• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 52: Always got each other's back we do

🎶Wooo! I always love this time of year
White snow and reindeer

Heh, yeah

There's special something
In the air
Friends and family everywhere

Ooooh

When everypony's singing
My heart starts jing-a-lingin'
There's something 'bout
Those December nights

Today's the day
Let's celebrate
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul
We'll have a ball
Let's deck the halls
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul

We got that reindeer
Kinda cheer
Santa's flying over here
All the way from the North Pole!
'Cause we got Hearth's Warming Soul
Yeah, we got Hearth's Warming Soul

Uh, yeah!
What (What)

When it get's real cold outside
I'm ma take you on a sleigh ride

Woo!

We'll come & gather 'round the tree
And we'll make some memories

Oh, oh, yeah

When everypony's singing
My heart starts jing-a-lingin'
There's something 'bout
Those December nights

Today's the day
Let's celebrate
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul
We'll have a ball
Let's deck the halls
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul

We got that reindeer
Kinda cheer
Santa's flying over here
All the way from the North Pole!
'Cause we got Hearth's Warming Soul

Just clap your hooves
We can dance tonight (Come on!)
If you got Hearth's Warming spirit
Let it shine bright (Uh-huh)
I said
Just clap your hooves
We can dance tonight (Oh!)
If you got Hearth's Warming spirit
Let it shine bright

Yeah, yeah

Today's the day
Let's celebrate
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul
We'll have a ball
Let's deck the halls
With that Hearth's Warming Soul
Feel that Hearth's Warming Soul

We got that reindeer
Kinda cheer
Santa's flying over here
All the way from the North Pole!
'Cause we got Hearth's Warming Soul

Just feel that, just feel that
Just feel that Hearth's Warming Soul (Hearth's Warming Soul!)
Just feel that, just feel that
Just feel that Hearth's Warming Soul (Yeah, we'll feel that Hearth's Warming Soul!)
Just feel that, just feel that
Just feel that Hearth's Warming Soul
Oooh🎶

The song came to an end and Airwave was met with applause. Sparkler smiled and stopped the recording. “Woo! And that’s a wrap of your latest Hearths Warming Album Airwave!” She announced.

“Another flawless performance Wavy!” Lyrica praised.

“Let’s see what our guinea pig thinks.” Airwave responded. All eyes turned to Kicker, who was standing on the table in front of the couch.

“So. What’d you think Kicker?” Sparkler asked.

“That was awesome!” Kicker replied. “So catchy!”

“You know it!” Airwave replied as he hoof-bumped Kicker.

Sparkler smiled at the action. Sometimes it was hard to believe all the craziness that happened the last few months. Coming out and finding acceptance from the masses, finding Kicker and adopting him, and of course hooking up with Twilight. If she were told even one year ago that she would be a mother to a colt and a marefriend to a princess while regularly working with her idol, all while her wings were exposed without a care in the world, she would’ve laughed and dismissed the notion. And yet here she was, coming up on Hearths Warming with all those accomplishments under her belt. It felt so surreal.

“Squawk! Alright! Who’s up for some lemonade? Squawk!”

“Ooh! Me me me! I love homemade lemonade!” Kicker exclaimed.

Sparkler giggled and levitated Kicker onto her back. “Glad you think so Kick.” She said as she turned to Airwave and Lyrica. “You two game for some Lemonade?” She asked.

“I could use a drink. I’m a little parched.” Airwave replied.

“And I won’t say no to the best lemonade I’ve ever had.” Lyrica replied with a giggle.

Sparkler giggled in response and started upstairs. “Alright then.” She said.

Airwave, Lyrica, and Flappy followed Sparkler and Kicker upstairs and into the kitchen. Sparkler summoned five bottles of her homemade lemonade from the fridge and gave one to each of her companions. “Here you go everypony.”

“Yay!” Kicker responded, happy he was getting more lemonade.

Lyrica chuckled and took a delicious sip of her bottle of lemonade. “Mmm. This really is the tastiest lemonade I’ve ever had.” She commented.

“Squawk! And the crazy part is, Sparkler created this in home Ec class in MIDDLE SCHOOL. During the cooking unit she decided to experiment a little and she ended up with this masterpiece! Squawk!” Flappy explained.

“Holy smokes Sparkler. You made this in Middle School?!” Lyrica asked.

Sparkler blushed and smiled sheepishly. “We had free time in class and I just…felt the urge to experiment.” She admitted.

“I’d say it was a delicious success.” Airwave commented.

“I bet this would be a hit at the Release Parties we had while we were at Star Records.” Lyrica commented.

“Release Parties?” Kicker asked. “What are those?”

“They are parties to celebrate the release of new albums basically.” Sparkler explained.

“They’re a lot of fun because you get to celebrate the hard work it takes to make an album happen.” Lyrica added.

“Like the new Album you guys finished today?” Kicker asked.

“Exactly.” Sparkler said. “It takes a lot more work than you’d think to create an Album. It’s a lengthy process.” She explained.

Admittedly Kicker didn’t understand half of what was being explained to him, but he heard party and got excited. “Are you guys gonna have one now?” He asked.

That made everypony stop. Sparkler, Lyrica, Airwave, and Flappy all glanced at each other.

“Squawk! Should we? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

“I mean…we don’t HAVE to necessarily.” Lyrica responded.

“But it could be fun.” Airwave added.

“I mean…there’s really no reason why we COULDN’T put one on…” Sparkler said, her mind racing with the thought of putting on a Sparkling Harmony Records Release Party for Airwave’s newest Album.

“Squawk! I say let’s do it. Squawk!” Flappy suggested. “Squawk! There’s no reason NOT to have one. And I think it really could be fun. Squawk!” He reasoned.

Sparkler thought about it for a good minute. An SHR Album Release Party… She made up her mind and smiled. “Ya know what? Sure, it could be fun. Let’s do it!” She said.

“Awesome!” Airwave and Lyrica responded.

“Yay!” Kicker replied.

“Squawk! This is gonna be a blast! Squawk!” Flappy exclaimed.

“Yeah.” Sparkler agreed. I never thought I would be having a Release Party. I wonder who’ll end up coming…

At that moment, her horn tingled with the arrival of a horn pulse…from Vinyl.

Vinyl: Yo SM! Karaoke Night at ElectroScratch. Betcha Kicker would love it. Hope to see you there. Stay smooth!

Sparkler chuckled when her mind processed the message. “Sounds like Karaoke night’s happening at ElectroScratch. Vinyl just sent a message to me saying Kicker might like it.” She said.

“I agree.” Airwave replied. “It’s always fun.

“Karaoke night?” Kicker asked, something else he didn’t know.

“Squawk! Ponies get together, they sing songs, and have a good time. Squawk!” Flappy explained.

“Oh. Cool! Can we go mom?” Kicker asked, looking at her with Puppy Dog eyes.

Flappy laughed when he saw Kicker with Puppy Dog eyes as Sparkler chuckled herself and nodded. “Of course Kick. We can go.” She said.

Airwave and Lyrica Snickered when. They saw Kicker pull out the puppy dog eyes. “Wow. Kick knows the Puppy Dog routine?” Airwave asked.

“His brother Spike taught him.” Sparkler replied with an eye roll.

“Spike the dragon?” Lyrica asked. “He’s Kicker’s brother?”

“Twilight and Spike consider themselves mother and son. Kicker is Twilight’s son too. So logically that makes Kicker and Spike brothers.” Sparkler explained.

“Wow.” Airwave responded. “Good to hear Kicker.” He said.

“Yeah. Spike’s awesome.” Kicker responded with a smile.

Sparkler smiled, then got an idea. She lit her horn and horn pulsed Twilight.

Sparkler: Hey Twilight, Vinyl just suggested I bring Kicker to Karaoke Night at ElectroScratch tonight. You want to bring Spike and we’ll make it a family outing?

Twilight: Sure! Hey, maybe you and I could sing a song together.

Sparkler: Oh that would be awesome! See you tonight then?

Twilight: Definitely. See you then. Love you!

Sparkler: Love you too Twily.

Sparkler smiled as the Horn Pulse conversation ended. Despite it being a thing for nearly two weeks now, it was still surreal to her that she could suggest family outings…to her family. This is literally Elysium for me. she thought.


Hours later, Kicker was riding on Sparkler’s back as they and Flappy trotted down the street. Kicker was smiling widely. “This is gonna be so fun!” He declared.

“Squawk! Oh it will be! Hey Sparkler, wanna get up on stage again? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

“Maybe.” Sparkler replied.

They approached the entrance to ElectroScratch and saw Twilight and Spike waiting for them at the entrance. Spike noticed them first and smiled widely. “Hey! If it isn’t the SHR crew!” He said with a wave.

Sparkler smiled and waved back at them. “Heya Twilight. Spike, how was yer day?” She asked.

“Boring.” Spike replied. “Nothing but lectures.” He explained.

Twilight just rolled her eyes. “Come on Spike. It wasn’t boring at all.” She said. “How about you guys? Another successful day at Sparkling Harmony Records?” She asked.

“Yeah. And we’re having a Release party for Airwave’s new Album!” Kicker replied.

Twilight smiled. “Ooh. Sounds fun.” She said.

“Yeah.” Sparkler replied. “There’s really no reason why we COULDN’T throw one. And it could be a fun thing to kick off the holidays or something.” She explained.

“It certainly will be.” Twilight replied as they all entered the club together. “This was a nice idea you had to make this a family outing Sparky.” She said.

“Thank Vinyl for making me aware that karaoke night was tonight.” Sparkler responded.

Twilight leaned in and nuzzled Sparkler in the cheek as they all descended the stairs into the club itself. Downstairs, they immediately saw something that they were not expecting. They saw Fluttershy and Discord on stage, sitting by a Piano.

🎶What's your favorite time of year, can you tell me?

The one that never gets here fast enough

Is it fall or spring?
A summerthing?

Winter is my favorite time, because

Billion lights are blinkin'
Jingle bells are ringin'
everypony's singing
I love Hearth's Warming
Santas almost flyin'
Lots of ribbon tyin'
Presents multiplyin'
I love Hearth's Warming
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
I love Hearth's Warming

You better watch out
For that mistletoe
They're hangin'
And you might have to
Pucker up and kiss, somepony

Friends you know are gonna pray for snow
A winter wonderland is a lot more fun
A lot more fu-u-un

Billion lights are blinkin'
Jingle bells are ringin'
everypony's singing
I love Hearth's Warming
Santas almost flyin'
Lots of ribbon tyin'
Presents multiplyin'
I love Hearth's Warming
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
I love Hearth's Warming

Seems like you got to wait forever
To seasons change then here it comes

It's magic when it brings us all together

This doesn't last long enough
Long enough
Yeah

I love Hearth's Warming
I love Hearth's Warming

Billion lights are blinkin'
Jingle bells are ringin'
everypony's singing
I love Hearth's Warming
Santas almost flyin'
Lots of ribbon tyin'
Presents multiplyin'

I love Hearth's Warming
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa

I love Hearth's Warming
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa

I love Hearth's Warming
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa

I love Hearth's Warming🎶

The music ended and the crowd cheered as Sparkler, Twilight, and their family clapped from the table they had sat at. “Wow. Good job Fluttershy and Discord.” Twilight said.

“It’s so weird.” Sparkler commented. “On one hoof, Discord is chaotic as all heck…but then there’s this. Him, singing in a bar, and the only chaotic thing he did was poof the piano away, and in I’m assuming.”

“Are you surprised? I’m the lord of Chaos. Nothing I do makes sense.” Discord’s head suddenly popped up and landed on the table they were sitting at.

All five of them jumped in surprise, and Kicker hid behind Sparkler, who groaned. “Dude stop doing that!” She scolded him.

“Sorry Sparky. Can’t help it.” Discord replied.

“Discord? Are you scaring Kicker again?!” Fluttershy asked as she walked up to their table.

“I don’t mean to!” Discord replied.

“Discord, for real, you’re gonna give Kicker Nightmares if you keep it up.” Twilight told him.

Discord rolled his eyes. “It’s not like I’m gonna turn him into anything. Sheesh.” Discord reformed into his whole body and sat down with his arms crossed. “I can’t have any fun anymore.” He complained.

“Not while Kicker’s in the room.” Fluttershy said.

“Alright! Let’s hear it for Discord and Fluttershy everypony! Guess we know their favorite time of year is. Hehe.” Vinyl chuckled on stage. “Who’s gonna rock the house next eh?” She asked.

Kicker, who had come back out of hiding, took one look at the stage, and got an idea. Quickly, he pulled Flappy and Spike in to whisper to them.

Flappy and Spike went wide-eyed at the idea Kicker had. “Seriously?”

“Squawk! You sure? Squawk!”

Kicker nodded at both of them, Spike and Flappy glanced at each other, and nodded. “Sure.”

“Squawk! Could be fun. Squawk!”

Kicker smiled and the three of them started for the stage.

“Uh, where are you three going?” Sparkler asked, confused.

“Up on stage to sing.” Kicker called back.

Sparkler’s and Twilight’s jaws dropped. Discord laughed. “Ooh. This should be fun.” He snapped his fingers and a camera with film in it appeared on the table. “And, Act-“ He didn’t get a chance to finish as Sparkler literally shoved him out of the way and took control of the camera. She and Twilight were smiling brightly.

“Don’t you dare miss a single second of this!” Twilight told Sparkler.

Sparkler nodded as their three boys got up on stage. “Let us take a crack at it Vinyl.” Kicker said.

Vinyl blinked twice, and smiled. “Alright. What song?” She asked.

Kicker gestured her in and whispered the song he wanted, Vinyl smiled and nodded. “Alright then, show us what ya got.” She said as she hooved over the floor to Kicker and his bros, got behind her music set up, and started the music.

Everypony was bobbing their heads to the groove and the foals there were dancing. Everypony was having such a good time, that everypony failed to notice Kicker glowing a certain magical glow for a few seconds.

The song came to an end and the crowd cheered.

Sparkler and Twilight were both crying hysterically at how amazing their three boys sung together.

“Oh my faust! I'm crying right now!” Sparkler said from behind the camera.

“We’re doing everything we can to preserve this forever.” Twilight said.

“Agreed.” Sparkler replied.

Vinyl smiled and walked back on stage. “Wow. Just, wow. Let’s hear it for Kicker Spike and Flappy everypony! Sparkler, Twilight, you had better have gotten that on a recording.” She said.

“We did!” Sparkler called out.

“And we’re making sure we don’t lose it!” Twilight added.

“Nice!” Vinyl replied.

Kicker, Spike, and Flappy swiftly made their way back to the table, Kicker smiled at his mothers. “How was that?” He asked.

“That was amazing!” Twilight replied, scooping the three up in her wings.

“You made us so proud!” Sparkler added, with tears still present in her eyes. “Singing like that at your age. There’s a real chance you’ll get a cutie mark in music Kicker!”

“Whoa. Awesome!” Kicker replied.

“Ok. Who’s gonna wow us next?” Vinyl asked.

Sparkler took one look at the stage, then at Twilight. Well, we did entertain the idea earlier. “How about it Twi?” She asked.

“What?” Twilight asked. “You mean we go up there?”

“We did entertain the idea earlier.” Sparkler said.

“We did…” Twilight trailed off.

“Come on! Kicker, Flappy and I went up. Now you two have to.” Spike said.

“Yeah. Come on Mom and Mommy Twi!” Kicker urged, pulling out the puppy dog eye routine.

Twilight chuckled. “Ok now we have to do it.” She said.

Sparkler laughed. “Thank you Spike for teaching him Puppy Dog eyes.” She said with an eye roll.

“Squawk! And I got the perfect song. Squawk!” Flappy leaned in and whispered the song choice to Twilight and Sparkler.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “What? But Flappy, that’s your guys’ song.” She said.

“Squawk! And after everything that’s happened since Sparkler and I moved to Ponyville I think it’s safe to say you deserve to duet it with her. Squawk!” Flappy replied.

Twilight glanced at Sparkler, who gave her an encouraging nod. After a moment, she smiled. “I’d be honored to sing it with you.” She said.

Sparkler smiled and together, she and Twilight made their way to the stage.

Vinyl saw them coming and smiled. “Ooh. We got the whole family getting in on the action. Awesome.” She said. “What song?” She asked. Sparkler leaned in and whispered the desired song to Vinyl, who smiled. “You got it Sparkler.” She handed the mic to the pair and started the music.

🎶Never known anypony like you before
Somepony who could make me smile
When I'm falling on the floor

Never laughed so hard till I met you
Somehow you get me when nopony else has a clue

It's ok to be me next to you
It feels good to be one of the two

Just like glue

Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
So glad I've got a girl like you
Me and you
Always got each other's back we do
'Cause everything's a little bit better
When you and I stick together
Stuck on you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

If you need a shoulder, you got mine
If you're ever in a pinch you know
I'd give my very last bit

Two peas in a pod, me and you
In perfect harmony, we're bobbing our heads to the groove

It's okay to be me next to you
It feels good to be one of the two

Just like glue

Me and you-ooh
So glad I've got a girl like you
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Always got each other's back, we do
'Cause everything's a little bit better
When you and I stick together
Stuck on you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

You always got a friend, always got a friend
Always got a friend in me
I always got a friend, always got a friend
Always got a friend in you too

You always got a friend, always got a friend
Always got a friend in me
Always got a friend, always got a friend

That's the way it's gonna be
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
So glad I've got a girl like you
Me and you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Always got each other's back, we do
'Cause everything's a little bit better
When you and I stick together
Stuck on you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Me and you
Me and you, me and you

[i]Always got a friend, always got a friend (oh yeah)
Always got a friend in me (me and you)
I always got a friend, always got a friend
Always got a friend in you too

'Cause everything's a little bit better (yeah)
When you and I stick together
Stuck on you
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Me and you
You🎶

The song came to an end with Sparkler and Twilight both looking into each other’s eyes. The crowd applauded the two and cheered while Twilight, on an impulse, brought Sparkler in for a kiss on the lips.

Sparkler let it happen and closed her eyes, losing herself in the bliss the kiss provided. She hadn’t expected to be singing Me and You, hers and Flappy’s special song, tonight, but she wasn’t complaining, because she couldn’t have picked a better song to be hers and Twilight’s first duet together.

Discord smiled from behind the camera, having gotten the Duet on film. “And that’s a wrap!” He turned and looked directly at—wait what?!

“That was quite the musical episode. What will happen next? And what was the glow from Kicker? Stay tuned to find out right here, on Sparkling, Harmony, Season 2!”

Gah! DISCORD!!!!! No pulling a Chris from Total Drama!

"Sorry Cap. Couldn't resist."

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Oh my god! This was by far the hardest one to edit. Lol. But hey. It was worth it.

music credit to their respective Artists. All I did was change the lyrics accordingly to fit the world.

In order of Lyrical appearance.

I hope you enjoyed this Jam Fest throwback to Early Season 1.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next