• Published 25th May 2016
  • 11,241 Views, 187 Comments

Rule of Three - Klamnei



Twilight Velvet and Night Light have two children that are national heroes. Celestia and Luna would like to see if that trend continues.

  • ...
26
 187
 11,241
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 42 )

And so ends this story. Perhaps Velvet's and Night's third child follows the trend of it's two older siblings, or perhaps maybe it doesn't. Perhaps Velvet and Night decide to keep going and have more kids, or perhaps they're content with just this. Where things go from here, I leave up to you.

Comment posted by Dusk Star Shine deleted Apr 23rd, 2017

For a sequel you should make it where the foul's growing up and its the complete opposite of a hero

That's one heck of a medical spell. :rainbowlaugh:

I don't imagine they'll stop there. :twilightsmile:

Velvet smiled goofily at the doctor. “I just came from a contraction.”

Our world needs this.

Comment posted by Crom251 deleted Jun 14th, 2017

Ok literally put this on my tracking yesterday to read and BAM done.

Very enjoyable read. I'd love to see a non clop version of this I could let my daughters read.

The idea of the age spell opens up whole stories on its own but this idea of a third child... endless possibilities.

8114060
8114116

I've got one better- it's a Wizzard. Still a hero, just... they didn't think they'd need a coward wielding a half-brick in a sock.

8114418 ah, the classics. Rincewind will always be our hero :pinkiesad2:

But it should be a completely average, unremarkable foal. So mundane in every way possible that every single being of power has absolute certainty it's a Big Damn Hero just waiting for The Call Of Destiny! :rainbowdetermined2:

The catch? It's just a pony, without anything special. Maybe they have a cutie mark in childcare, baking, making bricks or something mundane like that. The only call of destiny they hear is the (frequent) "Duck!". No, it's not a chosen one, but destiny knows better than to attract the wrath of the Royal Family :rainbowwild:

But they WILL be cute as a button!! :yay:

I honestly can't help but imagine that this third one becomes a hero in a smaller but no less profound way than their older siblings.

I can't help but imagine Velvet and Nightlight get the Title- Hero Birthers because of how many have come from them.
Maybe indeed they were meant to make sure that Equestria was safe as the parents to heros.
Still, I've enjoyed the interesting ride, Klamnei, and I really do think personally- That this is just the start of their kids exploits, and that each one to come is no less heroic than the next. Though I can't help but also imagine they take a break every decade they do this so they can just raise them.

Anyway, take care and have a wonderful month and more!

There was a dark, twisted pride in that. Velvet almost wanted it to happen, watch some scumbag fall prey to the onslaught of arcane traps and spells, then obliterated by the livid familial wrath of an alicorn archmage and an S-Class unicorn.

I pity whoever tries to date the little one when he/she reaches the age to do so. :raritywink:

Really good story, but I'm a little miffed you told us nothing about the foal, which tribe he/she is or even the gender! ::fluttershysad:

8115415

I never intended to. I wanted to leave everything about the foal up to the reader's imagination, including things like race and gender. The only things I was forced to establish was that it had eyes, and a voice.

8115661
But does the foal have a nose? Hooves?
Does this unit have a soul?

8115661 loved this story, you should consider doing a sequel (even if it's a oneshot) it's that good. Considering the family and the amount of magic involved in the lead up to be consieved I can't but think that they are a recessive alicorn

8113901 question is the foal a colt or a filly?

8116068

Does this unit have a soul?

Poor, poor Legion. ;_;

8122504

It's whatever you want it to be.

you know something? i would like this foal to grow up to be a villain.

most likely because of the ungodly amount of Pressure to succeed pressing down on 'em by either it's parents or more plausibly celestia/luna.

it would be an interest dilemma. With twilight not willing to just blast it with rainbow fruitcake magic because it's her sibling.

You truly are a wordsmith of the highest caliber in the art of fecund exposition, being able to bring out its appeal and beauty so thoroughly and vividly. Not only that, but also your character interactions and their distinct personalities are a joy to read about :twilightsmile:

I noticed some minor typos and missed words here and there, but it wasn't anything overly distracting.

All in all, this was an excellently written story, and I enjoyed it immensely :yay:

8137294

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed.

Comment posted by Jaro45 deleted Jun 14th, 2017

8137311 so far no one has said they wanted the foal to be an alicorn, though given the reputation of said race, I can see why. The only reason I bring this up is because it was brought by the princesses that it might be one, though it's only speculation. Honestly, and I know I might give people a sour note when saying this, but I would actually be interested if it was an alicorn foal. I wouldn't want it to be a mary sue obviously, though given how powerful flurry heart and starlight glimmer Is, the latter being an adult unicorn, it might be tricky. But that's only what I would like to see, regardless you did a splendid job.

Took me a bit but I finally finished this story. And I loved it.

Loved the emotional weight here!

Night lifted Velvet’s hoof, nuzzling her fetlock. “This might just be our lot in life, hun. To be the parents of heroes. Maybe it’s our way of serving the country.”

Oh! Oh! Idea! Fable crossover! Velvet and Night. The parents of not just heroes, but Heroes!:pinkiehappy:

Well, i have to say, this was different. I loved it aaaall the same~!:raritywink:
Another 10 on the :yay:itude meter!
I hope that a sequel is forthcoming. :ajsmug:
If not, good health to Night, Velvet and their likely MANY foals!:twilightsmile:

8554538

I did a little potential epilogue thing as a one hour challenge. It's in my "wouldn't it be cool if" series.

Also thank you for the praise. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Out of curiosity, how come Velvet didn't get a gorging scene?

8944821

Saving it for the sequel.

8944914
:rainbowderp:

Sequel? So they really are going to keep getting Velvet knocked up and sexy?

8944990

That's the direction I'd like to go. Let's call it one of many possible futures, it's just the one I want to write about.

There was a dark, twisted pride in that. A part of Velvet almost wanted it to happen, to see some scumbag fall prey to the onslaught of arcane traps and spells, only to then face the wrath of an enraged alicorn archmage and a military-trained S-Class unicorn.

Every known villain in Equestria (at the very apex of their power & working perfectly together) vs The Sparkle Household. Who would win?

9565930
In my head canon as well, the ruling families of Equestria and the Crystal Empire are distantly related, but do we know that this is actually part of the canon in some episode?

One issue I have with this story is how you seem to depict Twilight as being older than she is in the show. She wouldn't be that much older than the new foal, as couples have kids when their kids are teens all of the time. And make no mistake, Twilight is still a teenager according to Lauren Faust and numerous other show makers Twitter feeds. They simply lack high school, moving out shortly after entering their teens. Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns is the closest thing to high school there is in that world.

Overall, I enjoyed this fic. I am always welcome to seeing more development for Velvet and Night Light considering how little we saw of them in FIM. The overall premise was interesting and panned out well and the character interactions presented here felt natural and fun. That being said, I personally felt like some things were missing that could have made this fic so much richer for me. I felt there were elements in this story, like Shining, Cadence, and Twilight's initial reactions to their parents' decision, that were given a brief mention and could have been developed further. I also think it might have been nice to see more development for how Velvet and Night were coping/handling the consequences of their decision at different points during the pregnancy.

I apologize for the length of this comment; I do not want you to think that I thought this was not good, because I think it absolutely is a good story! Thanks you for listening and I look forward to reading more of your work!

Login or register to comment