• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 4,080 Views, 347 Comments

Growing A Shell - bluemoon1996



Creating characters for a fandom you love is fine and dandy. But turning into them? That's another story.

  • ...
13
 347
 4,080

I'm sorry guys... It's over


I regret to tell all of you awesome awesome people that after some thought and a half a bottle of Bacardi Rum Growing a Shell is now officially canceled:ajsleepy:

As I've stated before in previous blog posts, my urge to write on this fic has been essentially nonexistent since the start of last summer and I don't want this to sit on the shelves collecting digital dust, with y'all having vain hopes that it may come back some say.

The lack of interest is for many reasons: moving onto other stories, and the fact that well, Midnightwhaterhernameisnow
is rather crappy at running this group, and to be rather frank, her fic was meh to begin with. Hell, look at the time stamp on the document.

Look at the date on the very bottom one; that was the next chapter of shell and I have not touched it since June.

So to bring this to a close, you guys are awesome. This fic is the highest ranked one I have in terms of likes and faves and I still don't understand how you crazy horse loving bastards decided to love this fic anyways:ajsleepy: I noticed so many goddamn flaws and cheesy little typos and stuff when I recently reread it.

The pacing is all out of whack, the characters don't act like how no human would do normally and the "romance" was kind of ham-fisted between Johnny and dalton (hell, the two sides were only going to kiss and that was the extent of it). But this fic was the one that finally got me to come out of my little writers shell and finally get to being a productive member of the Brony fandom.

And who knows, maybe some day, this fic will be redone.

Comments ( 62 )

Well, that's a shame. :fluttershysad:

Still, thanks for actually making it official instead of just letting this story linger as 'Incomplete' for the rest of time.

Sorry to hear this. I did enjoy it.
The concept is indeed a promising one.
A like:dislike of 20:1 is indicative you're doing something very right in one way at least.

The main reason Midnight is't doing anything with the fic right now, is because we're meant to write the week thing before being transported, so that crossovers become possible, as well as not having Midnight going far overboard with the fic before we catch up.

Midnight stated that the story is on hiatus until at least two other fics have written about the week, something I seemed to be the only one to do before Midnight mentioned it, everyone else going for a time-skip.

Ah, well, I think the OTVerse is dying.

Well now i'm sad. This was one of the first fics I read. And now it's gone...

It's sad to see the story go, but I understand.

It might be a wise idea to take this chapter down and repost it as a blog post with this story tagged. It works the same way as everyone gets a notification in their feed, and doesn't leave anyone reading this for the first time confused (not to mention I think it's against fimfic's rules).

Comment posted by JohnIsOffline deleted Apr 17th, 2018

GL with any new ventures you have in the future.

6606952

Yeah, and I still kinda blame midnight
For that
6606839

I'd be fine with that; but I just haven't had the motivTion to write on mine. Hell, me and greycait are the same feelings at the moment
6606832

Still don't know why all you bastards like this thing:rainbowlaugh:


6607079

Hey, you can always read my other fics: like Bewitching circumstances (written with another group writer greycait), ELO: the tale of the misfits and Band of Invincible idiots?
6607157

Always keep an eye on the battlebug; my brain is constantly full of ideas

Who knows: dalton, Kylie, sage and Johnny May take form later again

6606952 No, never! Even if Midnight gives up, I won't

6607576

Well, the most liked fic of the verse is now dead and has been for some time

6607576 It's dimming, at least.

6607699 Unfortunately yes, but I'll bring it back together with FrostTheWolf, hopefully.

6607721

Yeah, I know that grsy and I are a bit meh on ours

A pity, but your choice is understandable. Thanks for sharing your work.

6607864

And someone wants to take its reigns from me

Well... At least that mean I have- *choke* ...one less fic to worry about- *sob*

*generic baby crying sound*

In all seriousness, this fic was fun while it lasted, and hell, so long as it helped you to be able to write even more amazing stuff then, who am I to worry?

6607302 In all honesty, I will. But my point is that this is one of the very first fics I've read. And that's why this one is so special to me.

It's fine. I know how it feels to lose drive for a story, I have a few over on Wattpad that fell to the same fate. Thankfully I'm still interested in writing my 'popular' ones.

6608694

Check out band of invincible idiots or tale of the misfits

6608694

I enjoyed it but it was like carrying a deadhorse

And so another timeline comes to a undeserving demise.
How... Unfortunate.
R.S. Will free the souls trapped in the Oblivion.

..........
Well, I'm sorry this story must end so soon. I quite enjoyed it.
My regards to you, your writing, and the characters you leave behind.

6609184

You can always check out my other work?

Now that I think about it, because of how long it's been and how far you've come as a writer, do you think you could just come up with a better story? One having to do with the same 'transformation into a changeling' deal? I'm pretty sure that you can come up with a good way to make it work. Is there any possibility of that?

6610201

Yeah, I have had a few ideas for human to bug fics and at the moment, I have a Griffin ponies after people fic sitting in my to do box:twilightblush:

And a human to foal fic in the planning stages too

6609355 yes, I actually am. Very interesting. I'm just sorrowful for these guys, they had a story ahead of them. But no hard feelings.

6611567

You do t like PaP?

6611108 Huh, okay. That's good to hear(read-_-). I'll be looking forward to that.

6613280

And there's the foalification one too :P

6613286 I'm a bit less into that kind, but I'll probably read it too.

6613288 oh well it is up to you :P

6612759
if PaP stand s for People as Ponies, or something similar, then no, I do like it.
otherwise, I'm afraid I have no understanding for the term.

6614548

It means ponies after people :P

6614555
well, I'm not sure what exactly that entails, but if it describes your stories, I have no problem with them, though I do find them somewhat weird when people suddenly get into specifics.

6614567

Umm.... I can link you to the first fic of the universe if you'd like?

6614632
Are you confused about something?
You don't sure about something.

6615597

I'm not sure you actually know what the ponies after people stuff is?

6616338
......
No, I don't think I do.
Would you be so kind as to explain?

It was enjoying. And just happens. I know the pain. And hopefully things well get better. :heart:

6686593

I actuallt have been stabbed with an arrow in real life:rainbowlaugh:

It was a fight with my cousin in the kitchen/Dining room back before i moved out and he grabbed an arrow while i grabbed a cooking pan:rainbowlaugh: good times
6686598

Johnny is not a clrver pony

*gives Discordian salute, basically a regular salute but while holding a rubber chicken*

It was a pleasure to have been reading this, and I wish thee good luck on other fics

6704264

You can always check the other ones out XD

*sits in corner of the room and cries*

6881938

No, for the sake of this story, changelings are more omnisexual than anything else

6704264
Same here. I loved it from the beginning. This story got me out of my comfort zone, and allowed me to write my story, which is the only story I've published (And not removed) that has a positive number of likes, AND a review!
So, I'm sad to see this one go, but I can understand why.

6704280
Everyone should see your other stories. They're freaking awesome! :pinkiehappy:

7117801


Awww, thank you. Also... i apparently do yood

Damn it its cancelled... Ill probably still read it later

7593061

Dont worry, its not too bad :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment