• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,319 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
37
 548
 9,319

PreviousChapters Next
Day 24: MorningShy

The morning daylight heated my closed eyelids and I groaned, wanting to sleep more. Snuggling into the bed I felt my protection was wet, and as a hoof came on my face made me realize that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were all around me.

My heart raced, but slowly I remembered yesterday, and that all understood my situation, Sweetie Belle even took it further than I expected, just to make me comfortable.

I opened my eyes and removed Apple Bloom’s hoof from my face and gently lay it next to her. As I lay in bed and relaxed I heard gentle steps coming up the stairs, then Flutterhsy’s head poked through and we stared at each other. I smiled and received one back as Fluttershy walked over, as she walked over I whispered, “Could you help me get clean, just quickly? About, you know what.

Fluttershy smiled and nodded, she flapped her wings and hovered over the bed, I reached out my hooves and was lifted up into her embrace and she flew me out into her bathroom to get me washed for the day.


After I was clean I smiled and said, “Thanks Fluttershy.

¨Anytime Star, I’m happy to clean you up.¨ Fluttershy said with a giggle, leaving me a bit embarrassed, “Oh, I’m sorry Star, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.

It’s okay Fluttershy, I know you mean well.” I smiled, most likely with a bit of blushy cheeks. Fluttershy smiled, nuzzled me, and sat me back on the ground.


Not knowing what to do I asked, “What now?

Well, I- We need to have the rest woken up, and plates sat on the table.” Fluttershy instructed.

I’ll take care of the girls.” I smiled, having a little plan brewing in my mind of a fun way to wake them up, Fluttershy nodded and I walked upstairs to the bedroom.

As I walk into the bedroom I saw the three fillies were still sleeping, so I walked over and carefully lay Sweetie Belle’s tail on Apple Bloom’s muzzle, her tail on Scootaloo’s muzzle and her tail on Sweetie Belle muzzle. While they all reacted to the tails, none woke up, so I had to help, I smirked to myself. Slowly I ruffled the tails, tickling their noses, one after the other until…

All, like clockwork, woke up and began sneezing and itching their muzzles, only for Apple Bloom’s tail to still be on Scootaloo’s face.

Scootaloo! Don’t eat my tail!” Apple Bloom called out. By the sight alone I laughed and all looked at me.

I’m not Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo called out, pushing the tail away, “But I think I know what’s going on.” She said pointing at me.

As I tried to compose myself Sweetie Belle giggle on the side, “Sorry girls,” I giggled, “I hope you can forgive me, it was only for fun.” I smiled.

Scootaloo started with a smirk towards Apple Bloom , “We can forgive you, right Apple Bloom?

AAa-yep,” Apple Bloom smirked back as both launched at me.

For all my strength I tried to get away, but being too slow I was on the floor and was tickled, all while kicking all my hooves.


A short time passed before Fluttershy came up and broke off the tickle fight to tell breakfast was ready, as that happened Sweetie Belle appeared, no protection in sight. On the way down I was reassured that they forgave me and it was indeed a fun way to wake up to.


After the very delicious breakfast, we fillies decides to play hide and seek, and as I woke them all up the way I did, I had to find them first. So I counted to twenty and began to look.

First, I found Apple Bloom under the kitchen counter, mainly because Fluttershy didn’t put her pan down in its place. Sweetie Belle was more difficult, as she hid in the bathroom, under some towels. But Scootaloo was nowhere to be found, so I had to have Apple Bloom and Sweetie help me, as they also didn’t knew where she hid, but I was told Scootaloo seemed very confident of her hiding spot, we walked for a good few minutes, even looking in the trash can and in the birdhouses, but nothing.

Almost giving up, Fluttershy asked, “Girls, does the window really needs to be opened to play your game? There is quite the breeze and my animals really hope we could close it.

Window?” We didn’t open a window, I said. Like a lightning strike it all hit us and we all ran outside, with the faint voice of Fluttershy asking in question “Girls?

Outside and relaxing in the tree Scootaloo smirked down and asked, “What took you guys so long? I’ve been waiting for hours!” She laughed the last part and all of us frowned, mostly thinking the same.

Scootaloo!” I called.

Apple Bloom then called, “We never agreed on going outside!

Yeah Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle chipped in, “That’s cheating!

Com’on guys! There were so few hiding places in the cottage,” Scootaloo jumped down, “and besides, if you just looked out of the window you would have seen me.” She ended.

Even though she was right, she was still cheating, “Fine,” I said, but continued with a smile, “While we never said, never go outside, it was still implied that we would only be inside. So how about a deal?

I’m listening,” Scootaloo said. So was Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

We can agree that you won and thought outside the box and found the best hiding place, but you have to count this time, for bending the rules.” I said firmly and the two fillies nodded.

Deal,” Scootaloo said, “but now only outside in the fenced garden.” Scootaloo pulled her hoof forward and we joined her and agreed, only trouble now was that she said, “I’ll count to twenty, so go!

The rest of us ran in random directions, but as I wasn't sure where to hide I then spotted Angel waving me over, “You know where I can hide?” He nodded and jumped towards the chicken coop, I ran after as Scootaloo was at ten and I crawled through the broken fence as Angel held it up so and I tip-hoofed into the chicken coop. While the chickens were awake they didn’t seem to be bothered by me.

Patiently and quietly I waited as Scootaloo walked around the coop, but as she was around the coop Fluttershy’s voice called, “No Scootaloo, let the chickens rest, they’ve had a busy and stressful night.

Yes Stare Master!” Scootaloo called back, leaving me to think that I‘m in trouble now, but it’s best to stay hidden for the time being.

Slowly I heard Sweetie Belle grown as she was found but then Angel showed up through the door with a nasty smirk. What was he doing here, I wondered.

But then it became clear as he rang a bell, making the chickens panic and scream in chicken, running around, feathers drooping all over and annoying my nose, I began sneezing. Trying to run out I tripped over something, and rolled out of the coop, chickens flying everywhere and Fluttershy hovering over the other side of the fence, not looking pleased with me, “I’m… I’m sorry Fluttershy, but it wasn’t my fault! Angel rang some sort of bell that made the chickens go crazy!” After I finished my speech I didn’t even want to get up, I felt ashamed.

First thing first Star,” Fluttershy said, “Please exit the chicken enclosement.” I did as I was told, and with Scootaloo holding the fence I crawled under and out. “Now, for the second thing, why were you in the chicken coop?” Fluttershy asked.

Angel showed me it was a good hiding spot.” I confessed.

Fluttershy nodded, “And I guess this was before I told Scootaloo not to go in there?” I nodded before she continued, “Why did you not go out when I told Scootaloo?

I began, “I- I…” but my throat hurt and my eyes burned, but I managed to squeeze out, “It was a good hiding spot, and the chickens didn’t seem to mind, but-” I signed and took a deep breath, “I’m sorry I didn’t go out, your chickens are more important than our game.

Thank you Star,” Fluttershy hugged me, as she padded my back, “I’m not angry, and I know Angel can be difficult sometimes, and he should know better as well, but I think you're a big filly for apologizing, even before I ask you too.” Fluttershy smiled.

Too bad Star,” Scootaloo said. I looked at her, very confused.

Ye’h Cutie Mark ain’t telling the truth.” Apple Bloom added.

I shook my head in confusion, and my attention back to Fluttershy and asked, “Do you need any help? Maybe with the chickens or something, to make up for what I did.

No worries Star, you fillies have fun playing.” Fluttershy said with a smile and guided me towards the others, I nodded and went over.

As I arrived I booped Scootaloo's muzzle and called, “You’re it!” and galloped away with a faint, ‘Hey!’ in the background.


For quite some time we played catch and ran around, I was so busy that I hadn’t even noticed Twilight had arrived or was writing what looked to be a long letter, as she and Fluttershy sat and had tea.

In my excitement of catching Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle, I ran past the newly arrived Rarity, who soon began to call out, but if Sweetie Belle doesn’t react, then the game is still on. Until Fluttershy’s gentle and memorable voice called, “Girls.” All of us galloped over to her and asked her if she needed anything to which she answered, “Go and get your things. Rarity is here to see you home.” We all nodded and headed for the bedroom.

Up in the bedroom the CMC quickly cleaned up the room to be spotless, then packed their things, all before I could do anything, but as I was entering the room they rushed to me, and in the blink of an eye, I had the cape on, from yesterday.

They hugged me as they said their goodbye, but as they walked downstairs I called, “Wait, girls?” They looked, “Promise me not to tell anypony else, not even your sisters.

In a fast motion, they group hugged me and said together, “We promise, Cutie Mark Crusaders forever, right?” They pulled their hooves out like so many times before.

I joined my hoof in and yelled with them, “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FOREVER! YAY!” We hugged and all ran downstairs.

At the entrance, the three fillies ran as they thanked Fluttershy, the Stare Master. As the three fillies ran outside of Fluttershy’s garden I focused on Rarity as she looked a bit uncomfortable, and Fluttershy sat with a white cat hissing and swinging it’s claw at me, I jumped to Twilight as Fluttershy said “No, Opalescence, that’s not how we treat our friends.” But the cat was definitely not a fan of me, so I decided to just stay clear of it.

You ready to go now Star?” Twilight asked.

I looked into her eyes and nodded, looking at Fluttershy I said, “Thank you for letting me stay Fluttershy. It was fun.

It sure was, but next time let's have you come over before you get turned to stone.” Fluttershy said.

I giggled and said, “Deal.

Rarity looked confused and wanted to say something, but looking behind her, Twilight said, “Don’t worry Rarity, I’ll send you the details before I sent the letter to the Princess, but you better catch those fillies.” Twilight giggled.

Rarity nodded and ran after the fillies and called for them to slow down, however, Twily and I walked together, talking about what happened since she went home and the rules at the toy store.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, been a busy year, but I hope to come back strong, without burning out :twilightblush:

And thank you so much everypony for reading and let me know if I make a mistake, it's a big story now :twilightblush: :twilightsmile:

Thank you to Luckyfanisaac for spell checking

PreviousChapters Next