• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 71: Reliving the Past, With a Twist

“We’re moving?” Asked all six sextuplets. It was a bright winter morning in Ponyville and Sparkler and Twilight had just told their kids the news over breakfast.

“We might be.” Sparkler corrected them. “Nothing’s set in stone yet but your mother and I talked last night and we think it’s time for all of us to be under one roof.” She explained.

“It all depends on how my meeting with town hall today goes.” Twilight explained.

Their six kids glanced at each other. “Why would you need to meet with town hall for us to move?” Trail asked.

Sparkler took a deep breath. “Because we’re looking to combine this house with the castle.” She explained. Twilight lit her horn and summoned a drawing of what it would look like for their foals to see.

“Ideally the house would become the base of the castle, and would lead to the rest of it.” Twilight explained.

The foals marveled at the image. “Whoa.” Lightning said.

“So cool!” Lumber exclaimed.

“Does this mean we’re getting our own rooms?” Sky asked.

“Whatever ends up happening, yes. You’ll all get your own rooms.” Sparkler responded.

“Nice!” Crystal exclaimed. “It’s not fair that Melody and our brothers got to sleep on a bed.” She pouted.

“Yeah…mommy Twi and I forgot about a few things during the process of adopting you. We’ll admit that.” Sparkler replied.

“We were just excited about you joining our family.” Twilight said. “Then everything happened so quickly.”

Sky giggled. “Cousin Flurry is fun to be around.” She commented.

“That she is.” Twilight replied. She nodded. “Right, I gotta get to town hall. This could take a while.” She went around the table and kissed all six foals and Sparkler on the tip of their horns. “I’ll be back later with hopefully a result. Have fun today you guys. Kids be good for your mother. She may be small but she’s still in charge.” Twilight told the sextuplets.

“Aren’t we always good?” Lumber asked, causing his siblings to laugh.

Twilight chuckled. “See you guys later.” With that, she opened the door and exited the house. Outside, she saw Flash Sentry approaching the house.

“Morning Twilight.” He said smiling.

“Morning Flash. I'm heading out to run a few errands. Keep an eye on Sparkler and the kids will ya?” She asked.

Flash smiled and saluted. “Roger that Twilight. Got guards posted at strategic locations around this street, round the clock patrols, we’ll keep them safe.” He said.

“Thanks Flash, see you later.” Twilight said as she walked past him. Why do I get the feeling the guards won’t be of any help if somepony decides to try something? Twilight thought. She thought back to all the other times they failed to help. She shivered. “Hopefully when word spreads that Sparkler moved to the castle, those crooks will think twice before trying something.” She said to herself as she continued on.

Back at the house, Sparkler turned to her six kids. “Ok. So, while Mommy Twi’s doing that. What do you guys want—“ At that moment, she felt her horn tingling, not like a Horn Pulse, but a different kind of tingle, a tingle that signaled an incoming long Distance Scrying spell. “I’ll be right back guys.”

“What’s up mom?” Trail asked.

“Somepony’s Long Distance Scrying me. I shouldn’t be too long.” Sparkler explained as she galloped down into the basement, and lit her horn. A magical mist formed around her, and some of the smoke formed into Princess Celestia, and a pony she didn’t recognize.

“Princess Celestia.” Sparkler addressed the monarch. “Good morning.”

“Good morning Sparkler. I hope we are not interrupting anything.” Celestia responded.

“You weren’t interrupting anything that couldn’t wait. To what do I owe the pleasure?” Sparkler asked.

“Is Twilight around? I believe she would like to join.” Celestia said.

“She’s out running errands. If you wanted to tell her something I can relay the message.” Sparkler said.

“That is alright Sparkler. Only one of you was needed for this. I have paid a visit to Family Services to sort out the legal issues revolving around Melody’s siblings.” She gestured to the Pony next to her. “This is Bob Foaly, director of Family Services.” She explained.

“A pleasure to meet you Ms. Medley.” Mr. Foaly said.

Sparkler’s eyes widened when she realized something about herself. “N-Nice to meet you too Mr. Foaly, uh, please excuse my…appearance.” She said, now conscious of the fact that she was still small.

“Don’t worry. The princess explained your current condition. Quite an eventful Hearth's Warming I hear.” Mr. Foaly said.

“That would be putting it mildly.” Sparkler responded. “Anyway, was there something you needed from me?” She asked.

“Princess Celestia has requested that we forego the investigation into Melody Sparklehearts’ siblings.” Mr: Foaly explained. “While we can get onboard with how they were brought into existence. That doesn’t erase the fact that since they are her blood kin, in accordance with our policies they are considered to be orphans until they are formally adopted.” He informed Sparkler.

Sparkler’s blood ran cold. “Princess Twilight and I are up to the challenge of raising all six of them!” She blurted out when she realized Family Services could very well take Melody’s siblings away.

Celestia and Mr. Foaly chuckled upon her outburst. Mr. Foaly nodded. “Don’t worry ma’am. The princess vouched for you and Princess Twilight. We’ll get the proper paperwork drawn up and mailed so you may file it with your town hall. We just need to ask a few general questions. The usual business.” Mr. Foaly assured her. “And figure out how to explain why no orphanage remembers them. If what I’m told about their…knowledge…is accurate.” He said.

Sparkler nodded. Mr. Foaly had a point. Ponies would surely question what orphanage she and Twilight got Melody’s siblings from. “Kilihima’s town hall is terrible at keeping records.” Sparkler responded. “They lose them on a very regular basis. We can say that the orphanage burned down and the records were lost.” She said.

Princess Celestia nodded in agreement. “That is an acceptable explanation.” She said.

“Agreed.” Mr. Foaly responded as he wrote something on the clipboard he had been holding the whole time. “Alright. Now for the general questions. Can you financially support six foals?” He asked.

Sparkler answered yes. And proceeded to answer the rest of Mr. Foaly’s questions. As she answered each question, she relaxed a little more. Finally, all the questions were asked and Mr. Foaly finished his notes on his clipboard. “Alright. That should do it. You’ll receive the paperwork to file with your town hall by next week.” He informed Sparkler.

“That would be great Mr. Foaly. Thank you.” Sparkler responded. She turned to Princess Celestia. “And thank you, Your Majesty.”

“My pleasure Sparkler. You need not incur additional stress when you deserve to relax. I hope you have a good day with your foals.” Celestia responded.

With that, the spell ended and the mist disappeared. Sparkler let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. Oh thank Celestia. She thought as she went back upstairs. Twilight was gonna crap a brick when she told her about this.

Back upstairs, the foals were busy chasing around Maddy, who was barking happily. Sparkler saw this when she re-entered the living room. And smiled. “So freaking cute!” She said. She then cleared her throat. “Alright! I’m back!” She called out.

The foals all stopped what they were doing and turned to see their foal sized mother had returned. “What was that about mom?” Lumber asked.

“Nothing you need to worry about.” Sparkler said. “Now, what do you guys want to—“ She was interrupted again when she felt her horn tingle again. This time from a Horn Pulse Message.

River: Hey Sparkler, it’s River. Pearl was wondering if Kicker would like to hang out with her and Lucky at your house today. Is that alright?

Sparkler momentarily smiled. Pearl she remembered from a few weeks ago the day before her birthday. And Lucky Star she met at Melody’s cuteceniera. She lit her horn to say that yes they could come over, before remembering a couple of crucial details.

Sparkler: Yes. That’s fine. But before they come over, tell them that there were a few changes around here and Kicker now has five siblings that believe they’ve always been around. So make sure they know to act like that’s true.

Sparkler gave a brief explanation as to what happened, leaving out that Kicker was now Melody. She wasn’t so worried about anypony finding out about that on the spot. Once River confirmed that she would let Pearl and Lucky know. Sparkler nodded and dimmed her horn. “Looks like Pearl and Lucky want to hang out with you guys. That alright?” She asked.

“Yeah!” Most of her foals responded. They were clearly excited to see their friends. Melody however wasn’t so sure.

“Uhm…” Melody gulped.

Sparkler noticed Melody’s change in mood and smiled. “Hey. It’s ok. If they’re your true friends they won’t care who you are now. You’re still the same on the inside.” She assured her.

“Yeah.” Melody said. “You’re right. It’s just…you can’t blame me for being nervous right?” She asked.

“Of course not sis.” Sky responded. “You were once an earth pony colt before Flurry sneezed you into an Alicorn filly. That’s a big change.”

“Yeah!” Trail said. “It’s ok to feel nervous.”

Melody nodded. “Right. Thanks guys.”

Melody’s siblings all wrapped around her for a group hug. Sparkler smiled again. Yep. Melody having siblings at all is worth any amount of hassle with Family Services. she thought.


At town hall, Mayor mare stamped a piece of paper and slid it across the desk to Twilight with a smile. “Here you go Twilight. Approval to go ahead with this house merger.” She said.

Twilight smiled as she picked up the paper and tucked it into her saddle bag. “Thank you madame mayor.”

“I will admit I’m genuinely curious what the final result will look like.” Mayor Mare commented.

“It’ll definitely be interesting. That’s for sure.” Twilight responded. At that moment, a thought occurred to her “Are the archives open at the moment?” She asked.

“Yes they are.” Mayor Mare responded.

“Good.” Twilight said. Mayor Mare led Twilight to the archives, where she went searching for a very important document. The birth Certificate of Thunder Kicker. After a moment of searching in the K labeled drawers, she found what she was looking for.

Twilight smiled as she looked at the certificate. A reminder of how hers and Sparkler’s family started. Her mind raced as she thought of how it might be a good idea to have a new birth certificate made for Melody. Along those lines she realized that Melody’s siblings didn’t have birth certificates at all. Deciding what to do, Twilight glanced back at Mayor Mare. “Who’s in charge of issuing birth certificates?” She asked.


Back at Sparkler’s house, Pearl and Lucky stood there in utter confusion. As soon as they had stepped into Pony Street, they immediately noticed guards posted at certain points. When they got to house 453, which was the home of their friend, they noticed a guard posted at the front door.

“Do you notice anything strange Pearl?” Lucky asked.

“You mean the guards? Yeah. I noticed.” Pearl responded. “What I DON’T get is why all these guards are here. Ms. Sparkler has made it clear that she doesn’t want any guards.”

They approached the house, and caught the attention of the guard at the door. He glanced their way. “Hold it. Who are you and why are you here?” He asked.

The fillies stopped where they were. “I’m Pearl and this is Lucky. We’re here to hang out with Thunder Kicker.” Pearl said. “And also his…siblings.” She hesitated at that. She knew what her mother told her and Lucky, but she had a hard time actually believing it.

The guard at the door nodded. “Alright. Proceed.” He said.

Pearl and Lucky smiled as they trotted past the guard and Pearl knocked on the front door. After a moment, the door opened and revealed something that had Lucky and Pearl absolutely floored.

“Oh. Hi there girls. How’s it going?” Asked what was undoubtedly Ms. Sparkler, but she was now no bigger than them.

“Ms. Sparkler?” Lucky asked.

“Is that you?” Asked Pearl.

Sparkler sighed and nodded. “Yes. It’s me. The kids are all outside in the backyard building forts for a snowball fight. I’ll take you out to the back, but before that. There’s something I need to talk to you two about. Just so you’re prepared.” She said.

Pearl and Lucky followed Sparkler into the living room. “Mom told us that there were some changes around here? That Kicker now has 5 siblings?” Pearl asked.

“Which is great by the way. But…what happened?” Lucky asked.

“Let’s just say a sneeze is more magical than one would think.” Sparkler replied. “Without boring you with all the details. Kicker now has two Alicorn sisters and three Alicorn brothers. Who all believe they’ve been here all along so I would really appreciate it if you pretended like that was really the case.” She said.

“Sure thing Ms. Sparkler.” Pearl responded. “Did this Magical Sneeze change you into a filly too?” She asked.

“It did. But this isn’t about me.” Sparkler responded. “There’s one more thing I need to tell you. Kicker…isn’t Kicker anymore.” She said.

Pearl and Lucky both raised an eyebrow. “Ok…?” They said.

“Over Hearths Warming, Kicker went through a gender and species change due to that magical sneeze. Now SHE is an Alicorn filly going by Melody Sparklehearts.” Sparkler said.

Pearl’s and Lucky’s jaws dropped. “No, way!” Pearl exclaimed.

“He’s a she and she’s an Alicorn now?” Lucky asked.

“Yes.” Sparkler said. “But she still has all her memories. She’s still the same foal you met. Just…outwardly different.” She said.

Pearl and Lucky blinked several times, before smiling. “Ok.” Lucky said.

“If she’s still the same on the inside then who cares what she looks like?” Pearl asked.

Sparkler blinked. “Y-you really are cool with this? You don’t have any questions or anything?” She asked.

“Who are her siblings?” Lucky asked.

“The red one is Lumber Striker, yellow is Trail Blazer, green is Lightning Shield, blue is Sky Flitter, and light purple is Crystal Spark.” Sparkler responded.

“Cool names!” The fillies responded. “Now let’s go out and have a snowball fight!” They said as they trotted to the back door.

Sparkler blinked twice before trotting after them, shocked at how chill they were.

Out back, Melody and her sisters built up their fort, when they and their brothers heard two familiar voices. “Yo everypony! What’s up?”

Melody and her siblings turned to the house and saw Pearl and Lucky. “Hiya guys!” Melody waved as she and her siblings and Pearl and Lucky all met up in the middle.

“How’s it going?” Lumber asked.

“It’s going great. You guys had an eventful Hearth's Warming we hear!” Pearl responded.

“Yeah. Wow.” She looked directly at Melody. “You look great Melody.” She said.

Melody blushed. “Oh…y-you know my new name?” She asked.

“I clued them in.” Sparkler responded. She trotted out of the door. “Told them that you chose to embrace your new life with a new name.”

Melody smiled and nodded. “Well, uh. Glad you like it.” She told Pearl and Lucky.

Pearl and Lucky nodded, then decided to change topics. “So, you guys gearing up for a Snowball fight?” Lucky asked.

“Yeah!” Crystal said. “Boys versus girls, it’s gonna be…rats.” Crystal realized something. “If you guys joined in it would be 3 on 5.”

“Yeah. Not exactly fair is it.” Lightning said.

Melody nodded…then got an idea. “Or…How about we do three teams. And you two be on a team with our mom!” She exclaimed.

Sparkler heard that and chuckled. “Eh, I think I’ll just sit this one out.” She said.

“Oh come on Ms. S!” Pearl said. “It could be fun!”

Sparkler looked between the eight foals, all of them were giving her the look. “Uhm…I don’t know…” Why was she hesitating? She would’ve joined in as an adult, what was holding her back?

Seeing her mom’s face, Melody walked up to her and gestured her inside. Right inside the kitchen, Melody started talking. “You ok mom?” She asked.

Sparkler sighed. “I don’t know. Remember what Candy and I told you? About my school days?” She asked. Receiving a nod from Melody. “Yeah. It started when I was five. From the first day of kindergarten my fellow foals in school hated me.” She took a deep breath. “I guess being five again brought me back to when I was actually five. And was left out of the fun other foals were having.” She said.

Melody smiled. “Well, it’s not like that anymore is it? A group of foals are asking if you want to join them this time around. Think, you have a chance to have the childhood you were denied.” She told mom.

Sparkler listened to Melody, and all of a sudden, it clicked with her. Just as Melody was given a chance to start over with a new family, SHE had a second shot at an aspect of foalhood that she missed out on. PLAYING WITH OTHER FOALS! After a moment, Sparkler smiled. “Hehe. There you go again with that maturity.” She said.

“So, snowball fight?” Melody asked.

“I’m warning you now, I’m an amazing shot.” Sparkler responded, nudging Melody.

“Oh it’s on.” Melody said as they went back out.

Sparkler, Pearl, and Lucky quickly built up their fort, and the snowball three way fight commenced. As she threw snowballs, and got hit by them, Sparkler was very quickly having a blast. Is this what it’s like? To actually be included? Of course she had been included before since she came to Ponyville, but now she understood why foals liked hanging out with each other.


Later that night, after the kids had gone to bed, Sparkler and Twilight sat in the kitchen, signing the six birth certificates that Twilight had drawn up that day.

“Good thinking with this Twily.” Sparkler said. “Kinda hard to prove you exist on paper if you don’t have the right documents.”

“And since Melody went through a species and gender change, I thought a second birth certificate for her wouldn’t hurt.” Twilight said.

“Ditto that.” Sparkler said. “So, how close were you to using your title in your bid to get the permit to merge our houses?” She asked with a giggle.

“Didn’t even need to acknowledge it. Mayer Mare approved of our idea and is very interested in seeing the result.” Twilight said.

Sparkler smiled. “Are you absolutely sure about this?“ She asked. “You realize that if we go through with this there is a real shot we could lose both houses.”

“I understand the risks. Otherwise I wouldn’t have said last night that it was a good idea.” Twilight responded. “And worse case scenario, we either find a new home or live in a hotel until we can build a new house.” She said.

Sparkler chuckled. “Least we’d be able to guarantee the kids have their own rooms if we build.” She mused.

“Exactly.” Twilight responded. “So risks are minimal when compared to the three outcomes of this endeavor.”

Sparkler smiled, leaned in, and kissed Twilight on the cheek. “Have I mentioned how happy I am to be in this together with you?” She asked.

“Maybe.” Twilight responded. “Though I am a little mad at you.” She said.

“What?” Sparkler asked. “Did I do something?”

“You finally decide that you’re gonna have the experience of playing with foals your own age that you were denied when you were actually a five year old and you do it when I’m not there to take pictures.” Twilight explained. “Need I say more?” She chuckled, letting Sparkler know she wasn’t ACTUALLY mad.

Sparkler laughed. “Well, still got a week left. Plenty of other chances.” She said.

“Oh you better believe I’m not missing any more chances.” Twilight responded. “And I doubt your parents would mind if they saw said pictures.”

“They’d probably be over the moon.” Sparkler chuckled.

“So how was it?” Twilight asked. “Finally getting the childhood experience you were denied?”

Sparkler smiled. “It felt amazing.” She said. I’ll remember this day for the rest of my life for sure. She thought.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Who else is happy that Sparkler finally gets a chance to have the foalhood she was denied when she was REALLY a kid?

And yeah. The house merge is a go. Let's see how it goes.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next