• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 14,470 Views, 1,218 Comments

Remembering Garry's Mod - BioChemicalWolfGear



Something decided I was off my usual path. That I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Who am I to go against the word of a god?

  • ...
62
 1,218
 14,470

Chapter 3

I found myself staring at the gloomy ceiling, lying on the cot that the stained-glass window made bigger. My hands were behind my head, and rested on a small pillow. A few hours ago, I was in contact with creatures that I didn’t even recognize from the real world at all. My only conclusions were that I’ve gone from my world to another one, or that my brain was making up scenarios to shield me from a darker truth. I was beginning to believe that those creatures weren’t real at all, and with my mistake of not asking to touch one of them I wouldn’t know for sure.

And although the conversation we had was a simple and slightly informative one, I could barely remember the conversation we had. It was a possibility that my nerves made me forget what was said, it was a sort of stressful situation when I reflected more on it. Unfortunately, by now I’d forgotten their names. In my defense, it has been over a few hours since I last saw them. Well, that and I’m bad with names of people I’ve met for the first time. That is of course, unless the name is really easy to remember like John or Mike.

I lifted my hands up to my face and looked at them. I noticed how my finger prints seemed to have different grooves from what I recognized. I sighed loudly, knowing no one would hear the stressed noise. I lowered my hands to my side and I bumped the armor that was strapped to my thighs. I looked down and examined the body armor. It was comfy and lightweight. It made me feel safe and still allowed me to be flexible. As I examined them, my eyes wondered to my pockets to find bulges in each one.

I sat up, and reached into my left and right pockets with my hands, to locate the disturbance. My fingers wrapped around two leathery objects and I pulled them out of my pockets. I examined what I pulled out, to discover that they were gloves. Black, heavy-duty gloves that looked like they could fit snuggly around my hands. I quickly tucked them back into my pockets for a later date. No need to wear heavy duty gloves that looked like they were meant for trouble in a prison.

I leaned back and plopped down on the pillow behind my head. I could tell it was late because I was tired. I’m usually in bed early, so I get an early start the next day. I always find myself with time I don’t really need, and I’m more comfortable with having a lot of time on my hands, than none at all. I rolled to my right side and placed my right hand under the pillow. I was impressed that the black thigh armor didn’t impede my roll, nor did it make it uncomfortable.

Within moments I was asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“HEY WAKE UP!” shouted a gruff, booming voice.

The shout jolted me awake and nearly tipped me off the cot. For three whole seconds, I panicked, after I noticed I wasn’t in my bedroom. But when that time passed I remembered where I was and I looked beyond the iron bars. I was momentarily confused when I noticed two white miniature horses on the other side of the bars. Between them was a shorter horse, with a light blue coat and a nervous expression. The features of the shorter horse were very feminine in nature. She had a green mane and wore a lab coat, she also had a horn on her head. The two stallions beside her were two different types of ponies. One didn’t have wings or a horn; the other had a horn just like the female.

“Please don’t aggravate it,” whispered the female pony, in an oddly British accent.

The horse without a horn or wings looked at her with a cold expression. He nodded in confirmation and turned back to me. He was the tallest, and undoubtedly the strongest looking of the group of three. The two guards had blue armor with rounded blue caps. I assumed they were prison guards from the look of the stars on their chest. I looked back to the female horse and took in her attire. She was wearing a blue saddlebag. I found that awkward because I normally associate those with pack mules.

The unicorn guard ignored the back and forth between the other two, and spoke to me. “We are to escort you to the cafeteria, where we will discuss your eating habits. The princess expressed that you are to be un-cuffed when we bring you to the cafeteria. We are assigned to you, to make sure you don’t get into trouble, and to protect you if a riot breaks out.”

I sat upright and put my feet on the ground. My shoes made a satisfying tap on the ground that announced that they’ve been newly made. I looked over at the three horses, contemplating what I should do next. Without much thought, I stood up and walked over to the metal bars. There was no discernible door from what I could tell. I looked around for any sign of a door; the female horse looked at me with some concern. I faced her with a confused expression.

“Uh how do I get out?” I asked sheepishly.

The light blue mare looked at me with a raised eyebrow. She lit up her horn and pulled a clipboard from the bag on her right. She also somehow pulled out a quill from the clipboard and started writing things down on a blank sheet of yellow paper. I tried to look at what she was writing down, but even though I was taller than her, I wasn’t able to make out the words.

“What are you writing?” I asked curiously, cocking an eyebrow.

She stopped writing and looked up at me.

“Oh, I’m starting my report on you. The Princess instructed me to record your actions and give feedback to her,” she answered my question proudly.

I tilted my head slightly. As the information began to sink in, she returned to her writing. As she did, I looked between the unicorn guard and the buff guard. I wondered if it was wise to try to make an escape. But after a quick scenario playback in my head, I realized I didn’t even know where the exit was, and by the time I probably found it, it would probably be under a pile of rubble, or under the protection of the entire army. That, and I most likely won’t get the Toolgun back afterwards if I tried.

I looked back to the three ponies, and watched as the light blue mare with a green mane continued to write. That is until I figured out that she was writing a little too much for our first encounter.

“Hey, what are you writing?” I asked again.

She looked up at me with a confused expression. “I already told you.”

“Yeah, but you’re writing down a lot. We didn’t really do anything informative about me yet.” I commented.

She stopped writing, and spoke pleasantly, “Oh, well I’m just setting up the categories I want to go over while I’m around you.”

“Wait are you a psychiatrist?” I asked.

“Yes I am, and we’ll be moving soon,” she noted sounding uninterested.

“Cool,” I joked dismissively, examining the bars. “How will I get out of my cell? I don’t see any door.” I asked.

“Right,” replied the light blue mare. She turned to the unicorn guard to her left, “You may open the cell now.”

“Yes ma’am,” his horn glowed in a light blue aura.

Before my eyes, the bars began to move. The odd row of bars started to slide upward into the brick, while the even row of bars began to slide into the bottom bricks. The whole display caught me off-guard, and I almost fell backward when I noticed them moving. When the bars finished moving the buff stallion prison guard stepped forward and walked around me. I traced him with my eyes before he stopped behind me and shoved me forward, causing me to stumble.

“Hey! Easy!” I exclaimed with slight irritation.

“Please don’t aggravate him,” the mare chided him with a hint of irritation.

The buff stallion nodded his head and waited for me to walk forward. The unicorn guard took up a position in front of the mare that I stood behind. I saw the buff stallion take position behind me and stared ahead. Wordlessly, we started moving forward down the gloomy hallways. I looked in each of the cells that we passed by for anything of interest. But as we entered the main hallway it became apparent that all the ones in the area except mine were empty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Luna stood beside her sister in the royal library's main hall. All around them were many shelves of books. The library was bustling with activity as the professors from Canterlot University of Science and Mathematics dispersed throughout the library. In the center of the activity was the device that they were trying to understand. The object rested on a reading table, near the center of the library, occasionally a laboratory assistant or a professor would approach with a book regarding mythical tomes and forgotten magic.

One particular stallion came up to Princess Luna with a book in his magic, and he scanned the particularly interesting page he was reading. The stallion stopped one meter in front of Princess Luna and continued to stare at the page. His brown coat and maneless head contributed to the image of his age. His lab coat was neat and cleaned. Princess Luna tilted her head in confusion for the stallion's strange behavior.

“What is it professor?” she asked him.

“Hmm?” he looked up from the page in confusion. “Oh yes, Princess Luna. I was re-reading to confirm my suspicions. I believe I’ve found something similar to the device in question. But I’m not sure how it relates, shape-wise,” he turned the book around and lifted it up so the princess could read.

Princess Luna looked at the passage with interest. Celestia overheard the conversation and scooted closer to Luna to read over her shoulder. As they both read the passage, they were left with more questions than answers. They continued reading until the page finished and the segment stopped offering important information.

“I’m sorry Professor, but I’m not sure what I’m looking at,” commented Princess Luna.

“I’m sorry,” the professor responded. “But this passage here is about the creation of a staff. An object created to wield magic, even when the user doesn’t have it. And according to Discord this is exactly what this object is.”

“But how can you be so sure? Magic constructs like that don’t exist. They’ve been proven impossible to create.” Princess Celestia stated, confusion evident in her tone of voice.

“Maybe with this world's magic, but maybe not with his,” continued the professor. “I believe that the device he was carrying broke when it came to this world. I also believe that the magic-focusing constructs had different rules in his world, and when it came over here, those foci became null.”

Luna lifted her right eyebrow and asked, “So it won’t work, unless it’s sent back?”

“Precisely my theory. And as long as it’s in Equestria, it should remain inert and harmless,” he concluded confidently.

“That’s an interesting theory, professor.” Celestia nodded her head, then asked, “But is it possible the device could simply be regaining its energy?”

The professors’ grin turned into an unsure frown. “Well, maybe. Discord said it was broken, so I could only assume that he felt the focus it has wasn't gaining any power, or it wasn't complete.” he admitted, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

“Is it possible the device only activates when Blake touches it?” Celestia inquired further.

“Well maybe,” responded the professor. “But in order for that to happen, one of them will require a small reserve of magic to fuel the focus. And since neither of them have those, I believe it’s safe to give the device back to the creature.”

Princess Luna and Princess Celestia shared glances, before Celestia asked, “You think we should give it back to him then, sister?”

“Not yet. He hasn’t proven to us we can trust him,” darkly responded Luna.

“And how do we go about doing that? You can’t really show you mean no harm while in prison.” Celestia chided her sister.

Princess Luna’s lips curled upward deviously before admitting, “Well, I’ve already found something that could prove him to be harmless.”

Princess Celestia saw the corners of Luna’s mouth raise, and eyed her sister quizzically.

“Luna, what’s your plan?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the Cafeteria that was deeper in the prison, than the cells. As we walked we came across halls that looked like cement, rather than the brick I had been seeing. It created a smoother surface and a more modern looking prison. In front of me was still the nameless mare, with a blue saddlebag and light blue coat. As I looked at her head I noticed her mane seemed brushed. I thought it was strange that the horses needed to brush their manes.

The guards led us down the long corridor, and we reached a door. I began to feel slightly nervous as the unicorn guard opened the iron door with his magic. The door moved aside with a spine-chilling creak. When the door opened, I was blasted by noise. As I got to the door I ducked my head to be able to enter. When I stepped inside the noise began to quiet down. As I looked around the white walls of the room gave me a very dull impression, but as I noticed the occupants of the room, I started to get very nervous.

All around me were plastic park tables, that had been nailed to the floor. Each one was occupied by stallions and mares in orange jumpsuits. They were all eyeing me strangely. At first, I found it very intimidating with so many inmates staring at me. But as I watched them, I noticed their apprehensive posture and expressions.

“Hey, let’s go over here,” stated the mare in front of me.

She started walking off to the left, and I noticed our guards didn’t join us. I looked behind us to see the guards standing by the only exit that had already been closed. I was slightly annoyed that it didn’t make any intimidating closing noise. It made the whole experience very anti-climactic. I turned back to my companion and followed her, to whichever table she was leading me to. But as I walked and tried to keep myself from looking at the staring inmates I began to notice the amount of symbols on their collective asses.

I almost completely stopped in place, when I noticed every single horse that I could see had a tattoo on their ass. As I continued looking, I noticed there were rings on each of the unicorns' horns, and extra fabric that tied the pegasus horses' wings down. My nervousness was instantly replaced with confusion, as I continued to walk with the light blue mare.

“Here’s an open spot.” I looked back at the blue mare and noticed she already sat down at an unoccupied table.

I strolled over and sat across from her. We both sat on the far edge of the table. To my left was room for at least ten horse creatures, with another ten more on the other side. The table felt surprisingly cushioned, which made me believe it was built for riots, and so none of the horses will be hurt. I was distracted from my observations by the blue mare in front of me.

“Ok, let’s get started on the basics. What do you eat?” she asked with a friendly smile.

“I’m an omnivore,” I stated simply.

I held my breath when I remembered that horses were herbivores. I looked at her with some amount of horror, but when she didn’t react and only continued to scribble on her clip board I released my breath.

“Mhm. So, you eat meat and plant life right?” She said calmly.

“Uh, yeah. Hey I want to ask you something.” I started speaking, with no small amount of awkwardness in my voice.

She lifted her head from the clipboard and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you call your species?” I asked sheepishly.

“Oh we call ourselves ponies. Now let’s move on t-” I interrupted her.

“Wait! I still have questions!” I exclaimed and looked back at the inmates.

Some still held their gaze to me, but others continued on with their business.

“I wanted to know about the marks on... umm, all of the ponies...” my question trailed off awkwardly.

She tilted her head in thought before realization hit her, and she asked, “Oh! You mean our Cutie marks?”

“Is that what they're called? The ones on your thigh?” I clarified.

She smiled warmly before continuing, “Yes. They show the special talents of each pony. I have one that shows I’m good with psychiatry. It’s an image of eyeglasses with a quill and scroll.”

“Huh that’s interesting. So they’re tattoos?” I inquired.

She looked slightly appalled, and looked to her left in disgust. “Ugh, no. Tattoos are applied by machinery. They also hurt, and are really barbaric,” she then turned to look back at me. “Usually, a minotaur or certain ponies would get them. I’m sure you could find at least one here.” she stated, rolling her eyes.

“Whoa whoa whoa, minotaur?” I questioned with a quizzical gaze.

She looked back at me indifferently before asking, “Yes. Minotaur. Do you not have them in your world?”

“Uh, no.”

“Huh. Well you’d be so lucky.” she replied dully, while writing something down.

I assumed it was the fact that minotaur don’t exist in my world. But as I watched her write, my mind wandered to the situation I was in. But more importantly my mind considered the ‘pony’ I was with. And straight to the face that all I could call her was pony or doc based on her career path.

“Hey if you don’t mind,” I started, getting her attention. “May I have your name?” my question came with a more carefree tone.

Her horn suddenly stopped glowing and the quill fell to the paper. “Oh how rude of me. I’m sorry,” She frowned, it rebounded into a smile. “My name is Quick Quill. But my friends call me QQ.”

“QQ?” I asked, with a bemused expression.

“Hey it’s a nickname, ok?” She countered with an aggravated expression.

“Sounds Q-cute.” I joked.

“Shut up.” she snarked crossly at me.

She started to blush furiously, which made me snicker at her embarrassment. She pouted as she picked up her clipboard and quill with her magic again. She held it up to her face and blocked me from her view, I decided it was best to leave her alone, but I held my bemused expression. She examined it quickly, and then lowered it so she was looking at me with a soft, but serious, frown.

“Hey,” I spoke, giving her a soft smile.

Her frown became indifferent, and she waited for me to speak.

“Thanks.” I admitted appreciatively.

She raised her eyebrow questioningly and asked, “What for?”

“Well, for reminding me how to laugh.” I grinned honestly.

She crossed her hooves. “What? By making fun of me, is that it?” She huffed in annoyance.

“No. Well...” my grin widened. “Maybe a little.” I looked at her appreciatively.

“You’re not welcome,” she replied in a peeved tone.

My smile didn’t falter as I continued, “Well, I’d like you to know that I haven’t had much of a reason to smile as sincerely as I did just now. Well I just haven’t been able to smile all that much back home too.” I admitted to her frankly, “You changed that just by introducing yourself, and giving me your nickname.” I gave her an affectionate smile.

She regarded me strangely, but continued to listen. She put her forehooves on the table. I waited a few seconds for her to collect her thoughts. Then I continued with what I thought was the most important information one could ever know.

“You know,” I started strongly. “Not many people know this, but talking to people is a really emotional experience.” She gave me an indifferent gaze, but continued to pay attention. “Now not everyone would agree. In fact, a lot of people would probably think otherwise, they would think it isn’t an emotional experience to get to know someone. But for people like me. People who truly value the company of another person. We would think deeply about the friendships we’ve made.”

She lowered her clipboard to her right, and put the quill down gently on top of it, before looking back at me. This action made me feel like she wanted to hear me say all that I could to her about how I feel about conversation, and making friends in general. And without even knowing it, she gave me a chance to remind myself of the values that I used to live by.

“Now, it’s a strange concept at first, but when you’re an artist,” I paused. “You not only make the beauty in the world, but you see it.” I joyously remembered myself. “Now, I may not be the most artistic person, but I’m probably one of the most philosophical people you’d ever meet.” I looked at her with a soft smile. “QQ, you introduced yourself and made me comfortable by doing that,” I paused again. “But you took it a step further and gave me your nickname. Something personal, to you and your friends.”

She regarded my statement with a quizzical expression.

“Now, that nickname told me more about you, than you could have known,” I clarified a bit. “Behind that nickname is a history. Whenever you hear that nickname, you hear the history it’s been through, or at least I do,” I admitted sheepishly. “…Think of all the times your friends have used that nickname.” I asked her.

She looked at the table, and smiled quickly, before her gaze returned to me.

“You and your friends probably have a lot of fun together. And that fun also came with your nickname. It was probably used so often that you’ve come to think of it as a commodity. Or something too normal to second-guess, or think about.” I continued frankly.

I leaned in closer, gave her a knowing look, and whispered, “But what you don’t know...” Her ears perked up and pointed toward me with interest. “Is all this time, you were carrying a memory,” she raised her eyebrow, a sign of an unasked question. “A memory, in the form of words. It was there, during your picnics with your friends, and it was there, when you shared emotional moments with your friends. It was also there, when your friends first started using it. And even when you told your new friends about it. Your nickname, QQ, is the lightest memento you will ever carry.” Her mouth moved up into a smile. “The best part about it though…” I leaned in closer and finished passionately, “You’ll never lose it.”

Quick Quill leaned back and straightened up like myself. “Wow, you looked like you were going to cry,” she quipped with a joyous smile.

I grinned before I shot back, “I probably would have, if I had some sad music playing. You know, piano and wind chimes.”

“Well, a violin for myself,” she responded cheerfully.

“Yeah. String instruments are pretty interesting,” I responded. “Thanks for letting me remind myself.” I admitted cheerfully.

She held her smile, but remained curious and she asked, “Reminded you of what?”

“Well, myself, really. My beliefs were in that little monologue that I just gave you.” I stated frankly.

“Do you want me to keep your beliefs a secret?” she asked with a smaller, but still present smile.

“Nah,” I motioned my hand dismissively. “It’s information that the world should probably know.”

“Then I’ll be sure to tell everypony I see.” She replied merrily.

“I’d like that.” I felt satisfied.

She gave me an affectionate look before she raised an eyebrow in confusion and asked, “Hey, how did you know I went to picnics with my friends?”

“Just a lucky guess. That, and it was a great example.” I reply truthfully.

I saw movement at the corner of my eye and I turned my head to the left. I watched as three stallions approached us with one mare. They looked like the most thuggish group of ponies in the prison with cuts and bandages on their bodies. Two of the stallions were Pegasus ponies while the mare was a regular one, along with the other male. The one confident looking regular stallion that I could only assume was the leader had a darker tone of fur or hair around his jaw. It made him look like he forgot to shave, and he probably has. But the only reason why I found him the most interesting of the group was the fact he had a malicious grin plastered on his face.

Quick Quill looked to her right, to where I was looking. When she saw the ponies approaching, she began to tense up. I instinctively stood up, much to the surprise of both parties, and strolled over to the other side of the table, next to Quick Quill. I then went around her to the empty spot on the table to her right and sat on top of the table while my feet rested on the seat. I took care to move her clipboard and quill in front of her, so I didn’t sit on it.

I was now placed directly between Quick Quill, and the newcomers. The mare rounded the table on its opposite end, with one of the pegasi stallions. They moved to sit across from us, and I didn’t stop them. I was focused on the other two, who looked more intimidating. The one with the malicious grin was a brown stallion, with a matching brown mane. He looked at me with interest and his grin disappeared into a serious glare. I assumed he wanted to be by Quick Quill, so I was proud that I put myself between him and her earlier.

When he got close, he tried to move around me so I threw out my foot to create a makeshift blockade using my leg and the table adjacent to us. He looked at me with a glare.

“You’re in my way, freak.” spat the brown stallion.

“I won’t let you through.” I replied sternly.

“Aw, protecting your mare?” teased a female voice from behind me.

I looked behind me and noticed the Pegasus mare giving me a mocking dreamy look. I took this moment to remember my response for such things.

“Well of course. Can’t disappoint a mare now, can I?” I replied lightheartedly.

“Oh, well you’re disappointing me.” she refuted flirtatiously.

“Well, to be honest, you’re not the one I’m trying to impress.” I shot back.

I heard hoofsteps below me, and I turned back around to see the gruff stallion trying to duck under my leg. Instinctively, I put my foot on his neck and pressed him against the floor.

“You know, when I tell you to not do something, it’s a good idea to not do it.” I mused disapprovingly.

He tried to stand up on all fours, but I pushed harder to keep him down.

“All right, all right! Let me up!”

I released my foot from his neck, and when he stood up, I placed it in front of his chest and moved him back.

“You’re asking for it, stick arms.” he growled aggressively. “Next time you block me, it’ll be my hoof on your neck!”

“Please, just go away!” Quill shook fearfully.

“Not an option, doll face.” he added amorously. “Besides, you owe me for those extra years.”

“Blake,” her tone of voice drew my look back to Quill. “Please don’t let him get close to me.” she cried fearfully. “I was his counselor, until he started hitting on me. I filed a harassment complaint that increased his sentence to life imprisonment,” she admitted to me.

I looked back at the gruff stallion, who was left to deal with his grudges by his thuggish friends, as they sat calmly watching the spectacle. I looked over at the entrance to the lunch room where I knew the guards were, only to find that they weren’t there.

'God damn it, so I’m dealing with an inmate with a grudge, and no guards to back me up.' I thought nervously.

The situation was beginning to get dangerous in my eyes. The stallion was glaring at me angrily, but quickly glanced to the mare across from Quill. I found the action strange, until I heard a scuffle behind me. I quickly spun around to see the Pegasus mare trying to drag Quill away, by the neck. At the same time I heard the brown stallion step forward with a hoofstep on the white floor. But the moment I saw Quill in danger, my impulsiveness took over, I ignored him, and burst forward to protect Quick Quill.

I only needed to take a few steps forward to instantly be in front of the two mares. While this went on, I only saw what I could be described as red. I didn’t actually see the color, but I felt angry that the mare was hurting Quill. The Pegasus mare who had her forehooves around Quill’s neck looked up at me in surprise as she found me in front of her. I reached down and shoved her off of Quill who was on her back after being dropped to the ground.

I instinctively grabbed the Pegasus mare by the neck, and discovered that her body was almost weightless. I used this to my advantage and picked her up, and then I threw her down onto the table with a thud, never letting go of her neck. As she struggled, while lying on back trying to force me to release my grip, I looked back at the one brown stallion and his two other thuggish companions.

They were looking at me with startled expressions, and kept looking between me and the mare that I was choking. When I realized that they would potentially rush to her rescue I instantly let go and let her get air. She rolled right-side up and sprinted off the table and across the room. The Pegasus stallion that was beside her ran off after her, leaving me and the two other thuggish stallions alone with Quick Quill.

The other Pegasus stood up out of his chair, and climbed up onto the table while giving me an angry glare that matched the brown stallion's angry glare. They both got into a charging stance.

“You’re gunna pay for hurting one of my own, freak,” growled the brown stallion.

I quickly thought of a counter argument to stop a potential fight.

“The moment you attack me, I’ll have all the rights to defend myself.” I reached into my left pocket and took out the heavy duty glove and coolly slipped it on. “And when I defend myself, I’d have the legal right to kill you.” I stated unnervingly calm while reaching into my right pocket. “I didn’t want to hurt her, and I didn’t.” I slipped on the other glove over my right hand. “But the moment you try to fight me...” I looked over at the Pegasus who I assumed was also light weight. “Or both of you try to fight me.” I grinned wickedly for a few seconds, before returning to a neutral expression. “I’ll have all the reason I need, to hurt you. And I guarantee, whether I win or lose, two of us won’t be around after this.” I finished.

I waited in a ready stance while the two potential aggressors contemplated their next move.

“Hey!” shouted a welcome gruff voice. “You there! Cease your aggression immediately!” I looked off to the right, where the returning guards came back through the door.

I was relieved to see them finally arrive and approach us. The guards with wings flew over the cafeteria and landed between me and the two thuggish ponies, which instantly gave up their aggression and backed away from the well-trained guards. The large regular stallion that guided Quill and I to the cafeteria approached us calmly, but with a serious expression.

“You will be under the protection of the Equestrian guard, until the lunch period is over.” He looked over at the Pegasus guards who were watching the inmates leave, and then he turned back to me with a softer expression. “We’re sorry for leaving you like that. It won’t happen again, I promise.” he admitted remorsefully.

I sighed shakily as the adrenaline caught up with me, “Y-you’re forgiven, but please don’t do that again.”

“We won’t leave you this time,” he stated confidently, and turned to the table besides him. He took a seat and watched us.

I looked over to Quick Quill, who was sobbing quietly. Her saddlebag was resting next to her on the ground. I took a few steps toward her, until I was over her. I then got down to my knees and took Quill into my arms. She didn’t resist as I sat her up and brought her closer to my chest. As I held her my muscles began to spasm from the adrenaline to use it up. It made me look like I was trembling, and very much affected by what happened, and to be honest, I was. I did what I felt was right by protecting my friends with all I could offer. Knowing that Quill was ok, and in my arms, was a relief to me.

“Let’s forget lunch and get out of here,” I suggested to her in a shaky voice.

She continued to sob into my chest, but I felt her nod in agreement. I contemplated what to do next, because I didn’t want to let her go. I maneuvered my hands around her and picked her up by wrapping my arms around her lower back with my right hand and holding her close with my left one that went around her side. When I held her securely enough, I stood up quickly and turned toward the door.

I looked to the guard, who was sitting at the table. “Grab her things. We’re leaving the cafeteria.” I ordered to him, while putting on a brave face for Quill.

He was about to protest before noticing Quill’s sobs. “All right, I’ll get her things,” he replied while standing up.

I ignored him as I made it my mission to get to the door. As I walked to it, I noticed the inmates' stares. Some of them looked fearful while others looked enraged. I turned away from them and concentrated on the door. I could feel the left side of my face burning from their judgmental stares, and I could hear their whispering. My pace quickened as my stress increased. All I wanted to do now, was get to the door and never see this place again. Hopefully I won’t have to, and maybe my food will be given to me at my cell, where the long shadows were more welcome than the aggravating inmates.

But in the back of my mind, I knew I would have fun learning more about them. I couldn’t help but tell myself to forgive them for being the way they are, that their true reason for being here was their mistakes. And that they can change, just like I’ve always told myself for so many years before now.

When I got to the door, I waited for it to open, seeing as my arms were full from carrying Quill, I had to wait for a guard to open it. Without warning, it was surrounded in a navy blue aura and opened without a sound. When it fully opened, I found myself standing in front of the navy-blue Princess.

“Hello Blake.” she stated with a smile, then she looked at the pony in my arms and frowned. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize how much trouble my actions would cause.” her voice heavy with remorse.

“We have a lot to discuss.” with that, she turned and started walking away, leaving me to catch up.

Author's Note:

HA HA! I'm getting back into writing! :D Well this story is a success in that aspect, now to continue it and get to more important stuff...like writing. But yea I kinda don't like having the lunchen scene, more because of what goes on in it, but I was entertained as I wrote it. Hopefully that much excitement will now be in the building aspect of the story.

Editor's notes:
The plot thickens, i wonder if it will ever reach the viscosity of peanut butter again...