• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 14,503 Views, 1,218 Comments

Remembering Garry's Mod - BioChemicalWolfGear



Something decided I was off my usual path. That I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Who am I to go against the word of a god?

  • ...
62
 1,218
 14,503

Chapter 13

My gaze trailed upward and met what I could only describe as a dragon. Its sharp spines were yellow and its menacing claws were a dark, charcoal black. The scales were red, and big enough to protect at least three people huddling together behind them. And its head, which was giving me the most malicious glare, was five times larger than I. But the most interesting out of the observations I made was only half its body was in the room. From where I was at the main entrance, I could see that the room in front of me looked like a massive ovular ballroom. Along its walls were tall, thin, stained-glass windows and large, marble structural supports that ran up the walls. I assumed the idea for the room was for housing oversized rowdy teenagers… or dragons.

My eyes now travelled down to a large white oval table located only a few meters from the door I just came out of. This was likely to give the large, rowdy teenagers adequate space to party while the smaller more delicate party goers remain closer to the exit in case the teenagers get angsty. I also noticed the impressive amount of subspecies equally flanking the table. Flanking the right side of the table was surprisingly little to no difference in species of ponies. Four pairs of delegates were on the right and each looked like they were differing forms of pony. The pair farthest from me on the right was the Princesses wearing their normal attire. Beside them was what looked like two purebred race horses flaunting lavish harnesses.

Next to them were two ponies both without horns or wings. They almost looked French, with one was sprouting a curly mustache and the other a baby-blue parasol. Both were wearing stylish clothing matching their accessories. The one with the parasol was wearing a baby-blue hat and a baby blue frilly dress. To their left were two ponies, another unicorn and one with both a horn and wings. The blue haired white coated stallion was wearing purple armor while the pink, lanky pony was wearing a small gold tiara and necklace.

“Hmm, now that I think about it, I should ask what the winged unicorns are called. Maybe unawingpony? Pony with wings and horns? Pegasus Unicorn half breeds? Pegacorn? Oh that’s pretty clever Blakey!” I thought jestingly.

I looked over to the left side to see a pair of creatures that looked like an eagle and lion mixed sitting closest to me. I immediately recognized them as griffins from mythology. Just like the close encounter I had with one at the hospital. They both looked dressed in black military uniforms with red capes. Both, however, looked different enough for me to tell they were two genders. The female, who sat closer to me than the male, had dark feathers on her head and a small red beak. The male had a large black beak and white feathers on his head.

Next to them was a pair of Minotaurs. I did a double take upon seeing them, finding it strange that a race from my mythology made it into this room. Mentally shrugging my shoulders, I dismissed it when I remembered unicorns. The two Minotaurs stood proudly with their chests puffed up, but one was taller than the other by a good two feet. The largest one was wearing a red cape with no shirt and black pants, his coat was black. The other was much older and wearing nothing, but he sported reading glasses and held several documents in his hand. His coat was brown and he had a long, grey beard that reached below his chest. The next pair’s seats almost seemed vacant, except for the seats next to the Minotaur’s that seemed to have two bubbles with two small creatures inside them. I couldn’t see them however, so I dismissed it.

“Wow I expected many more bodies than this. Yeah I feel a little more comfortable working this crowd.” I thought happily. “But more importantly… where the hell am I? This place has pretty much every mythical beast that I can think of. Unicorns, Dragons, Griffins, oh my! Hell even a Minotaur! Oh shit wait...I was in a hedge maze earlier. I hope they don’t hunt down humans when surrounded by walls.”

A calm motherly voice filled the air. “It seems the guest of honor has finally arrived. Although later than I would have hoped. Everypony, this is Blake, he’s the source of the magical outburst a few days ago.” The Princess turned to me. “You must have enjoyed your time in my garden, correct?” Celestia asked pleasantly.

I quickly reminded myself of my strategy of warming up the room with humor before I responded. “Thank you for showing me, Princess. It’s a very well taken care of and beautiful garden. Almost dozed off six or seven times.” I began walking toward the table, making eye contact with everyone I could. Raising my arms, I spoke up again, addressing everyone this time before anyone else could speak up to stop my momentum. “I’d like to apologize to all of you. I didn’t have any choice between outfits when I arrived. So I’m in my field outfit for whenever I go places. It comes with pockets, colors that blend in with the forest, and the ability to make anyone look homeless.” My smile reached my eyes, hoping to lighten the room a little.

My joke earned me a giggle from the pink pony to my right and some polite smiles from the male griffon and most of the right side of the room. Princess Luna and the male French pony didn’t smile. My joke also made the larger Minotaur facepalm slowly and shake his head disapprovingly. The female griffon however just remained stoic. I felt my heart sink some, but I hoped I could hook them to my energy long enough for me to finish. I stopped at the head of the table which was vacant of seats. This was probably to keep individual countries from seeming more important than others.

“Now, I’ve been around long enough to know many of you have concerns,” I said continuing to address the group in a friendly manner. “And before we start, I’d like to clarify a few things that may answer some of your questions. The first thing that was brought to my attention, was the fact that there is a powerful magical being living in Equestria, other than me. His name is Discord. And with me, that makes two powerful magical creatures living in Equestria. So what’s to stop us from deciding to pick the Princesses’ sides in a conflict?” I paused for dramatic effect. “Well, I’ll tell you.” I looked around the room evaluating their reactions. Everyone seemed to be listening very intently, but they maintained stoic and professional expressions. Some even nodded their heads politely to show they were paying attention.

I continued with a smile. “They’re not worthy of my help.” Both Celestia and Luna gave me a look of sheer surprise. A few others who noticed gave them suspicious glances, thinking they’ve done something irresponsible to make me believe this. “In fact…” I spoke up. “None of you are worthy of my support.” I clarified, leaning forward on the table. This brought all the eyes back to me. “The thing is. I only help those who can’t help themselves.” This got a lot of attention and a few approving stares from the ponies. Everyone was leaning forward in their seats with expressions of interest for reasons I couldn’t comprehend. Warily, I continued, “I’m a very cheerful guy, as you probably could tell. So when I see someone with a frown I-uh I can’t help but want to cheer them up a little. Honestly, my friends tell me I can get annoying with how eccentric I get. But it’s my weakness, when I’m not doing anything important.” I said reflecting on my past.

Princess Celestia stood cleared her throat to speak. This cut me off from continuing further. Her soft voice rose clearly throughout the room. “Thank you for that introduction, Blake. If you’re finished; I’d appreciate being able to start the official meeting between the sovereign leaders of the world.” She asked politely.

I responded humbly. “Apologies. I didn’t know there was a system I was interrupting.”

She nodded her head in understanding. “Apology accepted. And since this is your first time Blake, I will explain the process of introductions to you while I introduce myself. So you don’t get lost.” She stood up from her seat and looked forward, Luna doing the same. “I will now begin by stating the unattended chairs. The Changeling Empire. Their speaker Badland Brood-Mother Chrysalis has chosen not to attend.” She kept her face forward. “Now the host kingdom’s name. Equestria.” She looked back at me. “Then the official speaker for the country will say their names and the name of anypony present of importance in power and their title.” She looked forward again. “Princess Celestia, and Co-ruler, Princess Luna. We’re honored that you’ve answered our invitations. Thank you.” She bowed and sat back down. “Now it’s the kingdom to our left’s turn to state their nation and leader.” She informed me.

The tall brown horse next to them with a yellow mane stood up. His ceremonial clothes fully visible to the room. His pink associate stood up with him, her clothes were a royal purple. “Saddle Arabia. Custodian of the Two Holy Dunes, Hayya, and my wife and Co-ruler, Dry Sands.” He spoke proudly before they both sat down.

Next to them the two French ponies stood up. “Prance. King Childeheart the first and Co-ruler, Queen Clover the first.” He spoke proudly. They sat down too.

The ones next to them stood up. A pink pegacorn and a white unicorn. “The Crystal Empire. Love Eternal, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, and my husband and Co-ruler, Prince Shining Armor.” The both bowed their heads and sat down. Then looked toward me expectantly.

Princess Celestia spoke up. “It’s your turn, Blake. What’s your country, and position?” She asked nicely.

I froze with fright. “Oh crap. What country? Shit, I don’t know. Should I not say anything? Okay wait calm myself. Silence. Think.” I thought quickly. I closed my eyes to control my breathing and allow myself to think deeply.

“Blake?” asked a concerned Celestia.

I responded. “Let me gather my thoughts, if you will. I’m deciding whether or not I want to-” I paused for a moment. “tell you my past actually. But I will. Honestly I just don’t know if I want to tell you about it. But give me a moment. I’ll say something soon.” My long winded excuse didn’t help my brain think of a proper backstory.

“Okay. Now that I’ve got time I can think of something.” I inhaled deeply. “Well no ideas. Maybe my inventory will have a clue.” I scrolled through my inventory to look for anything to clue me in on a story. I had my toolgun, physgun, and a lightsaber. “Oh lightsaber. Well I can be a Jedi. WAIT YES THAT’S IT! I can be a Jedi! And my lightsaber can be proof of the order. But why would I be here if I were a Jedi?” I began to formulate my story in my head. “I’m a Jedi Exile. That works.”

My pause brought suspicion and concerned looks from the other honored guests. I looked around frightfully but I still spoke. “I-I.” I paused refining my lie. “Um…” I paused longer. “The Jedi Enclave.” I said a little too quietly, so I spoke up and said it again. “The Jedi Enclave.” I wetted my lips with my tongue. “Blake the Exile.” I finished unsure of myself.

There was a cold silence that I didn’t like. I felt my face flush with color and heat. My almost religious playing of Star Wars games before arriving in Equestria allowed me think of this quickly, but now I’m regretting saying Exile. Knowing it may have left a bad impression. Although I calmed myself when I realize it made sense that I was an Exile. It helps with the reason why I’m here so I decided I’d roll with it. I looked back at everyone. They seemed disappointed… no they were unsure and some looked like they pitied me.

But the thought train broke down as a new voice to my left spoke up. “Griffonia.” Said a powerful voice.

“Saved by the griffons.” I thought happily.

The big beaked white headed griffon with black feathers and brown feathered black headed griffon were standing up. “King Blackbeak and Co-ruler Queen Bloodbeak.” They slowly sat down, giving the room time to recover.

Then the large black Minotaur who was already standing spoke up. “The Minotaur Republic. Lord Strong Arm and Advisor Pencil Swish,” he announced with his chest puffed up.

To their left the orbs made a loud noise. “The Breezies Confederacy! Leaf Windsheer with wife and Co-ruler, Pedal Coldbreeze.” Spoke an amplified accented voice.

I jumped with fright from the booming voice that came next. “Dragon Lands! Ancient Dragon Lord Redwing!” Boomed the giant red dragon above us.

“Well I wanted to learn everyone’s names anyway, but they all sound too complex to remember straight off. Eh I’ll try remembering when I have to talk to them. I guess I’m lazy like that.” I thought bitterly.

Princess Celestia stood up again. “We have made introductions. May we continue with honest hearts and respect for one another. The topic which will be magically recorded for the sake of modern history is Blake, and all questions are asked to be respectfully related to him. May we begin?” She addressed the room.

“We may.” Spoke everyone in unison. This impressed me with how practiced it sounds.

The large Minotaur cleared his throat politely, garnering the attention of everyone. “Topic Blake. I’d like to ask you something that has concerned me since I learned about you, Mr. Blake. What made you decide to release that much magic back when you released it in the middle of Canterlot?” The room seemed to take on a heavy atmosphere as the gazes traveled back to me.

I answered as best I can. “Well to be honest. I was completely cut off from my magic when I came to this world. Whatever brought me here made me lose my connection to my powers entirely. However, I had something called a Toolgun.” I materialized the Toolgun in my hand and lifted it into the air. “This tool channels my magic into something constructive. It also has the added bonus of suppressing my magic when I don’t need it. So when I finally got my Toolgun and tried using it, it channeled my magic in a violent and unexpected way. However it brought it back all at once, creating the magical outburst you heard about.” The Minotaur seemed pleased with this and nodded his head.

“Um, if I may interrupt.” Spoke the pink alicorn to my right. The room drew their eyes toward her, myself included. “You said you were an exile. Are you comfortable enough to explain to the room why?” She asked carefully.

I looked down to think. “Well okay, I know a lot about the Jedi code and so on, but for reasons as to why I’d be exiled? Oh wait yeah I’m here because I need to change, the Jedi exiled people for that, I’ll just explain that.”

I was about to speak but was cut off. “I’m sorry.” Said the pink alicorn. “You don’t need to answer.” She said.

“No.” I stated when she was done. “I’ll answer your question. I want this room to respect me and my needs. To do that I need your trust. So I will show the same respect along with pure honesty here. I was exiled because I didn’t follow the path of the Jedi. I chose to let my emotions become more important than the code, and I was exiled. But the Jedi Council isn’t unforgiving. They decided to give me a chance to redeem myself by sending me here to learn more about myself and change for the good of the galaxy.” I mentally face palmed when I realized that I was just spouting the duty of a Jedi rather than relating it to my current situation. Like saying galaxy really doesn’t help me at all.

The pink alicorn smiled happily. “Thank you for speaking about this. And tell me, what do you mean the good of the galaxy?” She asked curiously.

I sighed realizing that I need to explain what a Jedi is. “The Jedi is both a belief and a special organization that’s main goal is to bring balance to The Force. Exterminating great evil while allowing others to vanquish lesser evil, so the people of those planets become stronger. Sometimes they even ask for our aid and after some deliberation from the Jedi council, we come to their aid. However if we feel we don’t need to help or we’re unable to, we will ignore the request. Because being a Jedi isn’t just about fighting evil. It’s about fighting what no one else can fight, and teaching the weak to become stronger. It’s to make the galaxy stronger when a powerful enemy is attacking the Jedi. The weak have the power to protect themselves or stall for enough time for us to arrive.” I said giving my best description of the Jedi code to someone who doesn’t know.

But I wasn’t done so I continued on. “The Jedi collects members from surrounding cultures. Sometimes going great distances to add new members who are sensitive in the ways of The Force. The Force binds all things, guides all things. There is nothing The Force doesn’t influence. That’s because The Force is actually the life force we all have. And it’s the Jedi belief that when you die, you return to The Force. It’s reflected in their code. There is no death, there is only The Force. And they use the force to find suffering and warn of danger. It can also be used to heal wounds and manipulate objects in the name of good.”

The pink pony smiled “That sounds so honorable! So how does this tie in with your power to create things?” She asked.

I gave her a questioning glance. “I never explained my power yet. How did you know about it? If you don’t mind me asking that is?” I said trying to be humble.

She smiled kindly. “Well news travels fast when the one who gave us an invitation told us all she knows about you.” She said looking to Princess Celestia. Whom upon being viewed by the pink alicorn seemed to shrink slightly.

I thought to myself quietly. “She probably remembers our surprisingly serious conversation in the halls. Eh I should probably steer this away from her involvement unless it comes up.” I thought cautiously.

“So?” Said the pink pony to me.

I blinked in confusion. “What?”

She raised her eyebrow. “Uh, my question.” She reminded me.

My eyes widened and I asked bashfully, “Oh right! Sorry forgot. Can you remind me of it?”

She nodded her head. “No problem. How does the Jedi Enclave relate to your power?” She asked again.

“Okay, crap how do I explain my ability to make things. Hell I only talked about the Jedi because it’s something I can talk about. Okay. Well. I guess like I did earlier, it’s time to use the truth.” I thought to myself.

I nodded thinking of a way to explain that. “Well… I’m kind of special I guess. You see I’m not a regular-uh individual from their universe. I’m called a Garry’s Modder. I play with the powers of creation and destruction in pocket dimensions called Servers. I just happened to become a Jedi because I thought they sounded cool. So I joined them and helped them with my abilities.”

Our conversation was cut off by a voice to my left. The large black furred Minotaur started speaking. “I’d like to know how the Jedi use this relatively peaceful-sounding power to vanquish evil. I’d also like to know what kind of weapons they use to accomplish the feats of strength I’m detecting in your little description,” he asked, levelling a judgmental stare.

I felt uncomfortable with his criticism but I knew I had to say something. “Okay, well all Jedi know how to use The Force. Which can help them detect life and find negative emotion to help them track down evil and suffering. But each Jedi is separated into different classes based on their personality. Each class also uses different tools to fight evil. But there’s a tool that’s given to all Jedi, like the lightsaber which is widely considered the iconic tool of the Jedi. But there are Jedi called Guardians that specialize in using the lightsaber extensively to get better results.” I paused to breath.

I then continued with gusto. “While a Jedi Councilor is trained to use their Force powers and persuasive abilities to get results, as well as using their minds to solve complex riddles to help them see the truth. And a Jedi Sentinel is the balance in between both. They tend to use their saber when they need it, but also use The Force in battle to weaken their opponents. They’re also the freer-willed of the Jedi and use their abilities to seek out evil and destroy it.” I took a deep breath; I was barely taking any breaks between sentences.

The Minotaur spoke again. “What is a lightsaber? Better yet, can you make one to show me?” He asked.

“Many red flags. Why does he want to see the lightsaber?” I thought suspiciously. “Well I have one on me, but if I want to show it off I should have it out for a few seconds just in case. I don’t want to be tricked and have it stolen.” I thought cautiously.

“Well I have one on me right now if you really want to see it.” I asked impulsively.

“Really?” Said the pink alicorn to my right. “Sure let’s see it.”

Against my better judgement I pulled out the lightsaber from my inventory and placed it into my hand. Immediately it lite up in a blue beam. I jumped slightly because I forgot the lightsaber is active the first time you spawn it. I held it up for everyone to see. Their looks ranged from curious to unfazed.

I spoke again. “This tool is the official weapon of the Jedi. Its abilities are-“

“Put that away!” Shouted an irritated female voice from my left.

The female griffon looked upset. I quickly tried to find and use the button to turn it off, and after a short moment of struggling I decided to just holster it, so it doesn’t look like I don’t know how to use it. Also it would have been embarrassing to just stand there in front of everyone and struggle with my own weapons.

“Weapons aren’t allowed here!” She spoke to me with anger. “It’s a sign of distrust at a meeting such as this; remove it from your body immediately!” She said angrily.

I nervously responded. “I’m sorry but I can’t get rid of it. It’s an inventory item. One of the abilities I have is to always hold onto the things I create that are meant for my hands. And the lightsaber is one of them. I actually can’t drop it even if I tried.” I said saying the truth.

“Fine, then be subject to my distrust!” she exclaimed as she glared at me angrily.

My heart sank somewhat and I began to read the room, most seemed unsure. “Look.” I said to the griffon softly. “I didn’t know there was a no-weapons rule. And I won’t deny this as a weapon because it can be used that way. It’s called a lightsaber for a reason. That reason because it’s a sword. But its primary function isn’t just for fighting. And even though it’s asking a lot, please listen to what I have to say about it.”

She looked to me with an unimpressed scowl. “Continue.” She spoke harshly. “If I like what you say then I’ll consider forgiving you.”

I bowed politely. “Thank you for your ear. The lightsaber is a tool of the Jedi. For us, to think of it as a weapon is vastly underestimating it. The lightsaber is not only a tool, it’s a symbol. The Jedi wear it to show they’re part of the order. We use it to deflect energy that’s used against us, and it can cut through nearly all materials using its blade of light.” I was interrupted.

“Surely dragon scales can’t be cut by it!” Boomed the dragon proudly.

“Uh,” I said looking up. “Well I hope I don’t get the chance to find out.” I commented. “But if I may continue?”

“Of course.” He said.

“Well a lightsaber can cut through nearly all materials, and can melt away steel doors. It can shed light in dark areas, and can only be wielded effectively by someone with a strong connection to the force. Its effects can also be augmented by adding other special crystals too it. Making it stun living creatures when struck, and deflect blasts of energy. It can also clash with other lightsabers. But the most amazing aspect of the lightsaber is the Kyber crystals inside.” I paused to increase my breath.

I analyzed the room and continued my speech. “The Kyber crystal can come in many different colors of the rainbow; however they’re all extremely rare. Some Kyber crystals are known to exist but can’t be found. That’s what makes the lightsaber so specific to the Jedi order. When one is found, it’s brought to us to make a lightsaber.” I finally finished.

The griffon spoke again. “That doesn’t assure me. It even sounds like you’ve made that up to convince me. I think I’ll continue to hold this against you, especially since you tried to save your own hide by lying.”

I was water falling with sweat right now. I knew it was the truth but I also know it sounded like a fabricated story. I honestly couldn’t think of a way to get out of this. “Okay.” I said. “I know it sounds like a lie. But the honest truth is that it’s not.” I said nervously. “I don’t want to be called a liar. I don’t like it. But if you won’t accept my explanation then I can’t do anything about it. So I ask you allow me a second chance. Please.” I pleaded.

The griffin was about to speak again… and with a scowl on her face too. But Princess Celestia in all her glory came to the rescue. “I for one believe Blake.” She said gaining the attention of the room. “Before you all came here, we had many conversations regarding his powers. It’s my duty as Princess of Equestria to make sure he won’t hurt anyone. So he gave me a demonstration of his tools in my garden before I excused myself to meet all of you in person.” She paused.

My jaw almost dropped with that statement. “That’s a total lie! She bugged out before she even got halfway to the garden with us! I hope she makes this good. Because if she succeeds I’m going to buy her ice cream...or I dunno a new butler?” I thought thankfully.

“But his claim to be able to create and destroy matter is nothing to scoff at my friends.” She continued respectfully. “I was witness to him pulling out plates of iron from thin air and then destroying them completely without a trace when he was finished.” She said with confidence. “So I believe lying about the purpose of the lightsaber is completely unnecessary when he has far more powerful tools at his disposal. Even if we were to believe it was a weapon, it would pale in comparison to the tools he wields. Even then the explanation he gave us sounds very much like a lie. And I don’t believe it’s much of a challenge for any of us to see the anxiety on his face. From observation alone, I believe he knew it sounded like a lie, and told us anyway. Trusting us to believe him.” Her serene voice of confidence flowed to a stop.

My mind however was reeling. “She wasn’t in the garden… how the hell does she know what happened? I just want an explanation now.” I thought to myself.

The tone of the room returned to a less intense vibe as the patrons of the room seemed to look around to gauge the room. Some seemed to be closing their eyes in thought. While others just looked unconvinced. Most nodded their head in understanding.

But the Prance pony king spoke up. “Monsieur, I’m inclined to believe you and am interested in moving the conversation forward.” He said politely and directly toward me. “I’m interested in your architecture. What kinds of things have you built that helped thee uh, Jee’dai?” He asked.

I smiled; the conversation is finally about what I can do again. “I’ve built many things with the idea of function in mind. So my architecture isn’t all that great. But I’ve made a few nice looking things in the past like buildings, statues, cool cars, and I tried to build a few tanks but I was never the best at them. But the things I mostly pride myself on are the space ships. I’ve built many massive ships that at one point blocked out the sun from their size. To small machines that were able to follow me through doors.”

He seemed pleased with this. “Thank you monsieur. But for what purpose do those contraptions have? And can we see a few?” He asked pleasantly.

I smiled with enthusiasm. “Well most of the time they’re used for transportation. Sometimes they help me build. Others help me mine. And many of the special ones are made to do specific jobs like drive on walls and fly. Some flying ships are meant to carry passengers and others are just for looks or to be part of some theme or fleet. Also I build things with a story in mind. Like my one ship called The White Sorrow which is a fast warship with thin, but very strong armor. There are also different versions that can sink and fly.” I said enthusiastically.

The Prance queen spoke up. “Slake bleu! You build warships?” she exclaimed.

My eyes widened when I realized the implication and looked around. Most looked uneasy, but the ones with the most shock and worry expressed were the Princesses. And the tension returned to the room.

My heartbeat increased and I quickly thought of a lie. “Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down everyone. Of course I build warships and weapons.” I said trying to be confident. “I have to fight evil somehow. My first line of defense is through power. Which is one of the reasons why I was ultimately exiled. But I’m going to clear something up right now. I’m not going to stop building warships even while I’m here. But I promise I won’t use them against any of you unless you’ve done something terrible. It’s just how I was raised as a Jedi. I just don’t do harm to people that don’t deserve it. So, hopefully, none of you have any reason to fear me.” I explained.

The room seemed a little less tense now. Not everyone was meeting me in the eye. Some shared whispered tones to their companions, even whispering to the ones from other countries. I began to feel slightly alienated, regretting sharing so much at the moment.

“This matters not!” Boomed a voice overhead. Everyone looked up at the red scaled dragon. “As long as you vow not to use your weapons in aggression, then I do not care that you have them. This is no different than another nation having spears or combat magic to us dragons! And I am willing to extend the same consideration toward you if you’re willing to be trustworthy!” He spoke with conviction.

An amplified voice rose out of one of the magic globes. “I’m not in agreement.” Said what I assume was a male voice. “Weapons tied to sovereign rulers are tied to the responsibility to use them correctly. There are even Political, social, and economical reasons why we can’t abuse the right to war! I see no such binds tied to him! I wish to propose a ban on Blake’s weapon building. And an inspection on all his creations.” My heart dropped.

The pink pony to my right spoke up, “Enough! Windsheer, it’s too early to vote on a course of action. Much less one we have not all agreed to being an option. We don’t have all the information we need, nor have we heard the full testimony of the one in question. I suggest you hold your opinions until you’ve learned more.”

“Need I remind you?” Started Windsheer darkly. “That you are the youngest one here. You who just claimed the throne? Is it my responsibility to tell you that you’re not the most powerful royal in the room anymore? And that you’re surrounded by equals?”

Her eyes widened. “O-oh. No. Wait, I didn’t mean it like that! It’s just-”

“You forgot yourself?” He said darkly. “No we are equal here. Remember that.” Cadence hung her head in shame. Her husband rubbed her back to comfort her before shooting a glare at Windsheer.

“I-I…” She struggled to get out.

The Minotaur spoke up. “Princess Cadence is correct.” He turned a disapproving gaze toward Windsheer. “And she isn’t the only one who forgot themselves. Windsheer, you don’t have the power to force us to decide just as much as Cadence does to silence you.” He turned back to the room. “I’d like to point out the informality we’re adopting. We must all remember we’re on equal ground. And that our decisions would severely affect the life of Jedi Exile Blake.” He said powerfully. “But more importantly, this meeting has nothing to do with our ties to each other. It has to do with the subject of Blake himself. So I would like to ask that we remember why we’re here.” There were many nods in agreement to that statement.

“Jedi Exile Blake sounds so cool.” I thought to myself; completely ignoring the event that just took place.

I cleared my head and decided to add my own two cents so I don’t look powerless or submissive. “Windsheer.” I attempted to sound disapproving to the orb holding the small creature. I began to feel the pressure of judging eyes on me. Most seemed curious though.

I continued with conviction. “Just as much as you would show respect to the others in this room, I ask you show the same respect to me. I came here of my own free will, not because I’m powerless. Not because I worry about the repercussions, but out of respect for everyone here. And through my respect I hope to prove myself to you. To live in peace with everyone present and their subjects.”

I looked around the room to address everyone. “I have the power to leave this room right now, and build an unstoppable warship with the ability to level cities and start making demands. But I’m not going to do that. Why?” I let the question hang as I looked around the room. “As I stated before, I want to live in harmony with everyone present. To coexist. To be allowed to stay because of my neighborly personality and your generosity. Not because you’re afraid of me. I want friends. I want understanding. I want mutual respect. And I want your approval.”

I then looked back at Windsheer. “I’m trying my best to please you. To make sure everyone here understands that I want to be left alone.” My thoughts started to trail off. I ended up not talking for a few seconds and I started pacing trying to communicate that I’m not done while giving expressions of concern and frustration. This was all so I could think of something to say. “Look, I’m stranded here.” I admitted to the room. “It was never my intention to be here. This is a result of my exile. I’ve been placed here. I didn’t come because of free will or interest. I came because I had to.” I paused again thinking of more to say.

I finally began again. “Yes, I’m powerful and you have the right to be nervous. Yes, I can cause a great deal of suffering. You have the right to prepare yourself. Yes, I’m unpredictable. And you have the right to try and judge every move I make to understand me.” I stopped talking and pacing. Then I put my hands on the table and leaned on them while looking down. Then I looked up for dramatic effect and said. “Please don’t make this hard. I’m afraid of you all.” I admitted carefully. This drove many in the room to widen their eyes. “I don’t want an enemy out of anyone here. I will obey this…” I struggled to find a word to reference the group. “Committee.” I finally said. “All the rules you want to put on me. But please show mercy.”

Now the room seemed a little uncomfortable. But I looked around to see the general expressions of the room, and most of them seemed sympathetic. My heart swelled when I saw some guests exchange thoughtful smiles and nods. The room was deathly quiet, but it wasn’t quite unwelcome.

The large brown horse from Saddle Arabia spoke up. “I, Hayya of the Dunes, will consider this carefully. I know I haven’t spoken much since we began, but I wanted a general consensus of the room.” He said with a gentle smile on his face. “I feel we’ve been forgetting your feelings, Blake.” He said directing the comment toward me. “Our positions in life often blind us to our own emotions. Making it harder to recognize another’s. I’d like to make a bold proposal. Despite our disagreement earlier about power. I say we wait and see. Blake has shown no sign of being an aggressive being. And while I could say he tries to protect himself through his speeches; he hasn’t neglected the feelings of the room. Very unlike Discord, don’t we agree?” He looked around waiting for a few nods.

When they concurred through hesitant nods he continued. “Discord often has a pattern of pretending to listen at first, then neglecting requests all together. Causing us to play by his offhoofish personality. But Blake here pays attention to us. He gives us options, and tries his best to allow us to understand him. Maybe.” He paused. “And how bold am I to say it.” He commented offhandedly. “Maybe. He doesn’t need our restrictions. This is all I wish to say for now.” He politely bowed his head.

The next who spoke up was the griffin king. Whom remained very silent until now. “You bring up an excellent point Hayya. One that this committee won’t forget, and neither will I. But I don’t believe no restriction at all is agreeable. But maybe instead some leniency on our inevitable verdict.” He turned his head toward me. “Blake I’m not the only one who can see your distress while talking to us.” My heart felt heavy.

“Not to worry,” He commented. “I’m only pointing it out because it shows you want to be here. You haven’t been rude. Well, not on purpose.” He shrugged his shoulders. “You haven’t been cruel. And you’re still here listening to us. Trying your best to help us understand you. Honorable Hayya is right. You’re not Discord. In fact you’re the most agreeable being with unpredictable and overwhelming power I’ve ever even heard about. Discord may be playing nice. But you’re just being considerate. I’d also like to admit to not having much faith in you when you arrived late. I figured you’re just another Discord clone. Uncaring about what goes on in the world except for the things that directly involve you. But I was wrong. And I’d very much like to get to know you better.” He said with a smile.

All this sudden supportive turns have made my heart begin to heal from being overly stressed. My mood was returning to a happier one. I also started feeling much more at ease in the room around these people. Some didn’t like me; but others really understood and felt like they’re on my side. The words to describe my gratitude toward them were nonexistent. As a result of my renewed spirit, I stood up straight and gave the room a smile.

“Thanks, I really needed that.” I said to the griffin king. I turned my head and gave a nod to the Arabian horse. “I honestly don’t like being serious.” I said to them both, looking back and forth at them. “It makes me feel so uncomfortable. Like if I don’t do something right I can be punished for it immediately. Kind of like how I felt before I walked in here. Hell, I still felt that way in here. It also didn’t help when I could hear the distrust some of you had for me. Speaking your negative opinions of me like I wasn’t even here. I’ll be honest, I felt ready to cry. I don’t like it when people hate me. Especially when I try so hard to make friends.” I said letting my guard down.

I took a long well deserved deep breath of fresh air. Letting my lungs swell with oxygen and releasing it. I still felt the nervousness of eyes on me. But it was easier since it felt like they were accepting me for who I am.

“I’m glad you’re able to say that to us.” Said a cheerful voice to my right. I looked over to observe the smile of the pink alicorn. “Now I think we can make some serious headway with our debate. I’d also like to know even more about you Blake. You seem like a fun guy to know.”

I nodded happily. “Yeah, I feel the same. Maybe we can all go out for ice cream after this. Actually that’d be a pretty funny story for the newspaper.” I said forgetting my nerves. “World leaders buy ice cream together!” The comfortable chuckles of the people in the room that couldn’t be brought out before proved that we were all beginning to trust each other. Some didn’t find it funny, but it doesn’t mean they didn’t appreciate the tension of the room dying down.

The sound of someone clearing their throat brought us back to attention. We all looked to Princess Luna, the source of the disturbance. “I’ve been meaning to ask this. But the way your emotional state was at the time, I didn’t think I’d get a clear answer. But now that you’re happy and comfortable I’d like to ask.” Said Princess Luna strongly. “What’s your history? You said you’ve been in a world where Servers and Server Owners rule and all the representatives wear masks. However your history with the Jedi seems to eclipse it completely. I was wondering if you were just making these up, or at least one of them is the truth.” She asked curiously.

The tension returned and so did a weight in my heart. But I was prepared now. But I couldn’t help but feel the support of the room slipping away. “Well interesting question. But the truth is, they’re both true. I was part of both worlds. I’m a Garry’s Modder. Which means I participated in the pocket dimensions called Servers. But shortly after I left Garry’s Mod in order to become a Jedi. At first they didn’t want to accept me for being older, but when they learned who I was they agreed to tell me their code and teach me their ways.” I paused; leaving the thought up in the air.

I continued. “I told you I wore a mask correct?” She nodded. “That was because at the time I was a child. Children are supposed to wear masks called avatars to conceal their age, otherwise older Garry’s might think less of them when they have power. Or might think less of the Server Owner for giving a child power. Kind of like how your people would think if you gave a kid administration over the castle treasury. It just doesn’t seem right. So I was supposed to wear a mask and not talk to hide my age.”

Luna spoke up but with an understanding smile on her face. “Which is why you asked Blueblood for a mask, right? I think I understand. You weren’t supposed to talk and you wore a mask. That’s why you’re so nervous in front of us! You’ve never did open public speaking before I assume?” She asked.

I smiled with the hand delivered cover up lie. “Yes, exactly!” I concurred. “And honestly adults can also wear masks during administration meetings. Which is why the mask works for children. Most admins have avatars just like the kids do. So it’s common. I don’t need it anymore though; I think I’ve learned enough to do this kind of thing again. I mean I survived this right? I can get through the next one.” I commented.

“Indeed.” Said Luna with a smile.

“I’m confused,” boomed the dragon above us. “I’m not following the conversation. I must not have been given the same information as the rest of us.” He said.

The French king spoke up. “You’re not the only one monsieur.” He said in his heavy French accent. “The letter mentioned nothing of his history, just of his personality and abilities. May we start from the beginning?” He asked politely toward me.

I was about to explain until I was cut off. “Actually.” Interrupted Luna. “I fear my next question might get buried by an explanation. So we’ll explain after my line of questioning is done. If I may be so bold?” She said bowing politely toward the committee. Nods of agreement followed. “Thank you for your patience honorable guests.” She steeled herself and looked toward me. “When did you join the Jedi?” She asked strongly.

I was slightly taken back by the question. “It was after I was around thirteen when I joined the Jedi Enclave.” I responded.

She nodded. “I see…” She paused and stared me in the eye. “Why did you join them?”

I was slightly taken back but I continued. “Well they were cool.” I said with a smile. “Honorable warriors that fight for the sake of good. Using their faith to lift objects and hunt down evil to make the galaxy a better place. Even having a tool made specifically for th-”

“Blake.” Said Luna strongly. “I doubt this explanation entirely. You’re telling me; you left your home. All your friends and family behind. The power you had in a government. The comforts of home. And a place to sleep all because you thought… it was cool?” She finished.

I felt that everything I worked for just vanished. My lies. My acquiring of support. My air tight explanations. All up in smoke because I couldn’t keep my story straight. But I couldn’t just lay down and die like this. I need to pick up the pieces and try to form a story. I thought for a moment, lowering my head to think. Then I looked up and held out my hand in front of me. I ignored the looks of confusion. I went to my inventory and summoned the lightsaber again. It activated immediately and I held it so the blade pointed to the sky. The room erupted in noise of chatting and nervous conversations.

Princess Celestia spoke up. “Blake! What are you doing?” She asked with alarm. “Put that away!”

I shouted my next word. “This!” The room got quiet. I calmly said, “Is proof that I became a Jedi.”

I then placed the blade back in my inventory and pulled out my Toolgun. I switched the tools to the rope tool. I didn’t bother playing with the settings. I pointed the Toolgun at the table and pulled the trigger. A quick zap of electricity hit the table where I pointed the gun. I raised the Toolgun to the ceiling and shot it again creating a rope that ended at each point I shot the gun. The sudden appearance of a rope in the room hushed the committee. I then did it three more times to different walls of the room.

I then spoke again. “This proves I’m a Garry’s Modder. A creator and destroyer of matter!” I exclaimed to garner the attention of the room. I then went back to the tool menu and selected utilities. Then ‘Clean Up Everything’ which made all the ropes disappear. “But how I became both is…” I said quietly, but loud enough for them to hear. “Painful.”

Luna spoke again. “Blake. You didn’t need to show us those abilities. We can take your word for it.” She tried to assure me.

I shook my head. “No.” I said calmly. “I will now tell you why I’m both.” The room remained quiet but very attentive. “We think we’re better than everyone out there. We’re the only race to create and destroy matter. We create our own worlds as a result of this. Leaving out everyone we don’t agree with. One day I was interested in the galaxy that we didn’t create. I learned about the Jedi and tried to become one. And when I returned I was rejected for cooperating with the lesser races.” I paused.

I tried to seem sad. “I’m not just a Jedi Exile.” I said to the room. Of which a group of voices started chatting to themselves. I ignored them and continued. “I’m banned from coming home. And the Jedi took me in. As I was raised by the Garry’s, I was stubborn to accept new ideas of peace and they said I was dark. But I continued to follow their guidance and they continued to accept me as long as I was willing to try understanding them.”

I took a breath “I began to realize I’m not all that powerful. Especially when they told me I wasn’t supposed to use my powers of creation and destruction. It’s why I seem so clueless when I try to use it. I’ve almost forgotten how. And when I said I built their ships. That was sort of a lie. I helped construction teams since I was good with space ships.”

I paused to think and continued. “They were trying to teach me to not be what I was born as. A Garry doesn’t care about the lives of lesser creatures. As I grew to love the Jedi, I grew empathy. And I began to love the galaxy like they do. But my nature was too strong for them. I wouldn’t accept their blind justice belief. They would do everything that’s right at all times. Save all lives. But I didn’t want to save the lives of dark people.”

I looked up at the room. “So a Jedi is forbidden to kill. And I believed the death of evil creatures would balance the universe. So after years of trying to teach me, they decided that a test of my wisdom was needed. So they exiled me, and I have to remain here until I’ve proven my nature as a Jedi, or my nature as a Garry. But both have appeal to me. I want to destroy evil and protect the peace. But being a Garry means always being in the grey. I can’t be all evil and all good. I was born like this. And I have to overcome it before I’m welcomed back.” I finished my complicated lie.

“I truly hope they accept it. If they don’t I’m done.” I thought bitterly.

“Blake I-” Luna stopped. “I didn’t know you had this restriction. If I did then I wouldn’t have brough-”

“Stop.” I said strongly. I then continued very casually. “You asked something you needed to. I won’t hold it against you. And you didn’t hurt my feelings. It’s just hard not fitting in. But I hope to change that here.” I said.

The booming voice of the dragon above cut through our thoughts. “I don’t see any reason to continue asking questions. I’ve learned a great deal about Blake’s past and-oh well we haven’t really discussed your future yet now have we? I propose we ask about future plans now. So Blake, before anyone can agree or disagree. What are you going to do now?” He asked with a subtle grin.

“Uh…” I said dumbly. “Profit?” I jested.

“Actually I do need money don’t I?” I thought to myself.

“What do you mean?” He asked confused.

I responded quickly. “Well I was actually trying to joke around but it does bring up a concern. I need money. And I need something to do while I’m here. And just sitting around eating the Princesses’ food doesn’t really help me get anywhere with my task. So I’m going to have to think more about that. Honestly, I don’t have a clear goal in mind other than build things. So I think I’ll try building things that I can use in utility. Maybe rent out mining equipment or something like that.” I commented.

“Actually food is something I still need. Huh. Weird. I’m hungry but I also feel like I don’t need it. Strange.” I thought curiously.

Princess Celestia stood from her chair. “Well, I don’t believe we’ll need Blake’s presence for the next thirty minutes. What we plan on doing is coming up with contingencies and strategies to combat you if you decide to turn on us. Normally we wouldn’t tell you this but since you were so open about being okay with us doing this, I believe we can trust telling you.”

She then said bashfully “Although that may not be the consensus of the committee so I may have been a little bold in saying that.” She steeled herself for the next line of words she was about to say. “I would like to propose a vote to dismiss Blake. His presence was necessary to discover information, and now that we have enough, his presence is no longer needed.”

The room was filled with confirmations. “Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Aye.”

“Nay.” Spoke the Minotaur.

Everyone looked to him in surprise, including myself. I gave him a curious glance which he seemed to return with vested interest. To me it felt like he wanted me to answer for something, or he still had questions that made him unsatisfied. I took this moment to look at the old Minotaur beside him who hasn’t moved this whole time. But I noticed through his stoic expression that his eyes were watching me. A pen was motionless in his hand against his clipboard.

Princess Celestia’s warm voice interrupted the staring contest. “Blake, the committee has agreed: You’re dismissed. You may leave if you want to.” She said as if prompting me to leave.

I felt relieved. “Yeah I think I’ll do that.” I said with a smile, “I’ve got some projects I want to finish.” I turned and began walking. “Have fun without me, then. Good to meet you all!” I said without looking back.

My strides were short but quick. I felt the pressure of everyone's eyes on me as I took my leave. I know I couldn’t see them, but I had a feeling everyone was watching me. And as I walked toward the large marble double doors I thought to myself. “Okay just calmly walk out, Blake. I want to leave too, take long deep breaths to myself. But what’s more concerning is that look. What’s with that look anyway? Better yet, what did the minotaur king want with me? Does he want to talk more?”

I reached the door and looked back at the large black furred Minotaur king. His gaze never left me as I reached for the door handle. But I stopped and let my hand down to look him back in the eye. His gaze wasn’t malicious or cruel. It seemed analytical and expecting to me. The stare gave me comfort but also made me feel like I’m not meeting expectations. I opted to give him a smile. Which he didn’t return but his right ear twitched in response. I turned fully to face him and noticed the eyes of all the members of the room looking between us. They saw our gaze as something of an interest. But I spared them only a glance until my eyes locked onto his again.

My smile widened and I said, “Let’s meet up later Lord Strong Arm.” I said recalling his name. “I can tell you still have questions. And I’d like to get to know your more. I mean your people are the only two legged people I know of other than me. So let’s meet up before you leave.” I then gave him a polite bow and while my head was low, I nocliped through the door and out of the room.

Author's Note:

OKAY HOLY GREAT MOTHER OF WHATEVER! This took a long time to fully flesh out. I know it took a little while after I said I'd get back into writing and finishing my two stories. But sweet mother of god did I hate this chapter. I didn't want to write this because I didn't find a serious converstion to be funny. And then I had to make characters with their own personalities that would in turn praise or condemn the main character Blake. But what I was really trying to do this whole time was make it so they wouldn't make it easy on him at all.

In the end I feel I failed my goal. But I got away with making it interesting (I hope) so I hope you enjoyed.

Also can you tell I've never done public speaking before? And the only experience I have with it is stuff in college and high school. ;~;

Anyway have a good day. I'm currently writing the next chapter to this because I want to get a head start before I move to Canis Ezo Kage. Because when I get back to this I'll have something to start with. Allowing me to get into the mood of writing it and finishing the next chapter quicker.

Also for anyone that cares. I might switch over the genre from Slice of Life to Adventure. Simply because it offers more to me. Or maybe just have little adventures after some cool slice of life stuff.

Comments ( 65 )

Gary's mod and ponies...

This can only end in lulz.

Queen Bloodbeak

Unless she's got a reputation for not brushing her teeth, I'd guess that's a name with some history behind it.

Poor people who haven't had their noclip enabled

No greater exit that to noclip through a solid door.:rainbowlaugh:

6314842 Legit. I was going for that.

6314973 Well there's a backstory to that but I don't know if I'll ever get into it.

Now in wondering if he'll ever mention the "War of Servers"...

Dark times...

6314991 I remember that actually. I actually only heard about it after it happened. But from what I understand was one steam community decided to go to war with another steam community and they started crashing each others servers...

Well we might be talking about two different things though. I don't know directly what the "War of Servers" is about.

I am amazed that he didn't lose his cool in that room. They can't even combat Blake. He will just noclip through everything and summon his soldiers to help him. Would be fun though, for him to say that any of their plans to stop him are bound to fail anyway. Not even talking about him being able to respawn.

It's weird that a GMod and MLP crossover should appear on a day I mostly spent considering how difficult it would be to create pony NPCs in GMod.

The answer? I can't be bothered to find out.

I love it. I'm happy that you updated no matter the date.


Now I want more...

Oh Blake, all the lies wrapped aroun truths, what have you gotten yourself into?
That aside, it's good to see that you are still working on this fic, keep it up!

6315002
I think there was a machinima movie of it...

A link to it if curious.

But I can't wait once he'll spawn NPCs, for those who know of the Evil Lawn Gnome...oh god....

Another great chapter, I see. Well done.:D

6315003 Yeah the whole "keeping his cool" think is really what worried me the most. I didn't want him to seem garry stu but I think there was definately a bit of it there. I mean literally coming out of that room without someones feelings hurt or without someone upset with him just feels a little wrong in my book. I used to completely give no shits as to how I wrote this, it was for fun. But ever since it got some traction I'm giving it a deeper storyline and trying to give it more realism, I can't help but feel I'm overlooking a lot of important character traits. And when I read over the chapter again I realize that I'm completely right. I've overlooked a lot.

There was no reason for Blake to win over anyone in that room. But I did it anyway and I feel terrible for it. I think having more severe consiquences for every little thing he did would add to the story. But so early on? This is what I've worried about. It's been days since he's been in Equestria. So I feel like I just wasted an oppertunity on something that doesn't move the story forward.

Sorry if this totally ruins your bliss but I have to say it. I just wasted my time :(

Good news is that I didn't waste the whole event. I just made it easier to move into the next act and I'm about to add more tools and abilities. And while I know it will make Blake slightly overpowered compared to any individual, he won't be a garry stu. I can promise that.

Christ I'm my own worst critic...eh it helps to realize I'm doing something wrong. Eh. Whatever. Maybe in a few hours I'll decide to rewrite or I'd find a way to throw in drama later on.

No worries, dude. I haven't done Public Speaking myself, so the chapter was good with its content.

But damn if Blake isn't digging a hole for himself :rainbowlaugh:

Bloody hell this story needs to be on a weekly release system rather than a monthly one. Its damn good, and funny to boot. :rainbowwild:

I can see Blake referring to the Multiverse as the Internet. I mean to the equestrians internet could mean Interconnected-Universes. Wait, if the GM servers are pocket dimensions. That means their must be a primary universe in which the pocket dimensions exist. Half Life 2 perhaps seeing as Garry's Mod itself is just a HL2 mod?

6315602 Yeah. If you read my long ass comment to a small ass comment you'll know I'm kinda upset with myself for not having such severe conciquences for not being good at speech. I feel like this chapter is all wasted potential. I don't think I really did anything significant here. But I've got some plans on how to add some drama so I hope this'll get good fast.

So yeah. Fun times. Being my own critic. :applejackunsure:

6316155 Shit dude. That's deep. :coolphoto:

I probably won't do anything along those lines but that seems feasable.

you should have blake duplicate celestia and inflate luna

at lest he didn't say anyn't about War of the Servers or some like that.

Hungry? Have a puncake!

i like to see more

6315452

He can strenghten his mind and body over time. It was his first meeting of mythical beings, ofcourse he would be 'terrified' of what was about to happen. Meeting other humans will be easier to go through then with beings you have never seen before. He will always be in the Gary Stu range with those abilities, it just depends on what he is going to do with those powers. Depending on what he will do, decides wether or not he is going to take the title. And everyone who reads this story knows what he is capable of. You haven't made him overpowered at all as of yet, so good job.

That was grate,very well done! I am so glad that he was able to lie past it.

This pit he's digging is just getting deeper. I wonder when all hell will break loose?

...eh, probably not before more GMod shenanigans.

Well Another Good Chapter Bio! Hope to see the next one soon!

6316200 This may seem like an unimportant question, but uh...gotta ask.

Garry's never die. I mean like, they can, but they'll just respawn a couple feet from where they originally were. So if they plan to make a plan in case Blake betrays them, wouldn't it be pointless?

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first learn to deceive
How long do all of you think blakes lies will last? Because it only takes one slip up for his complicated charade to come crashing down

Oh jeez that Jedi backstory was cringe worthy.
I'd love a later scene where he breaks down from having all these lies to carry.

6324481 OH GOD YES JEDI STUFF! I honestly agree, I think I layered that on a little thick. Though I tried to reason it. So yeah. Sorry about that xP

Anyway hope I got the break down thing right. Otherwise I made him too garry stu.

6323000 uhhhh *edits next chapter*

We'll never know. :duck:

6318849 Very true. But Blake hasn't died before. So he doesn't know if the respawn thing applies to him. Also to respawn you need to press the mouse buttons, so there's the question of being able to do that while dead...so yeah I'm going to address that as best I can without trying to kill him off. Gunna be hard but I've got a couple of ideas.

6104618 Well...yeah if you wanted to make me feel like an asshole. ;~;

LOL okay I'll try my best to keep updates more frequent. And at least add a few words each day so I don't forget about it.

6317346 Thanks for that. But I need to draw your attention to Super Man. He's all powerful and literally cannot be beaten. However he's not a Gary Stu. Why? Because he's not perfect. He has a weakness true, but he also can't go all out or he would accidently destroy the entire planet (not kidding, it's in the lore). Superman suffers legitimately from being stronger than everyone else. And it's him always trying to do the right thing to make sure he's never hated or feared. In fact, that's pretty much the plot of nearly every superman story out there.

Blake is basically similar, he doesn't want to be hated or feared but he's also not all powerful. The real problem that I'm worried about is my ability to give Blake enough greif to make it so his life isn't easy, but enough success for him to overcome it. But in situations where he just wins every time it's going to be expected and it'll take away from the story I want to tell. Because a character that always wins and has no flaws isn't superman. He's a Gary Stu.

That's what makes me REALLY afraid of this chapter. I won't do anything drastic like I did last time though. I'm going to stop and think about this and think deeply about how you will react. Last time I felt this way I did something wrong that I won't ever forget. I changed the story entirely to make myself feel comfortable without considering the audience. So no more of that. I learned my lesson.

6316403 Oh god I've been thinking about those tools since I gave him the tool gun. The more I think of it the more I'm afraid of reprocutions of doing that. So I wanna steer away from those. But I'm definitely going to do something with them. :ajsmug:

6332564 Makes sense. But, uh...I never played Gmod before, so I may be incredibly wrong. If you wait long enough, doesn't it force respawn you? I'm just going off of Half Life, the game. Wait long enough (Which is 30 seconds to a minute if I'm correct) it'll force respawn you. Some people are just impatient and hit the respawn button (Like me when you get shot in those shooters, and you don't watch the replays 'cause they piss you off).

I might be incredibly wrong, but I was just curious if I'm right or not.

6333433 No actually. However there are gamemodes that do force respawns when rounds are over or a certain time has passed. So you're not wrong. Actually while dead you can still manipulate your machines of you have their movement binded to your numpad. It's useful when someones RDMing at spawn. I usually have a device off to the side of the map if I don't trust the players. I use it to kill them, respawn, and run from spawn.

I can't help but just come out and say that Blake's constant lying is actually making me stop reading in order to squirm uncomfortably knowing he'll eventually be found out. Also, referencing Star Wars feels weak. Idealess. Writer's Block'ed. I'm also not a big fan of SW, so references to it feel even flatter. I want to like this, it's not really that bad; but whenever a writer references things already imagined just feels wrong. Especially since Blake leans so heavily on the lies. on the Title of Jedi (exile). When the lies are discovered, at least make it emotive. He technically WAS sent there to discover himself (if I remember right).

6338115 I honestly hated this chapter. I realized I didn't have enough questions to make a sizable chapter without making the world leaders seem incompitent. I found much of it cringeworthy too, but I decided to add this whole Jedi thing because it would actually give me more to talk about and while doing it I can try to portray Blake's character again. Remember, chapters are usually few and far between. I even went months without updating, so I need to remind readers of his flaws and character.

So yeah when I start making him an impulsive liar, it's gunna be awkward. I've spent a bit of last chapter reminding the viewers of his abilities and introduced his "build phase" where he just kinda gets serious and shuts out the world (going to need more of that actually). And here I tried portraying him lighthearted but easily stressed. I think I did that well...but it's still not a good chapter. I honestly didn't see most of the problems until I saw a few comments saying the Star Wars bits were cringe worthy. From then I kinda figured it out.

Although as of yesterday I've got a way out of this that avoids a complete rewrite. Hopefully next chapter would be a refreshing tangent that'll get everyones mind off of the attrocity of this chapter.

6338557
I'm sure the next chapter will come late enough for us to forget this atrocity* to the story :3

6339586 You observasive bastard. :flutterrage:

I will update within a month just in spite of you. :duck:

This made its way back to my faves. Also NPC's yes or no?

6380537 they all say that, then they die.

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

6396428 Oh hi! Sorry I can barely hear you over the screaming-oh right. Nevermind all good. :rainbowlaugh:

Someone (or you) might have already solved this but...
I run a Gmod,TF2,StarMade,and a modded MC server.
"CHAD2430's Sandbox". I HAVE WIREMOD.
Send me your user and teach me all the E2.
I only build with logic gates and Target Finders. I want more!
Cya later!

Steam : CHAD2430

Login or register to comment