• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,764 Views, 106 Comments

Rainbow Bouquets and Mayday Parades - FamousLastWords



Spike likes Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash might like him back. He decides it's time to ask her out!... as soon as he figures out how.

  • ...
9
 106
 4,764

Kiss Me Again

The sun was starting to set in the horizon as Spike arrived at Rainbow Dash’s cloud home. It was the moment of truth.

He began nervously pacing back and forth in front of her house, going over what he was going to say. Alright, she’ll open the door, I’ll hand her the flowers and confess my undying love for her, and we all have a happy ending! Spike threw his palm into his face. There’s no way it will be that easy! I’ll have to try a more subtle approach.

After another minute or so of mental preparation, Spike finally felt he was ready.

Okay, this is it. Spike firmly rapped on the front door of Rainbow’s cloud home, gently grasping the bouquet in his free hand. His legs instantly felt the desire to buckle beneath his body.

A series of banging, crashing and other noises went on inside before a cyan blue pony peaked outside the door. “Whoa, who is- Hey! Spike! What you doing here?” She stepped outside, and walked up to Spike, beaming a large smile.

Spike’s heart stopped for a moment, ceasing all his brain functionality. He was simply left there, unable to move or speak, looking at the mare in front of him.

“Umm, you okay, Spike? Is something wrong?” Rainbow asked with concern.

Her question caused Spike to return to his senses. Now or never! “I LOVE YOU!” …Crap! That was not as subtle as I hoped.

Rainbow’s face was a blank stare, perfectly combining the look of being surprised and confused.

Oh, no! What have I done?! I have to do something… But what? Oh, I almost forgot! The flowers! “Umm, I brought you these flowers!” He held out the bouquet to the cyan Pegasus.

“Umm, Spike?” Her gaze traveled between the dragon and the flowers he was holding out.

“Yea, sorry. I wasn’t really sure if you like flowers or anything, but it seemed like a good idea at the time…”

“Spike?”

“…and don’t worry. I can totally return the flowers if you don’t like them...”

“Spike!”

“…I think I have the receipt still, so umm, you know, it shouldn’t be a problem to go back and get a refund-“

“SPIKE!”

The babbling dragon suddenly snapped out of his nervous ramble, noticing the Pegasus that was staring him right in the eyes.

“Umm… yea, Rainbow?”

He suddenly felt the bouquet swiftly removed from his claws, followed by a pair of wings and hooves wrapping around his back. He was then greeted with the feeling of a pony nuzzling his cheek.

“Spike, I love the flowers!” Rainbow stepped back from the dragon, and eyed the bouquet. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, flowers aren’t really my thing, but I love these ones.” She gave him the most adorable smile she had.

“R-Really? Like, you actually like them?” Spike questioned, with a hint of disbelief in his voice.

“Yes, I really do. You know why? Because somepony, some dragon that I love gave them to me.” She quickly wrapped him in another hug. “That, and I’ve gotta admit, I’ve never seen a rainbow-colored flower bouquet before! That is super cool!”

The realization struck like a bolt of lightning when Spike turned his gaze to the flower bouquet Rainbow was holding in her wing. The flowers he had picked out, one by one, made up the color of the rainbow. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Talk about ironic.

“Spike, this is probably, like, the sweetest, most awesome thing anyone’s ever done for me.” She gave him a tender smile, and nuzzled him once again.

“Well, I told the flower pony that I was buying flowers for a very special mare that I cared a lot about, and that only something super special would do.” Spike noticed her cheeks growing a shade of crimson as he spoke. “So, I picked out a flower for everything I love about you. And, I guess, according to these flowers, I love everything that makes you, you.” He grinned sheepishly. “It’s kinda cheezy sounding when you say it out loud.”

“Umm, Spike?”

“Yes, Dash?”

“That was the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard.” She stood up on her back legs and wrapped her wings behind his head, looking him right in the eye. “But, please, this would have been so much simpler and faster if you just asked me out.”

She gave the dragon and playful smirk, and before he could respond, she pushed her lips right against his.

Taken by surprise, Spike did the only thing he could think of. He gently laced his arms around her back, and kissed her back. Everything about the moment felt perfect.

Both of the lovers’ thoughts were going full speed.

Oh my gosh, this is so awesome! My best friend is now my boyfriend! Eeep! Rainbow jumped slightly, feeling a claw digging into her back. We’ll have to find a way to work on that…

Geez, I can’t believe this is actually happening! Spike was in elation, feeling his lips pressed against the mare in his arms. …I wonder if it would be weird if I said her mane smells like candy… and soap. Yea, that’d probably be weird.

After a few more seconds of gentle kissing, Spike felt her tongue push its way into his mouth, and entwine with his own.

“Whoa, you move fast.” Spike chuckled slightly, breaking the kiss.

“He-he, did you expect anything less?” She gave him a cocky grin. “Now, get in the house!” She thrust a hoof in the direction of the front door they were standing by.

“Are you sure? I mean, it’s kinda late, and I don’t want Twi to-“

“Sorry, but you have no choice! Your kissing needs a lot of fine tuning, and you’re not going home until you get it right!” She gave him a quick wink before dragging him into her home.

All Spike could do was smile as Rainbow dragged him to and fro. This was probably going to be his most fun training activity yet.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it! THEME SONG TIME!

Comments ( 87 )

Yes. Just, yes! I've read plenty of Rainbow romance fics, and this has got to be my favorite.

I like the improvements you made! The way you worded this ending was much better then the last! Kudos! Get ready from some fun spike :moustache::rainbowkiss:

This was very sweet:twilightsmile:

Short, sweet, cute.

Love it. :ajsmug:

2nd Sucks

....I approve. Have a fave, buddy!

3946802 yea, i thought you might :yay:

3946835 why thanks. I admit it's not perfect, but I'm trying! :twilightsmile:

Another great story. It was very romantic to me. Happy Hearts and Hooves Day.:heart:

umm....why is it in the Romance&Clop section? :twilightoops:

3946876 why thank you! It was fun writing it.

this was pretty sweet even tho t fic was a shorty :twilightsmile:; heh, who knew that all spike's choices on flowers made up a rainbow :raritywink:

3947097 im making a much longer SpikeDash fic in the near future. this was just a quicky to get it started. Thanks for reading!

3947183
heh, ur totally welcome :pinkiehappy: n' awesome can't wait :rainbowwild:

Good story man. Although, it's a bit rushed and fast paced, and I know you would be able to add a lot more emotion to it. I highly recommend going back and re-writing it. Perhaps adding just a little bit more so it's more fleshed out and believable. But it's your call.

3947476 I'll probably do that. thanks for telling me :pinkiehappy:

Oh Celestia… It couldn’t be THAT kind of problem could it? I thought Fluttershy already had the talk with him… No, I’m sure it’s completely innocent.

you have no clue, no clue, how badly that quote made me laugh.

gotta say, even though the pacing was a bit too fast, it didn't really take away from the overall reading experience. the first part set the base, the second part gave subtle insight on what could happen, and the final part was brilliant. kudos, my dear gent. kudos to you.

3947787 since this story I guess :pinkiehappy:

3947860 thanks! it seems pacin. is biggest issue in all my stories

Her question caused Spike to return to his senses. Now or never! “I LOVE YOU!”

(Great stuff! A dose of SpikeDash was just what I needed!)

Aww, I liked it, to bad it had to endo so fast.

Very sweet. I'm sad it ended so fast I'd love to read more on your take of the ship. :pinkiesad2: Seriously a sequal would be awesome. :pinkiehappy:

:pinkiehappy: Sequel? Perfect ending!

3949560 I do have a sequel planned. it'll be a lot longer though

Interesting, I don't think I've ever read a SpikeDash story-this was pretty good.

3950640 why thank you! :rainbowkiss::heart::moustache: it's a reltively uncommon ship still.

3951618 i love A Day To Remember :yay: thanks for reading!

It was a cute read that matched her speed, 'nuff said.:rainbowlaugh:

3953999 why thank you. keep it real

3949581 Sequel? Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! SEQUEL!
sequel......

3955037 I take it u want a sequel? :twilightsmile: sure I'll write one. a much longer story for sure

3958255 ugh, grammar check failed me! Thanks for reading though :pinkiehappy:

Excellent! You just made my night bro.

This was really nice read, and the song at the end is really happy. This is exactly what I needed to read right now.

There were plenty of spelling and narration issues to be found, but honestly I don't really care at this moment in time; I just wanted to read something that would make me smile and feel a little better, and this fic did exactly that.

Thank you for writing this. :twilightsmile:

3966393 well, I'm glad it did :pinkiesmile: maybe someday I'll figure out how to do better narration

3966422

Well just Google "Third-person limited versus third-person omniscient" and read a few of the entries on that. They should help. :twilightsmile:

This story had me smiling the whole way through. I'm glad there's a sequel in the making, 'cause I'll be all over it. :rainbowkiss: I really like the idea of Spike eventually growing wings, and this story was altogether adorable. :moustache::heart:


3996093 thanks for checking out all my stories today! :pinkiehappy: I'm glad you like them

3996176 Thank you for writing them. They were extremely entertaining. :pinkiesmile:

3996273 I'm about 1000 words into the first chapter of my new story "Heart Invasion 101", so keep your eyes peeled this week. :raritywink:

3996324 Oh awesome. :pinkiehappy: What's it about?

3996353 :pinkiegasp:That...looks...awesome!:yay:

3996383 I'm excited, Kuz there aren't really any other Spike x Vinyl stories

3996395 I don't think there are very many TwilightxVinyl stories either. I may have written the only one. Don't read it though...It was my crappiest, and first, fic. I think I'll write another one after my hiatus...:trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment