• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 64: More Questions, Few Answers

Celestia’s sun grazed the land to signal the start of another day, and the beginning of Hearths Warming Eve. A day that Quill should have had off but unfortunately was forced to go into the police station because he needed to question a quartet of goons that made the mistake of trying to foalnap Sparkler.

“As if the Nobles harassing her wasn’t enough. Now some goons went and tried to foalnap her. Just one thing after another.” He muttered to himself. It wasn’t that he blamed Sparkler for everything, she didn’t have any control over it. But at the same time, it created more work for Quill.

After being told what room the goons were in, Quill proceeded straight there and entered, finding four goons that he unfortunately already was very familiar with. “Oh not you four again!” He said.

“Quill. Good to see you again. Not.” Replied one of the goons, who wasn’t anymore happy to see Quill.

“This is all a misunderstanding officer. The mare’s fine. We didn’t hurt her.” Another goon said.

“And it’s Hearth’s Warming. We’d much rather be with our families.” A third goon said.

“Let us go.” The final goon finished.

Chief Quill groaned and shut the door behind him. “Cut the innocent act. You were found WAY outside your normal hang out zone, you tried to nab an Alicorn. And I know for a fact that you four wouldn’t be so stupid to do such a thing on your own.” He told them. “So all I have to ask is, who hired you to nap her?” He asked. With no confidence that he would get an answer.

“We ain’t saying nothing.” One of the goons replied.

Quill figured that was the case. “Look, the last thing I want to do is be here interrogating you four idiots. But as with the last five years. Here we are again. You four having done something and me needing to get answers from you. Please, just choose the path of least resistance and tell me who hired you.” He said.

“We can’t.” A goon replied.

“The boss would kill us if he found out we told you he wanted her out of the picture.”

“And based on the insults they threw at her, they really wanted her gone.”

At the insults thing, Quill, through his detective nature, saw an opportunity to narrow down the possible suspects. “Insults? Like what?” He asked.

“Called her a Falsicorn, a mistake that should never have happened.” A goon responded.

“Something about disrespecting everything Alicorns are.” Another goon said.

Falsicorn, a mistake… Quill’s mind came up with a few suspects that fit that language, and decided to try one of them out. “Silver-Mane.” He said simply.

The four goons jumped in surprise when they heard that name. “How did you know he was our boss?” One of the goons stupidly asked.

Quill suppressed a laugh, but he did smile. “You just told me.” He said simply. Having all he needed, he turned to leave the room. “Thank you for your cooperation.”

While the four goons realized Quill played them, the chief left the room and closed the door. “Silver-Mane hired a gang of thugs to try to take Sparkler out of the picture. Ooh is the princess gonna want to hear this.” He said.


At the castle, Sparkler rode on Twilight’s back as they walked the large corridors, heading to Princess Celestia’s personal library. Along the way, Sparkler felt naked. Not because she was wearing nothing but the shiny blue bow she had on the previous night, but because she was smaller than she was supposed to be.

“C-couldn’t we have just teleported to Celestia’s library?” She asked Twilight.

“Considering we don’t know what happened to you and what magic may be at play here. I didn’t want to take the risk of teleporting.” Twilight responded. “But we’re almost there. I promise.” She assured Sparkler.

Sparkler let out a gulp, and nodded. In truth she was terrified of Celestia seeing her like this. And also she was terrified that any minute, somepony was gonna throw food at her. I was this age when it started… Her mind raced as memories from being five years old came flooding back to the forefront. Mainly the eggs, and the name calling.

Soon, they reached Celestia’s Library and Twilight pushed the door open. Revealing a modest space with dozens of books and a fireplace. Celestia herself sat by the fireplace with a mug of coffee. She glanced to see who had entered and smiled when she saw Twilight. “Well good morning Twilight.” She greeted Twilight.

“Good morning Celestia.” Twilight responded with a smile.

“I must say that this is quite a surprise visit. I had thought I would see you when I came to visit you and Sparkler in the infirmary later today. Might I inquire why this early morning visit?” Celestia asked.

“Well…maybe you should just see for yourself. I brought Sparkler along and she’s riding on my back.” Twilight explained as she turned her body so Celestia could see Sparkler…or so she thought.

Celestia noticed a lack of something on a twilight’s back and raised an eyebrow. “Twilight? I think you may be missing something.” She told her.

Twilight glanced behind her, expecting to see Sparkler, but instead saw nothing. “What the…where did she go?” She asked as she glanced around the room. “She was just here a moment ago.”

“Is there something wrong Twilight?” Celestia asked, worried.

“Last night, she woke up after being put under for the birth of the six Alicorn foals. And when she woke up, she had regressed to the age of five physically.” Twilight explained.

“Oh my.” Celestia responded, going wide eyed. “Is she ok?”

“Maybe not since she went off to hide…I think.” Twilight replied as she lit her horn to Horn Pulse Sparkler.

Twilight: Sparkler, where are you? Celestia wants to see you.

Sparkler: Under the couch.

Twilight turned her attention to the sole couch in the room, which was behind Celestia so that raised the question of how Sparkler got under there without being noticed. She slowly approached the couch. “Sparky.” She said in a calm and soothing tone. She lowered her head to look under the couch and saw a heartbreaking sight, under the couch, Sparkler was curled up into a ball, and it looked like she had tears in her eyes, and she was visibly shaking. Seeing that made Twilight realize what was going on. Sparkler was having a PTSD attack from when she was really five and was already being bullied.

“Hey, Sparky, it’s ok.” Twilight cooed. “Nopony is going to hurt you. You’re in a safe place.” She told her.

Sparkler glanced up to look at Twilight. “P-promise?” She asked shakily.

“Rest assured that you are safe little Sparkler.” Celestia said as Sparkler saw Celestia’s head appear before her, wearing a smile. “I can see why you wished to visit this morning. If you could come out from under there, perhaps we can fix this little problem.” She said in a welcoming voice.

Sparkler looked between Twilight and Celestia, and after staring at them for a few seconds, nodded and crawled out from under the couch.

Twilight smiled as she took her hoof and helped her the rest of the way, pulling her into a comforting hug. “It’s ok Sparkler. You’re safe.” She said.

Sparkler took a deep breath and wiped the tears from her eyes. “S-sorry.” She said, calming down. “Just…had a moment of panic there.”

Twilight giggled and squeezed Sparkler just a tad tighter in a loving manner. “Don’t worry about it sweetums.” She said.

“Given your history I can understand why you would not want to be regressed to this age.” Celestia said. She took a sip of her coffee and smiled. “Now, perhaps you could tell me in your own words what happened?” She asked Sparkler.

“I woke up sometime last night…I can’t say when exactly but it had to have been a few hours after the birth. When I woke up, and Twilight pointed it out, I was like this.” Sparkler explained. “Shadow Wind guessed that this was what happened when somepony gives birth to six Alicorn Foals. But that really can’t be it can it?” She asked.

“Unfortunately I do not know.” Celestia replied. “A pregnancy like the one you just had has never happened before. Not to my knowledge anyway. It is entirely possible that this is just your body’s way of recovering from helping six Alicorns develop their magic before birth.” She explained.

Sparkler had a hard time believing that being regressed to the physical age of five was natural. But considering how there was no information to go on, she decided to just go with it and move on. “Is there some age spell somepony could try to fix this?” She asked.

“There is an age spell we could try.” Celestia responded. “Perhaps if Twilight and I both cast the same Age Spell on you, it would revert you back to your proper age.” She suggested.

“If you could please try that would be great.” Sparkler responded, wiggling out of Twilight’s grasp and setting herself up to be blasted with magic.

Twilight and Celestia glanced at each other and nodded. “Brace yourself Sparkler.” Twilight told her as she and Celestia lit their horns.

Sparkler closed her eyes and braced herself. She felt the magic hit her. And she didn’t feel any different. She opened her eyes to the smoke clearing. “Did it work?” She asked.

Celestia and Twilight watched as the smoke from the magical blast cleared, and much to their chagrin, the smoke revealed a completely unaffected Sparkler. When asked if it worked, Twilight shook her head. “No. No it didn’t.” She said.

Sparkler groaned in frustration. “Flurry should’ve been given a tissue.” She said simply.

“Do not fret Sparkler. This will not be the last attempt. However, if it did not work now, perhaps it would be best to hold off on another attempt. If it is just natural and your body is recovering, than you should be back to normal very soon anyway.” Celestia told Sparkler.

“I hope you’re right princess.” Sparkler responded. “While we’re here. There is another thing I’d like to talk about. How did I go from being pregnant with one earth pony colt, to one of each of the three species of ponies, to sextuplet Alicorns?” Sparkler asked. “Like, how is that even possible? And that's ignoring that Kicker is now the wrong gender as well.”

“Ah. Now that, I can provide a more confident theory on.” Celestia responded with a smile. “It boils down to the Alicorn Magic at play. Yours, and Flurry Heart’s.”

“Ok?” Twilight responded. “So what? What happened?”

“I believe that during your pregnancy, the combined magic of you and Flurry Heart mingled with Kicker and was powerful enough to not only split him 6 different ways, but also was powerful enough to alter their DNA enough that all six foals are genuine Alicorns.” Celestia explained.

“But wait a minute. Six Alicorn Foals still seems a bit of a stretch. I mean, nopony could be powerful enough magically that a helping magical boost creates six Alicorns.” Twilight said, confused.

Celestia nodded. “Indeed Twilight.” She said. “Which is what makes Dr. Shadow Wind’s findings all the more interesting.”

“His findings?” Sparkler asked. “What did he find?”

“He noticed something off about your magic.” Celestia responded. “It was far more powerful than anything he had ever seen before. If I were to guess. I would say that Flurry Heart’s magic acted as a sort of activator that tapped in to a larger magic reserve than that of any horned pony in known history.” She explained.

Sparkler and Twilight say there wide-eyed at Celestia’s explanation. “W-what does that mean?” Sparkler asked.

“It means that you are not a normal pony even by Alicorn standards Sparkling Medley.” Celestia explained. “Your potential is far greater than you realize.”

Sparkler’s mouth went agape, her mind trying to process all this. She was more powerful than she realized? “I-is that a bad thing?” She asked, fear quickly surfacing.

“Not if you are in control of your magic.” Celestia replied, giving Sparkler a smile. “There is nothing wrong with being special Sparkler. I would only advise caution from now on as you continue to learn.”

Sparkler nodded. She could get behind that advice. “Ok.” She said, still trying to wrap her head around it.

“Is there anything else?” Celestia asked. Twilight and Sparkler both shook their heads in response. She smiled. “Then perhaps you would like to get back to the infirmary? I am sure that there are some foals that would love to meet their mothers for the first time.” She told them.

Sparkler and Twilight glanced at each other and smiled. “Maybe we can find out of Kicker remembers us.” Twilight said.

“Yeah!” Sparkler responded. Climbing onto Twilight’s back. “Uh, thanks Celestia.” She told the princess.

“Anytime Sparkler. I do hope everything works out in the end.” Celestia replied as Twilight said her farewells and she and Sparkler left.

Celestia was about to summon a book when the doors opened again to reveal her faithful assistant, Raven Inkwell. Raven bowed respectfully. “My apologies princess. But Chief Quill has requested an urgent audience. He claims to have discovered something in relation to last night’s…eventful Yule Ball.” Raven chose her words carefully.

That got Celestia’s attention as she raised an eyebrow. “Oh? And what did he find?” She asked.

“He said he’d rather talk about it to you in pony.” Raven responded.

Celestia nodded. As she followed Raven to where Quill was, her mind raced with what the chief could’ve found. I do hope that it is nothing too terrible. She thought.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Silver-Mane just keeps digging himself deeper. Hehe.

Now. Let's go see if Kicker at least has his memories shall we? Lol

PreviousChapters Next