• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,311 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,311

PreviousChapters Next
Mr. & Mrs. Sparkle:

We came down to the courtyard and waited for about five minutes before I spotted Velvet and Night Light and said ‘’Ms. Dawn, there they are.‘’ As I pointed to them they spotted us and Ms. Dawn called a guard to let them in.

As Velvet and Night Light came though they ran to me and I ran to them and jumped into Velvet hooves, Velvet hugged me as she asked ‘’Did you have fun sweetie.‘’

I nodded ‘’Yeah, but I still missed you two.‘’

Night Light hugged us both and said ‘’We missed you too sweetie.‘’

We stayed in the hug for a bit before Night Light let go and Velvet sat me on the ground as she asked ‘’I see Flurry is getting a nice ride.‘’ I giggled a bit before she continued ‘’Well your dad has gotten you saddlebag, do you have something nice to say to the pony who helped you?‘’ Velvet asked.

I took a few steps back in confusion ‘The pony who helped me, ohh, she must mean Ms. Dawn’ so I turned to Ms. Dawn and said ‘’Thank you for your help Ms. Dawn.‘’

‘’It’s nothing, I hope you’ll be back again some day.‘’

‘’I will.‘’ I said and Ms. Dawn waved as I walked with Velvet and Night Light to the gates and out of the castle grounds and onto the cobblestone streets of Canterlot.

As we were now in Canterlot’s streets Velvet asked ‘’Hey Star?‘’

‘’Yeah?‘’

‘’What would you say to a tour of Canterlot?‘’

‘’Really?‘’

‘’Yes of course, nearby where we live there is a park, the library could also be interesting to show you, as well as Twilight’s favorite book store.‘’

‘’Twily’s favorite book store?‘’ I asked in utter confusion.

‘’I know it sounds weird, but maybe you could find a book you would like, or it could be a way for you to learn about Twily from when she was your age.‘’

‘’Well, okay. Sounds um… Fun.‘’ I said.

Velvet smiled and as we walked, I looked around for my brown saddlebag and saw Night Light had it on his back. Night Light noticed and asked ‘’Do you like your saddlebag, sweetie?‘’

‘’Like my saddlebag?‘’

‘’Yes, well I mean do you like it’s design and color?‘’

‘’It’s okay and brown.‘’

‘’Hehe, it sure is brown, but would you like a new saddlebag?‘’

‘’Oh no, this one works fine.‘’ I said.

Velvet overheard us as she asked ‘’Are you sure sweetie? It’s okay if you want another one.‘’

I hesitated before I answered ‘’I’m sure, it’s fine like it is.‘’

‘’Hmm… Alright, but what if you saw other saddlebags and saw one you liked.‘’

‘’I don’t know…? I don’t want you to spend too much money on me.‘’

‘’Sweetie, your dad and I appreciate that, but as I said we’re your parents, but if it makes you feel better, then we aren’t spending more money on you than we can afford.‘’

‘’Well, we could always look at other saddlebags.‘’ I said even though I was still not okay about the fact that they were spending money on me, I only wanted to go home.

We came to the saddlebag store first and inside there were many different kinds in all different colors, on the other side of the colorful saddlebags there were saddlebags in one color scheme but different shapes, sizes, stitching and patterns. As I looked around Velvet asked ‘’Do you see something you like?‘’

‘’Yeah, I like this stitching.‘’ As I pointed at a saddlebag with a blue stitching.

‘’Anything else?‘’ Velvet asked.

‘’That shape and size.‘’ I pointed to one I suspected could hold two Daring Do books on each side but was still my size.

‘’Then there’s still room left for a Cutie Mark.‘’ Velvet said.

But as I remembered that I probably wouldn’t get one and said ‘’Maybe three stripes, pink, blue, pink?‘’

‘’Perfect, on both sides?‘’

‘’Sure, then I know they're together.‘’ I said, Velvet giggled before she called a pony over and told her what I told her and the pony took a measuring tape out and Velvet lifted Flurry as she said ‘’Don’t worry sweetie, Flurry is safe.‘’

I nodded and got the measuring tape around me and the pony said ‘’Thank you.‘’

When the pony was done turned to Velvet who placed Flurry back onto my back and they talked further until everything was approved and we went back outside and continued my tour of Canterlot.

As we walked, I saw a shop that looked to only sell souvenirs and said ‘’Let’s go into that shop.‘’ I pointed.

‘’Of course sweetie, are you looking for something special?‘’ Velvet said.

‘’Not really, it’s just that have three friends in Ponyville and I hoped to find a little thing for them.‘’

‘’Isn’t that sweet, okay. Let’s see what there is.‘’ Velvet said with a small smile before we walked into the shop.

Inside the shop I walked around and saw so many snow globes for 10 bits a piece ‘Okay, maybe max. 5 bits.’ I walked further around and saw a box of small plushy suns, but not a single moon ‘Wow, Luna is popular.’ The plushies were only 5 bits a piece so I took three suns up and waved Night Light over, took my saddlebag off and got my bits out before I went to the counter with Night Light behind me.
At the counter, I paid and Night Light got them back into my saddlebag before we went out of the shop and back onto my tour.

A small bit further ahead we reached a building, it looked to be a house, all but the windows that displayed different books, we walked inside and a stallion greeted us as he said ‘’Velvet, Night Light, how are you, it’s been a long time.‘’

‘’It have indeed, but ever since Twilight moved to the castle, she didn’t need her parents to go with her.‘’

‘’But I see you have a different little filly with you.‘’ He said as he looked at me, I felt an urge and got closer to Velvet, the stallion only chuckled ‘’No need to be shy little filly.‘’

‘’Hehe, it’s okay, she’s just a little shy sometimes.‘’ Velvet said

‘’It’s okay, just let me know if you’ll need any help.‘’ The stallion who responded.

‘’We will.‘’ Velvet responded as the stallion left with a smile.

As the stallion went into the back room Velvet sat down next to me and asked ‘’Sweetie, is something wrong? I’ve never seen you like this before.‘’

‘’I think I’m okay, I don’t really know why I didn’t talk, but it also happened when I came to Ponyville.‘’

‘’Well, I’m happy that you got closer to me.‘’ Velvet smiled.

I smiled and looked around the store, nothing stood out and I said ‘’Can we move on now?‘’

‘’Of course sweetie. Honey will you say goodbye to Oli before we go, Star and I will wait outside.‘’

‘’Of course.‘’ Night Light said before Velvet and I left the store and was back outside and waited for Night Light.

As we waited I said ‘’You said you didn’t walk Twilight here after she went to live in the castle.‘’

‘’Yes, the castle is much closer than our home.‘’

‘’How old was Twilight when she moved out?‘’

‘’Oh, what got you curious?‘’

‘’Nothing really, just when the pony said it’s been a long time since you were there.‘’

‘’Well, when Twilight got her Cutie Mark, she was your age and became the Princess’s personal student and so, she began living in the castle from Monday to Friday and was only home in the weekends, well, most of the weekends.‘’ Velvet said with a hint of sorrow.

I got the hint and asked ‘’Are you okay?‘’

‘’I am, thank you sweetie.‘’ Velvet said as she hugged me and I hugged her back, it just felt right to do so.

After a bit Night Light walked out and Velvet placed me back on the ground and we continued my tour.

As we walked I saw a massive building, in the same style the old roman colosseums, it was huge. As we got closer I looked to the top of the roof and there were markings, they looked like Norse runes and so I asked ‘’What does that say?‘’

While I pointed to the top of the building, Velvet looked up and said ‘’You mean the runes?‘’

‘’Yes.‘’

‘’If I’m not mistaken, I believe it’s translated to, The Library Of Canterlot.‘’

‘’So this is the library?‘’

‘’It is.‘’ Velvet said and we walked up the stairs to the entrance.

We walked inside and I saw rows after rows of bookshelves on two floors, it was huge, there had to be over ten of thousands of books.

I followed Velvet and Night Light to the desk and Velvet said ‘’Hello, we would like to get our daughter a library card.‘’

The receptionist smiled and as she said ‘’Of course.‘’ She looked at me ‘’And what’s your name sweetie?‘’

But as she looked at me, I felt a bit scared of her and shuffled closer to Velvet and the receptionist continued ‘’It’s okay sweetie, I’m not gonna hurt you.‘’

Velvet sat down and I could not get closer to her unless I went into her body as I muttered ‘’I’m Star…‘’ Velvet lifted me up to her and I leaned into her fur, ‘Why am I acting like this?’ I didn’t wanna talk to her and when I stood before, I felt completely alone, it felt like being back in the cave on my first night.

As I cowered into Velvet I heard her say ‘’It’s Star Sparkle, she’s a little shy to other ponies.‘’

‘’That’s quite alright.‘’ The receptionist said ‘’Though we still need a picture of her, you think you’ll be able to convince her?‘’

Velvet didn’t answer, but instead held me as she asked softly ‘’Sweetie, the nice mare will take a picture of you, but we’ll be right next to you, okay.‘’ I nodded and I was carried to the backroom while Velvet carried me on her front leg.

In the back I was sat on a wooden chair and and Velvet took Flurry as she said ‘’I’ll promise, I’ll keep her safe.‘’

I smiled and waved goodbye to Flurry as the pony from before came inside the room with a camera, it looked to be an old camera from the human world, the pony then said in a high pitch voice ‘’Will you give me a very big smile?‘’ I smiled and a flash later Velvet and Night Light came back over and I got Flurry back and we went back outside again, but this time I sat on Velvet’s back.

Out in the hallway I looked around as we waited for my card, around the library I saw many ponies, even a unicorn that looked like Fluttershy, there were also groups of ponies that walked together, they didn’t look too be as old as Twilight, Velvet or Night Light but still older than Apple Bloom and they all walked around with books in their magic.

It all got me to think on why I was even getting a library card in the first place, these ponies needed one, but I didn’t, I was going back home or I would live in Ponyville until then, so why, I gently shook Velvet as I asked ‘’Umm…‘’ Velvet looked at me with a soft smile as she asked ‘’Is something wrong sweetie?‘’

‘’N-no, I um… Why am I getting a library card?‘’

‘’Oh… It’s for when you’re in Canterlot and if you’ve found a book in here that you want to borrow.‘’

‘’Oh.‘’ I could only say, as I felt it would be rude to ask them how often I would go to Canterlot, I didn’t want them to think that I didn’t want to be with them.

A few moments later the pony came back to us and I got the card as Velvet and Night Light signed for the card, as they signed, I saw the picture, it was strange as I still looked like a little pink pony filly, guess that was why I didn’t have a mirror in my room.

Next to the picture I noticed there was some information ‘Name: Star. Second Name: Sparkle. Date of Birth: 02/07/1097’ Definitely a different birthday, by almost 900 years, but not here.

Velvet took me out of my focus on the card as she asked ‘’Do you like the picture?‘’

‘’Yeah, I just noticed my date of birth.‘’

‘’Yes, Princess Celestia was very sweet to give you an accurate year of birth, would you rather have another date?‘’

‘’Oh, no, it fine.‘’ I said as this was Star Sparkle’s birthday and my real birthday is Stef’s birthday ‘’But how old am I?‘’

‘’Princess Celestia believed that you have the body of a 10 year old.‘’ Velvet said, I just nodded as I didn’t know what to say, so my mind went back to Star’s birthday.

A brise broke my thoughts and I noticed we were outside and I sat on Velvet, Flurry lay in front of me, I took Flurry to me and a golden aura took the card as Night Light said ‘’Looks like our little filly is back with us again.‘’

‘’Huh, what do you mean?‘’

‘’You went quiet after your mom asked if you wanted your date of birth changed.‘’

‘’Oh, I guess I fell into my own thoughts a little bit, sorry.‘’

‘’It’s okay sweetie, happens to the best of us.‘’ Night Light said as he placed my card in my saddlebag.

‘’Sooo… Where are we going now?‘’

‘’Back home.‘’ Velvet said ‘’Then your dad will start the grill and we’ll make hay burgers.‘’

‘’Really?!‘’ I asked, as I remembered it tasted like meat, so I was all for it

‘’Of course,‘’ Velvet said ‘’but after dinner it’s time for your bath.‘’

‘’Oh, right, forgot about that.‘’

‘’Well,‘’ Velvet said as she looked at me ‘’That’s why we’re your parents.‘’ I smiled as she nuzzled me, while she still walked.

Author's Note:

Thank you for following the story so far. :twilightsmile:

Please let me know what you like and what you hope to see in the future, I won't promise that I'll do it, but it'll help me to find out why all of you like it.

PreviousChapters Next