• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 9,292 Views, 548 Comments

Afterlife - Star Sparkle



The story of Stef the human's journey of discovery and self discovery, and of the unlikely bond that forms between him and Twilight.

  • ...
36
 548
 9,292

PreviousChapters Next
Real Magic Time:

I entered the library and as I walked upstairs, I saw as Twilight read, she turned to see me and asked ‘’Did you have a fun day?‘’

I placed the box on the ground and responded ‘’Yeah, Applejack is really nice and Pinkie Pie is really sweet, and I think I made another friend.‘’

Twilight looked curious as she asked ‘’Really, who?‘’

As I thought she might had planned this I said ‘’Apple Bloom, Applejack’s little sister.‘’

Her excitement could be heard as she said ‘’Oh… I’m so proud of you and was it really that bad being a filly?‘’

I could only tell the truth as I responded ‘’To be honest, when I was with Pinkie and didn’t think about it, it was really fun.‘’

Twilight smiled as she said ‘’Well, for being such a good filly today, are you ready to learn magic?‘’

‘’I am.‘’ I responded and warm purple light surrounded me and forced me to close my eyes.

As I opened my eyes, I saw a field of grass and Twilight a short meter away, I asked ‘’Twilight, where are we?‘’

‘’Star, your magic is powerful and here we are a bit away from everypony, so we can train here… Now, I want to know what made you temporarily overload your magic yesterday?‘’ Twilight said.

I thought back on yesterday and said ‘’When you came into my room and touched me, it scared me, because I was reminded of the bear at Fluttershy's and then it just happened.‘’

She looked down and thought before she said ‘’Yes, our magic is tied to our emotions, the stronger the emotions, the stronger magic, but too strong emotions and no control or experience, that is called raw magic, powerful, but dangerous. Refined magic however is what we use when we lift a spoon, a book it’s even how the Princesses are moving the sun and moon.‘’ After she had allowed me to take it in she continued ‘’Today I will teach you how to feel your magic and in the end make a light. Are you ready?‘’ I nodded and she continued ‘’Good, now close your eyes and focus on my voice.‘’ I closed my eyes and only focused on her voice as she continued ‘’Good, do you remember the feeling of magic from yesterday?‘’

‘’Yes, but it’s scary.‘’ I said as I thought back.

‘’Yes, yesterday you were using fear in your magic, but do you also remember when you held my hoof and were in my embrace?‘’ Twilight asked.

‘’Ye-yes.‘’ I stuttered as I remembered back.

‘’I want you to focus on those feelings, let them flow through you, let them embrace you.‘’ I did as she said and focused on all that love I felt, while I held my focus, it became more and more difficult as time went past.
I felt as my whole body began to sweat and heard as Twilight said ‘’Good, hold your focus and try and open your eyes.‘’ I held my focus as Twilight said and as I opened my right eye there was a mirror and now with both my eyes opened, I looked at my horn, it glowed a pink aura.
As soon as I saw it, I lost my focus, the aura disappeared and I fell down to the ground and breathed heavily.
Twilight then came next to me and lay her leg around me as she embraced and said ‘’Well done Star, I’m stunned that this is really your first try.‘’

Still breathing heavily I asked ‘’Really?‘’ She nodded and allowed me to rest next to her.

Some time passed as my heartbeat had slowed down to its normal speed and Twilight asked ‘’Are you ready to try and make your light?‘’

I nodded and said ‘’Yeah, I’m ready.‘’ Twilight gave me a sweet smile before she stood up and I followed.

As I stood Twilight said ‘’For this exercise, I need you to first look at my horn.‘’ I did so and at the tip of her horn there came a purple-ish light and she continued ‘’Now that you know what it will look like, I want you to close your eyes and imagined a light on your own horn and to feel it.‘’ I closed my eyes again and imagined myself in front of a mirror and it was the same mirror from my room in Canterlot, I got the feelings back from that morning and slowly I felt, as I was losing control, tears came out of my eyes until something soft came to my ear and I heard a heartbeat.

With my eyes still closed, I saw a small mirror, held with a purple glow and I saw my horn and as I began to focus, I saw a white light on my horn.
Twilight, who was clearly closer to me now whispered ‘’Hold you focus and open your eyes.‘’ As I opened my eyes, I again saw Twilight had a mirror in front of me, but I only got a glimpse of the light. I saw that it was pink, but I lost my focus and fell down to the ground due to exhaustion.

As I caught my breath I felt Twilight next to me, as I breathed slowly again and tried to move she said ‘’Easy there Star, are you okay?‘’

I nodded while saying ‘’I am, thanks.‘’

As I looked at her, she smiled softly and said ‘’I’m happy to hear that, you did great today, but you will still need more training to focus your skills and therefore, I will then allow you to do these exercises, even if I’m not there.‘’

‘’Thanks, I will do better next time.‘’ I said, maybe even more to myself.

‘’Just remember, it's only your emotions you should focus on, so don’t try and make a more powerful light, you are strong enough to make a normal light.‘’ Twilight said.

‘’I promise Twilight.‘’ We gave each other a smile before a purple flash came and we were back in the library.

Spike came over to us and asked ‘’So Star, how was your first magic lesson?‘’

As I looked for the box I got from Pinkie I answered ‘’Better than expected actually, oh and by the way, do you know where my box is, the one I came home with from Pinkie’s?‘’

He got a nervous smile on, as he said ‘’Well, about that, I didn’t know what was in it, but they smelled so delicious and I couldn’t stop myself, so I maybe took a few too many.‘’

My eyes opened up completely as I scolded ‘’Spike! I was planning on sharing them with both of you. But you ate all ten of them?‘’

As I saw his eyes, he knew that he had messed up as he said ‘’I’m sorry Star, they were just so delicious.‘’

I sighed as I didn’t want to get mad, but still, and I said ‘’It’s fine, Spike, really. I’m glad you enjoyed them.‘’ I looked at Twilight I continued ‘’it’s just a shame that Twilight couldn't try any.‘’

As I was about to go to my room Spike spoke up ‘’Star wait, I only said that I had a few too many, but not all of them, there are still two left.‘’ He then went for the kitchen and came back, as he said, with two cupcakes and gave them to us, I held my hoof up and Spike placed the cupcake on it.

After we ate our cupcake, which Twilight said that she loved, I then went to my room and saw that my bed was finally here, but I took the book out to my balcony and began to read what I missed yesterday, before the magical outburst.

Hours passed while I read on my balcony, when suddenly Twilight called to say that dinner was ready and as I walked back into my room, I saw the bed again and began to almost miss sleeping with Twilight.

While we ate, I had the thought back in my head to sleep alone tonight, Twilight obviously noticed as she asked ‘’Star, is everything alright?‘’

As I munched on a piece of salad I said ‘’Yeah, I’m fine.‘’

But she became all motherly and said that I shouldn’t talk with my mouth full before she asked ‘’How about after your bath and at your bedtime I read more Daring Do?‘’

As I didn’t care for the story, I shrugged my shoulders and with no food in my mouth, I said ‘’Sure.‘’

As I took another piece of salad, Twilight looked concerned at me, before she said worried ‘’Star please, don’t lie to me. Yesterday you seemed happy about me reading Daring Do, but I can find another book if you want to, you just need to talk to me about it.‘’

I didn’t really know how to say it, but said ‘’I don’t really mind what you read, I know it’s not the story I fall asleep to.‘’ I ate another piece of fruit, as Twilight muttered something under her breath, but I couldn’t really hear what.

As I was now done with my dinner I asked to leave the table and Twilight said ‘’Alright, I will then find something else to read, I will also call when your bath is ready.‘’

I nodded and afterwards said ‘’Okay, I’ll be in my room, as I’m almost done with make your first light.‘’

As I went into my room Twilight proudly said ‘’That’s great sweetie.‘’

PreviousChapters Next