• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 24: Sticking Together

“Well, I can safely say that Kicker SHOULD stick with Sparkler after he gets out of here.” Redheart said. She had just come out of Kicker’s room and reported to Nosey, Twilight, Sparkler, and Betty.

“What happened in there Nurse?” Sparkler asked.

“He was incredibly reluctant to talk, he was tense the entire time, and I had a little difficulty getting him to let me take his temperature. The poor thing was absolutely terrified without Sparkler in there.” Redheart replied. “So my recommendation? Not only should he stick with Sparkler to minimize the potentiality of his PTSD kicking in, but I feel that once he gets out of the cast, he should also be taken to therapy.”

“That’s a good idea.” Nosey said.

Betty nodded in agreement. “Ok, since Redheart recommended that Kicker stay with you Sparkler, there is some paperwork that you’re gonna need to fill out. To confirm that it was decided that you will retain custody of the foal due to his PTSD. And a form to apply for adoption, so that you can legally adopt him.” Betty reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a packet. She held it out for Sparkler to take. “If you could please fill out these forms and send them back my way at your earliest convenience, that would be great.”

“No problem Ms. Pringle.” Sparkler lit her horn and took the packet from Betty. “And what should I put down if for whatever reason I don’t have the answer?” She asked.

“Just fill out everything that applies to you. We don’t expect everypony to know everything.” Betty replied.

Sparkler nodded. “Alright. I’ll do that.”

Betty turned to Redheart. “Now. Ms. Redheart, if you don’t mind, I would like to ask you some questions about Thunder Kicker’s current condition.” She said.

Redheart glanced at Nosey, who gave her a smile. “She’s from Foal Protection Services.” He stated.

Redheart smiled at that and nodded. “Uh, sure. I can answer some questions.”

Redheart, Betty, and Nosey walked away. Leaving Twilight and Sparkler outside the room. Sparkler turned to Twilight. “Twilight if you need to head home. You can do that. I’ll be fine here with Kicker.” She said.

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah. I’m sure you had some things to do that you put off to be here.” Sparkler replied.

“The only thing besides school that I had today was you coming over for magic lessons.” Twilight said in a disappointed tone.

Sparkler’s ears drooped in disappointment and she offered an apologetic look to Twilight. “Yeah. Sorry I won’t be able to make it this evening.” She said

“Don’t worry about it Sparkler.” Twilight replied. “We couldn’t have possibly predicted last night was gonna go the way it did and put Kicker in the hospital. Right now that foal’s well-being is more important than you learning magic. We can just do it another time.” She said.

“Yeah. I’d like that.” Sparkler said. She and Twilight then closed in for a hug.

After a few seconds, they separated and Twilight started to leave. “So, see you around Sparkler?” She asked.

“Yeah. See ya around Twilight.” Sparkler replied as she watched Twilight go. When Twilight turned the corner out of her view, she let out a huge smile. Moving to Ponyville was DEFINITELY the right choice. I found a mare I can see myself being with for the rest of my life, I have a foal that wants me to adopt him. And to top it all off, nopony has thought of me as a freak since I came out as an Alicorn. Why the hay didn’t mom and dad move—

“Monster! Somepony help!” Kicker’s screaming reached Sparkler’s ears. She was immediately brought out of her thoughts and her momma bear instincts kicked in as she lit her horn on the spot.


Oh now that’s just rude. Thought Discord as the foal screamed and called him a monster. Here he was, trying to be nice and see how the foal Fluttershy told him about was doing, and then when he popped in and said hello, the foal instead screamed for help and called him a monster. “Gee. Scream a little louder. I don’t think the Crystal Empire heard you.” He said with an eye roll.

At that moment, the door to the room was bucked open and he saw Sparkler charge in with her horn lit. “Get away from him you...Discord?!” She exclaimed, at first furious, and then that fury was mixed with confusion.

Discord, seeing her with her horn lit and aiming at him, backed up to the corner and covered himself with his wings. “Ahh! I don’t mean any harm! I promise!” He told her.

It took a second for Sparkler to register who she had a horn point. But when she did, she let out a groan and dimmed her horn. “Don’t worry Kicker, he’s not a monster. Just an idiot.” She told Kicker as she rushed to his side. “He won’t hurt you.”

“W-who is he?” Ask Kicker, still a little terrified by the kitbash of animals that the creature was.

Discord smiled as he slowly approached the other side of the bed. “The name‘s Discord. The draconequus Lord of Chaos!” Discord answered, with huge letters spelling his name appearing above him and confetti blasting out of nowhere.

Sparkler saw that the letters and confetti bang spooked Kicker. “Discord! Cut it out! You’re scaring him!” She shouted over the applause that was also going off.

Discord heard, and after seeing the serious look on Sparkler’s face, deadpanned and snapped it all away. “Fine.” He pulled up a chair and sat down. He smiled at Kicker. “So what’s your name young colt?” He asked.

“T-Thunder K-Kicker.” Kicker replied, shakily.

“Nice to meetcha Kicker!” Discord said. “I would shake yer hoof but erm, looks like those two idiots did quite the number on you.”

“You know about that?” Sparkler asked.

Discord nodded in response. “I’m the lord of chaos. I know everything. I see everything.” He replied...while also snapping in multiple floating eyes to emphasize the see everything part.

Kicker saw the eyes and tensed up. He gulped when all the eyes turned to face him. “W-why are they all l-looking at me?!” He asked shakily.

Strike three. You’re out! Sparkler pulsed her horn and got rid of all the eyes. She shook her head. “Nope. Nuh uh.” She said. “You’re done. Get out.”

Discord noticed Sparkler was giving him the stink eyes. “What? Me?” He asked.

“Yes!” Sparkler exclaimed. “You’ve done nothing but terrify Kicker since you popped in unannounced and I can assure you he DOESN’T need another reason to have a nightmare. So get outta here!” She told him.

“Aww! I just wanted to see how he was doing.” Discord replied, deflating a little.

“Well then you shouldn’t have just popped in with no warning. You should’ve sent me a warning. But no. The Lord of Chaos needed to remind everypony of his chaotic ways.” Sparkler grumbled while lighting her horn. “So leave. Before I make you.” She told him.

Discord could sense that Sparkler wasn’t kidding. So he just decided to relent to her demand. “Alright fine.” He said. “I’ll go. Get well soon Kicker.” He said, popping away.

While Sparkler dimmed her horn and calmed down. Kicker relaxed. “Who was that mom?” He asked Sparkler.

“Some creature who leaves consideration for others at home sweetheart.” Sparkler replied. I swear to Celestia I don’t know what Fluttershy sees in him. She shook her head and turned back to Kicker. “Anywho. Hey Kick, I got some good news.” She said, smiling.

“What?” Kicker asked in response.

“Ya know how I told you earlier that once you were out of here you were gonna need to live with somepony else for a bit while I worked to finalize the adoption?” She asked. “Well, now you won’t have too. The nice Nurse recommended that you stay with me even after you get out of here.” She told him happily.

Kicker’s eyes widened and he let out a big grin. “Really?” He asked.

Sparkler nodded in reply. “Yep. Come the day after tomorrow I’ll bring you home with me.”

Kicker wanted to jump up and hug his mother in joy, but this time he remembered before trying that he was in a cast. “Ugh. I hate being in a cast.” He said with a groan.

“I’ll bet. You’re essentially cocooned. Too bad you aren’t a cute little caterpillar. You’d turn into a beautiful butterfly.” Sparkler said with a giggle.

Kicker giggled too. After a second, he stopped. “Can’t you just cast a spell to heal me?” Kicker asked.

“Sadly, no.” Sparkler regretfully replied. “That kind of magic is beyond my abilities. That and nopony reading this story wants me to.” Sparkler added.

“Why not?” Kicker asked.

Sparkler shrugged. “Beats me.” She said. “But don’t worry. I may not be able to heal you, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun during these two weeks. There are still plenty of things we can do while you’re in that cast. Play games, I could show you how the equipment in the basement works. Lots of things.” She said.

“Can you...r-read to me at night? Like, bedtime stories?” Kicker asked.

At that, Sparkler gave him a warm, tender smile. “Of course I can, and I will. Whenever you want me to.” Hopefully it isn’t tonight or tomorrow night though I don’t have...actually if I wait a bit, I can Horn Pulse Twilight if she can poof over her copy of the First Daring Do book for us to borrow. Or maybe I could ask somepony here to make a delivery. I’m sure he’d love the series.

At that moment, Sparkler heard knocking on the window, and while Kicker tensed up a bit, Sparkler glanced at the window to see Flappy smiling at them. She turned her head back around to Kicker. “It’s just Flappy Kick.” She said.

Kicker looked to the window and saw Flappy. He relaxed. “O-Ok.” He said.

Sparkler lit her horn and swung the window open and Flappy flew inside, past the sill. Sparkler’s eyes widened. “Flappy, you’re supposed to—“

“Squawk! I’m not gonna be here long. Squawk!” Flappy replied, cutting her off. “Squawk! Just came by to drop off Daring Do: the Adventure Begins. Squawk!” He said.

It was then when Sparkler realized Flappy had something in his claws. Her eyes widened when she saw that it was exactly what she had been thinking of how to get without leaving the room. Speak of the devil. She smiled at Flappy. “Either you read my mind Flappy or this is just a coincidence.” She said as she took the book from Flappy.

Flappy giggled in response. “Squawk! Hey, just thought the little guy would like it. Squawk!” He said as he flew over and landed on the table next to the bed. He smiled at Kicker. “Squawk! How’re you doing bud? Squawk!” He asked.

“I’m feeling better.” Kicker said.

“Squawk! That’s great! Squawk!” Flappy replied, glad that Kicker was feeling better.

Sparkler smiled as an idea came to her. “Hey Kicker.” She said. “Wanna tell Flappy the good news? About what’s gonna happen in the near future?”

Kicker grinned at that and turned to Flappy. “Mom’s gonna officially adopt me.” He stated.

Flappy’s eyes widened when Kicker called Sparkler mom, sensing that he knew EXACTLY what he was saying this time. And then he smiled as the second part sunk in. “Squawk! That’s great! Squawk!” He said happily.

“Yeah. We’re gonna be his forever home Flappy.” Sparkler said, lighting up her horn and summoning the packet of forms Betty gave her. “I just need to fill out this paperwork as soon as possible and get it to Betty Pringle from Foal Protection Services.” She explained.

“Squawk! Foal Protection Services came? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

“Yep.” Sparkler replied. “They did.”

“Squawk! Did you tell them that you passed the egg assignment...and subsequently passed the sequel assignment in school? Squawk!” Flappy asked with a chuckle.

“I did mention it.” Sparkler replied with a nod and giggle.

“What are you guys talking about?” Kicker asked.

“Nothing you need to worry about Kick.” Sparkler replied with a chuckle.

“Squawk! Just something that’ll strengthen mom’s position with Family Services. Ensuring her petition is approved. Squawk!” Flappy explained. If Kicker was gonna start calling Sparkler mom than so be it. “Squawk! Anywho. I better go. Mina’s waiting for me. Squawk!” He said, launching into the air.

Sparkler raised an eyebrow. “Mina? She’s still in town?” She asked.

“Squawk! Yep. Squawk!” Flappy said with a nod. “Squawk! She’s staying for a few days. And before you say anything, Fluttershy agreed to host her. Squawk!” He added when he saw Sparkler open her mouth.

Sparkler was gonna say that she didn’t want Flappy and Mina sleeping in the same house, but since Mina was staying at Fluttershy’s, she just nodded. “If there are any chicks soon, I’m not protecting you from Celestia’s wrath.” She told him.

“Squawk! See ya. Squawk!” Flappy said as he zipped away.

Sparkler just smiled as she closed the window behind Flappy. Kicker glanced at the book that Sparkler had placed at the foot of the bed. “What did Flappy bring?” He asked.

“He brought us a book we can read together.” Sparkler replied, holding up the book for Kicker to get a better look at. “Daring Do: The Adventure Begins. A story about an adventurer on her first ever adventure. The one that starts it all. It’s a good read.” She said.

Kicker beamed at the book. It did sound cool. “Can...can you read it to me? Now?” He asked.

Sparkler smiled softly at him as she opened the book to page one. “Of course I will.” She glanced at the page and started reading. “Chapter One. Prologue. It was a pretty normal day at the University of Canterlot...”

To be continued...

Author's Note:

And so ends the day after Kicker was hurt. Next chapter will be set during the next day. Woo.

Anywho, Let me know what you think down in the comments and leave suggestions on what you want to see for future chapters because we're closing in one some good filler real estate.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next