• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 31,777 Views, 2,102 Comments

Good Things Come - Sweet Tale



Human x Luna story - Teen rated.

  • ...
128
 2,102
 31,777

PreviousChapters Next
25. Hearth's Warming

It's cold. Oh good god is it cold!

Setting my feet onto the wooden floor, I immediately regretted it. It felt like stepping onto ice with your bare feet. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and turned the handle on the shower, letting a torrent of steaming water shoot out of the metallic structure.

Whilst showering, I thought about how today and tomorrow would turn out. See, today was Hearth's Warming Eve and me, the girls and Spike were all travelling to Canterlot this afternoon to go and see the Hearth's Warming Paegent. I was really looking forward to it as it could really give me an insight into how Equestria was formed. A nice history lesson is good from time to time.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried myself with the nearest towel. Stepping back into my room, I sought after suitable clothing for this time of year. Peeking out of the window, I looked on in awe at the sight. The landscape outside was beautiful; a pure white blanket of snow covered the land, transforming Ponyville into a winter wonderland.

I grabbed a pair of boxer shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of socks, putting them on quickly. I then picked up a long-sleeved jumper which Rarity had made for me. A mildly dark shade of red with a thick neck. Perfect for a day like this. But that wasn't the only thing Rarity made. She also constructed a scarf, a pair of gloves, a woolly hat and an overcoat to help with the cold. I tried to pay her for the items but naturally she wouldn't take a bit off me. Element of Generosity? One hundred percent truth.

I quickly unlocked my wardrobe to check on the gifts for tomorrow - still there. Both Spike and Twilight have been very inquisitve into why I keep it locked to which I answered "Something personal is in there." They seemed skeptical but accepted it...after barraging me with questions.

The day after I arrived back from Canterlot, I felt like a complete idiot for forgetting to get something for Spike! Not wanting to leave it till the last minute, I quickly went out into the market and asked the vendors what dragons like as gifts. After hearing some fairy-tale nonsense about dragons liking to eat ponies - at least I hope it was fairy-tale - Rarity informed me that Spike loves to eat gems. So that's what I went for. Rarity sold me one hundred bits worth of gems to me. Quite a hefty pile!

And for Celestia's gift? I explained what I was hoping to get her to Twilight who seemed a bit puzzled.

"Why would you want to give that to her? There's only one of them and it's yours."

"Yeah I know but I want to give her something that she doesn't have. Being the ruler of the world gives her the power to have anything she wants so I want to give her something she CAN'T get."

"It seems like loss on your behalf."

"Not neccessarily. Do you know a duplication spell?"

She did. She managed to clone the gift for Celestia and I wrapped it up with decorative paper. I really hope that she will like this. The biggest reaction I'm hoping to get is from Luna. Twilight shrunk the photo and I managed to insert it into the pendant with minimal effort. I'm hoping that she will be able to show her true emotions in front of someone else. Whenever she was upset or angry or really happy, she'd only show her true emotions with me and no-one else.

Making my way downstairs, my nostrils were flooded with the aromas of something sweet, something more-ish, something...

"Pancakes!"

Music to my ears. I sat myself down at the table, across from Spike, and Twilight came in levitating three plates stacked with pancakes. I ogled the dish as it was set down in front of me.

"Syrup?" Twilight asked.

"Silly question. Of course!" I responded happily.

Twilight levitated a bottle of syrup and gave me a generous helping. I immediately pounced the meal with my cutlery and began to chow down this amazing breakfast. I never used to like pancakes but for some reason, they taste better here. I'm gonna have to introduce a Full English breakfast to these guys - vegetarian option of course.

Finishing the meal, I cleaned my plate and then sat back at the table, where Spike and Twilight still were seated.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"We meet the girls at the train station at 1PM. Then we arrive at Canterlot for 6PM. We meet the Princesses and make our way to the theatre for the paegent at 8PM. After that, we return to the castle and dine with the Princesses. Finally, a chariot will be taking us back to Ponyville at Midnight."

"Wow, busy day then huh?"

"Yuth ca thay thath agaith"

"In English please?" I asked the small reptile, who still had pancake stuffed in his mouth. He swallowed them down and caught his breath.

"I said, you can say that again."

"What's gonna happen with gift-giving? Are we taking anything to Canterlot?" I asked.

"Only what we need. The girls and I are giving the Princesses a joint gift from all of us. A large assortment of winter flowers, spelling out their names in a circular pattern. Each of our cutie marks illustrate the array and I have enchanted them so they can last much longer."

"They're gonna love that. What about you Spike?"

Spike hopped down from the table and walked over to a bookcase where an empty spot was. Reaching in, he pulled out two large gems. "I got the Princesses these. Rarity gave them to me as a reward for helping her but if you look at them, they are the same colours as the Princesses' cutie marks."

I observed the gems and he was right. One gems was a mixture of red, yellow and orange, with a spiral pattern. The second gem was purple, navy blue, black and white. "That's a very thoughtful gift." I said, handing the gems back to Spike.

"Well, we have three hours to go until we need to leave. Anypony have any ideas?" Spike asked.

I looked outside and a fiendish idea came to me. "Wait here." I went back upstairs and retrieved my hat and gloves, slipping them on. Walking back downstairs, I grabbed my coat and put it on also. "Come outside for a second."

I opened the door and was immediately greeted by a breeze of sheer cold. Bracing myself, I ventured out into the snow. The snow came up to just above my shoes. Looking back, I saw Twilight and Spike coming out - Spike riding on Twilight's back.

"What did you want to show us?"

I looked around and saw that Rainbow and AJ were close by, giving a wave. I waved back. I turned to Twilight and gave an innocent smile.

"Say Twilight? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, you can ask me anything."

Oh this was good, she's completely oblivious. I turned back around and bent down, scooping up a small portion of snow with my right hand, out of view of the lavender pony. Raising myself, I slowly turned around.

"Have you ever heard of a--"

*SPLAT*

What? I wiped the snow off my face to see Spike already holding another one ready. "Heard of a what?" Spike asked, grinning evilly.

I grinned back, winking at him. I stood firm before bending down quickly, scooping snow up and quickly throwing it at Spike, hitting him square in the face.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!"

As soon as that was shouted, all hell broke loose. Kids appeared out of nowhere and soon enough, snowballs were flying everywhere.

My main target was Twilight as she seemed to me like the one who wouldn't take part in this. I noticed she was looking nervous as Spike had abandoned her to start a war with some local kids. I stared her down before scooping up snow and throwing it at her. My accurate shot was stopped short as it became encased in a purple glow.

"Hey, no fair!"

Before I could make another ball, she beamed the suspended one at me, hitting me in face. Right on the nose. Wiping it off, I glanced at Twilight and laughed.

"Oh, it is on!" I turned back to see Rainbow and AJ approaching me.

"Did you start all this?" Rainbow asked in anger.

She looked pretty pissed. "Err, yeah. What's the big--"

*SPLAT*

Wiping yet another load of snow off my face, I saw Rainbow and AJ guffawing on the ground. Then I did something stupid.

"EVERYONE FOR THEMSELVES!"


I think the odds were not in my favour. During the fight, the rest of the girls joined in. Well, except Rarity - something about her mane being ruined, I don't know, I was busy being bombarded by snowballs to focus my attention.

After the chaos had simmered down, the eight of us retired to the library to warm up. Twilight and Spike made several cups of cocoa or hot chocolate for all of us. Sipping it gently, I listened to the various conversations between the girls. Fluttershy and Rainbow were talking about the paegeant. Twilight, AJ and Rarity were talking about a slumber party they once had which went wrong and Pinkie was just bouncing around the room, bumping into many things. Probably the sugar she was consuming in the form of a sweet drink.

After a while, Twilight became erratic and began to tidy up her library very quickly. "Hurry, hurry, hurry!" she exclaimed.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"It's 12:30! We need to be at the train station in thirty minutes!"

"Calm down egghead. We've got plenty of time." Rainbow responded.

Twilight glared at Rainbow and then went back to her tidying. After about ten minutes, we were all ready to make our way to the station. I quickly gathered my belongings, along with Luna and Celestia's presents. I was really looking forward to giving the gifts to them and I was secretly craving their responses.

Exiting the library, we were once again greeted by the cold front of the weather. That and it was windy as hell. All of us had dressed aptly for the occasion - scarves, hats and saddles (except me and Spike of course). We approached the train station and saw that there was a queue for the train, a long one at that.

At first, I thought Twilight was being rude, walking past the ponies in the queue, but then the reason showed. Twilight approached a train guard and spoke to him, pointing a hoof in our direction. Twilight motioned us to come over, which we did.

"Princess Celestia booked a booth for all of us to share. This way we will get there on time, guaranteed." she proudly stated.

We all climbed on board and entered the booth, which was in first class. Even though I had travelled in first class before, it still stuns me at how beautiful it looks inside. Our booth was the largest of the four in the first class coach so we each had ample space to stretch out and relax. Before long, the train set in motion and we began our trip to Canterlot.

I opted to stay in the booth whilst the rest of the group decided to have a meander around the train. I was pretty sure I saw Pinkie walking back and forth with different assortments of food rested on her back. It perplexes me how she can do that. Maybe it's the magic of the earth pony.

Thinking about magic, my mind drifted back to the time that never was. It reminded me how special and efficient magic is in this world. Just seeing the consequences would make anyone see it but to actually live it? It was a whole different deal.

I remember my time in the cell. All I could think about was Luna and the girls. Every time I went to sleep, I'd dream of her. Every time I woke up, she was the first thing on my mind. And when I got that fake newspaper, it killed me inside. How I would have never saw her again, her smile, her radiance. I remember lying on that mound of hay I was given as a bed, thinking about all the things I never told her. How much I really loved her, what I planned to do in the future, how our--

"Y'all with us Owen?"

"Huh?" I turned my view from the moving landscape to see that AJ had come into the booth. "Oh yeah, I'm...fine." I said with a sigh.

"Then what's with the tears?"

I reached up to my eyes and sure enough, tears were falling from them. I didn't even notice. Wiping them away with my hand, I re-focused on the country mare. "Didn't realise. I was just thinking."

AJ hopped up onto the seat beside me and sat down next to my lap. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Close the door a second." AJ jumped off the seat, closed the door and returned to her previous position. "I was thinking about my time in the cell."

AJ set a hoof upon my shoulder. "You have to let it go sugarcube. It's all over now."

"I know, I know. It's just...when I was in there, all alone, all I could think about was you, the princesses, the girls and Spike. You were my first and last thoughts of the day. My mind was wracked with ideas of what could have happened to you. What could have happened to Luna..."

"You really love her don't you?"

I nodded slowly. "Love isn't a strong enough word. It's so much more than love. When I read the fake newspaper he gave me, saying that you were all dead, I never felt more dead inside in my life. So imagine how I felt when I saw you all in the flesh again. All of the things I've wanted to say to Luna, things I was too nervous to say."

I pulled out the velvet box that was in my coat pocket and opened it up, causing AJ to 'ahh' at it's glow. "This is my Hearth's Warming present to her. When I thought about it, I needed to let her know how much she means to me." I flicked open the pendant, revealing the photo. "I know this will show her how much I love her but, there's something else that's been itching away at me. Another thing I want to tell her but...I don't know if I want to yet."

"An' what would that be?" I whispered the information into her ear. She raised her eyebrows at me and a smile formed. "Ah see." she said with a giggle.

"I just hope I can decide before it's too late. I'd hate to keep her waiting for so long."

AJ rose to her hooves and jumped off the seat. "Only you can decide what to tell her, as long as it's from the heart. Ah've known you for months now an' from what ah see and hear about you an' the Princess? Ah reckon you'll know just what to say an' she'll love you even more for it."

I reached over and put my hand on her shoulder. "Thanks AJ. I needed that."

"Anytime sugarcube." she responded with a wink, making her way out of the booth, shutting the door behind her. My gaze found it's way back to the window and I began to once again observe the landscape streaming by.

"PINKIE! STOP THROWING THOSE CUPCAKES!"

That was Rarity's voice. If Pinkie was throwing cupcakes at her, there was gonna be hell to pay.


*5 Hours Later*


We had arrived at the castle. The train had pulled into Canterlot at 6PM sharp, just like Twilight said it would. We were being escorted by a couple of guards along the marble corridors of the castle. The amount of time that I have spent here now, it all seems so familiar. I reckon I could find my own way around by now...well, maybe. We were led into a waiting area, near the foyer, where we were seated and asked to wait for the Princesses.

"How long until the paegent starts?" I ask to anyone.

"About an hour and a half. We got plenty of time." AJ responds.

"Nice. I'm really looking forward to it. How about you guys?"

"It should be good..." a quiet reply came from the obvious pegasus.

"It's always amazing to see. I really think you'll learn something from it." Twilight interjected.

The doors of the waiting area swing open to reveal Celestia smiling at us. The girls and Spike bowed in her prescence. Normally I would have not done so but seeing as I was the only one not doing it, I bowed my head to her.

"Greeting my subjects. I trust your journey here was a pleasant one." Celestia greeted us. Greetings between us all carried on for a few minutes before I asked the obvious question.

"So where is Princess Luna? Is she still sleeping?"

"Oh no, she awoke a while ago. She should be with us shortly." Celestia answered.

"OK then. Um...can I please speak with you in private for a moment?" I asked, rewarding myself with confused looks from the girls.

"Of course Owen." Her horn lit up and the world around me changed into a brighter room, decorated with many knick-knacks. "Welcome to my chambers."

I rubbed my head as I struggled to re-focus after the teleportation. "Please warn me before you do that. It really throws me off."

"I apologise. Will you be alright?"

"Yeah, sure. Just a bit dizzy. Now, as for the talk. I have a favour to ask." I lifted the bag off my shoulder and set it on the floor. "Two things. One, if it is OK with you, can I stay with Luna tonight? There's something I need to talk to her about and I feel it would be best if I spend the night with her."

"That would be Luna's decision. But I would see no problem with it, as long as it's a good thing you are planning to talk her about." she responded, looking concerned at the end.

"Oh no, no, no. Nothing bad, never! It's...well, it's kind of embarrassing. Can I just..." I leant forward and whispered in her ear what I told AJ earlier. Celestia reared her head back and then gave me a very hearty smile.

"Owen, I am pleased that you are going to mention this to her. Are you certain it is time?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Very well. And the second subject?"

I held up the bag. "This bag contains my Hearth's Warming gifts to both you and Luna. I need to keep this somewhere safe till when we come back from the paegeant."

Celestia levitated the bag and teleported it somewhere. "It will be safe. I have made sure of it. Are you ready to return?" I nodded and her horn glowed again, teleporting us back to the group.

"What was that all about?" Rainbow asked.

"Something...important." Rainbow opted to speak again before I beat her to it. "Really, it's nothing. You'll find out later anyway."

"Did I miss anything?"

I know that voice - the voice of an angel. I turn to the door to see the love of my life standing there, sporting a rather large smile at the sight of me. I walked over to her and embraced her in a hug. "It's good to see you."

Luna leant her head back so she was looking in my eyes. "Just good?"

I reponsded by kissing her on the lips. "OK...ummm...amazing, spectacular, brilliant, lovely...I can go on." Luna replied by hugging me tighter. Yep, I think that worked.

"Come along everypony. We shall set off to the paegeant." Celestia ordered.

We all started to make our way out of the castle and into the cold breeze of the mountainside city. About six guards were escorting us through the streets, with all of the citizens bowing as we passed them. Some recognised me from the shopping spree I had committed a week prior and gave me a prompt wave which I happily responded with a wave of my own.

We soon came across the theatre and my goodness was it big. If you've ever seen the illustrations of what Shakespeare's globe theatre looked like, that would be it, but only square and a lot bigger. Walking in, I admired the plushness of the interior. It reminded me of the King's Theatre where I used to live.

A couple of ponies, dressed in red suits, led us up some stairs near the side of the main entrance to the hall. Walking up the stairs took a while as I imagined our seats were quite high up. Twilight said that we were sitting in the royal box which has the best view of the entire theatre. So best seats, best view...I imagine quite high up.

After a couple of minutes, we entered the box through some red curtains and I laid my eyes out on the stage in front of us. Twilight was right, it was an amazing view. I waited for Celestia and Luna to take their seats before I took my own next to Luna.

Before long, the curtain was drawn on the stage and a young pony stepped out in a Shakespeare-esque costume. This must be the start.

"Once upon a time, long before the peaceful rule of Celestia, and before ponies discovered our beautiful land of Equestria, ponies did not know harmony. It was a strange and dark time. A time when ponies were torn apart, by hatred."


The paegeant was brilliant. It really DID teach me history about Equestria and it was performed in such an amazing way. There was only one slip-up on my behalf during the entire show and it was right at the beginning. When the narrator mentioned the name of the leader of the earth pony tribe, I tried my best to stifle a giggle.

"I can't believe you laughed at the beginning." Twilight lectured me.

"Oh come on. How was I not supposed to laugh when the name 'Chancellor Puddinghead' came up?" All of the girls gave me a stare and it made me uncomfortable. "Err, look I'm sorry if I caused offence."

One perticular pony started laughing. "It is funny! Puddinghead sounds funny!" With Pinkie's outburst, the rest of the girls, Spike and the Princesses even started laughing softly.

"You did not cause offence dear. It's just we do not find it as funny anymore." Luna explained.

"Ohhhh....right, that makes sense."

We conversed during our walk back to the castle. With it being 10:30 at night, it was damn cold so we didn't dawdle. Entering the castle, we were lead to the dining room where food was already being set out for us.

We all took our seats and began to tuck into our food. This time is a roasted vegetable platter and it tasted good. And I don't mean good, I meant frickin' amazing. These chefs know how to cook everything perfectly. Well they should, otherwise they wouldn't be working in the royal kitchen now would they?

After we had all finished our food, Celestia rose from the table and made a speech about Hearth's Warming Eve. Traditional in their sense but it didn't make a lick of sense to me. Even so, when the speech ended, I applauded with the rest of the girls.

We were led to the foyer where three chariots were awaiting for us. "Thank you for inviting us to the paegeant Princess!" Rarity thanked the sisters. The rest of the girls thanked them as well.

"You are most welcome. By your reactions, I can say that you enjoyed it, yes?" The girls nodded vigorously. "Good. These chariots will take you back to Ponyville. I do hope you enjoy Hearth's Warming Day tomorrow."

I cleared my throat to get Celestia's attention. Celestia turned to me and nodded. "My little ponies, I want to thank you for your floral wreath. It was a beautiful display. And Spike, thank you for the gems."

"Indeed. I must say it was most wonderous." Luna added.

*DONG*

"Midnight." I murmured. I turned to Celestia. "Celestia, if you please." She nodded and her horn glowed; my bag summoned into my hand. "Thank you. Now, for those of you who don't know, I have in this bag, Celestia and Luna's Hearth's Warming gifts and since it is now Hearth's Warming Day, I'd like to present you with them."

I reached into the bag and pulled out the first gift - Celestia's. "Now, I had real trouble trying to think of something for you Celestia. My initial thoughts were that because you were a ruler, I thought you could get anything you wanted in all of Equestria. So, I got you something that you couldn't get."

I handed the box to her which she carefully unwrapped. The item was discovered and Celestia's face lit up. "Isn't this yours?" she asked.

"Not exactly. I had a little help from Twilight with this. Because I only have one, I asked her if she knew a duplication spell which she did. What you hold there is an exact copy of my iPod. I remember you were enthralled by it last time I brought it here so I thought you'd like one." I held out my own iPod just to prove it.

Celestia walked over to me and opened her wings which she then wrapped around me in an embrace. "Thank you Owen. Never have I received a gift like this before. I am truly thankful."

I returned the embrace and hugged her tight. "You're most welcome." We broke the embrace and I turned to Luna. "Before I give this to you, can I please spend the night with you? There is a reason for it."

"Of course you may." she answered.

"Is that alright with you girls? I'll come back first thing in the morning."

"I'll teleport him back." Luna added.

The girls nodded and agreed. "Thank you. Now, Luna." My legs started to shake as I got really nervous. "Over the time I have spent here, I have learnt many things. How to make friends, how to live..." I took her hoof in my hand. "How to love." I reached into my bag and pulled out the velvet box. "This is my gift to you. To show how much I truly love you."

Luna levitated the box out of my hands and opened the case. Her mouth fell open like the speed of a mouse trap setting off. For a while, she did nothing as she stared at the box. Did I do something wrong?

"Do you like it?" I asked.

I stared into her eyes and saw that tears were beginning to form. Her magic crept into the box and levitated the item out for all the ponies to see. As soon as it was in view, the girls stared in awe at what I had bought Luna.

"I...it's beautiful." Luna spluttered.

"Open it up." I instructed her.

Luna did so and she held a hoof to her mouth. A stray tear fell from her eye, rolling down her cheek. I wiped it away with my hand and then held me hand out to the necklace. "May I?"

Luna levitated the necklace into my hand, which I then put over her head and mane and around her neck. The pendant hung at the bottom, opened up, with the picture of me and her inside. The girls gathered round and admired the necklace.

"It's beautiful!" Rarity chimed.

"It's so shiny..." Fluttershy quietly said.

"Aw, that's adorable." AJ said, giving me a tap on the shoulder.

"That truly is a beautiful necklace. Don't you agree sister?" Celestia asked.

"It's...it's..." Luna looked up at me before launching herself at me, embracing me in a full hoof and wing hug, which I returned. "It's so beautiful! I love you too!" she pleaded to me, sniffling up a few tears.

I stroked the back of her head. "I knew you'd love it." I leant my head back and wiped a few tears from her face with my hand before giving her a kiss on the lips, earning a few 'awww's' from the girls. I turned my head back and laughed at them. "Oh stop it."

Luna broke the embrace and stood on her hooves. "It truly is beautiful. I can't thank you enough."

After a few minutes of idolizing Luna's necklace from the girls, we went our seperate ways and the girls took flight in the chariots.

"Luna, Owen. I will rule the night tonight. Please enjoy your night together." Celestia informed us.

"Thank you sister."

"Thanks so much Celestia."

Me and Luna retired to her chambers and we both got comfortable in the bed, under the covers. Luna never took her necklace off.

"So that's what the photo was for." Luna murmured.

I turned my head to meet her gaze. "Yep. I saw the opportunity and took it. Turned out for the best, don't you think?"

Luna leant up and gave me a small kiss. "Yes, it did." We kissed for a while before Luna pulled back. "Owen, what is wrong? You seem distracted."

Damn, I was hoping she didn't pick up on that. I sat up and sighed. "I've got something on my mind that I need to voice. Something that I've been thinking about for a while now."

Luna sat up and put a hoof around my shoulder. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

I pulled the hoof off my shoulder and held it in my hand, turning my body so I was facing her directly. "Today has given me a lot of answers. How Equestria was formed, how you would have liked my gift and the answer to my dilemma. I can't believe it's taken me this long to realise how much I truly love you."

"I know that. You tell me that all the time."

"I know but...when I was in the cell, all I could think about was you. All of the things I never said, all of the things I never did and never could do. But...when I saw you again, I had another chance. Another chance to let you know how much you truly mean to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is..." I gulped. "I'm ready."

Luna gave me a quizzical look. "Ready? Ready for what?"

I leant forward and gave her a kiss on the lips. I pushed hard and held it for about ten seconds before breaking it and lifting my hand up to her cheek, cupping it. "I'm ready."

Luna still held that look before she thought hard and realisation came to her. She took my other hand in her hoof and held it tight. "Are you certain?"

I kissed both of her hooves. "More certain than I'll ever be."

Luna leant in and wrapped her hooves around me, locking lips with me, with me mirroring her actions. Our bodies fell down onto the bed, firmly entwined and ready to take the next step.


I know you are still waiting.

The reward is still yet to come.

Keep waiting, hero.

The light is about to be shone.


My body was starting to come back into consciousness. Opening my eyes, slowly, I struggled to see as a thin beam of sunlight was protruding through the curtain, right into my face. One again sun, you have awoken me from my slumber.

I sat up and stretched and cranked my head from side to side. I caught a glimpse of Luna who was still in her own little dreamworld. I lay back down and cradled her body in my arms, loving the contact between us.

Speaking of contact, the night before was...well...I'll put it this way. Why did I wait so long to do that?! It was incredible! I was a little nervous at first but Luna got straight into it and started on me. It did feel a bit weird, that I lost my virginity to a pony, but god damn it was good!

I thought about what this meant for us. Did it mean we took a step further into our relationship or was it just a spur of the moment kind of thing?

"Good morning beautiful."

I'm gonna vote for a step further. Her angelic voice caught my attention as she slowly rose up from the bed, and leant her head on my chest. "Did you sleep well?"

I leant down and kissed her on the forehead. "Very well, thanks to you."

Luna blushed and giggled. "Oh please, you were better than I was."

"Rubbish. Absolute nonsense. You were leading the entire time." Luna opened her mouth to speak but I quickly put my hand over it. "And I loved that you were the leader."

Luna leant up and met my lips in an embrace. Breaking it, she looked into my eyes and half closed hers. "I live to please."

*KNOCK KNOCK* "Luna, Owen, may I come in?"

"Yes sister!" Luna replied. The doors opened to reveal Celestia. She walked up to the end of the bed and smiled at both of us.

"DId you enjoy your night together?" she asked.

"Sure did." I answered with a wink.

Luna sat up and looked at me, then at Celestia, then back at me again. "Owen! Please do not tell my sister what actions we--"

"Oh please Luna. I heard your screams from halfway across the castle. Goodness knows how your door guard must have felt last night."

"I did no such thing!" Luna exclaimed, turning her gaze to me. "Owen?"

I really didn't want to say this. "I err...I think they were mostly mine." I shyly said.

Celestia recoiled in mock shock as I said this. "But...they sounded like female screams..."

"It wasn't just me but...some of them might have been."

Silence reigned. We looked all looked at each other for a while before I started to snigger, causing a chain reaction for Luna and Celestia. Laughing ourselves silly, we regained our composures and calmed down.

"Owen. I believe you were to travel back to Ponyville this morning." Celestia spoke.

"Yep. Just let me get dressed then I'll be good to go."

"Won't you stay for a while longer?" Luna asked, quivering her bottom lip.

I put my arm around her. "I'd love to but all the girls and Spike are waiting for me. I can't stop their day just on my account." Luna leant into me again. "You're too cute, you know that?"

I got out of the bed and re-dressed myself with the clothes from yesterday. Luna did the same - putting on her regalia along with her necklace. It looked stunning on her.

"That necklace suits you perfectly." Celestia said with praise.

"Thank you sister." Luna turned to me and embraced me in a hug. "Are you ready to go?"

I broke the hug and stroked the back of her mane. "Sure. I'll write to you this evening. I'm sure today will be eventful to say the least."

"One more thing Luna." I turned to Celestia who held out a small wrapped box. "Twilight asked me to give this to you. According to Twilight, you and Owen have a gift which must be opened at the same time. Under Twilight's instructions Owen, you are to send a letter to Luna saying you are about to open your gift. When that scroll arrives, Luna will open hers."

"Fair enough. I'll make sure to remember that." Luna's horn glowed and she pointed it towards me. "Goodbye my love."

"Have a great day, my dear." With that, her horn shone brighter and the world around me began to change. I swore I heard voices though.

"So, how was he?"

"Better than any stallion, that's for sure!"


My vision returned and I was back in Ponyville, standing outside of the library. I quickly straightened out my clothes and knocked on the door. The door was swiftly answered and opened by Spike.

"Morning Owen. Glad you made it back in time. Happy Hearth's Warming."

I knelt down to him and opened my arms wide. He took the action willingly and jumped towards me, wrapping his tiny arms around my frame in a hug. "Happy Hearth's Warming to you to."

I walked into the library and set Spike down on the floor. "Twilight up yet?"

"In here!" her voice sounded from the kitchen. She entered the room and noticed my extremely happy demeanour. "You look like you're in a good mood."

I nodded strongly. "Indeed I am. Last night was something magical."

"You mean the paegeant?"

"Erm, yes. That was a great show but it was something else. I--" I thought about what I was going to say but realised Spike was standing right next to me. I walked up to Twilight and whispered in her ear. "Last night, me and Luna had...sex."

Twilight shook her head back at what I said before she smiled greatly at me. "That's wonderful! Such a deep commitment."

'Deep, hur hur.'

"Yeah it was a great night. So, what's the plan for today?"

"The girls are coming over at Midday. They are spending time with their families this morning so we have the next few hours to ourselves."



Midday came around soon enough. One by one, the girls began to arrive, each with a gift. Some were big, some were small, one was huge.

After a while of idle chatting, Twilight instructed us to sit around her fireplace, which we did. I took a seat between Rainbow and Rarity.

"Who would to go first?" Twilight asked.

"Actually Twilight, I'd like to give my gift out first." I pulled over a sack which had been hidden from view. "Or should I say gifts." The girls all marvelled at the sack which contained their presents. "Last week, I had a bit of a shopping spree and got each and every one of you a gift."

I reached into the sack and pulled out the first gift, a small box with Rarity written on it. "For Rarity." She quickly levitated the box out of my hand and looked confused as to how light it was. Nevertheless, she opened it up and revealed it's contents.

"It's a...piece of parchment."

"Turn it over." I said, rolling my eyes.

She did so and read it out loud. "Look in the cupboard under Twilight's staircase." Putting down the paper, she rose to her hooves and walked over to said cupboard, opening it up. She froze in place at what was there and turned to face me. "Is...is that?!"

I walked over to her and pulled out the large roll of fabric. "Ten meters of luxurious smooth sapphire silk. I was told this was hard to MMPH!"

I was interrupted by a barrage of kisses coming my way from the fashionista. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! This is marvellous!"

"You're most welcome." I walked back over to the group and pulled out the next gift - a medium sized box labelled 'Applejack'. "Right, AJ. This one is for you."

"Thank ya kindly." She took the box from my grip and opened it up, pulling out the brand new stetson hat. "That's so thoughtful." she said, walking over to me and giving me a one-armed/legged hug.

"I'm sorry it's nothing more exciting. I had a bit of trouble thinking of something for you. But I saw that in a shop window and instantly thought of you."

"Well ah love it. Thank you sugarcube."

I pulled out the next gift - a small box. "Pinkie, this one is for you." She quickly took the box away from me and tore at the wrappings. Opening the box, her eyes lit up. "Ooh! A book!"

Twilight looked at me. "A book?"

"Not just any book. That there is a recipie book from a world class baker - a master. I hope you like it."

"Yes I do! I love it more than I love baking! Or more than I love cakes! Or more than I..."

Leaving Pinkie to her verbal tyrade, I reached in for the next gift. This one was pretty heavy. "Twilight. Now this is a present that Celestia helped me get."

Twilight levitated the gift and tore at the paper, un-masking the book within. Her face was one of shock. "How did you get this?!" she asked, her voice trembling.

"From the royal archives. Celestia said that you admired that book but you could never take it out. She said she feels that you are responsible enough to own it now."

Twilight stared at the cover and ogled it. "The Advance Teachings of Starswirl the Bearded. Do you know how long I've wanted this book?!"

"Judging by your reaction, a lot?" Immediately, I was pounced upon by Twilight who gave me a bone-crushing hug before releasing me and setting her face into the book. "Three left. Let's see who's next." I reached in and pulled out a small sack. "Ahh, Spike, this is for you."

"Thanks!" He opened up the sack and peered inside. His eyes turned to the size of dinner plates whilst his mouth started flooding with drool. "All of those gems...thanks Owen!"

"No problem. Last two gifts." I reached in and pulled out two envelopes. One marked Rainbow, the other marked Fluttershy. "First, I want to give Fluttershy's gift." I handed the envelope to her which she opened. A collection of papers fell out. She picked them up and began to read out loud.

"One week stay at the Stargazer hotel in...LOS PEGASUS?" she exclaimed. She picked up another piece of paper. "One week admittance to Los Pegasus Animal Sanctuary?"

"I saw how heartbroken you looked when you found out you never went. So I decided to make that a reality. You've got a holiday booked in the Spring."

Fluttershy's eyes began to water as she re-read the items laid out in front of her. "I don't know what to say. I...thank you."

"You're welcome. I knew you'd like that."

She rose her head and looked me in the eyes. Raising to her hooves, she slowly walked over to me and stood in front of my face. "Um...can I..." Before she finished her sentence, she quickly leant forward and kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you so much."

I rubbed my cheek where she kissed me. "Awww, that's OK. I'm glad to make you happy." I turned my gaze to the eagerly awaiting pegasus. "Now Rainbow. This one is for you."

"Sweet!" She opened up her envelope and scattered the contents on the floor. She stared at them in shock as she realised what they were. "You got me these?!"

"Yep. Four tickets to ANY Wonderbolts showing. And that's not all. Look closely at them."

"Huh?" She did so, then a huge smile appeared on her face. "VIP TICKETS?!"

"Right. I also managed to meet Spitfire in Canterlot and she complimented you." Rainbow stared at me and then promptly fell onto her side. I walked over to her and leant over her head so I was in her gaze. She was still conscious. "Rainbow...you alright?"

She sat herself back up and shook her head. "I'm doing great! Thanks for the tickets!" she exclaimed, throwing her hooves around my neck.

"No problem." We broke the embrace and I looked upon the girls and Spike, enjoying their gifts. "Well, that's everyone. I hope you're all happy."

Twilight's head rose from her book and met my gaze. "Indeed. Now it's time for our gifts." She walked over to the pile and levitated it towards the group. She then lowered them down so they were in front of me. "For you Owen."

"What?"

"Me and the girls had a talk and realised that you've never had a Hearth's Warming before. Normally, we buy one gift for one of our friends and that's it." Twilight explained.

"But this year, we decided to give our gifts to you." Rarity added.

"You got all of these gifts...for me?" The girls nodded. I was in awe. They really are great friends. "I can't believe it. I...I can't thank you enough."

"You can thank us later. Now open them!" Pinkie ordered.

"Yes ma'am!" I reached for the first gift, a small pink box. It was slightly heavy. "So who is this one from?"

"That's from me!" Pinkie said. I opened up the box and felt around it. Feeling something solid, I pulled it out...a rock. "This is my pet rock. It's name is Rocky and it tells me all types of stories! I think you need it more than I do now." She quickly exited the library.

"Uhh...is this normal?" I asked the girls.

"It's just Pinkie. Just be grateful you got a present from her." AJ offered.

The door then burst in; Pinkie pulling in a cart with something covered by a cloth. "Pfft! HAHAHA! Did you really think I'd give you a rock for a present?! This is your real present!" She pulled off the cloth to reveal a 4 foot tall, chocolate cake in the exact shape of Canterlot Castle.

"That's brilliant! Wow!" I cried out. I examined the cake over - every detail was so perfect. "We have all got to try this later. Even if it does mean cutting into it. Thanks Pinkie!"

Pinkie bounced over to me and hugged me. Breaking the hug, I saw that she had taken the rock back. "It's all OK Rocky. You can talk to me later." I heard her murmur. Surely she wasn't--

"My present next!"

"OK, sure Rainbow." She handed me a small box, wrapped in paper the same colour as her fur. I unwrapped it and pulled out two items. One was a small piece of paper.

"That is a certificate, entitling you to one free Sonic Rainboom." she proudly stated.

"Nice! It'd be great to see one of those!" I pulled out the other item - a small pendant, illustrated with her cutie mark made out of gems. "Ohh...that's beautiful."

"Yeah, I thought so." she said, flicking her mane out of her face. I walked over to her and put my arms around her.

"Thanks so much."

"Yeah, yeah, don't go all mushy on me." she said, pushing me away with a chuckle.

"Ah'd like to give my gift to you next." AJ said, handing over a heavy container and a wrapped up jar. I eyed the container suspiciously. "That there is a gallon of the Sweet Apple Acres Cider."

"How did you get that? You only do it once a year!" Rainbow asked.

"We keep some in reserve. Enjoy it while it lasts."

"Thanks AJ." I then unwrapped the jar to reveal the contents - a mixture of the colours of the rainbow. "And what is this?"

"Zap Apple jam. Same, we only make it once a year but we keep some in reserve. Ah hope you enjoy it." she said, raising her hoof to me. I bumped it with my fist.

"Thanks AJ. Very thoughtful of you."

"I'll um...be back in a moment." Fluttershy said, raising to the air and flying out of the door. I turned back to the group.

"Is she OK?" I asked.

"She'll be fine. Probably just forgot about one of her animals or something." Rainbow said with a flick of her hoof.

"Here's my gift to you Owen." I heard Spike say. Looking down, he handed me a small wrapped box. "Please be careful when you open it."

I carefully unwrapped the box and peered inside. In the box, there were seven shining objects. I reached in and pulled them out, marvelling at their beauty. "Spike...these are incredible."

I pulled out seven figures. Each figure was of the girls and himself, carved out of a colour gem. They were stunning, I mean litereally stunning. "You've got serious skills here. Where did you learn how to do this?"

"In my free time. Some of the gems I get to eat, I don't. I once tried carving it with my claw and I managed to create something. These took a long time to make."

"I bet! Thanks a lot!" I said, giving the dragon a high-five. Funny really, he's the only other creature with hands and he knew how to high five.

The library door opened up again to reveal Fluttershy carrying a small container, draped with a cloth. "Sorry for taking so long. I um...I want to give this to you Owen. But please...be careful."

I carefully took the container from Fluttershy and set it on the ground. I slowly pulled off the cloth and was actually shocked at what was in the container. "Fluttershy? Is this a...a snake?"

"I remember you saying you liked them and this little guy was all by himself without a family. I thought he would be a great gift for you...if you want him that is."

I pulled off the container lid and slowly leant my hand into it. I picked up the snake ever so gently and draped it over my arm. The snake slowly coiled itself around my arm for grip. It wasn't a big snake, more like a corn snake.

"He's brilliant! I've never owned a snake before." I uncoiled the snake and leant him back into the container, replacing the lid. "Thank you very much Fluttershy."

"Oh...you're welcome."

Rarity handed a rectangular box to me. "This is for you darling." I opened the box to reveal a pair of hand-crafted shoes. Hard soles as well.

"Beautiful. I really need these. Thanks!"

Twilight then rose to her hooves and uncovered a small box. "This is my gift to you but first I want you to write to the Princess." she said.

Remembering what Celestia had said, I quickly grabbed a quill and wrote a message on a piece of parchment. I gave it to Spike who sent it off with his flames.

Not soon after, a return letter came stating that Luna was ready. "Good. Happy Hearth's Warming Owen." She handed me a small box. I opened it up to reveal a gem the same colour as Luna. Pulling it out, I admired it well.

"Thanks Twilight. It's the same colour as Luna."

"That's not all." I turned my head to her. "Speak to it."

"I'm sorry?"

"Introduce yourself." she said with a smile.

What the hell is she on about? Had she finally gone off the deep end? Nevertheless, I brought the gem to my face and stared at it.

"Uhh...hello?" I said.

"Owen?"

"HUH?" I said, surprised by the response. But I knew the voice. "Luna?"

"Yes, it's me. Can you hear me?"

"Yeah I can...Twilight, what is this?"

"That gem has been magically enchanted so that you two can keep in contact with each other, no matter where you are."

That got me. I felt my eyes well up as it sunk in. I leant down and embraced Twilight in a hug. "This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me." Realising I'm just praising Twilight, I look back at the group. "All of you. Your gifts mean everything to me. I can't thank you enough." I wipe a tear away as I finish talking.

"That was very moving my love. Twilight, I thank you for this gift. It truly is a wonderous thing."

"You are most welcome Princess."

"Owen. Please enjoy the rest of your day. I will speak with you later this evening."

"Yeah of course. I'll speak to you later. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Tap the gem twice to end communication." I did so and Luna's background noise ceased. "If you want to talk to her, tap it twice and wait for her response. If she will try to contact you, the gem will emit a beep until you answer it."

"Got it. Thanks for this Twilight. This will really help." I looked back at the group who were smiling at me. I nodded towards the sugary monstrosity that was positioned out of the way.

"Who wants cake?!"


It was long after everyone had left. Me, Twilight and Spike were cleaning up the mess, left by the girls. I decided to strike up a conversation.

"I still can't believe we ate the whole thing. Seriously, I've never eaten that much chocolate in my life." I said, picking up a few stray bits of paper.

"It's a special day. It's good to let go once in a while." Spike replied.

"Exactly. And it was delicious!" Twilight added.

After about half an hour of cleaning, it was 9PM. "I don't know about you, but I am beat. I'm gonna head up to bed if you don't mind." I said.

"Of course not. It's been a busy day." Twilight replied.

"Yeah it has. Once again, thanks so much for the gifts guys."

"No problem!" both Spike and Twilight said.

I retired to my room, where I had put all of my gifts from earlier. My pet snake was positioned on the chest of drawers along with my Luna gem. I placed the crystal ponies (PUN INTENDED) on the windowsill so that they glistened in the moonlight. I placed my certificate, the jam and the cider in my cupboard, waiting for the day I use them.

Thinking back, it's been an amazing day. I wake up with my lover after an AMAZING night. I spend the day with my closest friends giving and receiving gifts. Then we spent the afternoon playing games and eating cake! Pretty good day if you ask me!

I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. I knew sleep would come to me easily, especially after a day like today. It wouldn't take too long to--

*BEEP*

Actually, that would be nice right now. I picked up the gem and tapped it twice. "Hello?"

"Hello dear. Are you free right now?"

"I'm always free for you. So...how was your day?"

*A/N* - Well, there you go. This has been my longest chapter so far with over 9K words. It took me a while but I love how this chapter turned out. Next chapter should be up by next weekend.

I also want to thank Chaotic Pony, Ralfil, DrakeDragon13 and shirotora for giving me some helpful ideas with this story. Credit to you guys!

PreviousChapters Next