• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 5,589 Views, 243 Comments

Scrambled Eggs and Mashed Potatoes - HoofBitingActionOverload



Rainbow Dash announces that she's going on a date, but refuses to say who with. Rarity decides to secretly follow her, but what Rarity uncovers is so bizarre, she will never be able to look at Rainbow Dash, or herself, the same way again.

  • ...
30
 243
 5,589

Epilogue - No Thank You, Ma'am, I'm Full

Pinkie Pie bounced down the street, smiling and waving to each and every single one of her friends. Life could be hard having so many friends sometimes, especially those sometimes when she had something really exciting to tell one particular friend and she rushed to go see that one particular friend, but she still had to stop and smile and wave to all of her other friends on the way there. Yes, life could be hard having so many friends.

Eventually, she bounced her way up to Carousel Boutique’s door. She threw herself inside along with a cloud of confetti and shouted, “Rarity!”

“Yes, Pinkie?” Rarity said, standing behind the counter and looking down at a magazine.

Pinkie noticed a big mess of clothes on the floor. She had never seen a mess in Carousel Boutique before. Rarity hated messes. It must have been a new selling technique. Pinkie made a mental note to throw all the cupcakes, muffins, cakes, donuts, and Sugarcube Corner’s other assorted confectioneries on the floor when she got back. She also noticed a lot of suspiciously fudge-esque stains on Rarity's muzzle and chest. Pinkie made another mental note to make a new batch of fudge. And then throw that on the floor, too.

“You’re never going to believe this!” Pinkie cried, bouncing through the mess.

“I very seriously doubt that,” Rarity replied, not looking up from her magazine.

“Well, doubt this!’ Pinkie Pie took a deep breath. “I’m going on a date!”

A blue glow surrounded Pinkie, and she immediately felt herself lift off the floor. The door behind her opened, and she flew backwards through the open doorway and hit the dirt outside. The door slammed shut and locked behind her.

Pinkie lay on the ground for a while, wondering what had just happened. She shrugged and bounced back onto her hooves, and then down the street.

“Hey, Twilight!”




a

Author's Note:

Thanks to Silvernis and Grenader for proofreading. And thank you for reading all the way to the end. I don't know how you did it.

This fic began with a simple question: Why aren't there more stories about Rainbow Dash having sex with herself on this site? I believe we should all now know the answer.

Comments ( 57 )

lol, Rarity's done with this shit.

:duck: Screw you, Pinkie!

I... wait, what? So is Dash actually hallucinating?

So did RD get better, or...?

Seems a bit unfinished . . .

This story is...

I don't even...

4047942
Masturbate in peace forever?

I would have liked to have seen how Rainbow dealt with coming off the drug. Without something there, the fic feels unfinished.
Possibilities include Dash sticking with her drug addled decisions; Dash going into withdrawal (played for laughs somehow); or Dash proposing to Rarity in thanks for helping get her off the drug.

Well this was quite the abrupt change ending... And I agree with the others, not knowing how Dash handled it all afterwards left this story feel unfinished.
Well if you want to leave it like this then we can't do anything about it I guess, it's your story afrerall.
Just thought I'd add my own opinion :twilightsheepish:

4048343 I agree. Overall, I don't think the current ending works. There's no resolution, which is fairly damning on its own. Pinkie's not helping either; what she says doesn't seem to have any payoff. It's almost like new plot points are being introduced four paragraphs before the end, and they don't go anywhere (just like the rest of the plot).

All the previous chapters are well above average, but they're let down by this one. Even if Rarity's done with RD's nonsense, can't we see how Fluttershy resolves all of this?

4048413 4048343 4048303 4047990

Well, I can certainly understand why it feels unfinished, and I can understand that you're disappointed. I'm sorry.

I think this is a simple case of the author's intentions not lining up with readers' expectations. I wanted to write a few thousand words worth of silly jokes, and so that's all I did. I've written my jokes, and now I'm done. It seems that you actually had some interest in the plot itself, while I never did. You want some resolution, but I simply never considered writing one. For this "story", a clear resolution was never something I thought was important. It was just about being silly. I genuinely didn't mean for it to have as cohesive a plot as it does, and I especially didn't mean for anyone to take a vested interest in it. It's my failure, of course.

I will consider continuing this sometime, and giving it a real resolution. But it's not something I'll be able to do anytime soon.

Sorry if this was blunt, but this ending sucks. It's certainly funny (I loved Rarity's reaction), but it pretty much fails at being a decent ending for the story.

4048501 don't force yourself on makng a proper ending if you don't want to though - rather end this randomly like it is now than with forced humor :pinkiesmile:

4048501 Ah well. I'm a bit disappointed, but on the plus side, everything before the ending was very good. :twilightsheepish: Most stories don't manage even that.

I'm going to say what everyone else did; the ending absolutely blows! It's not nearly finished. How does Rainbow respond to finding out she was stoned out of her mind, and that she isn't really engaged? And why was the Pinkie Pie/Twilight part added to the ending if it went no where? And why was there no lesbian sex cult?!

Pfffftttt.

Nice ending.

~Skeeter The Lurker

The ending is a mixed bag for me. I love how the ending feels like the punch line to a massive joke but I hate not knowing what happened to Fluttershy and Rainbow. But now I feel that with the Hi twilight at the end means that it would be Pinkie Twilights and AppleJacks turn for insanity lol. It was still a great story and the ending works for me since it felt like a big spectacular joke being told and the end being the punch line.

The random tag didn't make it on this story for nothing I see.

Well played good sir.

The ending does make sense as it is. Rarity is the protagonist, not Rainbow Dash, and Rarity has decided that she no longer wants to have anything to do with the plot.

Not really her proudest moment, of course, but understandable.

Pinkie Pie isn't in love with herself though. Rarity's worried about nothing. Pinkie Pie is in love with none other than Sir Lintsalot! :pinkiecrazy:

Aww, now I want to know who's captured Pinkie's heart... or do I?:ajbemused: Screw it, I'mma go to bed. Be comforted in that you suceeded in providing some good silliness.
...Also, whoa, you're the one who wrote "Rarity's Mare of the Evening"/Twisting in the Sheets and that PinkieDash storm fic?! You've got a hold on me, it seems.

I sort of wanted to see what happened when Rainbow came to her senses, but was still a good ending.:pinkiehappy:

that. was. brilliant.

best ending in a while.

good work!

Well Pinkie being a blabber mouth about such things as the fudge and the mannequin, I think you are dead to Rarity... :rainbowlaugh:

I don't know, I think the ending is Rarity realizing that she has no control over other ponies happiness, so she's minding her own business.

Well, this was....interesting.

....But it was kind of hilarious, even with Rainbow Dash's moment with the mirror. :rainbowderp:

....

Here, just take the favorite and the mustache, you've earned them. :moustache:

4052032
Huh, I really never once considered that. But yeah, now that you mention it, I can totally see how this could look like an elaborate ploy for Rainbow Dash to ask Rarity out in the most convoluted, ridiculous manner possible.

I really doubt it could have worked out for Rainbow Dash that way, though. Rarity would have wanted a grand, romantic gesture, not inane silliness.

4052654

Unless the plan was to confuse and shock her out of her normal train of thought and give in to the wild and unpredictable Dash. No doubt Rarity's spent a couple of nights with romance novels of that vein, too.

But it works out for me, I'm a Rarijack-supporter.

What?! I don't get the ending....

Dash can stay crazy, I guess, I just hope Fluttershy at least picked up one of Zecora's potions to fix Rainbow's mouth full of probably shattered teeth.

It was.....definitely interesting...um except for a couple loose ends that we never see I sorta liked it? The ending was definitely great, but the epilogue well it's pinkie so I guess randomness is to be expected. Otherwise...media.tumblr.com/bda861a4966e0f1a9d46933ee373969c/tumblr_inline_mhxaguPNeX1qz4rgp.png

BWAHA with so much random shieet, that's possibly the best ending possible. What happens to Dash can easily be inferred, because Rarity's reaction is probably the only logical one. :pinkiecrazy:

I prefer to think that RD woke up in the morning with absolutely no memory of what had occurred. The ring ends up down her drain.

4038471
4038599
It wasn't supposed to be a plot twist i get that... but... you know... she could be bi... that'd be great to expand upon. Just saying...

Are we sure Pinkie Pie got the same problem with Rainbow Dash? :rainbowhuh: Anways...

Rarity has had enough of your shit... figuratively speaking.

Well done... this was... surprising.

And once she wakes up, she'll go back to AJ's loving arms. After all, Rarity *and* Flutters can't both be wrong, now can they? :ajsmug:

4105871
Of course. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and snogs Applejack like a duck, it's probably AppleDash.

This will be the first story with a random tag to make it to my faves. It was hilarious. :rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy:

This was very confusing... I like confusing stories! :pinkiehappy:

This story was hilarious and confusing... :applejackconfused:

But mostly hilarious :rainbowlaugh:

I wonder how clearly Dash will remember this when she wakes up.
I mean, what if she remembers getting engaged, and talking about love with Rarity, and not much else? And then notices she's in possession of a unicorn ring?
I mean, I know it's over (suddenly), but I kind of think it'd be funny if Dash wakes up thinking she's engaged to Rarity.

4048570
Dude, what is with that picture, bro?
For some reason, I like it.

4195240
Texts From the Sea

That will probably take you about 2 hours to read the whole thing, and you'll be in pain from laughter the whole way through. :rainbowlaugh:

4195240
4195445

This... This smells of Sequel... :trixieshiftright::trollestia:

And now for something completely different.

[youtube=guUp4R0-c8A]

I can't even///..... You know screw white girls for ruining that phrase. They don't even know the meaning of being unable to even. This fic has unbalanced me, and everything seems odd now. Sentences don't make sense. I am unable to finish them. My thoughts die while still half born. Even is dead.:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment