• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,309 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,309

PreviousChapters Next
Day 10: Recovery:

I woke up as a soft muzzle nuzzled me, I opened my eyes, as Twilight said ‘’Good morning little sis, how are you feeling?‘’ As I tried to move, it still hurt as I was forced to let out a small cry before I got back to my comfortable position and Twilight responding ‘’Oh my, we better get you to the hospital, just to be safe.‘’

I gave her a smile as I joked ‘’Heh, six days as your little sister and I’m going to the hospital.‘’ Twilight just rolled her eyes at that as she levitated me into the air and loosely wrapped a blanket around me before we went out of the library and towards the hospital.

In the hospital we waited for about an hour before being called in and Twilight placed me up on the bed and explained what happened to the doctor who said that a scan would be for the best, just to be sure.

After the scan Twilight and I waited in the room until the doctor came back and said ‘’You’ll be happy to hear that nothing is broken, but it was a serious hit you got there. As I looked at your scan, it’s like you’ve never been hurt in your entire life.‘’ I looked at Twilight and hoped she would know how to react, but she was no help as she only looked concerned at me and the doctor continued ‘’So, stay in bed for the rest of today and get something warm on that back, then you should be just fine by tomorrow. But if it’s getting worse, do not hesitate to come back.‘’

‘’We won’t.‘’ Twilight replied and I got a proper bandage on, before Twilight wrapped me in the blanket and took me back home.

On the way back I asked ‘’So, when is Spike coming back?‘’

‘’About half an hour.‘’ Twilight answered and as we came home, Twilight didn’t take me to my bedroom, but her bed instead. She placed me down in the middle and after she was sure I was comfortable, she told me to get some rest, as she would pick up Spike and some things for dinner. Some time after she had left, I fell asleep.

I woke up as Twilight talked to Spike, and me being too comfortable, I called ‘’Spike?!‘’

He came up with stars in his eyes ‘’Star, you’re awake. Are you feeling any better?‘’

‘’A little bit, but could you grab my pink and blue book?‘’ I asked, he saluted and ran for my room, as he left Twilight and I, I asked ‘’Hey big sis? Is it okay with you, if I write to Princess Celestia about what we were told this morning when we were at the hospital?‘’

‘’Of course, I noted that as well in my letter to the Princess.‘’ She answered as Spike came back and I began.

‘’Dear Princess Celestia.
I have learned a bit more about magic as I can now make a small light on my horn.
But the reason why I write to you is because unfortunately this night a tree branch landed on my back by accident. But earlier this morning Twilight and I were at the hospital and we were told that my back wasn’t hurt too badly and that I should be fine by tomorrow. We were also told, from the scan they did of me, that it looked like I have never been hurt in my life.
I hoped you might know why.

Yours Star Sparkle.‘’

Spike ended with ‘’Sparkle, done. It sounds to have been a crazy evening from what Twilight has told me as well… One I missed.‘’

I gave Twilight a smile I said ‘’Hey, it’s okay Spike, we can always have another sleepover, just the three of us.‘’

‘’That girly nonsense, yeah, no thank you Star.‘’ He said dismissively.

‘’Well, just let us know.‘’ But then I got more comfortable in the bed and stared into nothing until I fell asleep again.

I woke up to dinner in bed, I ate and after I ate my dinner and my cookie, Twilight asked ‘’Do you want to stay there and sleep or do you want me to move you into your own room?‘’

‘’I wanna stay.‘’ I said as I snuggled under the sheets and after I got a nod from Twilight, I slowly fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Next chapter will go up this weekend, else I want to improving what have already published.


But let me know what you think. :-)

PreviousChapters Next