• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 7,711 Views, 521 Comments

Unexpected Allies - Eternal Sunset

Comments ( 58 )

Ouch, those gifts where both sweet, and the crulist thing she could have ever done.

Yeah, that sounds like Sunset. A shame it's over, would like to see just where they go from here.

"I paid off all the families using the gems I had back in equestria.

Called it
Never before have I ever witnessed a guilt trip so glorious. Well done.
The guilt has been doubled! 🎉 Kill'em with kindness Sunset!

Not a bad end. Would definitely like to see the herd story at some point.

9232546
There was no cruelty in her actions because she prepared the gifts prior to Anon-A-Miss. She was planning to present them at this very party. If anything she's showing them that she's not as petty as others might think/expect.

It's a warm but heartbreaking ending in ways.
Thou got to ask what the theme with the new Anon A Miss story?

9232793
It's going to be lighthearted, with how heartbreaking the ending was for some of the Rainbooms the new one will be less so.

9232704
Oh yes there was. The simple fact she gave them their gifts, with the notes she did, after everything was horribly cruel. Without being cruel in the slightest.

It's wonderfully Sunset. She destroyed them in the nicest possible way.

A most excellent ending to a fantastic story. Great job!

9233087
Cruel without meaning to be.

9232546
I was originally going to do a sequel that involves the friendship games, but I really wanted to write another Anon-A-Miss story I had in mind.

I'll admit, I kinda still hope that there would be more fimfics that has Sunset and Pony Twilight hating the Traitorous Five for what they have done to Sunset and to show that they shouldn't forgive those who let Sunset down in a really bad way (and the Canterlot Wedding is another example!), but, can't change that.

Cool story though!

I enjoyed this story, I'll be glad to read your next one.

Yay that was a good end. I can't wait for the next one!

CSC

Great ending here man,

Will there be a sequel if this story?

is there a twilight back story to all this?

yeah there needs to be a sequel to this.

"That scone was delicious." Twilight commented. "Be sure to give Gilda my compliments."

BREAD FOR THE BREAD GOD, SCONES FOR THE SCONE THRONE!

9409465
Yep. Do you think he might like my OC?

9410768
I posted a link to him in that particular thread.

9410774
On Vengeance by Fire in the Anon-A-Miss forum?

I’m curious, after rereading this I’m still not sure why Sunset was suddenly enraged talking about family with Applebloom, mostly because it sounds like she had a revelation of some sort.

9419947
She did have a revelation, it's that Applejack never saw her as family and that she was a hypocrite.

9420053
Ah. Had thought she had already realized that.

9420667
Yeah, but when she was explaining to Applebloom what Applejack had told her, she noted that Applejack showed none of those things towards her. Further proving she wasn’t family to her.

Well, I must admit, this was a wild ride and a half. I've only just started going through all the Anon-a-miss stories, and once again, I'm happy that i found a unique take on the original material. Both your story and The Blue EM2's Anon-a-miss Remastered have given me a much needed break from the dark, depressing, and admittedly hitting far too close to home stories.

As someone who never actually read the original, for lack of knowledge on where to find the comics, It was always hard to know what was inspired and what was exaggerated. For example, I'm unaware if Rainbow did set Sunset up to be hurt in the original. It does my heart good to see stories where Sunset gets a happy ending, because I see a lot of myself in her. I wasn't a raging she-demon to people, mind you, as i was more like EQG Fluttershy growing up, an easy target for relentless bullying. One bad day was all it took to snap and fight back. one bad month left me more broken then I like admitting, and also with a reputation of 'Don't fuck with me anymore.' It got worse before it got better, but i was never 100% again.

I see Sunset's struggle in these stories as a mirror to my own, in a way. an uphill battle to beat back the depression, anxiety and dark thoughts that plague my mind and body to this day. And that's why I've grown a bit attached to the Anon-a-Miss stories. It helps me come to grips with what could have happened to me. Some stories have Sunset commit suicide, some have her saved from that fate by unlikely sources sometimes, be it the Dazzlings, Principal Celestia, or even Twilight. Heck, My absolute favorite, besides this story and The Blue EM2's, Arcanum -Phantasy Seven Saviors and their on-going 'The Gaps in Friendship has Derpy as Sunset's savior. It's always interesting to see how things can change with a little perspective switch.

on the other hand though, There are the stories such as Scampy's Last Light (https://www.fimfiction.net/story/425029/last-light) that hit harder then I thought possible. There's a post i made there that accurately sums up how i've been feeling as of late.

Long Story Short, I'm not 100% better. It'll likely be years before I even come close. But these Anon-A-Miss stories, even the ones where Sunset dies, are helping me. They show me what could have been, as well as what can come about. Thankfully, I no longer have suicidal thoughts, and even though the depression still has it's hooks deep in me, I guess I'd like to say, Thank you for this wonderful story. You and everyone else making these Anon-A-Miss stories have helped one person more then you know. and I look forward to your future stories. Sorry for the wall of text, and touchy-feely stuff.

9880246
Wow, I am truly touched that not only did you enjoyed my story but that it's helping you. In the comic Rainbow Dash never set up Sunset, I hope you enjoy my other story and future one! :twilightsmile:

So... Any chance of sequel?

I don't really see why Sunset should pay for them to drop the lawsuits, they have proof that they send the secrets themselves or it was their friends, there is freedom of speech after all, just like the reporters did not had any problem in saying Sunset was Spitfire and Soarin daughter, (Something that could be stopped by showing a blood test saying they are not related) or the students assault and say she was Anon-A-miss and even bully her. I even wonder what is going to happen to the assault.

Also, we need to see how will the Dazzlings go with their new diet and Sunset visit Equestria.

All that aside, it was a entertaining fic.

9907021
I don’t plan to write a sequel at the moment.

so who thinks they'll really become real friends after Wallflower erased their memories? when Sunset get them back of course, knowing something is fishy

This is hands down the best Anon-a-miss story I have read. This might also be my favorite story on fimfiction! Very well done.

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

When will there be a sequel, i'm so excited.

10294165
Not for a while, sorry.

Excellent job, loved all of it, one of my favorite anon-a-miss stories so far. Hope to see news about the sequel soon.

9410109
i'm getting a Borat Kazakhstan voice vibe right now...

I read your three stories. Darker and bittersweet is how I can describe this one :pinkiesick:. Sorry to say I had read it, but I can't see it becoming part of my favorite list :twilightoops:. Its well made, but depressing and not something I would want to read again :pinkiesad2:. Sorry I can't give a better review than this.

The only positive bit is Sunset getting a true family :pinkiehappy:. That light of happiness made up for the overall depression it was causing me :twilightblush:.

10597335
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I was going for a "bittersweet" ending for this story.

10642985
Sorry if it comes across rude. As a writer myself, i always check my grammar over before publishing.

Login or register to comment