• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 57: Without a Shadow of a Doubt

In the Sparkle household, Cadance was in the Kitchen with her in-laws Twilight Velvet and Nightlight. They were cooking dinner for the night, and Velvet was going into overdrive. “Do you think we should make more salad? We should make more salad. We need to make sure Sparkler is well fed.” Velvet kept saying.

“Don’t you think we made enough salad?” Cadance asked, gesturing to the island in the kitchen, which was filled with salad bowls.

“Do you think that’s enough salad for twelve mouths?” Velvet countered.

“But there’s only nine eating. Plus a parrot and a dog but they have their own food.” Nightlight said.

“Nine plus Sparkler’s triplets. She’s eating for four. She needs the nutrition.” Velvet replied.

“Still, I think we’ve made enough salad.” Cadance commented.

Velvet glanced at the island full of bowls of salad, and let out a sigh. “Maybe you’re right. I just…I want to make Sparkler feel safe and welcome. She’s probably anxious right now with being suddenly pregnant with triplets. And then there’s the crap the Nobles are throwing at her. I just want to make the best first impression we can.” She explained.

“Just the fact that you’ll be accepting of her will be enough.” Cadance said. “I’m sure that all she wants is for you to not hate her.”

“Like we could ever hate our baby’s marefriend.” Nightlight chuckled. “We aren’t those Noble featherbrains.”

“Thank Faust you aren’t.” Cadance replied with a relieved smile. Sparkler’s Alicorn nature but Equestria like a brick, compounded by her decision to remain out of royalty. And while most of Equestria just accepted it for what it was, Canterlot was where the Anti Sparkler sentiment was more prevalent, thanks to all the noise the Nobles were making.

At that moment, they heard the front door open and Shining call in. “We’re back!”

Cadance smiled and trotted to the living room to see her husband and siblings in-law enter from the front door. “Twily!” She exclaimed.

While Cadance, Twilight, and Night-Mare did their little Ladybug routine, Velvet and Nightlight entered the living room. “Hello everypony.” Velvet said.

“Yo Velvet, Nightlight!” Spike waved. “How’ve you been?” He asked.

“We’ve been good.” Nightlight replied.

Twilight smiled as she then walked over and hugged her parents. “Hey mom, dad.” She said.

“Welcome home sweetie.” Velvet replied, hugging her daughter.

“You have some serious explaining to do young lady.” Nightlight told her, getting right to the elephant in the room.

Twilight chuckled as she blushed and smiled sheepishly. “Yeah so…mom, dad, uhm, I have a marefriend. And a son that uh…got magicked into my marefriend’s womb.” She said.

“Yeah. We heard.” Velvet said. “Care to explain why we heard it from Princess Celestia rather than you?” She asked.

“It just…never crossed my mind.” Twilight said. “I mean. The day Sparkler and I became a couple was the day we adopted our son, and the day after Sparkler and I were called on a friendship mission, it just was hectic.” She explained. “I was gonna tell you. I promise…just…when we came up for Hearths Warming which is…now I guess.”

Velvet and Nightlight listened. After Twilight was done, Nightlight nodded. “You shoulda sent a letter on that day that we had a grandson Twilight.” He said.

“As well as a marefriend.” Velvet added, turning her attention to Sparkler. “Speaking of which. You’re Sparkling Medley I’m guessing?” She asked.

Sparkler gulped, and nodded. Smiling sheepishly. “Uhm…yeah. I am. It’s nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle. Uh, you raised a wonderful-gah!.” She felt a kick again, cutting her off again. She clutched her stomach with her hoof, and nearly fell to the ground before Spike rushed in and kept her up.

“You ok Sparks?” Spike asked.

Sparkler nodded and got all four hooves back on the ground. “Yeah. Just felt another kick. Faust those triplets can serve a mean kick.” She commented.

Velvet chuckled and walked closer to Sparkler, shaking her hoof. “It’s wonderful to meet you Sparkler. Don’t worry if this meeting wasn’t how you thought it would go. We’ve seen our fair share of weirdness with the Element of Magic as a daughter.

“Right.” Nightlight said, also shaking Sparkler’s hoof. “We’re no strangers to the unexpected. We’re just glad our daughter’s finally found somepony.” He said.

Sparkler let out a smile. She had been worried about how Twilight’s parents would react. But it sounded like they accepted her. “Thank you. You raised a wonderful daughter.” She flashed a smile Twilight’s way.

Velvet nodded and clapped her hooves. “Alright! Celestia said you two had an appointment with her personal doctor in a few hours. Plenty of time for story time!” She announced happily.

“Oh yeah. You two definitely need to tell us the story of how you got together and how Kicker came into the picture.” Nightlight said. “All we got was that you two were together and that you had a son that Flurry sneezed into Sparkler’s womb.” He said.

Maddy barked happily and ran up to Velvet and Nightlight, happily greeting them and licking them.

“Oh. And also how this little one came into the picture too!” Velvet added. Giggling as she started petting Maddy.

“What’s her name?” Nightlight asked.

“Maddy. And there’s a parrot that went to see his probably-girlfriend. You’ll meet him later.” Sparkler said, chuckling to herself. She wouldn’t be surprised if Flappy and Mina were a couple by now.

“Looking forward to it. Now, it’s story time!” Night-Mare declared.

Twilight and Sparkler nodded and began to tell the tale of Kicker, them, and Maddy.


Later, after leaving Maddy with the Sparkles, Twilight and Sparkler, along with Flash Sentry, made their way to the castle. They entered the throne room to see Celestia and Luna there with another pony.

Luna heard the doors open and glanced up from the other pony to see Twilight, Sparkler, and Flash enter. “Ah. Our guests have arrived.” She announced. “I trust there has been no incidents Captain?” She asked.

“Other than issues with the uh, precious cargo being kickers.” Flash replied.

Celestia smiled and walked to meet the trio halfway. “Good afternoon Twilight and Sparkler. I do hope you two are holding up well.” She said.

“Considering I am pregnant with our son and two others, without my magic…all things considered, it could be worse.” Sparkler responded.

Twilight nodded in agreement. “Celestia, please tell me you found SOMETHING that could help?” She asked.

Much to Sparklers’ and Twilights’ chagrin, Celestia shook her head. “I have not been able to find anything that could help. This is not something that has happened before.” She responded.

“Maybe after I take a look at you we can at least find out when this will be over.” The Unicorn in the room chimed in as he trotted up to the four. “Dr. Shadow Wind. Personal Doctor to Princess Celestia. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He extended his hoof to Sparkler to shake.

Sparkler shook his hoof. “Nice to meet you too.” She said.

Shadow Wind nodded. “If you’ll follow me. We’ll get started on your examination.” He said, gesturing to a room off the throne room.

Twilight leaned in and planted a kiss upon Sparkler’s cheek. “Good luck.” She said.

Sparkler smiled and nodded, following Shadow Wind away.

Luna watched them go and cleared her throat. “All things considered, she seems to be doing well.” She commented.

“She’s mainly operating on the consolation that we didn’t permanently lose Kicker. And thank Faust for it. I don’t even want to think about what would’ve happened if Kicker wasn’t coming back.” Twilight replied.

Celestia nodded. “And how are you doing, my former student?” She asked Twilight.

Twilight sighed. “Honestly? I’ve never been so scared in my life.” She admitted. “It all happened so fast, and so soon after she and I adopted Kicker…I’m just so worried about her.” She said.

“Tis not easy watching those you care about go through something of this nature.” Luna commented.

“It’s not even that she’s pregnant with Triplets.” Twilight said. “It’s the Hyper Acceleration that has me worried. Like, normally pregnancy is 9 months minimum. Her being due as early as next week? What if something happens and she has a miscarriage? What if we lose the foals…what if we lose her?!” Twilight started hyperventilating as her brain came up with all sorts of undesirable outcomes. “I don’t know if I can handle losing her and Kicker at once. We only just became a family!” She exclaimed, going into full blown panic mode.

Celestia noticed her former student’s distress and pulled her in for a hug. “Calm down Twilight. It will be ok. You haven’t lost anypony yet.” She told her. “Dr Shadow Wind will come back with results. That’s a guarantee.”

Twilight nodded. She knew Shadow Wind was a fantastic doctor from her time as Celestia’s student. She knew Sparkler was in good hooves.


“My examination is complete and I have results.” Shadow Wind announced to everypony.

Twilight, Sparkler, Celestia, and Luna were all in the exam room where Shadow Wind had brought Sparkler. Sparkler nodded eagerly. “Well?” She asked. “What’s your take doc?”

“You are indeed pregnant with Triplets, and they are an Earth Pony, Unicorn, and Pegasus.” Shadow Wind announced.

“Yeah. We already knew that much. What about genders?” Twilight asked.

Much to Sparkler’s and Twilight’s chagrin, Shadow Wind shook his head. “That I was not able to determine.” Shadow responded.

“Seriously?!” Sparkler asked. “You’re supposed to be the best of the best and you can’t even determine what gender my foals are?!” She suddenly exploded at Shadow Wind. “What kind of Doctor are you?!” She asked angrily.

Sparkler’s outburst shocked everypony. Shadow Wind took a step back and cleared his throat. “I wish I could tell you. I really do, but for whatever reason, your foals don’t want to give up their genders.” He explained.

Sparkler glared at him for a moment, before her expression softened and she shrunk away. “S-Sorry about that doc, I don’t know what came over me.” She said.

“That was a mood swing. Perfectly normal for pregnancy.” Shadow Wind explained.

“Do you know when she is due Shadow Wind?” Luna asked.

“The Doctors in Ponyville said she could be due as early as next week. And I’m sure that was accurate at the time, but now your pregnancy seems to have picked up speed and now you are due anywhere from tomorrow to Saturday.” Shadow Wind explained.

Twilight’s jaw dropped. “But today’s WEDNESDAY!” She said.

“Three days?!” Sparkler could hardly believe it. What kind of pregnancy was she having?!

“That’s what my tests revealed.” Shadow Wind responded. “This really is a remarkable pregnancy. And if things changed between yesterday and today, at this point anything could happen.” He told them.

Sparkler looked like she was really gonna faint. But at the same time…At least Kicker should be back by the weekend. She took a deep breath. The knowledge that Kicker was still alive was the only thing holding her sanity together. It brought her enough comfort that she could keep herself from going crazy.

“I do have one recommendation though.” Shadow commented. “While Canterlot General is perfectly capable of handling this…unique pregnancy, when it comes time to deliver the packages, I believe it in Sparkler’s best interest that she gives birth here in the Castle.” He explained. “I am made to understand certain individuals aren’t happy with Sparkler at the moment?” He asked.

“The Nobles are in an uproar.” Celestia explained. “And given their resourcefulness…yeah. I do believe it would be best if you gave birth here rather than at a…less secure Hospital.” She told Sparkler.

Sparkler thought for a moment, before nodding in agreement. “I can get behind that.” She said.

“And until then, get plenty of rest, don’t do anything insane, and I’m also gonna recommend you don’t do any serious flying.” Shadow Wind told her.

Sparkler nodded. “Sure thing Doc, thank you.” She said.

“No problem Sparkler. Take it easy.” Doc Shadow Wind responded.

Sparkler nodded. Her mind still reeling from everything that was happening. I’m really having triplets…I don’t think I will ever get used to it.

Luna glanced at her sister and noticed Celestia had an odd expression on her face. “What troubles you sister?” She asked.

“I am not sure.” Celestia replied in a whisper. “I just have this weird feeling that this is only going to spiral even more out of hoof.” She replied. She glanced over to Sparkler and Twilight, who had closed in for a hug. “Something is coming. I can feel it.” She said.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

What could Celestia be referring to? Mysterious. Eh?

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next