• Published 3rd Jul 2013
  • 15,594 Views, 1,496 Comments

An Alternate Path - Rhino



A changeling nymph is accepted to go into deep cover in the town of Ponyville. However, what exactly are her motivations for requesting this assignment? Is it for the hive? Or is it for herself?

  • ...
42
 1,496
 15,594
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 144 )

And so it ends
its so beautiful :raritycry::raritydespair::fluttershbad:

Utterly fantastic from start to finish.
It hit the nail on the head for all those moments where your heart thumps, your mouth gets frozen in a gasp and when your heart explodes from sheer cute!
BRAVO TO THE BOTH OF YA!

And now, more mystery arises and obstacles appear on the way of this two loving souls, who seek nothing but peace and tranquility for them and their kin.
Please tell me you weren't trying to be poetic.
So what if I was?
You suck, that's what. This is why I'll never get a rap battle along Octy.
Can we not bring that story here? And just focus on what is going on and what is to happen?
Fine. Hmm
I don't like that thinking look, you are scheming something.
Maybe, but I'll keep it to myself, after all, you are the one who makes suggestions about-
No, I'm not asking that. Goodbye Rhy and E, oh, and Vi too.

Perfect ending to a perfect story. ONWARDS TO THE SEQUEL

Lovely, that's all we can say really.
A filly with silver eyes? I wonder...
Keep going! ;)

3352119
Already done. :twilightsmile:

Great job both of you, it was a great ending to a good story!

A few grammar and odd sentences but that is the editor in me poking my brain to 'fix it'. Aside that, I look forward to the sequel.:twilightsmile:

I wubbed the story the whole time :rainbowkiss:
I wish I could've added in just that one last bee referance-- 'Oh hey, a sequal'
HUZZAH! My dream of drawing Gel the Bumblebee shall continue!

(I am a very inefficent artist who cannot use time effectively :trollestia:)

loved the story, actually got me motivated to start my own story finally

Holy. 72 chapters?! Im never gonna get to finish this...

Well then, I started reading this a week ago and just finished it now. Perfect timing!

There appears to have been an explosion of bread in the kitchen. Dough is on the walls, floor, and ceiling, all coming from the pan laying on the counter. Flick is off to one side, funneling the smoke still coming from the oven out an open side window, not noticing the stallion enter.

still not as bad as rarity:raritydespair:

I like stories like this. I am going to save it for the weekend.

It gives me something to look forward to!!:raritystarry::raritystarry:

I haven't even read this story yet and all have to say...
1."it sounds good"
2."its a long story... I love long stories"
I'm going to enjoy this.
:twilightsmile:

I'ma read this. Can someone whip up a PDF version of this?

3358251 hence my confusion i assumed it was like that but me being me i prefer to have solid info ;) i mean it dosent matter once you get half way in really just seend a bit confusing is all

3359095 Maybe sex makes her uncomfortable. Changelings aren't just lustful succubi.

Read it all in less than 24 hours.
I have homework I should be doing.
This story is amazing.
Onto the sequel.
That is all.

3360866 No, because throughout the story, she always shows signs of wanting him, sometimes begging, to 'pop her cherry'.

Oh, well. I guess my joke wasn't as good as it was in my head.:twilightblush:

3363050
He probably just assumed she climbed.

3362569
Now the Changelings know how Germany feels.

3356650
You're thinking of Sweetie Belle.

3364887
See, i wouldn't know about that. Fairy Tail hasn't really grabbed my interest, so I've never really seen the anime or read the manga.

Although, I do think I come up with a pretty accurate fighting game comparison a few chapters after that.

3369572
It's coming up, don't worry, it takes a big role later.

3369632 good.






Stutters. :D

...
I just realized the changelings are rainbow colored. Like red orange yellow green blue purple, not like they're colorful and I'm a derp.
...
If ya catch my drift.

3373142
In a manner of speaking. Lust is a form of emotion that's highly addictive but doesn't actually provide much, if any, sustenance that love does.

3374533 Because Twilight is paranoid that the Changelings may want to take revenge for their defeat at Canterlot.

3375195 You will be glad to know that there is a rather adorable sequal to this fic then :trollestia:

3380886 You'll see. There's a reason I put the spoiler tag over it

3381249
"I don't see there not being a Russia on Equis. Personally, I imagine it's where the gryphons are from."

"That wasn't an inconsistency. That was her recalling how she was once addicted to lust."

"Not sure how to respond to this one, since Rhino is Rhy's OC, not mine."

"Glad you like it, and I hope you have a nice week!" :twilightsmile:

3381249
The exact name of her species was something I considered, but ponifying something like that seemed like it would just confuse people, so I stuck with the actual name.

It's actually exactly what you think. Lust is highly addictive, so she was trying to stay far away from it, but she ended up getting tastes of it, so, like many addicts, she relapsed slightly with those tastes at times.

Finally, the reveal. Yes, it probably could have been better with maybe a day to his thoughts. As it stands his decision was rushed because the small part of him that realized he cared for her, didn't want her to leave. A weak excuse, but it is what happened.

I do very much appreciate comments like this, as they help improve my future writing. Continue reading, and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

3382916
"You realize the second half of that line
She said was what's supposed to rhyme?"
:moustache:

3384719
"I did consider this fact, but (An)Gel isn't afraid of taking a bath. She's afraid of drowning. There was a large number of ponies there to rescue her if that were to start happening, and she was too relaxed in the first place to consider that she was in a bath to begin with. Does that make sense?" :duck:

3386006
I look forward to your comments. :scootangel:

-sigh-

I can't belive my luck stumbling into this amazing fic, love it. Absolutely love it. Thank you soooooooooooooooo much. I'm currently reading the second one, and very happy.... Thank you.

This was an amazing experience of slice-of-life done RIGHT. My only complaints are the blatant use of Fluffle Puff and shipping Luster with Octavia. And the loss of that AMAZING stutter of Gel's.

3394295

Glad to know people enjoy my comments:rainbowkiss:

3398621 But it's all sticky there ;~;

3400575
Hope to see your insightful comments on the sequel!

3400612 So they are insightful now? To me they mostly sounded like mad rants. Especially the Flufflepuff one. But you still managed to make it work.

3404402 it was a comment about how this would have read the exact same way if she wasn't a changeling. The fact she is is a major plot point, but seems to become forgotten.

awesome story loved every word of it and found it hard to pry myself away great job.:pinkiehappy:

My compliment to you mister Rhino for this beautiful story :pinkiehappy: and in the favorite you go

3412025
Excellent. To the sequel with you!

Awesome story! :heart:
Gone to read sequel :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment