• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,317 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,317

PreviousChapters
The Chaos Flu

Author's Note:

It's been a while, but I hope you will enjoy the little chapter. :twilightsmile:

As you’ll be able to read, it has been a while since I’ve last written, but I hope you’ll still enjoy it for the story :twilightblush:

Thank you to Luckyfanisaac for spell checking

I woke up, but unlike other times, I woke up by myself, sniffing my nose, and feeling drool on my pillow I took Flurry’s ear out of my mouth and looked, my pillow was soaked, and drool still lingered on my chin, bit more than normal, but maybe I just slept well, but why was my nose stuffed? I wondered. But still able to smell breakfast I jumped down, but my landing was off so I fell as I landed on the floor “Ouch!” I cried out.

The door quickly opened and as I looked up Twilight had galloped over to me, “Are you okay Star?” She asked concerned.

I’m fine,” I said as I stood up while doing a quiet sniffle, “I don’t think I slept well, my pillow is also soaked from drool.

The lights turned on and Twilight said, “Not just your pillow, but your bedding as well, let me check.” but before I knew what she was checking, I felt her press on my protection, surprising me as I let out a little high squick before Twilight continued, “Nope, you didn’t leak, did you have a nightmare?

No, I don’t think so at least.” I answered back and turned my protection away from her, “and warn me next time you do that!” I said sternly.

I’m sorry Star, I’ll ask next time. But I’ll write to Princess Celestia, maybe she can ask Princess Luna if she knows of your dream.” Twilight answered and I accepted her apology.

As Twilight got me out of my protection and cleaned me up I sniffed again, but this time Twilight heard as she motherly said, “Don’t sniff it in, you’re going to get a headache, can you blow you own nose or do you need some help?

Reluctantly I accepted her help, as I didn’t really know how to hold the tissue with my hooves yet. I blew twice and Twilight was satisfied.

At breakfast, Spike only really mentioned that I must have had a nightmare, from the state I was in, but my nose still dripped, so I reached for a tissue and tried to blow my own nose.

Star? Are you feeling sick?” Twilight asked.

No, why?” I asked.

This might be the first time you’ve used tissue, and you don’t look too good.” Twilight said as she got up and went to me, then took her hoof on my forehead, “Hmm, not really hot, if just a little bit warm, might be because of your nightmare, weird. Would you like to stay home today? Just to be safe?

No thanks Twily, I kinda like going to school, and while being at home is fun too, it’s just the best to be the smartest in class for once.” I said with a smile, “and besides, you said I’m not sick, so no problem.

Twilight looked to be thinking, then felt my forehead again, sighed, but nodded, “Alright Star, just wanted to give you the offer.” But something told me she wasn’t sure about it.

I could always get a note with me telling Miss. Cheerilee that if I feel bad, then I’m allowed to go home.” I suggested, hoping that it could help her mood.

Twilight nodded and fixed a note, I thanked Spike for breakfast and went to my bedroom, coughed a little bit, but it must just have been something I ate, got my saddlebag ready, but only then realized that I only had the book about fireworks I got, but that wouldn’t prove anything, but with no time, I placed my school items in the saddlebag, then strapped it to me.
I had a little bit of trouble standing still after, but nothing serious, I then looked at Flurry and Strawberry, and wonder if they got moist from my sweaty nightmare. I went over and felt them, Flurry was a little bit moist, but nothing too bad, however, I still placed them on my desk, then went out into the living room.

Spike came over with my lunch, I thanked him and Twilight got me the note and a box of tissues, then followed me downstairs and said, “Are you sure you’re feeling okay to go?

I nodded, hugged her, and left.


My mind was now racing, how could I even prove that I’m opening the gala with Celestia, I mean, Diamond Tiara needs to be humbled, and the look on her face would be epic, the princess and ruler of Equestria choose a blank flank over somepony with a cutie mark, I coughed a little bit and my nose began itching, forcing me back to the real world, and making my turn, I wondered if I could be sick, but Twilight didn’t feel anything was off, but she was also unsure.


Soon the schoolhouse was in view and as I stood on the edge of the property, my nose tickled some more, I tried ignoring it, but as I saw the Crusaders spotting me and ran over, but my nose won, I took a quick deep breath and sneezed, feeling magic all around me before I was forced into the floor. The world then began to spin, and as I looked up the top of the flag pole was smoking, like it was burned off.

I looked towards the Crusaders and saw as they had stopped and hid their heads under their hooves. I tired to take a step but fell on the ground, but it was difficult as the world was upside down, and from below Rainbow Mane stood sideways muffling funny notices, but her breath ticked my nose and I took a deep breath, the rainbow chipped like a bird as I sneezed.

Giggling as I was bouncing on cotton candy eating rainbow cookies and seeing the world go like a grandfather clock, but Princess Purple Strawberry bowed before me and I said “Your princess Strawberry need, need-” I took a deep breath and sneezes.

When I looked back up a green pea had joined and looked like a sad pea, I then petted the pea hoping it would be a happy little strawberry, giggling all the way. Soon it made smoke, and I leaped away and hugged the marshmallow ground, and rolled around, but something happened as I began to fly as far as my strawberry wings could take me but all the water made me sneeze, but something popped.

A loud ding came and a big white strawberry arrived, finally, “de purple strawberry is purple, and not pink, so be boo!” I just began laughing, as I floated in the river of milkshake, while hearing grass sing, but as I enjoyed myself, a dark cloud came closer, I tried to kick the cloud, but I suddenly couldn’t move and I cried, feeling a sting.

When it ended I saw Strawberry Twilight, with a strawberry in her magic, I opened my mouth, reaching my tongue out after it, milkshake coming out of my mouth. But finally, I was munching on a strawberry and, but as it was gone and I chewed I saw another one, I opened my mouth again, as muffled noises flew around me, but I didn’t care, I wanted strawberries, and another one landed in my mouth, I giggled to myself, but I took a deep breath and sneezed, three pops and a zap.

All the fun was tiring and soon I fell asleep.


As I woke up a little but felt wet, then dry, and then warm again before I was carried back to bed, “Huh..?” I tried to look around, but everything still spun around.

Should she not have stopped sneezing magic out by now, Princess?” Twilight’s voice asked.

It’s better to be safe, the chaos flue is not a joke, but when Star will be sneezing normally again, then she just needs to rest.” Celestia’s voice said.

But as I looked up at them they looked like strawberries, I giggled but coughed my dry throat, but before I knew it, something came to my lips and I sucked it out, nice cool water went down my throat, but I lost grip as I took a deep breath.

Get ready Twilight!” Celestia’s voice commanded.

I sneezed, a few times, then coughed even more, I began to grow cold and snuggled into my bedding.

I think we’re over the worst part, my dearest student. Now she just needs to rest, will you be fine alone?” Celestia asked quietly.

Thank you Princess, I will be fine, I’ll just get her some nice soup.” Twilight’s voice said as she walked away.

I felt a hoof on my forehead, but unable to move, but I was so soft and cold, “I’m sorry for not seeing this coming Star, I will check if you need anything else, so something like this will never happen again.” Celestia’s voice was calm but strong, and as long as she held her hoof on my forehead, then I didn’t care. “Take care Star.” Celestia whispered, before I felt a nuzzle on my muzzle, it was so relaxing I fell asleep.


I rubbed my eyes and turning my head to the side I saw Twilight on a pillow in the middle of my room reading, but unexpectedly she looked up at me, “Hi Star, how are you feeling?” Twilight whispered.

I coughed and held my head as it hurt, “My head is hurting. Make it stop!! Please!” I whined.

Here, drink some soup, I’ve kept it nice and warm for you, it will help, Rainbow Dash went to Zecora to get something that will help with the headache.” Twilight said, but I didn’t want to take my hooves away from my bedding, so I looked at Twilight in confusion. Twilight gave a soft smile, and levitated the spoon with soup, blew and floated it to my mouth, I drank and waited for the next spoonful.

Soon the soup was gone and my nose was cleared again, but as I was close to sleeping Twilight carried me to be changed into a new protection, but before I was laid on the table, I fell asleep.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 14 )

never boring in ponyvile, not even at school :pinkiecrazy:

she held her hoof on my forehead,

Well that was a bit confusing.

is it a coincidence that recent chapters are releasing every 3 weeks or so? or is it intentional?

11606012
Pure chance, but as some point I’ll edit this and put an updated version up. :twilightsmile:

I'm sure Discord will a lot of fun messing with Star

11615866
Oh, what kind of fun did you have in mind? ^^
And I’m happy you like the story so far :twilightsmile:

great chapter love the story so far

Jest starting this story hope it is good

It is a ok story so fare only 5 chapters in but no real freak out panic on either side kinda a let down not a big one thow and 1 other thing how old is Stef

For me I'm not a big fan of following the story and ignoring the OC and I also don't like how u made theam in to a yes OC I like the parts were the OC is not in the main story the beat thow I'm still only 1/2 done with the story that u posts and I'm going to finish it but ya that s jeast me

11797676
yeah, with plot armor hehe

Any chance of an update?

Login or register to comment