• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 31,895 Views, 2,102 Comments

Good Things Come - Sweet Tale



Human x Luna story - Teen rated.

  • ...
128
 2,102
 31,895

PreviousChapters Next
4. Realisations

*snore*

*snore*

*sno--*

"Owww...."

My slumber ceased as a dull pain throbbed in my side. I lifted my head slighlty and glanced at the wall to look at the clock. "2:45...ugh..."

I lay my head back down to go back to sleep. Yeah, as if. Minutes passed but the pain remained. I could now feel it in my arm and my leg. Everywhere that's damaged.

"Great. I suppose this won't go away easily." I groggily muttered.




Looking at the wall again. "4:15...oh, come on...let me sleeeeeep..."

Many more minutes passed and I eventually gave up and decided to observe my surroundings. Looking around the room, I can see...well...nothing. The only source of light was the glow of the heart monitor next to me.

"Ahaha...it sure is dark in here..." I whispered to myself. I closed my eyes and thought back on the previous days events.

"At least I'm being taken care of......that Twilight was friendly......oh yeah, she's c-c-coming to see me ag...again..." I spoke in a low voice, eventually turning into a tone of fear. I was scared. Terrified.

'Why am I getting scared now? I was fine yesterday. Talking away like they were my best friends...'

I'd never been more scared in my life. The sudden realisation of the whole situation hit me like a freight train. Injured and stranded on an alien world, no other people here, magical talking ponies...this is the stuff of nightmares. I felt something fall down my cheek - like a drop. Tears...tears of fear. I hadn't cried in years, not since watching Forrest Gump. (yeah, yeah, yeah)

I pulled the cover over myself to mask the tears and try to get some sleep before the sun rose.



It never came. Looking at the clock again, it read 6:30. The pain was still there, throbbing away causing me to wince every so often. Glancing at the window, I saw streaks of light shining through the gaps of the blind. Reminded me of the crepuscular rays I used to see over the sea. The beeping of the heart monitor echoed around the room just to remind me of how alone I am...although I wasn't for long.

I heard the echoing footsteps of something. Getting louder and louder, I assumed that it was coming my way. The door slowly pushed open and a familiar tan coloured pony walked in. I immediately focused my eyes on the doctor's eyes and froze in fear. My face would have said it all.

"Good morning Owen, nice to see you're aw...are you ok?" he asked in a tone of concern.

"I...I d-don't know. I'm s-s-scared. I'm in...pain and...and..." I replied with my teeth chattering away.

"Ok, ok, just calm down, you'll be fine." the doctor said approaching me slowly with a hoof outstretched towards me. I recoil slightly.

"N-NO! Just...stay away..." I warned him.

"Ok, you really are scared. What are you scared about? There's no need to be afraid of anything here."

"Well...it's just everything. B-Being stranded on a different world without a clue as to how I got here...the whole 'magical talking ponies' ordeal and...and I wasn't afraid yesterday. Like when I was talking to you and Twilight, we spoke like we'd known each other all our lives...and this pain is killing me!"

The doctor paced for a bit, musing over his thoughts.

"Hmm, well I've probably said this already but you have nothing to fear here, you are quite safe. As for the pain, I have no reason as to why.....ohhhh, of course!" He face-hoofed.

"W-what? What is it?"

"When you were first brought here, I examined your body and deduced that I needed to use the healing spell to heal your bones. Now this is normally a slightly painful experience so I used two spells. I first used the healing spell...then used a sedative spell to quell the pain. I didn't know how your body would react to the sedative so I used an average dose but it looks to have worn off. Also, I think the sedative may have affected your emotions as well which caused you to speak to us as if we were your long-time friends. Now that it has worn off, your true emotions have shown."

"...Right...that explains a lot...wore off at the worst time though. I only had about 5 hours sleep and I've been awake since about 3AM..."

"Oh really? You know, you could have called for a nurse with this buzzer here." He walked forward and rose his hoof to a device on the headboard of the bed. I flinched slightly when he approached which didn't go unnoticed.

"Owen, if you really are that scared, do you want me to use the sedative spell again so you can interact with myself and others? he asked.

I thought about this for a bit. 'Should I do it? It'd give me the chance to talk to the doctor and Twilight again......no. I need to do this by myself. Time to man up.'

I looked at the doctor straight in the eyes. "No. No I don't. I can't have the spell being used on me for the rest of the time I am here. I need to face the situation head on and not be afraid. As you said, there's nothing to fear here."

The doctor gave me a huge smile. "That's very courageous of you. You'll be laughing and joking in no time." He began to walk out of the room.

"Doctor Stitch, wait." The doctor returned to my bedside. "I know this may be a stupid question but you wouldn't happen to know a sleep spell would you? It's just that I REALLY want some sleep and I don't think I could with this pain."

"I do know a sleep spell and a pretty effective one at that. How long do you want to sleep for?", he asked politely.

"Well, Twilight is coming to see me at midday and it's...seven o'clock now so...half eleven?", I replied.

"No problem. Now, lay down flat and rest your head on the pillow. Believe me, when this spell hits, that's it. You'll be out like a light." The doctor charged up his horn and shone a blue light towards me. He wasn't kidding. The moment I saw it...I was out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on slowpony, we'll only get one shot at this.

I'm coming, I'm coming. Not exactly easy to carry this you know.

Ok, now set it down. This is gonna be awesome!

Shhh! Don't wake it...

Oh it's fine, I saw the doctor use a sleep spell on it. Ohhh, I'm so glad Twilight told us about this thing.

Me too! It's like our own little experiment.

Yeah! Ok, now lift it's hand and put it in.

Okie-dokie-lokie!

It's not working...huh. Maybe it doesn't...oh! LOOK!

*GASP* It worked!

BWAHAHAH!

AHAHAHA!

Quick! Let's get out of here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was now nearing it's maximum ascent. The rays of golden light shone through the window, illuminating all in sight. I slowly opened my eyes to the view of clock. "11:30 exactly. Wow, that worked perfectly." I mumbled.

I gazed to the window to marvel in the sun's rays but the light was too bright and I covered my eyes with my wet hand. Wait...wet hand?

I looked to where my hand once was and noticed a small bowl of water. Looking at my hand, my skin was very wrinkly from absorbing a lot of water. "Huh, why would that be here? And why would my hand be in...oh no...please no!" The memory of prank from my childhood flooded to me.

I slowly lifted the blanket and looked down towards my midsection and sure enough...yep. There it was. A huge yellow patch. The bed, blanket and my boxer shorts were just soaked......and it smelt terrible. I put the blanket back down and reached for the buzzer and pressed it once - hearing a bell ring outside of the room. "Who would do something like this? I'm in a bloody hospital for christ sake..."

Nurse Redheart entered the room and walked over to my bedside. "Yes Owen, how may I--*sniff*--what is that ghastly odour?

I pointed to the bowl. "Somebody thought it'd be funny to put my hand in a bowl of water which causes..." I lift up the blanket to show the offending area. "Causes me to piss myself!" I state with a slight hint of anger.

Redheart immediately looked extremely concerned. "Oh Owen! I am so sorry that somepony did this to you. I'll be right back!" She darted out of the room and raised conversation was soon heard between herself and a male.

Redheart and Stitch walked back in. Redheart was pushing a cart. The doctor was first to address me. "I cannot apologise enough for the situation Owen. I swear I'll find whoever did this to you. I have a fair idea who it is already..." he said with slight annoyance.

"Oh, believe me. When you do find them, bring 'em to me. I'll have a few choice words for them." I said with a smirk.

"Noted. Now hold tight a second."

A blue aura enveloped me and I was levitated off the bed and onto a blanket on the floor "AHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed at him, completely shocked by my sudden rise.

He looked up at me with a grin. "Relax it's fine. We're just going to clean you up and put you in a clean bed. Nurse Redheart?"

The nurse walked up to me and sat down next to me. Her front hooves were covered in what I can assume is the pony equivalent of a latex glove. She reached towards my boxer shorts and grabbed them with her hooves.

"HEY! Can we leave those on please, thank you!" I scolded her.

"Well how am I supposed to clean you then?", she deadpanned.

She was right. I did need to take them off. I couldn't exactly sit around for 2 days wearing urine-soaked underwear.

"Well...ok, fine. Do you have something I can use to cover up my...my..." I trailed off. "Your what?" the nurse replied. "You know...my...private area" I replied quietly.

The nurse giggled. "Sweetie, look around. Are any of us wearing clothes?" Damn. She's got me there.

"Ok, ok. Just do what you need to."

She gently pulled off my boxer shorts, carefully over the plaster cast on my left leg, exposing my manhood. How I felt at that moment...embarrased would be a massive understatement. I couldn't even move my arm to cover it as the doctor was holding me in place with his magic. The nurse took a bowl of water and a sponge from her cart. She dipped the sponge in the water and turned towards me. Slowly, she began to rub my lower body all over with the warm water.

To be honest, it felt quite nice. I would have thought my first sponge bath with a lady would be in the red light district of Amsterdam but oh well, take what you get given. She began with my legs, working her way up towards my thighs. She eventually got the mid-section. Oh boy.

I thought she'd be embarrassed to do this but I suppose in this profession, this isn't the worst you have to deal with. She washed my backside first. Then came the strange part. She began by scrubbing around my private parts, washing away every offensive mark and smell. I closed my eyes, hoping that it would finish soon. I felt the sponge moving all around going up and down, up and down, up-- 'NO! Stop thinking like that! She's just doing her job!'

I then felt a piece of cloth move around my leg. Opening my eyes, I see that the nurse has got a towel and is drying me off. After a few minutes, she moves the towel back onto ther cart. "There! All done!", she said with a smile. The Doctor moved me towards a new bed and set me down in a sitting up position. He then levitated the blanket over me.

"Thank you, both of you. I really appreciate what you did...although now I have no clothes..." I solemnly said.

"Ah, don't worry about it. I'll get those shorts washed and returned to you before the day is out." The doctor walked away and headed out of the door.

I rested my head on the headrest and let out a huge sigh. "Well, that was a hell of an experience..." I spoke out loud to nobody.

Looking at the clock, it read 11:55. I was looking forward to seeing Twilight again. Even though the sedative had worn off and I had retained my original emotions, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be. Maybe that sleep did me some good.

Sure enough, five minutes later, a knock was heard at the door. "Come in!" I shouted. A purple mare walked in with a saddlebag on her back, filled to the brim with various bits and bobs. I smiled at her with a bit of unease. Twilight noticed this immediately.

"Owen, are you feeling ok?", she asked inquisitively.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that yesterday, I was under the influence of a sedative which made me happy and easy to interact with. It's worn off now so I may seem a little different..." I replied breaking eye contact.

"Oh I see. Do you want me to come back later when you feel up to it?"

"No. No, it's fine. I need to do this now or I'll always be uneasy and afraid of everyone." We exchanged awkward looks to each other. Twilight sat down on a nearby chair and set her saddlebags on the floor.

"....So. Did you show the Princess what I told you yesterday?" I asked. This made Twilight's face light up.

"Yes I did. She was amazed with the responses that you gave to the questions I asked. She'd never heard of Earth before and she wants to learn so much more about you. She also wants to meet you when you've fully recovered." she replied, smiling all the time.

"Well that's good to know. I look forward to meeting her." I looked over at her saddlebags. "What's in the bags?"

Twilight picked up the bags and pulled out book after book after book. At least 20 were put onto my bedside stand. "I thought you could do with a little reading. I've bought some Equestrian history books, some books about magic and...oh! Some fictional books. I'm sure you'll like these."

I scanned the books over, observing the titles. "The History of Equestria, The A-Z of Equestrian Creatures, The Equestrian Magic Guide...these'll keep me going for years. It'll take me ages to read all of these." I said in a tone of shock.

"I just thought you could read up on some history of our world whilst you're here. I've read all of these books at least 4 times. I know all there is to know. If you don't want to read history first, try these books. They're a fictional series called Daring Do. It's about a treasure hunter who explores the world looking for the rarest treasures and defeating bad guys."

"Huh...you know, we've got a book series like this too back on Earth called Indiana Jones. Basically the same principle."

*GASP* "Otherworldly books...ohhh I must have them...." She looks at you and clears her throat. I try to stifle a giggle but I laugh anyway, which she joins in. Twilight then sniffs the air and scrunches up her face. "EW! What is that horrible smell? It smells like somepony--"

"Yep, that's right. I wet myself. Somebody thought it'd be funny to play a prank on me. They put my hand in a bowl of water which caused me to...well you know." Twilight looked shocked. "Oh that's terrible. I couldn't imagine anypony working for the hospital would do such a horrible thing. The only other ponies who know you are here are myself, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie and..." Twilight's expression immediately turned sour and her stare could kill a man at a hundred paces.

"I don't believe it! I told them about you in good faith and they go and do this? I...ARGH!" She hits the bed with her hoof, retracting it with pain afterwards. "What's wrong? Do you know who did this?" I asked.

She looked me square in the eye. "Oh...I know who did this...and they will pay for it. Look, I'll go and get them to apologise to you. Nopony deserves this, especially not somepony like you." I blushed at that last statement. At that moment, the doctor walks in.

"What's all this noise then?" he inquires.

"Twilight knows who did the prank this morning." Twilight confirms this with a sharp nod.

"Well, I hope you find them and make them know we're not happy with them. Now Owen, I've been listening to you and you sound like you are coping well."

He's right. I didn't realise it until now. "I do...wow that was fast. I feel much better than this morning."

"That's great. Now, how is the pain?"

"To be honest, it's gone. Slight twinges here and there but the majority of it has gone."

"Excellent. Then I suppose I can take the cast off now then. I can check how your leg has healed."

The doctor enveloped the cast with his magic and it slowly came apart like a frayed lace.

"Ok Owen, now try and move your leg. Slowly." the doctor ordered. Knowing the pain which I caused last time I tried to move my leg, I wasn't so sure but I persevered anyway. I slowly lifted my leg...slowly...a bit more and up....no pain.

"It doesn't hurt at all! No pain!" I happily shouted. Twilight looked at me with a hearty grin.

The doctor looked very pleased. "Wonderful! The healing spell has worked faster than I imagined. Now try and twist your leg along with your foot." I did so and once again, no pain. The doctor then unwraveled my arm sling. My arm was still against my chest. "Ok, now this one may be a bit tricky. Try and extend your arm."

I slowly moved my arm. Straightening it ever so slowly, I could feel a click coming. My arm got to the one o'clock position when a large click was heard. The doctor and Twilight both looked frightened as I continued extending my arm, lifting it and then twisting it.

"Nothing! Doesn't hurt at all!" I was over the moon.

"That's brilliant!" He unbandaged my chest as well, exposing my skin. "Well then, you should be fine to leave as soon as tomorrow morning. Miss Sparkle, I understand that you are to take care of him?"

I looked at Twilight with confusion. 'She was going to care for me? What does that mean?'

"That's right. The Princess has asked me to set up my guest room for him so he may live with me." She turned to face me. "I'll have everything set up for you tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!"

"I...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much." I leant down towards Twilight and pulled her into a hug. She responding my wrapping her legs around my neck and hugging back. It felt strange but it felt right. I released the hug and faced the doctor. "Thank you for healing me and taking care of me. I really appreciate it." I put my hand out to shake his hand but he looked confused by the gesture. He held up his hoof towards me. Twilight nudged my side. "Close your hand and bump his hoof." she said quietly. I did so and the doctor looked pleased.

"Glad to be of service Owen. Good day to you both." With that, he walked out of the room.

"Well then, I have to be off. I have a spa date with a certain pony and she can't be left waiting. I'll be here tomorrow to collect you." Twilight said to me.

"Ok then. Have fun! See you tomorrow." Twilight began to walk off before a though crossed my mind.

"Wait! Erm...just a thought, but I haven't got any clothes to wear. I haven't got fur like you so I can't keep--"

Twilight raised her hoof. "It's no problem, we've got it covered. When you first arrived here, the doctor asked a friend of mine to make some new clothes for you. She scanned your body with a measuring spell and took the remains of your old clothes for samples. She completed them a few days ago. I'll be sure to bring them by tomorrow." She then walked out of the room.

"She...made me some new clothes? Wow..." This was unreal. Within nearly a week of being in this world, I've been healed from near death, I've made new friends, I've got a place to live and peop--ponies are making gifts for me.

I sat back in the bed, stretching my body. "This truly is a great place."

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. I started reading the Daring Do books. Twilight was right, these are amazing books and they are just like Indiana Jones. Before long, I noticed it had gotten dark and the clock read 10:00. I put down the book onto the nightstand and lay down for a good night's sleep.

PreviousChapters Next