• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 31,841 Views, 2,102 Comments

Good Things Come - Sweet Tale



Human x Luna story - Teen rated.

  • ...
128
 2,102
 31,841

PreviousChapters Next
3. Explanations

*groan*

I regained consciousness...again.

"Ugh...ok, this is just getting annoying now.", I said out loud. I lifted my head slightly and found that I was in a upright position, like I was sitting on a deck chair. I opened my eyes slowly and the sight before me was...well...unexpected would have been the understatement of the century.

"Where the hell am I?!", I exclaimed, quite loudly.

The world around me looked like a child's cartoon show. Everything was so bright with all different pastel colours. It looked like one of those old 'paint by numbers' pictures where every bright colour possible was used.

"Ok...I have to be dreaming. This just cannot be real.", I stated before using my right arm to lift a blanket that was covering me so I could look down at my body to survey the injuries that the doctor had mentioned...big mistake.

"OH MY FU--...my god, I'm a mess." I now realised why my limbs hurt when I tried to move them. My left arm was heavily bandaged, lying in a sling across my chest. 'Ok, that must be broken', I thought. My left leg was in a plaster cast being held up by a footrest. "Damn...", I muttered. My chest was wrapped in bandages also which made me think that maybe some ribs were broken.

I sat back, breathing heavily, taking it all in.

"...Well, it could be worse...ahaha...owww...", I tried to joke but my laugh caused a pain in my chest.

"You're absolutely right - it could be much worse.", a voice emanated from inside the room.

"Who's there?", I asked quickly.

That click-clack noise was heard again. From around the curtain, a small horse walked towards me slowly. "Only me, Doctor Stitch."

Fear struck me as it talked and I tried to shuffle away from it as much as I could, memories coming back to me about the previous encounter.

"S-s-stay back. I d-d-don't want any trouble.", I managed to splutter out through my chattering teeth.

"Whoa, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. Just calm down", he spoke in a soothing voice...it actually worked. I slumped back down into my seated position, not breaking eye contact with the horse, and tried to think of something smart to say.

"Huh, I didn't realised that horsies could talk-". I face-palmed.

Horsies..great going Owen.

"Oh yes. All of us 'horsies' talk. By the by, we are actually ponies, not horses.", he replied with a smile.

"Sorry, I couldn't think of the right word. This is just...all too much for me at the moment. Everything's so strange..."

Both of us stayed silent for a bit before the doctor spoke up.

"I never asked yesterday. What is your name?".

"I never said? Really? Huh, sorry about that. My name is Owen."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Owen. I'll just put this on the chart.". The doctor scribbled my name onto the chart in his hand...or hoof...not sure.

Silence again.

"So...how long were you in the room for?", I asked.

"Well, I came by to check if you were awake. You started to regain consciousness so I hid around the corner so you wouldn't be scared when you saw me. Seems that it worked." the doctor replied.

"Scared when I saw you?...OH! Of course, I remember. You took off the bandages covering my eyes, then...I saw you and..." Realization hit me. "...I fainted, didn't I?", I nervously asked.

"Yep."

"Sorry..."

"No need to apologise. I said you may not like what you see and I think i was spot on!" he said cheerfully.

"Yeah, haha...so...I managed to look at my body...I'm a bit of a mess. Thanks for patching me up so well.", I said with honest gratitude.

"Well, the other doctors, nurses and myself could only do so much. We have never encountered a species like yourself before. We don't even know what certain parts of your body or what your bones are called."

"Ah, allow me to explain. You may want to write this down."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a good ten minutes of using what medical knowledge I had, I had explained what the limbs on my body were called and what bones were in my body. The doctor then explained exactly what I had damaged.

"Ok, so from what you have told me, the Radius and Humerus in your left arm were fractured. The Femur and the Fibula in your left leg were broken and 3 of your ribs were cracked. You sprained part of your right hand so we bandaged it up as well. You also had a small gash in your head but there is no serious damage there."

"Wow...that's pretty bad. Although I must admit, the pain seems to have eased a little since yesterday. More than a little in fact.", I said, inquisitively.

"Ah, now that would be because of me. I used a few healing spells on your broken bones which is making them heal at an exponential rate. You should be fully healed within 3 days."

My mouth hung agape, taking in what he had just said.

"Problem, Owen?"

"Yeah...sorry but...did you just say 'healing spells'?", I asked.

"You heard correctly. How do you think I got into this profession? When I was in school, all my time was spent learning new magic spells.", he replied happily.

"There's magic here...unbeliveable..." I noticed the top of his head, then the cogs in my head started to spin. "I just noticed something. You have a horn. Does that make you a unicorn?", I inquired.

"Indeed it does. Why do you ask?"

"Where I'm from, there is no magic...or unicorns...or talking ponies.", I said, dryly.

"Well...where are you from?", the doctor asked.

"I'm from England - Portsmouth to be precise....actually...here's a question...where exactly am I?"

The doctor had a confused look on his face. He got up and walked towards the main door and poked his head out. I heard him speak.

"Nurse Redheart, could you please inform Miss Sparkle that she can come and see the creature now."

He walked back in and stood next to me.

"Sorry about that, I'm finding this all a bit strange. I've asked for one of the town's most intellectual ponies to come and speak with you. I hope that's ok."

"Err, ok sure. So, can you tell me where I am?", I asked.

"Oh, sorry, I completely ignored you then. Well, Owen, you are in the small town of Ponyville."

I thought for a second. "Hmm, can't say I've ever heard of it. What country am I in?", I asked, slightly confused.

"You are in the Kingdom of Equestria.", he stated proudly.

Not a clue. I had no clue.

"I'm pretty sure there is no country called Equestria. Sounds like a make-believe place for kids."

"Well, believe it. You are in Equestria.". The doctor looked at the clock on the wall, gasping at the time. "Whoops. I was supposed to meet a family upstairs 5 minutes ago. They need an update on their foal. Sorry Owen but I have to take care of my other patients now. I'm sorry I can't help with your questions to the greatest detail but I'm sure when Twilight gets here, she can clear everything up for you.", the doctor said.

"Twilight? Who's that?", I curiously asked.

"She's the pony I mentioned just now. She'll be along shortly I imagine. Ahh, 6 minutes! I really must go. I'll check up on you later!" he called as he dashed out of the room.

I leant back, trying to understand what the doctor had just told me. Equestria? That's not a country. It really does sound like a cartoon setting. With the colours of this world and the odd name, this was becoming all too weird. Especially the whole magic thing.

"Hmm...why is nothing ever straightforward..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes passed. Still contemplating what the doctor said, I heard the door open. I turned my head to see a purple pony wallking towards me. This must be Twilight, I thought.

She stood at my left side and started eyeing my body up and down. I was doing the same to hers. She had a shining purple coat that glimmered in the sunlight which the window was feeding in. She had some hair on her head which was a dark purple with a pink streak running through the middle. Her tail had the same colour scheme. She also had a horn - another unicorn. I looked into her eyes - they were beautiful. A beautiful shade of violet. We were both staring at each other until she broke the silence.

"So, you're the creature that everypony was talking about.", she said, smiling away.

"Yep, that would be me.", I replied with a smile of my own.

"Well then, introductions. My name is Twilight Sparkle and I am the faithful student of Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria.", she stated proudly.

"My name is Owen. I am from England."

Her horn started to glow and she levitated a feather quill and started jotting down notes on a piece of paper. The jingling sound was there again.

"Ahh, so that's what that was.", I declared.

"I'm sorry?"

"Yesterday, when the nurse gave me some water. I was still unable to see and the nurse poured some water into my mouth and I heard a jingling noise. It was her magic making that noise. I thought it was wind chimes!", I replied, chuckling towards the end.

She looked at me with confusion. "You don't know what magic sounds like? You said you are from England. Where is that exactly?"

"England? It's in the UK." Twilight still looked confused. "United Kingdom." Same expression. "Europe?.....Planet Earth?", I laughed at the end.

"I have never heard of the United Kingdom or Europe or Planet Ea--"

Twilight's pen dropped to the floor and she stared at me with her mouth wide open.

'Wow, I could fit my fist in there.', I thought.

She then stood up on her back legs and lent against the side of the bed with her front legs - all the time staring into my eyes.

"PLANET EARTH? You mean to tell me you're from another planet?!" she almost shouted at me.

I jolted back slightly from her outburst. "Err...a different planet? You mean I'm not on Earth anymore?", I asked, scared at what the answer would be.

"I can one hundred percent truthfully say that you are not on Planet Earth. You are in Equestria.", she replied.

My brain tried to process what Twilight had just said. I wasn't on Earth anymore. I was in an entirely different world.

"That explains the unicorns and the magic and the talking...", I quietly said.

"Well yes. Equestria is home to millions of ponies of all varities.". She looks at me. I'm try my best to hold a normal face but I end up just looking lost and confused. "What's wrong?", she asks.

"There's no such thing as magic on my world. Or unicorns or talking ponies for that matter. Unicorns are depicted as mythological creatures and are spoken of in legends. Magic doesn't exist where I'm from - only illusions and tricks are classed as magic in my world. Nothing like what you do with the levitation and whatnot. Ponies on the other hand don't speak. They are wild animals and sometimes kept for pets. They aren't smart and they aren't sentient." I explained.

Twilight's expression was priceless. Looked like 'WTF are you talking about!'. She quickly jotted this all down mumbling whilst she was doing it.

"This is incredible. I've never heard of a place were magic doesn't exist. Truly astounding!", she muttered to herself.

I noticed she was grinning a bit too much for my liking. "Uhh, Twilight? You ok?", I asked with concern.

She quickly reduced the grin to a small smile. "Oh, sorry. It's just this is an amazing discovery......OH! How silly of me! I forgot the most important question. What exactly are you?"

"I am a Homo Sapien or Human for short.". She quickly scribbled it down.

"..and how many humans are there in your world?", she asked.

"Well it fluctuates all the time but I think it's just short of about seven billion." Twilight looked genuinely shocked. "Seven billion? Wow..."

"Ok, next. When were you born and how old are you?"

"I was born on the...wait a minute. What date is it today?"

"It's Wednesday, the 1st of August, 2012.", she stated.

"Ah, so our days, months and years are the same. I was born in April, 1989, which makes me 23 years young, hehe.", I said with a chuckle. Twilight replied with a giggle of her own.

After a few more questions, Twilight finally put down here quill and paper. "Thank you so much for answering my questions Owen. I'll be sure to report this to the Princess at once.", she happily stated.

"Wait, the Princess? That...er...Celerystar you mentioned?, I asked.

Twilight laughed. "Haha! Celerystar! She'll love that. It's Princess Celestia."

"That's the one. You're going to tell her about me?"

"Of course. It was her who asked me to come and see you in the first place. I'm sure you're aware of how you were brought here, correct?" I nodded.

"Well, the Princess was made aware of an unknown creature from the doctor and she immediately came here to look at you. She was unsure of what you were but as I was in close proximity of the hospital, she gave me the responsibility of talking with you once you had awoken. I was also supposed to get some sketches and details of your anatomy but since half of your body is in repair, I think I'll have to wait until you leave the hospital."

"Oh I see. That makes sense. Well, I have a few questions of my own if you've got time to answer them.", I asked.

"Of course. I'll be more than happy to.", she happily replied.

I nodded and tried to sit upright. Doing so, I managed to notice something of Twilight's...rear that I hadn't noticed before. It was a mark of a bright pink six pointed star with five white six pointed stars surrounding it. I asked about that first in the nicest fashion.

"Right, first question. What's with the butt tattoo?".

Butt tattoo? That's the best you could come up with?!

Twlight giggled. "Well, this is what's called a Cutie Mark. A cutie mark depicts a pony's special talent in life. It could be from anything from gardening to reading to painting. The mark normally appears during a pony's adolescence stage of life but sometimes, ponies can go for years before receiving theirs. If you're wondering, my cutie mark depicts magic as I am an expert at it."

"That's pretty awesome. Ok, next question. You mentioned there were different varities of pony. What other kinds are there?"

"There are unicorns, like myself and the doctor, who can use magic through our horns. We can learn a wide variety of spells from levitation, as you saw earlier, to teleportation."

My eyes lit up at that last statement. "Teleportation? Awesome!". I must have looked like a kid in a sweet shop.

"There are Pegasus ponies who have wings. The pegasi fly and are mainly used to control the weather in Equestria. They use magic also but you cannot see it. The magic they exert actually helps them fly and to use their special abilities to control the weather."

"They control the weather? That's amazing. Back in my world, the weather just does it's own thing. Nothing controls it."

Twilight quickly jotted that down on the paper.

"The last type of pony is the Earth pony who have no wings or horn. These ponies are normally used for hard work and labor. Their magic is used as strength to help them within these roles. Well I hope that answers that question.", she said.

"Absouletely, all of this information is very helpful.", I happily replied.

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you but I'm afraid I must be off. I have to deliver this information to the Princess." Twilight got up to leave.

"Wait.", I called after her. "I'm not leaving here for another three days. Do you think you can come along again some time so we can talk more? I really enjoyed talking with you."

Twilight looked at me with huge smile. "Of course I can. I'll also bring some books from my library so you can learn about Equestria. I can come by tomorrow at about midday?"

"That sounds great. I hope to see you then.", I replied.

"Sounds good. Bye!", she said before walking out of the doors.

I lay back in my bed and rested my head on the backrest. "This is just surreal. New planet, new species, magic, flying ponies...it's just...amazing...", I talked to myself.


Mumbling to myself for the next few minutes, a white pony with pink hair and tail came into the room. She had a first aid red cross with 4 hearts surrounding it as her cutie mark - pretty apt. She came over to me.

"Hello Owen. We are just about to serve dinner. What would you like from our menu?"

She handed me a menu with her teeth (no hands...right) and I scanned through it. "Hmm, I don't think most of this food would sit well with me. My body can't digest flowers or grass or hay. Could I have a vegetable salad, if that's ok?"

"No problem at all. I'll be back shortly." she replied and walked out of the room.

Shortly was correct. Within two minutes, she came back with a plate full of lettuce, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, onion and topped with sweetcorn. Noticing that I don't have cutlery, I had to resort to using my...ah.

"Um, I don't mean to be a pain but could you please unbandage my right hand? I'll need to use it to feed myself...", I asked sheepishly.

She gentley unwrapped the light bandaging on my hand. Looking at it, it was a bit swollen but I was able to flex all of my fingers and twist my wrist so it looks like my hand has healed well.

I pick up a piece of food and take a bite...and what a bite it was. The flavour was astounding with everything tasting so fresh. Finishing the meal, I fought the urge to lick the plate clean.

Shortly after dinner, it was turning dark. Looking at the clock, it read 9PM. A bit early for me but I do need to sleep at some point. Taking to the opportunity to get a rare early night, I rested my head on the pillow. Despite being in a different world with no humans here at all, I could tell that it was going to be good. I was looking forward to seeing Twilight again tomorrow.

Soon enough, I was in the land of nod.

PreviousChapters Next