• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,922 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,922

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 34: Game Fun

Sparkler trotted through the streets of Ponyville towards Twilight’s place. With Kicker riding on her back. While Sparkler kept her eyes on the trail, Kicker was looking around in amazement. The buildings they passed had more lights hanging from them and green circles with red bows adorned the doors. Also he could see white stuff falling from the sky. In short, it looked like a new town.

“Mom?” Kicker said.

“Yeah sweetie?” Sparkler responded.

“What’s going on? All the buildings suddenly have more lights and there’s white stuff falling from the sky.” Kicker said.

Sparkler looked around, and saw exactly what Kicker was talking about. She let out a chuckle. “Oh. The ponies in this town are just decorating for Hearths Warming. And the white stuff falling from the sky is called snow.” She explained.

“What’s Hearths Warming?” Kicker asked.

“WHAT?!” Shouted a familiar voice that spooked Kicker.

Sparkler heard the voice. Oh no. Pinkie heard that.

Within a millisecond, Pinkie was right there, with a shocked expression on her face. “You’ve never heard of Hearths Warming Kicker?!” She asked.

“N-no.” He replied, clinging to Sparkler best he could.

Sparkler felt him tense up and glared at Pinkie. “Pinkie I swear to Faust I’m gonna get a restraining order against you if you keep scaring Kicker like this!” She said.

Pinkie raised a confused eyebrow, before realizing what was going on and she backed off a bit. “Oh. Right. I’m sorry. I keep forgetting you don’t do well with surprises Kicker.” She apologized.

“It’s ok.” Kicker said, easing off.

“I was just surprised you never heard of the greatest holiday in the history of the world.” Pinkie said. “But it makes sense because you lived with mean ponies before Sparkler found you. They probably didn’t teach you anything about happy times.” She said.

“Apparently not...” Kicker said.

“Well, if ya want I can walk you to Twilight’s and Sparkler and I can tell you all about...hang on. Sparkler you know about the holiday right?” Pinkie asked.

“My parents and I celebrated it every year.” Sparkler responded.

“Great! So you and I can explain to Kicker what Hearth’s Warming is and why it’s so amazing!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“If you want Kicker.” Sparkler said.

“What is Hearths Warming?” Kicker asked.

“Oh have we got a story for you.” Pinkie said.

“Yeah.” Sparkler agreed. That reminds me. I need to get ready for Hearths Warming. Decorations, Tree, gifts..

“Ya know, I betcha you could get Twilight something amazing to tell her how you feel about her!” Pinkie said.

Sparkler blinked and blushed. “Oh...I don’t know...I don’t even know what to get her.“ She said.

“Just write her a song! Remember her saying your music is the best she’s ever heard? Use that!” Pinkie suggested.

Sparkler was about to say that was cliché, until her musical mind started working. Darn you Pinkie. You just got my musical mind working.

“I’ll see what I can do.” Sparkler said. “But first. Let’s get Kicker up to speed on Hearths Warming.”


Flappy knocked on the door of the castle. He had decided to go on ahead of Sparkler and Kicker so he could talk to Twilight about their plan for Sparkler’s Birthday. He glanced behind him to make sure Sparkler wasn’t approaching.

The door opened and revealed Twilight beaming. “Hi Spark—“ She stopped when she saw it wasn’t Sparkler, but Flappy. “Oh, it’s just you Flappy. Good morning.” She said.

Flappy immediately picked up on her less enthusiastic greeting and laughed as he flew into the Castle.

“Squawk! Wow. Not as excited to see me as you are to see Sparkler. Spike was right. You ARE in love with her. Squawk!” Flappy commented.

“Flappy! I am not—“ Twilight, remembering what Cadance suggested, stopped herself and took a deep breath. “Following with Cadance’s suggestion I will suspend all further definite denial until I know for absolute certain. Now I will neither deny nor confirm that I love her.” She said.

Flappy just laughed. “Squawk! Just don’t hurt her and you won’t have any problems with me. Squawk!” She said.

“Good to know.” Twilight said. “So what’re you doing here before Sparkler and Kicker?” She asked.

“Squawk! I came ahead of them to talk about Sparkler’s Bday plans. Squawk!” Flappy responded.

“Oh yeah. Right.” Twilight said. “Well, Pinkie’s baking that cake. And Rarity’s making that sweater. I sent a letter to Sparkler’s parents asking if they did anything special for her birthday. And I’m working on getting everything together for the song we’re gonna sing for her. Everything’s coming along smoothly.” She explained.

“Squawk! Great. Hopefully I can get Kicker away from Sparkler for a few moments so I can let him in on the plan. Squawk!” Flappy responded.

“Yeah...how is Kicker doing by the way?” Twilight asked.

“Squawk! He had a nightmare last night. A bad one. Squawk!” Flappy replied.

“About those two monsters?” Twilight asked.

“Squawk! That’s right. Squawk!” Flappy said. “Squawk! Thank Faust Luna’s around. According to Sparkler Luna shared their dreams so Sparkler could save him. Squawk!”

“That’s good. Though that can’t be a permanent solution.”

“Squawk! Precisely why Luna is talking to a friend of hers. Apparently she knows a Psychologist. Squawk!” Flappy said.

“Luna’s sending them here to help?” Twilight asked.

“Squawk! Let’s hope so. Those two featherbrains have haunted him for long enough. And Sparkler can’t keep sleeping with him every night. It’s gotta stop at some point. Squawk!”

“Yeah.” Twilight agreed.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door. Twilight grinned and opened the door to reveal Sparkler and Kicker. “Sparkler! Hi!” Twilight beamed.

While Flappy just giggled again at Twilight’s more enthusiastic attitude towards Sparkler. Sparkler smiled at her friend. “Morning Twilight. How are ya?” She asked.

“I’m good. Hey Kicker.” Twilight said to Kicker.

“Hi Miss Sparkle.” Kicker replied cheerfully.

“Just Twilight will do Kicker.” Twilight giggled as she let them in. “Glad you three are up for Ogres and Oubliettes with me Spike, Gabby and Starlight.”

“It’s a real fun game!”

“Squawk! I can’t wait to get Sparkler playing it! Squawk!”

Sparkler giggled. “I just need to make a character.” She said.

Twilight chuckled. “Me too. Say, maybe our characters could be partners.” She suggested.

“A dynamic duo, traveling the land together, joining up with Kicker, Spike, Gabby, and Flappy’s characters.” Twilight continued.

“Ooh. Maybe we can be like uh...oh, the Guardians of the land. I use the power of music while you’re the greatest, most powerful arch-mage to ever exist! Just like in real life.” Sparkler added.

Twilight blushed as she shook her head. “Star-Swirl The Bearded is the greatest arch-mage to ever exist. And the most powerful.” She said.

Sparkler didn’t think so. “Nope, Pinkie showed me the charts. Even as a unicorn you had him beat.” She said.

“...I can’t argue with charts.” Twilight admitted.

“It would still be true in my eyes.” Sparkler said.

Twilight looked away to hide her immense blush from Sparkler’s compliment. “Oh...Uhm...thanks Sparkler.”

Flappy and Kicker listened to the conversation. Flappy just giggled. Wow Sparkler. Smooth.


“So Sparkler and Twilight, as well as Kicker and Flappy are gonna join us for this session of Ogres and Oubliettes?” Gabby asked.

“That’s right!” Spike said. “And that’s actually a good thing because Sparkler’s gonna need to help Kicker role the dice and such.”

“Can’t wait for the new additions to the crew.” Gabby beamed.

Starlight giggled. “Hey, you know what would be funny?” She asked.

“What’s that Starlight?” Asked Gabby.

“If I was to manipulate events that would push for Sparkler’s and Twilight’s characters to get together. As in, fall in love with each other.” Starlight replied

Spike burst out laughing. “Ah hahaha! I love that idea!” He said.

“It is amusing, to say the least.” Gabby commented.

“Plus, it might help Twilight figure it out. Or push her in the right direction at least.” Starlight replied.

“Remind me again why you guys are rooting for them to be together?” Gabby asked.

“They have a lot of things in common.” Spike said. “Astronomy, reading, they both like learning. For Sparkler, Twilight is the first pony outside her family to truly accept her for her Alicorn wings.”

“And Twilight just can’t resist the mystery surrounding Sparkler.” Starlight added. “But it’s gone beyond that. I can tell she really enjoys Sparkler’s company. If her moving things around in her schedule SPECIFICALLY to cram in as much time with Sparkler as possible is any indication.”

“And Twilight doesn’t realize what she’s been doing?” Gabby asked.

“She’s been completely clueless.” Spike said. “Faust I hope Cadance helps her. It’s honestly getting painful to watch.”

“Why do you think I’m getting the idea to manipulate things to get their characters together? It’s a long shot but maybe, just MAYBE, it might either push Sparkler to accidentally reveal her feelings for Twilight, or get Twilight to realize that she DOES have a crush on Sparkler. Honestly I’ll take anything at this point.” Starlight said.

“Why doesn’t Sparkler just tell her how she feels?” Gabby asked.

“Oh maybe she would’ve by now if she wasn’t occupied with Kicker.” Spike said. “Plus, she’s intimidated by Twilight’s title. Though Twilight has said she doesn’t like being treated as a Princess.”

At that moment, the doors opened and everypony saw Twilight, Sparkler, Kicker and Flappy enter.

“Hey guys!” Gabby said cheerfully, waving.

“Gabby! Hi!” Kicker replied, waving back best he could.

“I’m glad you and Flappy are able to play with us today. Oh, and Sparkler too...hold on we’ve never actually properly met!” Gabby realized.

Sparkler’s eyes widened as she came to the same realization. “That’s right I’ve only heard about you. You are Gabby the Griffon right?” She asked.

Gabby extended her claw out to Sparkler. “That’s me. It’s nice to finally meetcha Sparkler.” She said.

“Likewise.” Sparkler replied as she shook Gabby’s claw.

“So Sparkler. Are you and Twilight ready to enter the world of WarQuestria?” Starlight asked.

“If you mean the world you guys created in this Ogres and Oubliettes game. Than sure.” Sparkler replied.

“In fact, Sparkler and I already have some idea of our characters. We’re gonna be a duo traveling the land as it’s Alicorn Guardians. Sparkler will harness the power of music.”

“And Twilight will be the greatest and most powerful arch mage to ever exist.” Sparkler added.

That got Starlight laughing. “Careful not to let Trixie hear that.” She commented. And the duo thing, this just got easier. She added in her mind. “Right. Let’s do this!”

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Strap in, because the next couple episodes or so are gonna be shipping Galore.

Also, I wonder if anypony's EVER gotten a restraining order against Pinkie before.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next