• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 6,982 Views, 183 Comments

Still Alive - Bombastic Bookpony



Twilight Sparkle's a ghost, and there's only one pony who can see her. That pony's name is Pinkie

  • ...
14
 183
 6,982

Family Problems

Pinkie woke up, but for once there was no leaping out of bed, no sudden awakening. Yesterday had been exhausting, even for her. And besides, she had a guest. At least, she hoped she had a guest. What if yesterday was all just a wonderful dream, thus becoming a cruel nightmare in the waking world, taunting her? She slowly looked over her side, hopeful yet apprehensive. Her worried face transformed into a large grin when she saw the smartie asleep. Wait, asleep? She looked Twilight over, and confirmed it. Her grin turned into a small smile.

It was so nice seeing her relaxed and at peace. There were no indication of the fervent worries of the day. Her ears were perked up, her tail jerked, and her mouth was twitched ever so slightly up. Awww. She must be having a good dream. I told her all she needed was a warm house! She quietly left her bed, going about her routine in a more subdued manner. She tiptoed to her mirror, beamed, and moved on to Gummy.

"You okay, Gummy?" She whispered.

He blinked at her.

"Oooohh, who was I talking to last night? That was Twilight. I haven't introduced you two yet, have I? Don't worry, she's awesome!"

Another blink.

She gasped as quietly as she could. "Gummy! Of course she's real!"

His claws twitched.

"You think she's going to replace you? You know nopony could replace you!"

A slight wag of the tail.

Pinkie began to tear up. "Oh Gummy!" She swooped him up into her arms.

He yawned.

"I love you too, Gummy. I love you too." She heard a groan behind her. Whoops, I woke her up!

Twilight slowly opened her eyes, gradually rose to her feet, and yawned and stretched. She looked at Pinkie through lazy eyes and smiled. Until she noticed the alligator dangerously close to Pinkie's head. OhCelestiaohCelestia! "Pinkie!" she yelled. Forgetting her intangibility, she rushed over there and futilely tried to shove Pinkie away from the creature. It would have been quite heroic, had it worked. Of course, her hoofs just went through her.

"Whoa, Twi, what's wrong?" Pinkie asked, concerned.

Twilight looked at her disbelievingly. "There's an alligator. In. Your. ARMS!"

"Who, Gummy?" she giggled. "He's my pet. Don't worry, he's toothless! It's just like cotton candy pressing against you when he bites!" He clamped down on her arm as if to demonstrate. "See? Thanks for proving my point, Gummy."

"Bwah?" Twilight shook herself out of her confusion. She must not've noticed him yesterday. He was really quiet, and she had had bigger things to deal with. "Okay then, I can roll with that. Not the weirdest thing I've seen." His blank eyes were indiscernible; it seemed like he was looking everywhere and nowhere, and either way, was peering into her very soul. "He ... can't see me, can he?"

Pinkie giggled and set him down. "Silly Twilight, he's an alligator! Don't worry though! He believes me that you're real!"

"Of course he does," Twilight deadpanned.

"So how was your sleep?"

"Fantastic. I had forgotten how good it felt."

"Any good dreams?"

Twilight looked into those blue eyes and smiled. "Yeah. The best I've ever had."

"Great! You ready for the library?" Twilight had barely nodded before Pinkie backtracked. "Wait, it's a job day today! I have to help the Cakes!" She was suddenly downcast, turning her gaze down. "I have to help the Cakes."

Twilight frowned, worried. She shouldn't feel guilty about not helping me. She has her own life. "Hey, it's okay. I have time. We can do it later today."

"It's--It's not that. You remember how I freaked out yesterday, wondering if you were real?"

Twilight nodded.

"Well, it was because I overheard them talking about overhearing me talking to you. They think I'm crazy. Loony Pinkie, who needs somepony to shelter her from the real world," she said bitterly.

"I'm sure they're only worried about you."

"That's the worst part." Pinkie's shoulders slumped, and she let out a sigh.

"Hey, it'll turn out fine, you'll see. I can be there, if you like."

"No, it'd just make me seem weirder, because there's no way I can ignore you. Thanks anyway." When she saw Twilight's worried face, she lightly smiled to alleviate her. "I'll be fine, Twi. You should go out, see the town!"

"Right, because I'll have so much fun in the library with books I can't touch, and in the park with ponies I can't socialize with due to that pesky problem of being invisible and unhearable!" Twilight sarcastically enthused.

"Exactly! You can spy on ponies, or just watch them like you did in Canterlot and all those other places. Do it for me?"

"I don't know ..."

"For meeeeeee," Pinkie whined.

"Fine," she sighed. "But if you need me at all, get me, ok? I'll be at the park."

"Gotcha." She enthusiastically bobbed her head. "After you, m'lady?" They giggled as they went down the stairs. The giggling stopped once they reached the bottom floor, and Pinkie's face fell ever so slightly.

"Pinkie--" Twilight began.

"Go," Pinkie whispered.

Twilight silently nodded, then walked through the wall to the outside. Pinkie plastered on a smile as she went to the counter.

"Pinkie!" the Cakes enthusiastically greeted.

But Pinkie knew it was fake. As fake as the manufactured smiles on their faces. She had thought the Cakes took her seriously, listened to her. But no, they talked behind her back like everypony else. They thought of her as a naive, crazy filly who needed to be fixed, just like everypony else.

All this time Pinkie thought they respected her and treated her like an adult, but they were just fakers. Well, three can play the faking game.

Pinkie put on a huge grin. "Let's get bakin'!"


Twilight plopped down on the green grass underneath the nice shade from a tall tree and took in the serene park. It brought a smile to her face, watching fillies play, friends hang out, pegasi practicing their tricks, and ponies just relaxing. In particular, she watched siblings bond; a stallion and his little brother wrestled, a filly and her older sister having a picnic, and a stallion teaching his LSBFF how to fly a kite.

A pang of sadness hit her. Shining Armor loved flying kites with me, and Spike loved picnics. He was such a good cook, and he loved it when I praised him. She sighed, getting lost in memories for a brief moment before snapping out of it. You came here to relax. What would Pinkie think if she found out you were bumming yourself out?

Sadly, this train of thought led her only to more worry. Pinkie's such a good pony, helping me out like she has. And what does she get in return? Family problems. I didn't mean to cause a rift between her and her caretakers! Not only that, but when she needed me to support her the most, I left! Sure, Pinkie had asked her to leave, but she wasn’t thinking straight with her emotional state. Twilight was supposed to be the sensible one, the one to keep her grounded!

She was broken from her thoughts from a yell up above. It was one of the pegasi practicing from before, and her cerulean body was hurling towards her, or perhaps more accurately, towards the tree behind her intangible body. "Watch out!" she yelled to the passerby.

Twilight quickly did the calculations in her head. At the speed and angle she's going, a collision with that tree would be catastrophic, maybe deadly! I have to do something! But what? The pegasus' body was speeding towards her; it seemed like she couldn't maneuver herself out of the way! Time is of the essence, Twilight! Don't think, do! Examine your surroundings … There! She spotted a nearby hay bale. So, quickly, almost instinctively, she powered up her horn, and used all of her magical energy, and to her amazement, a faint glow, so faint that nopony would see it without looking for it, enveloped the pony and moved her a few inches to the left.

The reckless flier crashed into the hay. Ponies ran up to her and checked if she was okay. Twilight held her breath. Worried murmurs and cries for someponies to go and get medical ponies was all that was heard. Then--

"I'm fine, I'm okay," the pegasus croaked out, spitting out clumps of hay, getting on her feet. Twilight exhaled in relief. "Now could you guys stop crowding me? I almost had that trick, and my wings are aching to fix their mistake." She tried to flex her wings for effect, but she curled one back in instantly and let out a groan of pain.

A doctor made her way through the crowd. "Your wings are aching all right, or at least one of them is, and I'd bet my degree it isn't out of desire to fix a trick. You should come with me to the hospital, so I can take a look at them."

"C'mon, doc! It's just a little ache! It'll be fine as rain once it rests a bit!"

The doctor humorlessly stared at her. "Silly me, I made a mistake. I forgot to mention the other incredibly likely effects a crash like that would have on a pony. Concussion, broken ribs, brain damage (not that you use that that often, from what I've heard about you), trauma to the spine, et cetera, et cetera, yadda yadda yadda. Oh, whoopsie! I made another one. I made it sound like you had a choice. Come along, daredevil."

The blue pegasus grumbled as she followed the doctor.

"Quit your grumbling. You almost hit that tree over there. Now that would've been a disaster. That tree's almost as thick as your head, and two thick, brainless materials clashing like that would've made quite a mess. Count your lucky stars."

Once the adrenaline wore off, Twilight realized what she had done. I saved somepony! With my magic! It affected something! I gotta tell Pinkie about this! Sure, Pinkie had told her she wanted to be alone with the Cakes, but surely something as momentous as this deserved a quick conversation? Besides, I think I've had enough park excitement for today.

She chuckled to herself as she went to Sugarcube Corner, not noticing the curious glance the pegasus threw back at the tree.


Pinkie was steaming, and not from the ovens she was using. The Cakes hadn't mentioned their conversation from last night at all. No apologies, no talk, not even a confrontation! Maybe they thought poor Pinkie wouldn't be able to handle it! All I am to them is a baking machine!

She heard the kitchen door opening from behind her and she turned. There the Cakes were, concern on their face. Stop faking!

"Pinkie?" Mrs. Cake began. "The customers said that the cupcakes taste funny."

"And we know that most of the time your cupcakes are the most amazing treats in Equestria, and the only time they aren't is when your heart isn't in it. Do you want to talk about whatever is bothering you?" Mr. Cake asked.

"Nopey dopey! I'm just finesey winsey!"

The two shared a concerned look, and Pinkie knew just what they were communicating.

'Would you look at that, honey! Pinkie's going crazy! Again!' Mrs. Cake mentally enthused.

'Yeppers, that Pinkie is like a time bomb! I don't know why we even let her in the kitchen!' Mr. Cake telepathically responded.

'Let's lock her up!'

'Let's!'

Pinkie held back a growl.

Mr. Cake looked at her. "Pinkie, if you aren't feeling well, you could take another day off-"

"Stop acting like you care!" she shouted.

The Cakes recoiled in surprise. "Pinkie--" Mrs. Cake started, but Pinkie wasn't done.

"Or maybe you're worried that baking is going to make me sink into quicksand!"

To other ponies, this would have seemed like another of Pinkie's non-sequiturs, but both of the Cake's eyes widened as they realized what it meant.

"Pinkie, you overheard us last night?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Yup. What, did you expect Pinkie to be a good little filly and go up to her room when the grown up ponies were talking? I knew you two were faking! I'm not stupid! I'm not!"

"Pinkie--"

"No, Cup, this is good," Mr. Cake interjected. "We needed to talk about this. Pinkie, we didn't mean to disrespect you. We know you're a responsible, smart pony. Smarter than us, even!"

"Don't patronize me!"

"We're not, Pinkie!" Mrs. Cake interrupted. "You are going to do amazing things. We know you are."

"We just worry about you."

"Worry that I'm crazy? Worry that I'm too irresponsible? Worry that I'm more trouble than I'm worth?" Pinkie spat out.

"Pinkie, please calm down. We love you--"

"You’re not my parents." she hissed. They didn’t love her, nopony could. She was too energetic, or obnoxious, or irresponsible, or crazy. A rock farmer trying to play the part of a partier. They’d find out she was more trouble than she was worth. Just like her parents. Why not sooner than later?

But then she saw the look on their faces. The hurt expressions, the tears in their eyes. She didn’t mean to make them cry. Why are they crying? Why aren’t they mad? They should be yelling! She repeated her words in her mind, and her eyes widened. How could she hit them so low, throw all their efforts back at them? What's wrong with me? I'm a monster!

"I--I'm sorry," she whispered, running out the back door.

She ran past crowds of ponies, deftly maneuvering past them. She didn't even know where she was running, she just needed to run. Run from the tears, run from the faces, run from the fact that not only did she make two ponies cry, an act that felt against her very soul by itself, but the two ponies were her most important ponies in the world. The ponies who had cared for her, who had loved her, for years!

Through the blur of her eyes, she saw a purple pony who looked quite familiar. The concerned "Pinkie?" only confirmed it.

Not her! She ran through the purple pony.

"Pinkie!" Twilight called out. Pinkie was crying. Pinkie was crying. It wasn't the tearing up of yesterday. No, this was full blown weeping, tears flowing behind her. Never before had she witnessed something so wrong. It had to be fixed, immediately.

She trotted after the baker, quickly catching up to her. They were side by side. The yellow houses of the town square rushed behind them."Pinkie, what happened?"

"Go away! I don't deserve you!" Twilight was the last pony Pinkie needed to see right now. Twilight would be all forgiving and nice and comforting, and she didn't deserve any of that. Didn't deserve it at all. She picked up her speed.

Pinkie didn't deserve her? What did that mean? Twilight quirked an eyebrow as she picked up her pace. "Where did this come from?"

Pinkie turned her head away from her. Why didn't she just go? "Just go away!"

The very idea of leaving Pinkie was unthinkable. It was one of the worst things Twilight could think of. And it wasn’t because Pinkie could see her. It wasn’t because of the debt she owed Pinkie for her help. No, it was something much more deep, much more real. It was her smile, the one she seemed to give Twilight every time she looked at her. It was the unrestrained, unabashedly happy laugh Pinkie had at pretty much everything. It was her hair, her pet, her Pinkie Sense. It was her.

In that moment, Twilight realized how much Pinkie meant to her, and just what they were together. And after that, leaving Pinkie became the absolute last thing she ever wanted to do. "Never! That's not what friends do!" Pinkie stopped in her tracks, almost causing Twilight to flip over as she tried to do the same.

"I'm--I'm your friend?" Pinkie asked in a tone like she couldn't believe that she would deign to being her friend. It made Twilight's heart ache.

"More than that," she corrected as steadied her footing. "You're my first and best friend. And I would never leave my best friend when she needed me."

Pinkie was tearing up out of joy now, her blue eyes shining like Philomena. Her shoulders shaking even worse than when she was on one of her sugar highs. Despite her state, Pinkie didn’t hesitate for a single moment to respond. "You're my first and bestest friend too.” she whispered, an uncharacteristic hitch in her voice just as a completely characteristic smile slowly graced her face.

"Then can we talk? Please?"

"Okay. But you probably won't be my friend after you've heard what I've done." She hung her head.

"Nothing could do that, Pinkie."

Luckily, this area where they had stopped was relatively deserted; hopefully nopony had heard Pinkie talk to what looked like nopony, and if they did, hopefully they chalked it up to Pinkie being Pinkie. Twilight led Pinkie to an empty alley, where they both sat down.

"You ready to tell me what happened, Pinkie? We can wait for however long you need."

Pinkie nodded yes. "I was awful, Twi. The Cakes were just worried about me, like they always are, and tried to cheer me up, like they always have. But I just threw it back in their faces. I was mean and rude and said bad things. I called them stupid, but even worse, I made fun of them not having kids. The Cakes have tried to have kids for a long time, but nothing has worked and they don't know why and it really hurts them deep down and I just hurt them with it! I--I said they weren't my parents, that they were just my bosses, but I lied. They're my family, and I don't deserve them!" she choked out.

She hung her head. Twi was going to tear into her, wonder how she thought such a bad pony could be her friend. Or worse, Twilight was going to forgive her, lie, and say it wasn't anypony's fault.

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"Wha?" She blinked rapidly, trying to catch up with what Twilight meant.

"What are you going to do about it, Pinkie?"

"I--I was going to just stay away, live on the lam. They shouldn't have somepony like me. It'd be better if they forgot--"

"Don't you dare do that!" Twilight hissed, a fire in her eyes. "My parents and I have had fights plenty of times, but we always made up. In fact, before all of this, we were in a small fight via letters about how I didn't visit enough. But you know what? When I was laying there, on that hospital bed, they forgot all about the fight, the anger. Instead, all that was replaced by devastation. I wish we were still fighting, rather than see them so hurt. And you want the Cakes to go through something even worse, wondering where you had disappeared, if you were okay, wondering if they had only said and done something different you'd still be with them?"

"No! Never!"

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm--I'm going to apologize?" Pinkie questioned.

Twilight nodded. "Exactly. You're going to go home, you'll apologize to them and vice versa, and you are going to make them so happy that you're okay and still love them. They are going to be smiling through those tears of joys like nopony but my best friend can get them to. Is that right?"

Pinkie sniffled and nodded, some of her usual energy returning. "Yeah."

"I said, is that right?"

"Yeah!"

"I said, IS THAT RIGHT?" Twilight bellowed.

"YEAH!" Pinkie yelled, leaping to her feet in a confetti explosion.

Twilight smiled. "That's my Pinkie! Let's go!"

"Yeah! I can do this!"


"I can't do this," Pinkie whimpered. It had seemed so much easier when they weren't at the front door.

"Yes, you can," Twilight reassured her.

"But look, Twi! The place is empty! They must've been so hurt they closed up shop!"

"Do you have a key?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then use it."

"But Twi--"

"Pinkie." Twilight's serious tone silenced the pony. "It's gonna be okay. Trust me."

Pinkie nodded, gulped. and grabbed the key out of her hair.

Of course that's where she'd keep it. You could hide a minotaur in that hair! She smiled fondly at the pink pony. "Do you want me to come with?"

"No thanks, Twi. I gotta do this alone."

"I'll be right outside, Pinkie."

Pinkie beamed at her. "I know." She put the key in the lock, turned it, and went inside. "Mr. and Mrs. Cake?" she asked, echoing in the emptiness.

She trotted through the counter and into the kitchen and found them cleaning up. Mrs. Cake was the first to notice her.

"Pinkie?" she exhaled.

And Pinkie couldn't hold it in any more. She leaped at their feet, weeping. "I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry! You're not stupid, you're amazing, and if it weren't for you I'd still be a lonely sad hungry Pinkie, and you're not my parents, you'll never be my parents, because you're a million times better than they were, and I know you love me or used to, at least, and I still love you guys! And I understand if you never want to see me again, I deserve it, but I need you guys to know I'm sorry! So, so sorry!" she sobbed.

"Oh, Pinkie!" Mrs. Cake cried.

"We could never stop loving you," Mr. Cake said as they embraced her.

"I love you, mom and dad!"

"We love you too, our itty bitty little itlle twinkie Pinkie," Mrs. Cake replied as she and her husband hugged her even tighter. And all was right and sweet again in Sugarcube Corner.

Comments ( 116 )

I literally cheered for joy at that last line. A moving and heartfelt moment, amazing.:pinkiesmile:

D'aww...

But, it seems like this is written with Twilight having a large foreknowledge of Pinkie...

Did I miss something? I mean, they've known each other for, well, a day. Yeah. And it seems like this is written as if she's known her for far longer.

If I'm being an idiot, please point it out. I have my moments of idiocy every now and then.

AWWWW YEAH! :rainbowdetermined2: Awesome chapter!

Aww yeah Feature get!

Nice work Book.

642229
My reaction exactly

LSBBF --> LSBFF

I'm betting the only reason she was able to save Rainbow was because of the magical connection she had with all her friends even before she met them. I'm looking forward to seeing her interact with AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy in whatever small ways she can.

One thing: No one ever responds to "I love you guys" with "And we you" - sure, it's grammatically correct but in such an emotionally charged situation no one would ever use such a stilted construction.

I really like your story. Tracking immediately.

holy mother of god it got featured.

642291 Maybe being a phantasm and the Sonic Rainboom preceeding the majority of the series gave her extreme genre savvyness?

And now that I think about it... This story couldn't invoke my tears. Am I a monster? An emotionless cold-hearted sonofasandvich? Why am I not BAWLING!?

This is going right into my 'favorites' column. Continue at your earliest convenience, please?

Also, why not take Pinkie to Canterlot? I mean, eventually, she'll have to, right?:pinkiehappy:

Love this story and as always I can't wait to see this continue. :)

I can't be the only one who had a song start playing in their head at the title's story. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Twilight_Sparkle_lolface.png
[youtube=Y6ljFaKRTrI]

My heart is like stone, stone cut from the Mountains of Manlyness and Toughery. Nothing makes me cry ever. End of Fellowship of the Ring? I laugh at Sams plight as he is pulled out of the water by Frodo! Bambi? Eyes are dry! Lassie? Nothing. Heart. Of. Stone.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Waterfalls, I had waterfalls streaming down my cheeks. Bravo. :moustache:

gifs.gifbin.com/reverse-1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

I havent read any of this story yet but I can already feel that its going to be good :pinkiehappy:

Poor Rainbow, hopefully if she is held up some kind pony will bring her a bood... :trollestia:

642562
It's not a sad story/chapter though...

Stop! Don't kill me yet!

I mean that there isn't enough development for me to feel sad. I almost never cry, and when I do it's always on the fics that spend time ramping up the plot. It has to be more than 3k words...

Maybe that's just me.

Azu

Okay.. the title, picture and discription alone tells me this will be good! It already stole an "Awww!" from me. :twilightsmile:

yay twi can manipulate the real world now atleast somewhat!:pinkiehappy: now pinki's gonna smile again:twilightsmile: and best of all twi doesn't need pinki around to read:pinkiecrazy: and awsome sauce

642735 That could explain it. Maybe I'm just in shock or burned out my manly tears last night from carpetbagger's tearjerker vids.

This looks interesting. I'll dump it in my "To Read" bucket for now. Tata ~~!

642456 YYYEEEESSSSSSSSS

642659
Pat your hand against your body in a heartbeat fashion when you read this and play the song all at the same time.

Isn't it invigorating?

...I didn't really cry, but I think this is pretty good regardless. Kind of a cold-hearted bastard anyways. Wondering about that there romance tag, though...

I didn't cry, but it gave me a feel.

This is fantastic. Please continue! :pinkiehappy:

Um.

The reason the phrase goes "needle in a haystack" is because hay is sharp and pointy.

Rainbow'd still get hurt if she flew into a hay bale.

642659 You sir are awesome.

Oh Celestia! Twilight, NUUUUUU!

You had better save her.

This story is so heartwrenching. It makes me so sad and happy at the same time. Also interesing version of equestria you got there.

642913

A lot better than running into a tree, imo.
Also, hay is a lot softer. Sure, it'll cut RD up a bit, but there won't be lasting scars or anything severe like that.

A sweet little alt fic thus far, this chapter really tugs at the heartstrings. Thankfully twi is such a good friend :twilightsheepish:

This was really sweet... I am not a fan of cannon pinkie pie because she has such a flat personality, but this pinkie pie is different.

The emotional investment I had in this chapter was just tremendous, but I have to agree with 642259... Twilight is taking Pinkie being Pinkie a little bit too casually. She does not have the experience with her to be so completely blasé about her random elements / 4th wall breaking powers.

It didn't overly bother me, but the thought did occur to me several times reading this story "Excuse me, Thinking Pinkie Keen? Who are you and what have you done with bookworm Twilight?":trollestia:

643234 I'm chalking it up to Twilight just having someone to talk to that negates her bookish nature. Also, hasn't she been like this for a few weeks or so? I would think that after that long without being able to read would take a toll on the nerdy side of me.

643234

She is an invisible, intagible ghost; she is not in a position to think about oddities. And has not for quite some time.

This is the first pony fanfiction to make me cry a little.

Thank you.

643304 Furthermore, it's been stated that she's been a wraith for quite some time now. I agree with Gwenio completely - she must be taking things in stride by now, otherwise the pain would be unbearable. It's also been stated that she's decided to take things in stride. :pinkiesad2:

Great chapter.

642462
Noted. Changed. Thanks!
642693
Oh god. :rainbowlaugh: No, don't worry, that's not it. Though I loved that ep.
642535
I am just as surprised. Now I've got hundreds of people following this story. THE PRESSURE!:raritydespair:
642659
I don't blame you. Kinda expected that to happen. :twilightblush:
642807
:twilightsmile
:642913
...GODDAMMIT YOU'RE RIGHT. What would you suggest then? Can't be something too out of place/convenient.

643522

Uh, gee. This is a park, right? So...maybe if there's a banner strung between two poles, then if Rainbow flew into it during her crash the banner might absorb just enough force before it snapped or tore off that she wouldn't be seriously wounded when she actually landed, and the fabric or whatever would also be partially wrapped around her so she'd be very slightly cushioned against whatever she landed on (most likely the ground)? dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/shrug_Rainbow_Dash.png

Honestly the whole problem with this scenario is that the show's already had her crashing into things like windows (shatter into sharp pointy bleedy things), walls of solid rock, and probably also bales of hay (lol I'm a hypocrite) without serious injury, yet a single feather was once enough to pin her under a rock. Rainbow's really hard to work with when it comes to setting rules for collision damage.

643624
I go with Depending On The Writer and/or Rule of Drama. That's how the show does it, so the fans should have the same leeway.

I don't know why... but I feel that Twilight should have come across a solution that Pinkie may be able to alert Twilight's family and Princess Celestia that she's still around since I'm pretty certain Twilight should have certain knowledge that she could tell Pinkie to prove Twilight is still there. :rainbowderp: That's just my opinion. Regardless, Yay for new chapter! now, we the fans demand more..... If you want that is :yay:

643304

I respectfully disagree. She comments on weird things everytime they happen, so she still considers them oddities. Pinkie has, in the show universe, proven time and time again to be maddening to Twilight's perception of how the world should work. Even given her state as a not-quite-dead ghost, and even given her easy acceptance of Pinkie as a friend, and EVEN given the massive bais that she should and does have towards Pinkie Pie (being her first friend AND the only one who can see her and all), i still have a hard time seeing her level of "eh, w/e, this doesn't even surprise me" is being correct.

Just my .02

643895
well she wandered all over equestria and looked how friendship works right? maybe she just uses this knowledge now.
Just the example with Octavia and Vinyl, would had enough lessons about friendship to change Twilight a bit (accept them for who they are, be there for them if they need you), now imagine her observing and learning all over Equstria. She is still Twilight, she just put ALL her energy in learning friendship, and none at all in books (because she can’t).
EDIT: if you notice she is still annoyed about the oddities, she just accepts them more easily

Login or register to comment