• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,305 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,305

PreviousChapters Next
Cotton Candy Pony:

We soon arrived at the most weird looking building I had ever seen, on the sign it said ‘Sugarcube Corner’ but it’s roof looked like the roof of a gingerbread house with frosting, a standing on two legs pony holding a candy cane on the roof, the top floor looked like a cupcake with three candles on it, but the rest of the building was like the others in the town, wood for stability and white stone walls.

After she got herself out, Apple Bloom got me loose enough so I could get out and after I got released I heard a loud high pitched yell that came from above us ‘’Incoming!‘’ A pink pony jumped down and as she saw us she said ‘’Hi Apple Bloom…‘’ She looked at me like her eyes were going to pop ‘’And you must be Twilight’s cute foal sister.‘’

Embarrassed I responded ‘’Yeah, that’s me, I’m Star Sparkle.‘’

Full of energy she came down to my eye height, hugged me and said ‘’Ohh, it so good to finally meet you Star Sparkle, I’m Pinkie Pie by the way.‘’

Surprised at the energy she had I said ‘’Nice to meet you too Pinkie Pie.‘’

She sat down and said ‘’Please, were friends, just call me Pinkie.‘’

Another friend.’ I thought but said ‘’Sure thing Pinkie, then just call me Star.‘’ That got her to smile even more and I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I was placed down on the ground again.

While Pinkie sat she looked to be in deep thought and then suddenly raced inside the store, I looked in confusion, same as Apple Bloom.

Out of the doors Pinkie sped through two ponies then came outside.
One had a blue coat with a dark red and pink in her mane and tail, she also had two pink pearls as earrings and a yellow and pink apron on.
The other pony looked to be male in the shape of his face and his shorter mane and tail, yellow coat and orange mane and tail, wearing a white apron, white and red hat and a bow tie.

They came over to us and said ‘’Thank you for coming Apple Bloom, we will have the wagon empty as fast as possible.‘’ She looked at me and continued ‘’Oh, and who do we have here, a new filly in Ponyville?‘’

I tried to act more confident instead of shy and said ‘’Yeah… I’m Star Sparkle, Twilight’s adoptive little sister and now I live with her.‘’

They both gave me a sweet smile as the blue pony said ‘’Isn't that sweet, I’m Mrs. Cup Cake and this here is my husband Mr. Carrot Cake and you must simply come by again another day and we will have a special ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ treat for you.‘’

Surprised that they will give me something for free, just because I was new, I responded ‘’Thank you, I will.‘’

From inside the door we all heard Pinkie as she called ‘’Star come on, I have a surprise for you!‘’

I looked at Apple Bloom and said ‘’I better go in now, bye Apple Bloom.‘’

Happily she responded ‘’Bye Star, have fun.‘’

As I was about to go inside, I looked back at her and asked ‘’Wanna come with?‘’

‘’Nah, it's just for the two of you. You better get going.‘’ She responded before I walked inside.

Once inside, Pinkie jumped over to me, clearly very excited and once close to my face she asked ‘’Guess what we’re going to do.‘’

By her being so close to me, I stuttered nervously ‘’Ha-have a party?‘’

Her face lit up with excitement, but said ‘’Nope, but that is a good idea, we are going to bake cupcakes.‘’

‘’Bake cupcakes?‘’ I questioned before I was dragged away.

Dragged to the kitchen and had a chefs hat put on me, Pinkie said ‘’All you have to do is take a cup of flour and add it to the mix.‘’ So I did as I spilled some on myself, but poured it in the measurement cup, with some help from Pinkie who afterwards continued ‘’Now take a bit of salt, just a pinch and add some sugar.‘’ She gave me another empty cup and showed me where the sugar was, I went over and filled the cup and walked back to the bowl where Pinkie added in the bit of salt and I poured in the sugar.

She got the vanilla out and gave me a spoon to put it in, but what amazed me was the fact that she held it with her hoof, clearly waiting for me to grab it, I asked ‘’How do you hold that spoon?‘’

She looked at the spoon and said ‘’Well, I guess I just do it.‘’ I placed my hoof to the spoon wanting to hold it, Pinkie pulled her hoof away and the spoon was now on my hoof. I adjusted the spoon on my hoof and added a teaspoon of vanilla, Pinkie then gave me the last stuff so I could put it in the bowl and then helped me to mix it together. I bent my hoof and held a big wooden spoon, she then instructed me how to hold it and how to mix it. To say I used force would be the understatement of the week.

After it was all mixed Pinkie got a cupcake tray to fit twelve cupcakes, she took it over to me and I poured it in the holes, but spilled half of it on the tops, nothing Pinkie couldn’t handle, as the tip of her mane took a spatula like a hand and scraped the last dough in place, I watched in amazement as she scraped the dough into their place and as she was done, she placed it into the oven that apparently was on, maybe that was why she raced in before.

With the oven closed I asked ‘’So… what now?‘’

Excited and full of energy she said ‘’I know, I know, we could play a game?‘’

Scared to know what kind of game I asked ‘’What kind of game?‘’

She got an egg timer out, from who knows where, and said ‘’Hide and Seek of course silly, but I only have five minutes to find you.‘’

Not excited to play a kids game, but clearly she was happy about it, I remembered Twilight's words and said ‘’Okay, sounds fun, but who hides first?‘’

She thought for a moment before saying ‘’Since you’re new, you decide.‘’

In the end, our play area was only the kitchen and I hid first, but after 5 minutes Pinkie said ‘’Alright Star, you win.‘’ I walked out of my hiding place that was behind some pots and pans, then Pinkie hid.

When I had ten seconds left, I looked behind me as I felt something and there was Pinkie, who was genuinely surprised, if not more than I was, she poked me on the muzzle and said cheerfully ‘’You’re it.‘’ Before she ran away, as I realized just what happened I ran after her.

Minutes came and went as I caught her, she caught me, when I was finally it, I stopped to catch my breath, Pinkie came over concerned and asked ‘’Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?‘’

As I breathed heavily I said ‘’No… I’m fine.‘’ Bobbed her muzzle I continued ‘’And your it.‘’ Before I bolted away Pinkie was right behind me, but since I was smaller than her, I could easily get under the table.
As I in the end ran, I looked back and saw Pinkie right behind me and I stumbled over my own leg and Pinkie, too close to stop herself, ran into me and up was down.

When I opened my eyes again I was on the floor, I looked to my right and saw Pinkie who looked at me, surprised over what just happened we just laughed as we realized that we were also covered in flour.

But as I remembered what Twilight said last night, maybe in my dream, I felt that I would never go home. That got my laughing to stop and Pinkie followed soon after.

As we got up, the egg timer rang to let us know that the cupcakes were done, Pinkie then took the tray out of the oven and put them on the table, afterwards she brushed herself and me off from the flour and sat me up on a chair in front of the newly baked cupcakes and said ‘’I forgot, what is cupcakes without icing?‘’

‘’Muffins?‘’ I asked with a grin on my face.

Pinkie laughed and got a tube and said ‘’But don’t worry Star, I always have icing ready for an emergency.‘’ I only speculated that one time she absolutely needed it, but didn’t have it.

After she had put the icing on she took two cupcakes out, without burning herself and gave me one of them, I took a bite and thought ‘Not bad.’ I looked at Pinkie and asked ‘’So… What do you think?‘’

In her always happy voice she said ‘’Ultra super tirefik?‘’ I smiled as she seemed to like it and while I was eating Pinkie put most of them in a box before she got me back to the ground and bundled a string around the bow.

I couldn't help but notice the kitchen and ask ‘’Shouldn’t we clean up?‘’

Pinkie shook her head saying ‘’Don’t you worry your pretty little head about that, I’ll clean it up.‘’

She led me to the front door and gave me a hug and since I was in the hug anyways, I hugged her back as she placed me back on the ground she said ‘’Today was fun, we definitely need to do it again someday.‘’

‘’Definitely, I haven't had this much fun in a very long time.‘’ I said and I felt it. After I said the last goodbye, I took the string in my mouth and walked out of the building and as I could see the library from where I stood I walked back to Twilight, ready to get my prize, learning magic, I even ignored the looks I got from all the ponies.

PreviousChapters Next