• Published 13th May 2012
  • 53,443 Views, 8,236 Comments

Austraeoh - Imploding Colon

  • ...
88
 8,236
 53,443

PreviousChapters Next
Dawn

“The power's all back and everything is bright and pretty again!” the young colt exclaimed, shivering with excitement from where he sat atop the apartment balcony. “Oh Flowers, I can't believe it! Does this mean we can see Mom and Dad again?”

“It means we can all see each other again...” Flower Gears squatted low and engulfed her younger sibling in the dearest of hugs. “Dearest brother, if I had known that things would get so ugly before, I would have tried to make it to the east district much earlier...”

“Don't apologize, sis,” he said, sniffling. He buried his face into her shoulder. “I'm so sick of everypony feeling sorry...”

“Well, no more,” she murmured, nuzzling him close. “Let's be happy from now on, okay? We've got our family back, we've got our city back. Let's just be thankful...”

He shuddered briefly before opening one tearful eye and murmuring, “Does this mean that you and I still gotta learn to talk funny like all the grownups?”

Flower Gears snickered, then giggled as she held him in her quivering limbs. “We can talk and laugh and chat any way we like. Let's see any ponies tell us otherwise!”

“Heehee! Well, in that case, I love you, sis.”

“I love you to, brother...”

The two sat on the balcony, absorbing each other's shuddering breaths, as a blue figure gazed from the platform above.

Smirking, Rainbow Dash drowned in the sight for a minute or two before stretching her wings, ascending to the skies, and darting swiftly over the glowing rooftops of Darkstine. She rocketed eastward just as the sun peaked over the horizon, and her figure was lost in its golden beam.

PreviousChapters Next