• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,305 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,305

PreviousChapters Next
Buck:

After dinner and with my muzzle cleaned again, I said ‘’Thank you for dinner, may I go to my room?‘’

But to my surprise Velvet said ‘’Not yet, Star, do you have something you wish to tell us first?‘’

I got confused and asked ‘’No, what should that be?‘’

‘’About a vase, maybe?‘’ The sound of the vase, when it broke, came back to me and my heart dropped, Velvet then continued ‘’Well?‘’

‘’I, um…‘’ I lowered my head ‘How did they know?! But it was over now’ and said ‘’I broke the white vase, with blue stripes.‘’

‘’Why didn’t you tell us?‘’

‘’I didn’t want to make a bad first impression.‘’

‘’And lying to us, was a better first impression?‘’

‘’No…‘’ I muttered, I knew they were mad, but they didn’t have to say it so I said
‘’And you don’t have to say it, I’ll talk to Princess Celestia.‘’

‘’About what?‘’ Velvet asked.

I looked at them both and felt tiny ‘’That you don’t want me, but I’ll be sure to tell-‘’

Both then hugged me, as Night Light said ‘’Why would you think that sweetie?‘’

I felt tears as they started to come out and I said ‘’But I broke the vase, and lied, why would you want me?‘’

‘’Oh sweetie, you made a mistake, yes, we were a bit surprised when we heard the vase and when you didn’t tell us and that you were going to the marketplace, instead of a small walk in our neighborhood, but we wanted to give you until dinner to tell the truth, but you didn’t. But we would never send you away just because of that. Little fillies make mistakes and as your parents we have a responsibility over you, one that will never go away. We’re sorry that you felt you couldn’t tell us, because you didn’t want to make a bad first impression.‘’ Velvet said.

‘’A-are you sure?‘’ I asked.

Night Light then said with a warm smile ‘’Definitely, we had two ponies before you and your big brother have done worse.‘’

‘’But I still think, a little punishment is called for.‘’ Velvet said, I swallowed as I was afraid on how I would react, Night Light nodded as Velvet continued ‘’So, instead of your bedtime at 8 pm, tonight it’s 7 pm.‘’ I looked at the clock, it was about 6 pm now and Velvet continued ‘’And no cookie tonight.‘’ But as I wondered why they had cookies in the first place, I remembered Twilight said it was passed through generations, so it made sense.
The hug ended and as we walked into the living room where Velvet continued ‘’How much did it cost?‘’

‘’It said forty bits on the sign, but I only have five bits left.‘’

‘’How’s that possible?‘’

‘’First I put thirty bits on the counter, then I got the last ten, but then there was only thirty-five bits on the counter and the pony said I tried to swindle her.‘’

‘’Hmm… Sounds like she swindled you.‘’ She looked at Night Light and he nodded as she continued ‘’Well, since you paid for it, then you’ll get the vase to be on full display in your room.‘’

Night Light gave me a smile ‘’To remind you.‘’ He levitated the vase off the fireplace and walked up the stairs, towards my room.

‘’If you only had told us, then you would have saved 45 bits as we were planning on switching it out with another one anyway.‘’ Velvet said.

When Night Light came back down he held something in his magic, my plush, he gave it to me and a box as he said ‘’Now with that out of the way, let's have a nice family evening, with hot cocoa, candy and a board game.‘’ I got a smile on my face, it had been a long time since that was the case in my world.

As Night Light started the fireplace, Velvet made hot cocoa and I helped, to the best of my ability, to get the candy and when Velvet and I came back, Night Light had already made a spot for me to sit with my plush and I got on and family fun night began.

A long time later, when I was winning this pony version of monopoly, but still called monopoly, Velvet said ‘’It’s 7:15, so it’s bedtime for you Star.‘’

As I remembered why it was so early, I lowered my head as I said ‘’Oh, yeah…‘’

But on a instant, I was lifted up onto Velvet’s back as she said ‘’Remember sweetie, it was only a mistake.‘’ We walked up to the bathroom and it looked way better than the bathroom in Ponyville.

As I thought back on Ponyville, my eyes started to get warm, my throat began to hurt and as I blinked a few tears came down, I was immediately hugged by Velvet as she whispered softly ‘’You miss Twilight?‘’ I slowly nodded and Velvet said ‘’I’m sure she misses you too, but isn’t that why you have your little bunny?‘’ As she levitated my plush over to me, I hugged it, like I hugged Twilight and as I felt more relaxed, Velvet brushed my teeth.

After Velvet had brushed my teeth, we walked into my room and as I lay my plush on the floor next to my display table as Velvet asked ‘’Don’t you want to sleep with her?‘’

‘’No, I just need her close by.‘’ I said as I didn’t want to have it near me.

Velvet smiled and got me in bed, pulled the covers up over me and tucked me in, but it wasn’t the same as when Twilight did it, but still felt nice.

Velvet kissed me on the cheek as she hummed a melody, one I knew from when I sobbed on Twilight, it was really nice and slowly, soon I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up in my room as the faint moonlight came in, I looked to my door and saw that the lights outside my door were turned off. There was no sound that could have awakened me and I was still really tired, so I twisted and turned as I tried to get back to sleep.

After some time I was still awake and as I just couldn’t go back to sleep, I grew annoyed, so I lay on my back and just stared into the ceiling, but nothing looked interesting.

I turned and looked at my room, but when I saw it, I didn’t look elsewhere, that pink bunny plush, I really wanted to destroy it, but as I couldn’t sleep, I sat up on my butt, on my bed and just looked at the plush.
I tilted my head and waited for it to do something, like it would be normal, but it didn’t move.

As I thought about how much this plush meant to me and those times I woke up with it’s ear in my mouth, I looked at the floor, ‘Could it be that I can’t sleep without it, I was able to sleep before I got it, but then I had Twilight or I was a human, but could I need it now?’ I looked back up at the plush.

I decided to test it and jumped down on the floor, walked over to my plush and picked it up, I looked into its eyes as Twilight’s voice asked me ‘’Does she have a name yet?‘’

‘’No Twilight, only babies give their plushis names.‘’I remembered before I snapped myself out of it.

I looked into the plush’s eyes and whispered ‘’Flurry?‘’ For some reason it just fitted the pink bunny plush and I took Flurry’s right ear with my mouth and walked back to my bed, threw her on my bed and jumped up myself.

On my bed I got myself comfortable under the covers and hugged Flurry into my chest.

After a few minutes, I still couldn’t sleep, even though I still was so tired. I lifted Flurry into the air and looked at her, I noticed her right ear and thought it could work, I licked my lips for the last time, opened my mouth and took the right ear in, I allowed my mouth too close to a comfortable position, I then hugged Flurry, liked I hugged Twilight and with all the love of it.

Slowly I fell asleep, as I heard and felt it while I sucked the ear.

PreviousChapters Next