• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,922 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,922

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 65: Names Please

“Silver-Mane hired the thugs to foalnap Sparkler?” Celestia asked in surprise.

“Yes princess.” Quill responded. He and Celestia were in the throne room and Quill had just told her what he learned. “I don’t know how long ago he did so, but Silver-Mane apparently wanted Ms. Medley gone for good.” He told her.

Celestia grimaced. “Thank you for bringing this to my attention Chief Quill. Now, go and be with your family for Hearth’s Warming. You earned it.” She told him.

“Just doing my job, Your Majesty. Oh, and one more thing.” Quill said.

“What is it?” Celestia responded.

“With your permission, I believe that any records relating to Sparkling Medley and her family should be sealed under the highest possible clearance.” Quill said. “I’m talking birth certificates, address, social security, all of it sealed away so that the remaining Nobles can’t use them for their own sinister means.” He suggested.

“Do you believe that is necessary?” Celestia asked.

“Considering what happened last night, and all the noise the Nobles have been making, it's better to be safe than sorry.” Quill reasoned.

“Hmm. You make a fair point. Make it so Quill.” Celestia responded.

“Yes Your Majesty.” Quill replied. With that, he left the throne room.

Celestia grumbled a little. “All of this over Sparkler’s refusal to wear a crown.” She said to herself. She turned and headed for a door off of the throne room. “Let’s see how Silver-Mane takes this news.”


Sparkler and Twilight stood in their infirmary room, well, Sparkler hovering in the air, in front of a line of tiny little beds that held, for better or worse, their six little bundles of joy. Dr. Shadow Wind was kind enough to have the foals brought to them so that they could spend some time with them without a window and a wall separating them.

Sparkler couldn’t help but choke up a smile as she better took in what six Alicorn foals looked like. From left to right, one of the three colts had red fur, then there was Kicker, who was still orange furred, but Kicker’s mane now had a purple stripe where there was originally an orange stripe. Then there was a yellow furred colt, followed by the third colt, who had green fur. The second filly had a light blue fur coat, and finally, the third filly had a lighter lavender fur coat then Twilight. It was quite literally a rainbow in front of them. But what choked Sparkler up the most however, was the fact that all of them, colt and filly alike, were staring up at them with blue eyes. The same blue eyes that Sparkler herself had.

“They have your eyes Sparky.” Twilight commented softly, her own eyes watering a little as she smiled down at the six foals, who thankfully haven’t tried to spark yet.

Sparkler nodded. Though a part of her was also worried. Because Kicker now had blue eyes and that was another reason to believe that the kicker that she adopted was gone forever. With that in mind, Sparkler lit her horn, landed on her hooves, and carefully and slowly lifted little Kicker out of the bed and into her forelegs. “Kicker.” She cooed softly, trying to get some sort of signal out of him that he recognized her. “Hey there.” She said.

The reaction that she received removed any doubt as to whether Kicker’s memory was erased or not. When she spoke, Kicker looked up with his/her big blue eyes, and smiled. “Momma.” He said softly.

It may have been soft, but both Sparkler and Twilight heard it and Twilight held a hoof to her mouth. “He remembers…” Twilight said.

Sparkler was crying tears of joy now. “Do you remember me? And Mommy Twi?” She asked. Hoping for a confirmation.

Kicker nodded. “Mommy Twi.” And Sparkler and Twilight couldn’t hold back their tears of joy when Kicker said that. “Oh thank goodness.” Twilight said. Wrapping a wing around Sparkler.

“Welcome back Kicker.” Sparkler told Kicker. “We missed you so much.”

Twilight smiled, and turned her attention to the five other foals. “And as for you five, welcome to the family…” Twilight was about to call them their names…when she realized something. Something very, very important. “Sparkler.” She said simply.

“Yeah Twilight?” Sparkler responded.

“We never talked about names for Kicker’s siblings.” Twilight told her.

“We didn’t?” Sparkler asked. She quickly ran through her memory, and realized that with everything going on, they never talked about NAMES. “Darn it you’re right!” She exclaimed. “Shoot. Coming up with a name for ONE sibling isn’t easy. We gotta do it for five.”

“And we might want to do that before we get visitors.” Twilight reasoned. “I don’t suppose you’ve thought of ANY names for them?” She asked. Hopeful for a place to start.

Sparkler was about to say no, before she remembered that she DID actually think of some names, four names actually. Two filly and two colt names. “I did actually. Some of them have been on my mind longer than others.” She admitted. “I always liked Sky Flitter and Crystal Spark as filly names.” She said. “I came up with them back in first grade when the teacher asked us what our future kids' names would be.” She explained.

Twilight smiled warmly. “Sky Flitter and Crystal Spark. Beautiful names.” She said. She took a glance at the blue and light lavender fillies. “You thinking the little blue one should be Sky Flitter?” She asked.

Sparkler nodded as she glanced up at the beds, just barely being able to peak over the edge at the two fillies. “Yeah. And light lavender can be Crystal Spark.”

Twilight lit her horn and smiled as she took the now named fillies in her forelegs. “Welcome to the family Sky Flitter and Crystal Spark.” She said softly.

Sky and Crystal both started giggling, as did Kicker. Twilight lit her horn and lifted Kicker out of Sparkler’s hooves and floated him over to meet his sisters. “Say hello to Sky and Crystal, Kicker. They’re your sisters.” She told him.

Kicker giggled. “Sisters.” He said as he waved, while Sky and Crystal giggled and reached out to touch Kicker’s face. Twilight and Sparkler both went awww at the sight.

“Something tells me we don’t need to worry about Kicker complaining about having siblings.” Sparkler stated. She lit her horn and poofed in the camera that she packed. She aimed at the sight and snapped a picture.

Twilight giggled as Sparkler snapped the picture, and nudged her head to the three colts. “And what about the colts? I had a few ideas I just came up with.” She said.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door, followed by it opening and allowing Night-Mare, Cadance, and Shining to enter.

“Hey guys.” Night-Mare said, smiling.

“We thought we’d come around and visit you after the ordeal.” Shining explained.

“Hope everypony’s ok.” Cadance said.

Twilight smiled as she placed Kicker and his sisters back in their beds. “Good morning guys. Yeah we’re all doing fine…mostly.”

“Hey guys.” Sparkler said, alerting Night-Mare, Cadance, and Shining to her presence. And they all saw the current state Sparkler was in.

“Sparkler?!” They asked. Not believing their eyes.

“Yeah.” Sparkler said, sheepishly. “Good morning.”

“Sparkler what happened to you? You're so small.” Shining said.

“And so CUTE!” Cadance added, lighting up like a Hearth’s Warming tree.

“How did this happen?” Night-Mare asked.

“We don’t know. I woke up early this morning like this. For all we know, this is just NATURAL and my body’s way of recovering from giving birth to Sky, Crystal, Kicker, and the boys.” Sparkler explained.

“Now that doesn’t make much sense. I gave birth to Flurry and I didn’t regress to the age of five…by the looks of it.” Cadance said.

“Did you give birth to SIX Alicorns Cadance?” Sparkler shot back. “Does Flurry have any siblings that we don’t know about?”

“…Ok now I can see why it could be natural.” Cadance said. “That’s a lot of foals.”

“It is.” Night-Mare responded, turning her attention to said foals. “And might I say that you pushed out some really adorable foals.” She said, smiling at the six foals. “Hi there.” She said softly.

The six foals giggled as Sparkler lit her horn and took Kicker back into her forelegs. She flapped her wings and moved over the bed so that the three could get a look at Kicker. “And Night-Mare. Now you can finally meet our son…or…daughter I guess for the time being.” She said. “Ahem. This is Thunder Kicker.” She said.

Night-Mare smiled. “Hey there Kicker.” She said softly. “Nice to finally meet you. I’m your auntie Night-Mare.” She said.

Kicker reached out and touched Night-Mare’s face. “Auntie.” He said.

That received an Aww from everypony. Though Cadance and Shining’s eyes widened. “He can talk?” Cadance asked.

“Yeah. He has all his memories so he remembers how to talk.” Twilight said.

“Hey Kicker.” Sparkler said softly, getting Kicker’s attention. “Who’s this nice mare?” She asked, showing him Cadance.

“Cadece.” Kicker said, reaching out to grab onto Cadance.

Cadance beamed brightly as Sparkler let her take Kicker in her hooves. “Welcome back Kicker.” She said softly. “Now you can finally meet the rest of your family.”

Shining smiled as he turned his attention to the remaining foals. “And just who are these little cuties that can call themselves Kicker’s siblings?” He asked.

Twilight smiled as she lit her horn and lifted Sky and Crystal out of their beds and held them out for Shining. “The blue filly is Sky Flitter, and her sister is Crystal Spark.” She said. “Would you like to hold them?” She asked.

Shining nodded as he took Sky and Crystal in his forelegs. “Hey there.” He said softly, the fillies giggled. Shining glanced at Sparkler and Twilight. “Have you decided what you were going to do with the extras?” He asked.

“We’re keeping all of them.” Sparkler replied without hesitation. “We may not have planned for more kids so soon. But they are Kicker’s siblings. And it doesn’t seem right to separate them, does it.” She reasoned.

Night-Mare smiled. “No it does not.” She responded. She looked at the three little colts. “And who are these little cuties?” She asked.

Twilight and Sparkler slowly stopped smiling. “Eh…we haven’t exactly named them yet.” Twilight admitted.

“We were actually just naming them when you three came along.” Sparkler added.

Shining chuckled and glanced at the colts, noting their colors. “You could name then Lemon Drop, Cherry Berry and PeaPod.” He suggested jokingly.

That got everypony chuckling. Twilight shook her head. “Shining, A, there’s already a Cherry Berry.” She said.

“And no offense, but those food names don’t really sound good.” Sparkler added.

Shining chuckled. “I was only kidding anyway.” He said.

Sparkler nodded, and flapped her wings to hover over the colts. After studying them for a moment, she glanced at Twilight. “You said you had some names in mind?” She said.

Twilight nodded. “The red colt could be Lumber Striker, Yellow could be Trail Blazer, and Green, Lightning Shield.” She said.

“Lumber Striker, Trail Blazer, and Lightning Shield.” Sparkler repeated. She smiled as she looked at the colts, who were reaching up to touch her hooves. She lowered herself ever so slightly so that they could touch her hooves. “I think they’re perfect names.” She said.

Cadance and Shining smiled as they levitated the foals they were holding back onto their beds. The five adults stood side by side and smiled at Lumber Striker, Kicker, Trail Blazer, Lightning Shield, Sky Flitter, and Crystal Spark. “Beautiful names. Also, Sparkler, you pushed out a rainbow huh.” Night-Mare joked.

Sparkler laughed. “Yeah…I suppose I did.” She said. She looked at all six of her foals. Finally thinking to herself that everything would be alright.

Unfortunately that smile vanished when she felt a Horn Pulse come in…from her father!

Thundercracker: Hey Sparky! We managed to catch an earlier train ride and we’ll be there sooner than we thought. Can’t wait to see you and Twilight and Kicker and meet Twilight’s family!

Her irises shrank when she processed the message. “Oh no.” She said, landing on the ground.

“Sparkler? What’s wrong?” Twilight asked.

“My parents are coming two days early!” Sparkler responded.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Sky Flitter, Crystal Spark, Trail Blazer, Lumber Striker, and Lightning Shield have joined the cast of SH! This will only be a good thing.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next