• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 47: Aww Nuts!

A tan mare with a blue and pink mane and tail dropped a small bag of candy on the counter. “There ya go!” She said. “A batch of Bon Bons. Fresh from the oven.”

The customer smiled and took the bag in his magic. He nodded towards the mare. “Thanks Bon-Bon. My son loves these.” He commented.

“Doesn’t everypony?” Bon-Bon chuckled. “Hope your son enjoys them as always.”

“I’m sure he will.” The customer dropped a few bits onto the counter to pay for the candy. “See you around Bon.” He said as he left, winking at her as he did so.

“I’m already taken Silver-Trot.” Bon-Bon called out. She couldn’t help but chuckle. “Hopefully the wedding will finally get him to stop.” She mused.

“What about the wedding Bonnie?” Bon-Bon heard another mare say. She glanced beside her and saw the mare that she was head over hooves for standing next to her, the mare that she was set to marry very soon, the mare that made her smile even when she didn’t want to.

“Oh, Silver-Trot was just up to his usual antics. Hopefully he’ll stop when we finally tie the knot, Lyra.” Bon-Bon replied.

“Eh.” Lyra said. “I don’t mind ponies hitting on my favorite mare. Just means they have great taste.” She commented.

Bon-Bon giggled and leaned in to kiss Lyra on her cheek. “Maybe you’re ok with it, but I’m not. Compliments are one thing, but ponies like Silver-Trot are crossing the line. He knows we’re together and yet he insists on flirting with me. It’s honestly getting tempting to just knock his lights out.” She admitted.

Lyra just chuckled and nuzzled her fiancé. “Eh, I’m sure he’ll stop when we get married.”

At that moment. They heard the door open, and they turned their heads to see a trio of ponies walk in.

Lyra smiled when she recognized the small colt. “Hey! Thunder Kicker!” She exclaimed, swiftly moving out from behind the counter.

Kicker heard his name called and noticed a mare come out from the counter. One of the many ponies he met the previous day during his mother’s birthday party. “Hi Ms. Lyra.” He replied with a wave.

“Hiya Kicker.” Bon-Bon said, waving at the colt. She glanced up to the two older ponies. “Are you two with him?” She asked Aurora and Thundercracker.

“Yeah.” Aurora replied. “I’m his grandmother Aurora.”

“And I’m the grandfather. Thundercracker.” Thundercracker introduced himself.

“Lyra.” Lyra responded.

“Bon-Bon. Nice to meetcha.” Bon-Bon-Bon said.

“Likewise.” Aurora replied.

Lyra nodded and glanced around. “So, where’s your mom Kick?” Lyra asked.

“Mom and Mommy Twi had to go on a trip.” Kicker replied.

“They were called by the Cutie Map for something called a Friendship Mission.” Aurora explained.

“Leaving us to watch over our grandson.” Thundercracker added.

“Wait, they? Mommy Twi?” Bon-Bon asked. Catching what Kicker and Aurora just said. She, like everypony in town, heard that Sparkler had adopted Kicker, quite literally as Kicker practically screamed it to the world. But she had heard that only Sparkler had adopted him, although she also heard Sparkler had gotten together with Twilight…

Did Twilight get herself down as Kicker’s second…oh… It clicked with her as she realized what had happened. Twilight must’ve volunteered to be Kicker’s other mom on the spot. “Kicker, are you saying Twilight is your mom too?” She asked.

“Yeah!” Kicker replied. “Twilight is my mom too!” He declared happily.

Lyra and Bon-Bon glanced at each other and smiled. “Two Alicorns for mothers.” Lyra said.

“That’s quite the step up from an orphanage.” Bon-Bon commented.

“Yeah…orphanage…” Kicker replied. Deciding to not go into what REALLY happened to make him an orphan.

Bon-Bon nodded and decided to change the subject. “So. You guys are here for candy? You’ve come to the right place.” She said, gesturing around the store. “I’ve got candy of all different kinds brought in from all around Equestria. As well as some homemade candy made by yours truly. Feel free to take a look around.” She said.

Kicker didn’t need to be told twice as he started scurrying around the store, marveling at all the different candies on display. Eventually, he came across round chocolate covered candy on display. He took a particular interest in it. “Ooh. What’s that candy?” He asked.

Bon-Bon saw what he was looking at and a huge grin dominated her muzzle. “That is my pride and glory. The best candy I’ve ever made. I call them Bon Bons. Go on and try one.” She gestured to the candy with a smile.

Kicker didn’t need to be told twice as Thundercracker took a Bon Bon in his magic and levitated it down to Kicker. Kicker took it in his hooves. “Thanks Ms. Bon-Bon.” He said cheerfully.

What happened next was instant. Kicker took a small bite out of the Bon Bon, and he immediately felt something wrong as his throat clogged up. He started gagging and he touched his throat with his hooves, which scared the heck out of everypony else.

“Kicker?!” Aurora exclaimed. “Honey what’s wrong?”

Lyra sat there watching him for a few seconds, before realizing what was happening with a gasp. Kicker had started choking the instant he bit into the Bon Bon, and it wasn’t a big enough bite to clog up a throat on it’s own, leaving only one other possibility. Wasting no time, she lit her horn.

“Kicker, hold still. And somepony get that Bon Bon away from him!” She ordered.

Thundercracker took the Bon Bon away from Kicker as Lyra encased him in her magic. As carefully and gently as possible, she magically opened his mouth and promptly extracted the bit of the Bon Bon that was already in his mouth. Once the offending candy was out of his mouth, Lyra aimed her horn at Kicker and fired a magical bolt at him, the bolt entered his mouth and there was a flash of light.

While Lyra nodded and released Kicker, Kicker gasped for air as he felt his throat cleared up. He coughed a few times and let the air flow.

“Kicker. You ok there bud?” Aurora asked, terrified.

Kicker nodded as he took in big breaths. “What happened?” He asked, the last few seconds were a blur to him.

“What happened is called an allergic reaction Kicker.” Lyra explained. “It’s something that happens when your body encounters something it doesn’t like.”


On the train heading to Griffonstone, Sparkler suddenly tensed up and her breathing hitched in her throat.

Twilight noticed this happening and raised an eyebrow. “Sparkler? Something wrong?” She asked, concerned.

“I…I don’t know.” Sparkler replied. “I just…got the sense that something wasn’t right…like something bad just happened.”


“Are you saying he’s allergic to Bon Bons?” Thundercracker asked.

“Not them specifically.” Lyra replied. “There’s only one ingredient in Bon Bons that somepony can be allergic to.”

“Peanuts.” Bon-Bon chimed in. “He must have some kind of peanut allergy.”

“So…my body doesn’t like peanuts?” Kicker asked. He admittedly didn’t fully understand what was going on but that much he was gathering.

“Afraid so Kick.” Thundercracker replied somberly.

Kicker’s thoughts went back to the Bon Bon he nearly choked on. “S-Sorry.” He apologized.

“What? Kicker, no.” Aurora wrapped her forelegs around her grandson. “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Being allergic is something out of your control.” Bon-Bon explained. “It ain’t your fault kid. So don’t worry about it.” She assured him.

“O-ok.” Kicker responded. Feeling a little better.

“Is there any candy you know you can have?” Bon-Bon asked. “I’d hate for this candy run to be a waste.”

“Do you have P&Ps?” Kicker asked. “I’ve had them before with no problems.”

“Coming right up.” Bon-Bon dove down behind the counter, and popped back up a second later with a bag of P&Ps. “Here we go. A bag of P&Ps…on the house.” She said.

“Oh, you don’t have to do that.” Aurora said.

“Store policy, usually we always check for allergies so that we can avoid what just happened, but we didn’t this time.” Bon-Bon explained.

“So as a sort of apology, affected customers are entitled to one product free of charge.” Lyra said.

“Huh. That’s an…interesting policy.” Thundercracker commented.

“Yeah we know.” Lyra replied with a chuckle.

“But I think it’s a fair policy.” Bon-Bon said.

“Can’t argue with that.” Kicker commented. Bon-Bon dropped the bag of P&Ps down to Kicker, who caught it in his mouth. “Thank you Ms. Bon-Bon.” He said.

“Your welcome bud.” Bon-Bon replied. She turned her attention back to Aurora and Thundercracker. “I’d let Sparkler and Twilight know about this as soon as possible, and they should get him in to see a doctor to find out what other allergies he might have.” She suggested.

“Will do.” Aurora replied.

“And…Lyra was it? Thanks for what you did back there. That was something.” Thundercracker told Lyra.

Lyra waved her hoof dismissively. “It was nothing really. I’m just glad the reaction wasn’t worse than it was.”

Aurora nodded. “Yeah. What do you say Kicker?” She asked him.

Kicker made an O with his mouth in realization that he had yet to do something. “Oh, right. Thank you Ms. Lyra.” He said.

“Stay safe Kicker.” Lyra responded.

After saying goodbye, the Medley family left. Bon-Bon and Lyra both glanced at each other. “The first ever PRINCE of Equestria nearly choked on candy in this store.”

“We don’t need to worry about Twilight and Sparkler bringing down the Royal hammer on us do we?”


“Squawk! The kid has a peanut allergy. Squawk!” Flappy said.

“Apparently so.” Aurora replied as she, Thundercracker, Kicker, Flappy and Maddy approached the school of friendship.

Flappy nodded, before failing to stifle his snickering. Kicker heard it and raised an eyebrow. “What’s so funny Flappy?” He asked.

Flappy shook his head. “Squawk! I don’t know. I just find it amusing that a peanut allergy would make itself known after everything you’ve been through. Squawk!” He said. “Squawk! Frankly, I’m amazed it had never come up before. I guess we’re lucky those two crooks never fed you any peanuts. Squawk!” He stated.

“Yeah…” Kicker replied. Shivering as he realized that his previous “caregivers” would not have cared less if he had an allergic reaction.

Maddy noticed her owner’s shiver, and nuzzled him comfortingly. Kicker relaxed again at that. “You’re awesome Maddy.” He said.

They entered the school where Twilight said the concert was. Almost immediately, they saw Spike in the hallway. Kicker smiled and waved at the young dragon. “Hey Spike!” He said.

Spike glanced up from the newspaper he was reading and saw Kicker and his family incoming. He smiled and waved back. “Yo Kicker! How’s it going?” He asked.

“It’s going good.” Kicker replied.

Spike nodded and turned to the rest of the newcomers. “So how’s grandparent grandson bonding time?” He asked Thundercracker and Aurora.

“Eventful.” Aurora said simply.

“And hopefully we’ll go the rest of this week without any incidents.” Thundercracker added.

“Incidents?” Spike asked. “What happened?”

“Squawk! Just a little first contact with a peanut allergy. How bout we move beyond this topic. Squawk!” Flappy said.

“Ok.” Spike replied, admittedly confused. “So. You guys headed for the concert?” He asked.

“Yeah!” Kicker said. “Mommy Twi said some of the students here where putting it on for the kids.”

“That’s right.” Spike replied, gesturing down the hall. “Come on. I’ll take you guys to it.” He said.

“Squawk! Let’s go! Squawk!” Spike declared.

Everypony nodded and followed Spike down the hall. After a moment, Kicker broke the silence. “Hey Spike?” He asked. “I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”

“What is it Kick?” Spike asked.

“Mommy Twi hatched you from an egg right? And has taken care of you ever since?” Kicker asked.

“That’s right.” Spike replied proudly. “She’s the mother I never knew.” He stated.

“So you think of her as your mom. Would that make you my brother since I’m Mommy Twi’s son now?” Kicker asked excitedly.

Spike went to answer, before he hesitated, not because he wasn’t sure, but because he had never thought about that before. “…Huh. I never thought about that before.” He said. “But now that I AM thinking about it. Yeah! That WOULD make us brothers!” He declared, matching Kicker’s excitement.

A huge smile burst on Kicker’s face at Spike’s answer. “Yay! I have a brother!” He exclaimed as he suddenly rushed forward and hugged Spike.

As Spike hugged Kicker back, Aurora and Thundercracker smiled warmly. “Aww.” Aurora said. “That’s so adorable!”

“It is rather cute isn’t it.” Thundercracker responded.

Flappy watched the two newly declared brothers hug it out and smiled warmly. ”Oh thank Faust we don’t only have bad news to report to Sparkler and Twilight now! Squawk! He inwardly sighed in relief. Glad that they now had a way to sedate Sparkler and keep her from exploding on them when she inevitably found out about the Bon Bon incident.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Not much to say about this one. Life delayed this episode's release. I'm going with the Mother-son relationship for Twilight and Spike for the Sparkling Harmony Universe.

And that's it for this episode of Sparkling Harmony.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next