• Published 13th May 2012
  • 53,790 Views, 8,240 Comments

Austraeoh - Imploding Colon

  • ...
88
 8,240
 53,790

PreviousChapters Next
Eastward

The constellations bowed around Rainbow Dash as she soared towards the east horizon. Hours into her flight, she had planted the goggles once more on her head. A light condensation gathered over the lenses, but that didn't seem to deter her.

With quiet grace, she angled her wings to catch the wind currents that would carry her forward with the least amount of effort. She glided for hours, with only the stars above as company.

There was no expression to her face, no curvature to her lips, no moisture to her eyes or shine to her coat. She was one with the sky, an accidental splash of colors against a curious and unpredictable tapestry. Her only purpose—her only desire—was to keep soaring her way through that mosaic, to discover more and more of it, even if it threatened to drown her all the more.

The mountains of Wintergate subsided beneath her. She was finally gracing a flat landscape for the first time in over a week. Windthrow was long behind. Rainbow Dash didn't even bother tempting a glance into her peripheral vision. All that mattered was forward.

Soon, the horizon was burning. With dawn came the rising Sun, the unwitting task of Princess Luna, and the one remaining anchor Rainbow Dash knew she would always have to home... or what she had once called “home.”

As the golden rays melted over the dewy landscape, Rainbow Dash closed her goggled eyes. She expected no mountain to collide with, no cloud to get buried in. Everything was air and wind and forgetfulness. She allowed it to embrace her like a lover, rocking away the memories of yesterday—both painful and blissful. Soon, she was bathed in the warmth of the eastward horizon, and her only recourse was to melt in it.

PreviousChapters Next