• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,303 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,303

PreviousChapters Next
What do I have to lose:

With the scroll in hand, I walked over to the side of the bed that faced the window and opened the scroll.

Creature to Pony Transformation.
My sister and I believe that the reason you could not return to your world is due to your body 'rejecting' the magic of the portal. Therefore I have decided to present you with this option to return home.
The reason we didn’t start with this option is due to its success rate- know that, while it has never been attempted on a human before, it has been attempted on other creatures. These creatures who wanted to become ponies, for varying reasons, but due to some unknown failing in the transformation, all their lives were cut tragically short.
At first it was suspected to be a flaw in the spell, but no flaw was ever found- even the archmage Starswirl's keen eye could find nothing wrong with its workings. So by accepting this, you will be risking your life. Do not do so lightly, for a life less than ideal is a life.

The Spell itself.
It was never refined to the point where it will give you the body you want, so it would be impossible to say if you would become an Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn or even an Alicorn like myself and my sister.
It is also impossible to know what your physical age and gender would be- but your memories should definitely remain intact, as the spell weaves the mind into a new form.

I know this is a lot to take in, but remember that even if the spell is successful, I cannot guarantee your return home. If you choose to not go through with the spell, you have mine and my sister's guarantee that we’ll make a way for you, as a human, to enter our world.

After I had read the scroll, I dropped it as I began to shake, I had to lay down on the bed and as a few tears came out, I still held almost all of them back. I turned around so I could see out through the window and I just looked out, I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t afraid because I could die here, for all I knew, I just disappeared or maybe even died the day I got here. Maybe it was the car crash that got me here and this was just my afterlife.

As I thought about my situation, I suddenly heard a few gentle knocks on my door and Twilight asked with a worried voice ‘’May I come in?‘’

I quickly got up and cleared my throat and with my normal voice I said ‘’Give me a minute.‘’ I took the scroll and hid it under my blanket, wiped the few tears away, took a deep breath and said as calm as I could ‘’Come in.‘’

As the door opened, Twilight came in and closed the door as she asked ‘’I thought you might wanted some dinner?‘’

I turned to notice that the sun was about to go down and said ‘’Oh yeah… Umm… thank you Twilight.‘’

With a smile she said ‘’Your welcome.‘’ She levitated a tray, with a lid on, over to me, but for some reason I didn’t notice the tray before, she removed the lid and I began to eat the vegetables and yet again, it was all very tasty.

As I eat in silence Twilight came over to me and said with a concerned voice ‘’I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going through, and you don’t have to tell me, but know that if you want to talk. I’m here for you.‘’ As I felt I was about to cry again. I stopped myself and placed the tray on the floor, that got Twilight’s attention, I got the scroll and gave it to her as she began to read it for herself.

She started to develop tears in her eyes before she jumped up to the bed next to me and hugged me from the side, while she hugged me she asked carefully and curious ‘’Will… Will you do it?‘’

My answer surprised even myself as I said ‘’I have to try.‘’

A silence came for a couple of seconds before I continued with a sadness in my voice ‘’I just fear if I still won’t be able to go home. Please, don’t… Don’t get me wrong, you have all been very sweet to me, but my life and family is back in my world.‘’

She then responded with a happier tone in her voice ‘’Then let’s talk about WHEN you are a pony.‘’

Curious with that statement I asked ‘’What do you mean?‘’

‘’Let us say you wouldn't be able to go back, at this moment in time at least.‘’ Twilight said.

Now curious to see where she would go with it, I asked ‘’Okay, what then?‘’

She looked at the scroll and said with her lecture voice ‘’Let’s take them one at a time. Hmm… Now, let’s say you become a stallion or mare, then you can live with me and I’ll help you to adjust to the pony life, until a solution will be found.‘’

But the word ‘mare’ got my head in a spin, as I calmly asked ‘’But, what if I get the age off a child?‘’

She thought for a moment before she said ‘’Then I also have an idea, to make a story that you don’t remember your parents, so my parents could then adopt you as their child and my younger sibling and then you could still live with me and I could still teach you the pony way, until a solution will be found.‘’

But with that big of a statement I skeptically asked ‘’Are you sure? Have you even talked with your parents about it?‘’

Her look told me that she hadn't talked with them about that, but confident she said ‘’Well no. But if they say no, then I will adopt you as my own.‘’

I thought back to what happened last night, I did believe she was serious, but I said with a more serious voice ‘’Don’t promise what you can’t keep.‘’

But with a smile and a happy voice she said ‘’I’m not.‘’

After Twilight had spoken I looked out of that big window and as I saw that pink star again, I got a smile back on my face and I looked at Twilight and with a small laugh I said ‘’Hehe, it’s funny really, every night I have been here in Equestria, I have seen that pink star.‘’

As I pointed towards the pink star and with a smile Twilight said ‘’And like that star, I will always be here.‘’

I returned her smile and after a moment I said ‘’Well, I better get some sleep before tomorrow.‘’

‘’Yeah, of course, well, goodnight.‘’ Twilight said.

As she walked towards the door I said ‘’Goodnight Twilight.‘’

She gave me a smile, walked out the door and closed it after her, I turned the lights off and now the moonlight, from one of the smaller windows, showed only the bed, I walked over to the bed, took my clothes off and again lay down on the bed and looked at the moon as I fell asleep.

PreviousChapters Next