• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,922 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,922

Chapters Next
Episode 1: Flying Free

Four streaks soared through the sky above Ponyville, weaving through clouds and crisscrossing each other. One of these streaks was tailing a hot pink pony that not only possessed wings, but also a horn. Sparkling Medley smiled as she glanced over to her wing pony, Rainbow, who smiled back at her, chuckled, and picked up speed. Sparkler laughed as she followed suit. They weaved in and out of a cloud that they had come up on. They circled, penetrated, and shot out of the cloud multiple times before coming in for a hover next to each other, looking at the cloud. Rainbow laughed and patted Sparkler on the back. “You really have a handle on your Pegasus Magic don’t you Sparks.”

Sparkler nodded. The cloud they had been flying around now resembled a pony. “Yeah. This isn’t the first cloud sculpture I’ve made admittedly.”

Rainbow nodded. “I still can’t believe how good a flyer you are! Who taught you how to fly?”

“Squawk! I'll take credit for that. Squawk!” Rainbow and Sparkler turned to see Flappy and Mina join them.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “Wait, a PARROT taught you how to fly?”

Flappy raised an eyebrow. “Squawk! What’s that supposed to mean? Squawk!”

Rainbow raised her hooves in defense. “Hey, nothing wrong with that, I just never heard of a bird teaching a Pegasus how to fly?”

Sparkler chuckled. “Well my parents couldn’t teach me. We couldn’t find an available flight instructor, so I was left basically flightless for six years. That is, until Flappy crashed into me.”

Flappy nodded. “Squawk! It was rough at first, since she started later than most winged creatures. But with time and a daily practice schedule, I got her flying in no time.”

Rainbow smiled. “Shame you didn’t live in Cloudsdale. Junior Flight Academy would’ve been amazing for you. But it’s nice you had a teacher.”

Sparkler nodded. “The best.”

Mina turned to Flappy and crowed. “Aww. It’s nice that you taught your owner how to fly.”

Flappy nodded. “Squawk! She fixed me up and took me in. No way was I gonna let her wings wither away. Squawk.”

Suddenly, Sparkler felt a tingle on her horn. She smiled. It was a Horn Pulse, from Rarity

Rarity: excuse me Sparkler, but your new wardrobe is ready for pickup. Feel free to come by whenever you’re ready.

Sparkler chuckled. “Welp, just got word from Rarity that my new wardrobe is ready.”

Rainbow chuckled. “Let me guess. She wants you to come in for a fitting.”

Sparkler nodded. “When I’m ready.”

Rainbow chuckled. “Well don’t stay on my account. If you want to go get your new sweaters now just go.”

Sparkler chuckled. “I had a lot of fun flying with you Dash.”

Rainbow nodded. “Right back atcha, it’s so nice to finally have a flying partner that wants to do some REAL flying. Fluttershy would rather go at the speed of smell and Twilight would rather read all day. ‘Course you know all about that one.”

Sparkler groaned as Rainbow laughed. “You aren’t gonna stop teasing me about my crush on Twilight are you. And wait, what about Soarin?”

Rainbow chuckled. “Nope, I’m not. And Soarin’s second in command of the Wonderbolts. He has paperwork to do.”

Sparkler giggled. “Fair enough. Alright, I’m gonna head to the boutique, you and Mina coming Flappy?”

Flappy shook his head. “Squawk! Nah, Imma take Mina and introduce her to my friends at Fluttershy’s before she has to rocket back to Canterlot. Have fun modeling. Squawk!” He chuckled.

Sparkler chuckled. “Right. Later Flaps.”

Rainbow nodded. “Let’s fly again sometime.”

Sparkler nodded. “You know it Dash.” With that, she took off.

She descended below the clouds and Ponyville came into view. She smiled as she looked down at the ponies in the streets. To think, just a few short days ago, I was hiding my wings from everypony because of my fear of the past. She smiled at the thought. In reality it had been a few days since the Ponyville Music Festival, but to her it already felt like years. When Sparkler moved to Ponyville, she had opted to hide her wings under sweaters, hoping that so long as she pretended to be a unicorn, she wouldn’t be an outcast. All that changed when she met Twilight and her friends. Twilight. She giggled when she thought of Twilight. Until she lay eyes on Twilight, she had believed herself to be the only Alicorn on the planet. Heck, she only knew as much about Alicorns as she did because of Twilight through their regular study sessions, including the NAME. She owed much more to Twilight than helping her learn about her own kind, she honestly did not think she would be here now without her. I owe her so much. I really should do something nice for her as a thank you. She nodded as she came in for a landing outside the Boutique. Hm. I wonder if there’s a new book I could get her...or maybe I could write her a new song... She smiled at that as she opened the door to the boutique, hearing that familiar bell.

“Just a minute!” Shouted Rarity. Sparkler nodded, and decided to look around while she waited. Her eyes fell on the dresses on display, and noticed that they were mostly winter themed. She chuckled to herself. I wonder if she’s designed my new sweaters with the same mentality.

At that moment, Rarity trotted into the main store, giving her usual greeting. “Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique, and magnifique.” She glanced around the store until she saw Sparkler, making her smile with glee. “Oh! Sparkler! You’re here. Fantastic!”

Sparkler giggled as she turned to face Rarity. “Hey Rarity. How’re you doing today?”

“I’m doing wonderful darling.” Rarity replied. “And today. I at last fix a terrible crime that has been committed in the fashion world!”

Sparkler chuckled, knowing full well what Rarity meant. “Hey now. I got those sweaters in Saddle Arabia. Do you know how hard it is to find sweaters in a desert?”

Rarity chuckled. “I understand darling. The problem wasn’t the sweater itself.” She rushed to Sparkler’s side and spread out one of her wings. “But rather that these majestic wings couldn’t breath in there. Honestly, I do understand why you wanted to hide them, but do you realize that these wings were just begging to be shown off? The gradient colors are simply divine!”

Sparkler chuckled. “Let me guess. Gradient colors aren’t a common thing with wings.”

Rarity nodded. “The only other pony I’ve seen with gradient colors on their wings is Princess Cadance herself, but your wings are FAR more majestic.”

Sparkler chuckled. “You really think that?”

Rarity nodded without hesitation. “I never lie about this kind of thing Sparkler. Your wings are beautiful and they simply won’t do all stuffed up in sweaters.” She lit her horn and a sketch pad appeared before Sparkler, flipping open to a certain page, that had a sketch of a sweater with holes on the sides.. “To that end. I’ve designed each piece of your new wardrobe with wing holes so that your wings can feel the air flow through them just as they should.” She closed the sketch pad and dragged Sparkler over to the closed off stage. “I give you...” Rarity grabbed a rope and yanked it down, opening the curtain. “The Sparkling Harmony collection!”

Sparkler saw the sweaters behind the curtain on ponnequins, and she was blown away. She wasn’t much of an expert in fashion, but it was clear each sweater was made to compliment her colors. Particularly the gradient blue on her wings.

Rarity saw the expression on Sparkler’s face and smiled. “Ah. blown away by my genius are we?”

Sparkler nodded as she walked onto the stage to get a closer look. “You could say that. I didn’t think there was much you could do when making sweaters besides poke a few holes for my wings. But...wow, you managed to take my style and enhance it.”

Rarity giggled. “Fashion is my forte darling. Give me an idea of what you’re looking for, and I’ll make it fit for the pony it’s for. Try one one.”

Sparkler nodded and glanced at the sweaters. Once she found one she wanted to wear, she lit her horn and the sweater poofed off the ponnequin, and onto her body. She felt the sweater hug her body, and she realized she had missed that feeling. “Cozy. How do I look?”

Rarity giggled. “Simply divine darling. Although...” Rarity pointed to her side.

Sparkler raised an eyebrow, craned her neck, looked at her side, and saw that her wings had gotten stuffed inside the sweater. She blushed as she embarrassingly lit her horn. “Oh. Hehe.” The sweater disappeared, she spread her wings out, and the sweater popped back into place, with wings sticking out of the wing holes this time. “Hehe. I’ve been stuffing my wings into sweaters for so long...guess I have a habit to break.”

Rarity giggled. “You’ll break it darling. Of that I have no doubt. For now. You look STUNNING! No longer are you Sparkler the Unicorn in hiding. Now you are Sparkler the proud Alicorn, as worthy of her wings as others of her kind. Oh Twilight is going to love you like this!”

Sparkler blushed when Rarity said that. “Y-you think so?”

Rarity nodded. “Of course. Not going to lie darling, but seeing you without a sweater...it just didn’t feel right.”

Sparkler laughed. “Oh believe me Rares. I know. I’ve been going into my closet to grab a sweater every day, and then I have to remember that you confiscated all of my sweaters because they were wronging my wings.”

Rarity laughed. “They were. And you had no more need of them now that you are out of the closet. No. After that performance you needed sweaters that displayed your wings, not hid them. And I dare say I’ve outdone myself.”

Sparkler nodded as she looked around at the sweaters still on ponnequins. “I agree. Thank you so much Rarity.”

Rarity nodded. “Of course darling. And before you ask. It’s on the house.”

Sparkler frowned and shook her head. “Rarity, making Flappy’s wonderbolt costume was one thing. But all these had to have taken you hours. Juxtaposed to ten minutes. No, I’ll pay this time.”

Rarity shook her head. “No darling. I insist.”

Sparkler shook her head. “I can’t accept that this time. How much?”

“Darling. Please, for both our sakes and the sake of avoiding a needless argument, just take them. This was always supposed to be my welcome to Ponyville and our circle of friends gift to you. However late it is due to...unexpected hesitance.”

Sparkler sighed. “Fine. But next time you aren’t allowed to reject payment.”

Rarity nodded. “Deal.” She lit her horn and a pair of shopping bags appeared. “I’ll pack these up and have them ready in a jiffy.” Rarity walked over to the stage with the bags.

At that moment, Sparkler felt a tingle in her horn. Signifying an incoming message.

Twilight: Hey Sparkler? Could you come to the castle right now please? The press came looking for you, and they won’t leave until you answer a few questions.”

Sparkler sighed. She had been expecting that. Once she realized that Alicorns were considered royalty in Equestria, she had been expecting, and sort of dreading, the arrival of the press once she came out. She shook her head. The sooner you do it the sooner it’ll be over. She nodded and got up to leave. “Hey Rarity?”

Rarity turned her head back to Sparkler. “Yes Sparkler?”

Sparkler gestured to the door. “Seems the Press has finally arrived to interview me. Can I come back and pick up my sweaters later after I’ve gotten them all off Twilight’s back?”

Rarity nodded. “Of course darling. I’ll just keep them in the back room until you return. Go on. Be Twilight’s knight in cozy wool.”

Sparkler chuckled. “Right. Thanks Rares, I’ll see you later.”

Rarity nodded. “See you soon.”

Sparkler nodded and left.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

That's right. Sparkler and the gang are back for all new adventures! Let mew know your thoughts, predictions, and what you want to see this season down in the comments!

Also, I imagine the beginning kinda mirroring the opening to Planes, hence Nothing Can Stop Me Now. It just felt like the right way to kick off this new season.

PS. I may add to this chapter depending on how long I can make the press thing plus a certain character's introduction. If it goes long enough that'll be chapter two so keep an eye on the comments section for updates regarding that.

THX FOR READING!!!!

Chapters Next