• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 5,244 Views, 132 Comments

Austraeoh: Abridged - shortskirtsandexplosions



A spectral maned horse of voice cracking awesomeness, commonly known as Rainbow Dash, travails upon flying her prismatic figure eastward beyond the purple mountains, as told by old friends, noble and wise and otherwise.

  • ...
14
 132
 5,244

Appledashery: Abridged

"Maybe I should ask Applejack out." Rainbow Dash took two steps towards Sweet Apple Acres, paused, and then turned around. "Nah. Maybe later."

Comments ( 53 )

The most efficient abridgment I've ever read.

Damnit, Skirts. Your avatar change scared the shit out of me. My heart hurts. I taste copper.

7083868 What about "Rainbow Dash flies east"?

7083882 A good point, but I don't think it captures the spirit of Austraeoh quite as beautifully as the masterpiece above captures that of Appledashery.

I'm actually not sure whether I'm joking.

Goddammit, Skirts. :facehoof:

That about sums it up, yeah.

havent read appledashery yet, but from what I've heard, sounds about right

7083882 Who cares about that fic, anyway? :pinkiecrazy:

This would be the short description if Scootaloo decided to publish the story in a fanfic site.

And thus I have no need to read either of the full series. :raritywink:

7083927
That's pretty much it, yeah.

Goddammit, I guess I can stop reading Appledashery now.

HAH! oh my gosh, this is great.

Scarily accurate :rainbowlaugh:

GAH DAMMIT SKIRTS

Skirts, you are a magnificent lemur.

Yeah, that about sums it up!

Welp... that pretty much makes the other 942,459 words redundant.

I didn't think it was possible to sum up AppleDashery in 27 words.
I was wrong.

Well played Just Essay. Well played.

7084668 Ahem. That wasn't the elk I was referring to.

Well this idea clearly has no potential.

Khao #25 · Apr 1st, 2016 · · ·

This is also canon.

7083877

...wasn't that initially an avatar of that-author-who-does-not-want-to-be-mentioned (DH)?

Honestly, this makes me feel a little sad.

Thank you, Skirts, for spoiling the whole book. :ajbemused:

7085076 Correct, sir. Seeing it in my feed took me back years.

7086777
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

7085076
Indeed. Skirts has tried to imply that he is secretly that author before, but I still don't believe him. :trixieshiftleft:

:trixieshiftright: But what if he is?

I hate you.

Not really, but still...

7086930

Oh yeah. Those details. :fluttercry:

Yo, what even?

7086930 Actually, the sword was... not quite as finicky but still as finicky as Luna's enchantment, if I remember correctly.
Luna's enchantment works for 3 nights a month, when the moon is full.
The Sword of Solstice worked regardless of the sun's position but it needed to be in direct sunlight for the communication enchantment to function.

7086930 Unless she's so far away now that night and day are switched between where she and where the Jury is

Ooh! Ooh! Do The Things Tavi Says next! :pinkiehappy:

7087626
Wouldn't the nature of the world built in the Austraeoh series make that impossible ?

Love you skirts.

That was very nice surprise. I miss everyone and there shenanigans. Glad to see them again.

Also hope this is canon.

Yeah, that's AppleDashery in a nutshell, alright.
Whelp, now that you're all caught up, I expect to see a whole bunch more of you suffering enjoying the story along with the rest of us! :twilightsmile:
Though it wouldn't hurt to actually read the story, 'cause adventure 'n stuff

... I hate you so much. And I love you at the same time. And I both love and hate that. The fact that this actually is a fair summary (except for the buffalo-ciderspace-illness-goodnessknowswhatelse parts, mind...) both cracks me up and brings me close to a full-on breakdown.

7088137 I think so? It's been so long I've forgotten the parameters of Luna's communication with Rainbow Dash outside of it needs to be a full moon. Either way, I was going off of "what is a solution" kind of thing, not how probable it was.

Highly disturbing how accurate this is.

7379328 You are replying to a comment made fourteen weeks ago, Captain 20-20 Hindsight.

7380054 Yeah sorry, I realised that after the fact.

Login or register to comment