• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,305 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,305

PreviousChapters Next
Day 16: To the castle:

I woke up, still with the bunny ear in my mouth, as Velvet stroked my mane, she said ‘’Morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?‘’

I nodded, spat the ear out and a bit embarrassed I said ‘’Yeah…‘’

‘’That’s good to hear, but I hope your ready for a big breakfast.‘’ I smiled and got up.

As I got up, I looked at the display table next to my door, the white vase was there, I had forgotten it was in my room, but as Velvet must have seen me she asked ‘’Would you like some flowers in your new vase sweetie?‘’

‘’Umm… What kind?‘’

‘’Lavender, it’s a flower that helps you to sleep better at night.‘’

‘’Oh, thanks.‘’ I smiled and we walked out of my room, with Flurry’s right ear in my mouth.

We walked down to the dining room where Night Light had finished to set the table.

As I ate Velvet asked ‘’Do you know what day it is?‘’

‘’No…?‘’ I said confused.

‘’It’s Friday, so you’ll get twenty-five bits in allowance.‘’ Velvet said.

I smiled, excited about the money, but as I thought back on yesterday, I felt that I deserved those bits and asked ‘’Are you sure? I mean, about yesterday.‘’

‘’Sweetie, we told you, you made a mistake yesterday and you were sent to bed earlier for that. But today is a new day and the thing about yesterday, it’s in the past.‘’ Velvet said with a smile.

Night Light continued as he sat his coffee down ‘’Your mom’s right you know.‘’ My heart skipped a beat as he continued ‘’It’s not healthy to judge yourself on your past, only to learn from it.‘’

‘’Night Light, honey.‘’ Velvet said surprised, which caused Night Light to rethink.

Before Night Light said anything, I said ‘’It’s okay, really.‘’

‘’Still, I’m sorry sweetie.‘’ Night Light said, I gave him a small smile and continued to eat my breakfast.

After breakfast I took Flurry and went back to my room as I needed to pack for the trip to the castle.

As I packed, my mind went back to what Night Light said, when he referred Velvet as my mom but as I thought more about it ‘It wasn’t a lie, they had technically adopted me and I know that my parents couldn’t be replaced, but could these ponies share the title as my parents? As my mom and dad?

A few knocks came and the voice of Velvet asked ‘’May I come in?‘’

‘’Of course, come on in.‘’ I said.

Velvet opened the door and entered, she walked over to me, sat down and said ‘’At breakfast, are you okay? After what happened.‘’

‘’Of course I am, it only took me by surprise, nothing else.‘’

‘’Alright, we just wanted to make sure you didn’t take it in a way, that we wanted you to call us mom and dad.‘’

‘’Thanks, it’s nice to know that you’re seeing me as your daughter… Even though I’m not.‘’

‘’Of course we see you as our daughter, but we also know that you’re going back to your real parents one day.‘’

‘’Yeah. One day… Umm… What did Twilight say about me?‘’

‘’Well… She said you were an adorable little filly, but you weren’t born in this world or as a pony. Also that the Princess’s are looking for a way for you to go home. Oh, almost forgot, she also told us that you weren’t a child, but guessed that you were a young adult.‘’ Velvet said.

As I was told, memories came back from my old life and when she was done, I felt as tears came out and as I tried to suppress them, I said ‘’Well, I don’t know about adorable, but-‘’

Velvet took me into a hug as she said ‘’It’s okay, it’s okay.‘’

As I realized she tried to comfort me I said ‘’Thanks, but I’m okay, it’s just something that happens what I think back on my old… My past.‘’

‘’Then I promise neither Night Light or I will bring it up.‘’

‘’Thanks and I’m okay if you would rather want to refer to Night Light as dad and yourself as mom.‘’

‘’Really? Are you sure?‘’ Velvet asked, I nodded with a small smile. Velvet smiled she said ‘’Well, I better go tell your dad then, be sure to be ready to go in an hour.‘’

‘’I will.‘’ I said and Velvet left my room.
As soon as the door closed, I heard as Velvet light skipped and giggled to herself, I couldn’t stop myself as I smiled and hoped that I had made the right choice.

I returned to my Daring Do book after I had packed my bag and only needed Flurry and the letter I should give at the entrance.

After many pages, a few knocks came and after Velvet asked if she could come in, I said ‘’Come in.‘’

She walked in and said ‘’Well, it’s soon time to go.‘’

‘’Alright, I only need to pack the letter, this book and Flurry.‘’

‘’Flurry?‘’ Velvet asked.

I felt myself become warm as I nodded and said ‘’Yeah, I named her Flurry this night.‘’

‘’It’s an adorable name.‘’ She looked at Flurry and as she was about to walk out again, she must had caught eyes on my dress and said ‘’Where did you get this dress from?‘’

‘’Oh Rarity, Twily’s friend, gave it to me.‘’

‘’It looks adorable… I bet you’ll look cute in it.‘’

‘’Huh?‘’

‘’You’re going to meet Princess Celestia, you need to be presentable and this dress will do the trick.‘’

‘’Oh… I hadn’t thought about that, are you sure?‘’

‘’I’m your mom, trust me.‘’ Velvet said with a smile.

‘’Alright then.‘’ I said before Velvet took me and my dress into their bedroom, which was definitely bigger than my bedroom and they had their own bathroom too, we walked inside their bathroom where Velvet had many feminine things, more things than I knew what was.

First Velvet washed me with a sponge and dried me, before I got a little bit of perfume, just at my neck and between my front legs and as it tickled, I giggled a bit. She got me in the dress and brushed my mane.
As Velvet brushed my mane, I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep.

I woke up again when Velvet was done and took me to a full length mirror and as I looked at myself, it wasn’t like when I did it in Rarity’s shop, but now my mane and tail was brushed. I loved it, I couldn’t believe what I saw.

‘’What do you think sweetie?‘’ Velvet asked.

‘’I love it.‘’ I answered with a huge grin on my face.

Velvet giggled a bit before she said ‘’Perfect, let’s get you to your meeting with the Princess.‘’ I nodded and we went back to my room, where Velvet placed Flurry in my saddlebag and placed the letter on top of Flurry.

After everything was triple checked by Velvet, she took my saddlebag with her magic and rested it on her back before we walked on our way downstairs.

As we walked down and before Night Light saw me, he said ‘’I was wondering what kept you gals, we have to-‘’ I locked eyes with Night Light and he only repeated himself ‘’We have to…‘’ I smiled and as I was downstairs Night Light hugged me as he said ‘’Sweetie, you look adorable.‘’

‘’Daaaad, you-‘’ I caught myself off ‘’I mean, you’re messing with my mane.‘’ I tried to correct myself, hoped they didn’t hear.

‘’Of course sweetie, sorry.‘’ He sat me down, but as I didn’t know what to say, I just stood there, before Night Light asked ‘’Dearest? Do you remember where the camera is?‘’

‘’I do believe it’s in the living room.‘’

‘’Perfect, this moment must be saved.‘’ He said as he walked into the living room and shortly after came back with an old fashioned, human, camera and held it in his magic and there were taken a few pictures of me, alone and with both ponies, only after we were on our way to the castle.

As we entered the main road to the castle, the castle became bigger and bigger, I remembered that I never saw it up close before, not when I came the first time, not when I left or while I had been here in Canterlot, I only had a good view of the castle back in the house, but never had I seen it up close.

We came closer and more and more guards in golden armor were either on patrol or on guard duty.

We came closer to the entrance to the castle’s grounds and guards talked to ponies, at one of five choke points, just before the walls of the castle grounds, but most went away after a small talk.

As it was my turn next the pony in front of us left, just like most of the other ponies who said something about, that they would wait till tomorrow, to do something.

As it was now my turn, the guard asked ‘’Greetings, what is your intention to enter the castle grounds?‘’

‘’Hi, I got a letter that I should give to you.‘’

‘’Show me.‘’ I nodded and Velvet levitated the letter to me and I gave it to the guard, his eyes opened up in almost a shock, he quickly composed himself and said as he gave me the letter back ‘’Here you go miss., I will make sure that you get to your destination.‘’

‘’Thank you sir.‘’ I said before I turned around and saw that Velvet came closer and we hugged goodbye.

When Velvet pulled away, she narrowed her eyes on something on my face and used her hoof and cleaned my chin before she said ‘’Now you’re beautiful.‘’

‘’Thanks.‘’ I said.

I turned to Night Light, we hugged before he said ‘’Now remember that we’re coming here tomorrow to pick you up around 1 pm. Okay?‘’ I nodded and we all hugged.

After the shared hug, I turned towards the guard, who waited patiently and as he levitated my saddlebag over, I said ‘’I’m ready.‘’

‘’Follow me, miss. Sparkle.‘’ I looked back to Velvet and Night Light and waved goodbye before I turned back and followed the guard.

We walked inside the castle and walked a bit before we came across a few ponies who were woar black and white french maid uniforms.

One light gray unicorn mare with sea blue and light blue in her mane and tail, came over to the guard and I, as the guard said ‘’Ms. Dawn, this is miss. Sparkle, she has an audition with Princess Celestia and I need you to get her a room in wing five and be there if she need anything.‘’

She bowed to me and said ‘’Of course, follow me miss. Sparkle.‘’

‘’You lead the way.‘’ I said and she levitated my saddlebag, as I walked after her.

After a while the sound of nothing got to me and I asked ‘’So, ms. Dawn, do you have a first name?‘’

‘’Yes, my full name is Selena Dawn, but please, call me ms. Dawn.‘’

‘’It’s nice to meet you ms. Dawn, I’m Star Sparkle.‘’

‘’It’s nice to meet you too miss. Sparkle.‘’

‘’So how long have you been working here?‘’

‘’For about twenty-five years, so you could say I know my way around. Is it your first time in the castle?‘’

I hesitated ‘’... Yes, it’s weird being here.‘’ I maybe shouldn’t say I had been here before.

Hallways came and went until we were at a corridor and the sign said ‘Level 5: Residents 2.’ As I asked ‘’Do other ponies live here as well?‘’

‘’No, this whole corridor is at the moment, empty.‘’

‘’Is there a difference between residents one and two?‘’

‘’The biggest difference would be that residents one, they all go to Princess Celestia’s School For Gifted Unicorns and as their parents don’t live in Canterlot they chose to live here.‘’ We came to my door and as ms. Dawn opened the door she said ‘’But mainly residents 2, they have much bigger rooms and don’t necessarily got to the school.‘’

It wasn't as big as my room on level 9, but I still had a balcony, my own bathroom, a big bed with some canopy at the top and what looked to be very soft pillows on the bed.

As I looked around ms. Dawn placed my saddlebag next to my bed and said ‘’I’ll wait outside until you’re ready to go and see the Princess.‘’

I nodded and after she left my room I went to my saddlebag and emptied it’s content onto the floor, placed Flurry back in the saddlebag and with that done I called ‘’Ms. Dawn!‘’

She opened the door and came in ‘’Yes miss. Sparkle? Is something not to your liking?‘’

‘’Oh no, I’m ready to go now, I just need my saddlebag with me.‘’

‘’Of course, but before we go I have this for you,‘’ A small golden bell came and she levitated it over to me, I took it as she continued ‘’Whenever you will need me just ring the bell and I, or somepony else, will come.‘’

‘’Thanks, do I need to use magic?‘’

‘’No, you only need to want me to come and then shake it.‘’

‘’I can do that.‘’

She smiled ‘’Very good, come with me.‘’ She levitated my saddlebag and we walked out my door, she closed it and continued ‘’Please, place your hoof on the door knob.‘’ I did and a blue glow came on my hoof and the door knob.

When it disappeared ms. Dawn said ‘’There we go, now you just need to wanting to lock the door while you hold the door knob.‘’

I focused on wanting to lock the door and after a few seconds I took a step back, ms. Dawn came over and tried to open it, she couldn’t and with that over, I followed ms. Dawn.

We didn’t walk for long before we came to a huge double door where ms. Dawn gave me my saddlebag and said ‘’Wait here.‘’ I nodded before she walked inside and closed the door.

Out in the hallway, I practiced on my bow, the first time I again landed on my face, but the second time I didn’t and it felt more natural.

After a short time ms. Dawn came back out and said ‘’Princess Celestia is ready to see you now miss. Sparkle.‘’

‘’Thank you ms. Dawn.‘’ I took my saddlebag in my mouth and walked through the open door and was in a hallway that led to the right and one that led to the left.

The one on my right was night themed and the one on my left was day themed, as I believed Celestia was the one on my left I walked towards her room.

As I came closer I saw a clear sun symbol on the golden double door.

PreviousChapters Next