• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 31,840 Views, 2,102 Comments

Good Things Come - Sweet Tale



Human x Luna story - Teen rated.

  • ...
128
 2,102
 31,840

PreviousChapters Next
47. Last Second Nerves

Monday, 3rd June, 2013

Tomorrow was the day. Tomorrow was the start of my educational career. Why a Tuesday? Not sure. There was a certain time in my life when I wanted to be a teacher, teaching kids information that they will need in the future. But that part of me died during secondary school when I saw how badly the students treated the staff. No way was I going to be the subject of abuse and neglect.

But now I have a chance. A chance to fufill my young dream and give kids what they need. So...over the past few weeks, Cheerilee and Twilight have been lending me various books and tomes relating to what I will be teaching the kids. Equestrian history, cutie marks, race origins, geography - anything that was to be learnt, I had a book for it. Suppose it was a great fortune that I was close friends with the town's resident librarian!

Despite increasing my knowledge of Equestrian history by tenfold, it was still nervewracking to think that I was solely responsible for teaching kids what they need to know. Like for instance, right now, I'm sat at home, scanning over the contents of 'Cutie Marks - What Do They Mean?' and trying to absorb it all. Apparently, Cutie Marks are an ongoing subject and is always taught about at least once a week.

"Cutie Marks have many forms. These forms will show what special talent the pony will have and...ugh..." I'd read over this bit again and again to get as much crammed into my head as possible...but there was only so much I could take. Figuring I should just try my very best tomorrow, I decided to just crawl into my bed and switch off.

Slowly walking to my bed, I flopped down and exhaled loudly. I took my clothes off and threw them on the floor, gem included. Getting under the covers, I tried to relax but couldn't. All I could think about was the worst case scenarios for tomorrow.

"What if I forget everything...what if I fuck it up...ohh, what if..." Groaning, I turned on my side to try and block out the thoughts. I just had to sleep one more night, then tomorrow will come, the school job will happen and I'll have no idea why I was so scared.

*BEEP BEEP*

She always knows...always. I leant over and picked up the beeping amethyst, smiling at it intently. "Hey you...how are doing?"

"I should be the one asking that. How are you feeling?"

"Scared...nervous...thinking that everything's gonna go wrong. So you know...normal thoughts." I waited for a response but got none. "I'm just wondering how it's gonna go tomorrow. I've never done something like this before..."

"You'll do just fine. Just think of what it will lead to - all of those fillies and colts' future. They will learn life's essential information from you and Miss Cheerilee."

I gulped loud enough so she could hear me. "Yeah...not helping. I'm certain that I've got it under control but it's just those last minute nerves. I've been reading so many books over the past few days...weeks even. I suppose just seeing how much there is to teach has given me too much to worry about."

"You just need to relax. It is only 9PM. Have you tried taking a walk?"

"It's a good idea but...I'm in bed now. And I cannot be arsed to move..."

"You will move."

*FLASH*

"I'll make sure of it." Well, she does like to make an entrance. She quickly trotted over to me and pulled the covers off me, revealing my unclothed self. "Now get dressed. I am taking you for a walk."

"What am I? A dog?" Before I could continue, she summoned a leash and wrapped it around my neck. "Oh please don't..."

"Aww...you're no fun." She quickly made the leash disappear and put her wing around me. "I will take us to Canterlot. Stay close." The world around us quickly blurred and changed to one of the throne room. "Guards, watch over the court. I shall return in an hour." The wing around my shoulder pulled me close as she turned towards the door. "Come along, we'll just...stroll."

Exiting the throne room, we turned and began walking down a long corridor. Footsteps echoed down the narrow passage as nothing was said. I start to recognise certain items on the wall and decorations on the windows and knew we were going towards the garden.

"Luna--"

"Speak your mind Owen." she said, interrupting me. "You can't keep stress and nervousness bottled up. Just let it out." Her wing never left my shoulder. It was like she was trying to make me moan at her.

And moan I did. "Alright so yeah, I'm fucking terrified I'm gonna screw things up. I've read so much information and got all of this knowledge crammed into my head, I don't know what the hell I should do. Should I teach about Cutie Marks? Astronomy? Magic? Crop rotations? The airspeed of an unladen swallow? I mean...ugh...I'm just at a loose end here."

Luna said nothing but kept her wing around me, squeezing softly when I finished talking. "I...I just picture myself freezing in front of the class, not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do and with the kids laughing at me. Stupid but...reminds me of my school years and how much of a shit time in my life that was."

She stopped in her tracks and pulled me close to her using her wing. "You musn't dwell on the past. Yes, those times were bad for you but you must move on. I can't imagine how bad it was but I can only sympathise so much." I nodded slowly. "Just go in there tomorrow and show them what you can do. I just know you'll do fine."

"You really think so?" I asked with hope.

"I know so." She gave me a slight kiss on the cheek which got a smile out of me. Her head suddenly turned back to the corridor and she gasped. "You know...I don't think I've ever taken you here before."

I looked in front of us and there, lay a door. The door much taller than I was, had a golden arch and had two sets of three gems - a red triangle, a green diamond and a purple octagon. The door had a sun symbol on it with 6 lines spreading out from it. "Where is this?"

"This door is the magically sealed barrier between the residents of Equestria and the Elements of Harmony." Luna approaches the door and eyes the symbol. "Look here. Can you see the hole?"

I walked closer to the door and looked at the sun symbol. There indeed was a small hole in the middle of the symbol. "I see it. What's it do?"

Luna lit up her horn and inserted it into the slow, pulsing a wave of magic into the lock. "It may be designed after Celestia but I can use my own magic." she said with a smirk. The door glowed with a blue hue and streams of light streamed outwards before the door opened up. Once the light had subsided, I saw there was a blue chest on a pedestal, with a variety of coloured gems stuck on it. The chest opened up slowly to reveal six golden items - 5 necklaces and a crown.

"Wow...so these are the Elements?" I said, walking up to the chest. I marvelled at each of the glowing symbols on the golden necklace. "I can't believe I haven't seen these before."

"Not many subjects would. Only the Element Holders, me and Celestia see them regularly. You are very fortunate to view them." She levitated them out of the chest and held them out in front of me. "Hold one."

"Really?" She nodded and I gingerly reached out to grab the Element with the Apple symbol on it. I felt the weight of the necklace as I took it into my hand. Holding this in my hand, I felt a sudden rush of energy, just for a second. "Wow...pretty heavy. So this is the Element of...Honesty?"

"That's right. And this is Loyalty, Laughter, Kindness, Generosity and Magic." she recited, lifting each Element up. "And these six ancient items have been the answer to Equestria's biggest threats. But most ponies remember them for their usage on Discord and..."

"Nightmare Moon." I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Put them back. I know that's still a tough memory."

"I know..." Luna levitated the Elements back into their chest and sealed it shut, with the door following after. "But...I always fear that somewhere...she exists. Somewhere in me..." Luna turned her head towards the door and sighed.

"She's gone." I moved into her line of view and looked into her eyes. Leaning in, I kissed her slowly. "She's gone." Luna nodded and returned with a kiss of her own. "Come on, I know what I want to do now." Leading the way, I led Luna towards the Royal Archives and soon came across a locked door. "I'm gonna read up on the Elements. Can you just give me a boost to help me concentrate?"

"Sure." She hit me with a spell which made me feel like I've drunk two cans of Red Bull. "And have this as well." She summoned a scroll to me - my teleportation scroll. "I will ask the guards to lock up so you are not disturbed. Just remember to put things back when you are finished." And like that, she was gone. Staring at a blank wall where Luna had just teleported from, I set off into the vast aisles of the library to find a book about the Elements of Harmony.

Surely this will entice the kids to learn, surely! Finding what was the equivalent of a dewey decimal system, I managed to locate a rather large tome regarding said Elements. Setting myself down on a table near the door, I looked at my watch and saw it was 10PM. I made a note to finish my midnight.



So...a couple of hours in and I'm still reading. This book was very informative about what the Elements are and what their purpose is. But what it didn't say was where they get their magic from. Apparently, they choose the best course of action for a given situation and that action will solve it. I mused to myself and nodded as it did make sense. They cleansed Luna of Nightmare Moon and they froze Discord in stone...twice. It just made me think of what other threats could exist out there.

"Oh hey Twilight. Haven't seen you in a while. Let me get that for you."

The sound of the door opening made me turn my head. I could have sworn I heard--

"Twilight?" I think she was as shocked as I was. "What are you doing here?" I then noticed more ponies...well, a pony and a dragon. "Pinkie? Spike?" I looked down at Spike. "Ice cream? Where did you get that?" The dragon shrugged his shoulders and gulped the rest of it down. "Just what are you lot wearing?"

"No time to explain. I have to find a book that has information on time travel." Twilight instructed as she walked past me.

"Wait..." A certain forgotten memory came to mind. "Twilight, no!" I ran up to her and grabbed her tail, elliciting a yelp from her. "I'm sorry but...don't you remember what happened before? We cannot do that....ever!"

"Oh it's nothing like at all!"

"Really?" I said, folding my arms. "Then would you care to explain to me why you are all dressed in skin-tight suits and sneaking around? And what's with your mane...and eye...and that cut!" I exclaimed, looking at her cheek.

"OH NO!" She rushed to a nearby mirror and looked at her reflection. "I look just like Future Twilight."

"Future...Twi...alright, someone help me out here." Pinkie did the smart thing and told me everything that happened, with Twilight interjecting at certain times.

"Alright, I get it. Kind of hard to believe you but...there's still one thing that doesn't make sense." I said quietly.

"What's that?" Spike asked.

"YOU!" I responded loudly. "Where do you keep getting this ice cream from?"

"Uhh...I don't know."

"You don't...." I slapped my forehead and shook my head. "Never mind. Look Twilight, I'm about to be off but...do you want some help or something?"

"YES!" she shouted, grabbing my arm. "Help me look for this book!"

"Alright, alright..." For the next few minutes or so, the four of us searched high and low for a book containing time travel. It wasn't until something bright got my attention that I stopped. "Twilight, could you tone down that light? Bright spell you got there..."

"LIGHT?!" She ran to the window and gasped. "It's Tuesday morning!"

"Wha...MORNING?!" And she was right. The sun was rising. "Just how long was I reading?!" I looked at my watch that still read the same time..."Oh this stupid watch! Look you guys, I gotta go! Sorry!" I opened my scroll up, read the words and was teleported back to Ponyville.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck...for fuck sake." I quickly got out of my clothes, showered and re-dressed myself. "Right. Toast or cereal? Toast or...AH!" I decided to forego my morning meal and focus more on what is starting in an hour's time. Eventually, I was ready and out of the door. I ran. I ran so fast. Getting closer to the town centre, I saw that several ponies were up and about and some were even walking their kids to school!

"Oh my god, oh my god...this cannot go any worse." I checked my watch only to groan and take it off, stuffing it in my pocket. "Forget the time...just GO!" I shouted at myself, earning a few odd looks.

I managed to reach the schoolhouse just before the hand hit 9AM. Cheerilee saw me from afar and waved me over. "Owen, glad to see you're on time! Are you ready for this?"

"More...more than..." I struggled to speak as I caught my breath. "Let's do this." She smiled and led me inside where the class was already full.

"Class. Greet your new teacher. Everypony say hello!" Cheerilee instructed the class.

They all turned to face me. All of those faces. "Oh my..."

"Good morning Owen!"

Author's Note:

Guys, I am so sorry for the delay on this but various...distractions occured and kind of stopped me from doing this. Right now, it's 2:15 AM and I wanted to get this done before 26 hours of work in the next 3 days.

Anyway, it may be a bit rushed but the next one will lead onto something. And I have one more thing to say.

Expect a new story arc...VERY soon.

PreviousChapters Next