• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 14,495 Views, 1,218 Comments

Remembering Garry's Mod - BioChemicalWolfGear



Something decided I was off my usual path. That I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Who am I to go against the word of a god?

  • ...
62
 1,218
 14,495

Chapter 4 [Tool]

I continued to carry Quick Quill in my arms down the dark corridor. The navy princess was leading me away, sticking a meter ahead of me while moving at a brisk, but not unmatchable pace. Quill ceased her crying and just stayed still as I carried her. I felt like a parent carrying his daughter out of a bad place, and to be honest, it was a very bad place indeed. I looked down at her face and it held a blank expression. I was slightly unnerved by it because of earlier. The moment I stepped into the dark hallway, was the moment where everything hit me again.

I realized I could have died in that room if the guards didn’t come when they did. But my confusion was amplified when the princess told me she was sorry for what she did. I had a new thought in my head, that told me that the princess was to blame for the situation.

“I’m sure you have many questions,” my thoughts were interrupted by the princess's voice. “But when we meet with my sister, all will be explained,” she explained, her tone was neutral and emotionless.

We reached the end of the gloomy hallway and took a right. I was alone with my thoughts and the sounds around me. The comfort of a warm body against my chest was welcome, in the dank and dark halls of this medieval prison. I felt Quill begin moving in my arms and looked up at me with an indifferent expression, but I could see where the tears ran down her face.

“Put me down,” she demanded of me with a lifeless voice.

The Princess heard her and stopped to wait for me to put her down. I was reluctant to do so, because I would be without something to tie me to this world, other than my will, to break me out of my thoughts. But I couldn’t refuse her and cause more trouble for me. So I slowly got to my knees and let Quill spill out of my arms, into an upright position. She steadied herself and turned toward the Princess without a single acknowledgement to either of our presences. We began to walk down the gloomy halls together, and as time passed my mind wondered.

My musings were put at a standstill, when I realized the pony in front of me turned to the left. I followed Quill and the Princess down the darker hall, but it had unfamiliar walls, it wasn’t the corridor that led to my cell. I wondered where we were going, and the only answer I could come up with was the exit. When we got closer and walked into the room, I noticed the bars that separated both sides of the room. It was the equivalent of a gate house where the guards would let the inmates or visitors through, and would only stay on one end of the bars.

The navy blue Princess that led us there walked over to the closed door and stood in front of it in wait. Quick Quill walked over to the other side of the iron door and straightened herself up. On the other side of the iron doors was the other Princess. The white one looked at me with a slightly guilty expression. But they both couldn’t distract me from Quick Quill's posture and the conformation that her cutie mark looked like something you’d expect from a psychiatrist. Although, the strangest part about her posture was that it was vaguely military.

“Sergeant Spyglass,” commanded the navy blue Princess with a serious expression. “Report your findings on the subject Blake.”

My mind back peddled several miles into confusion. “Sergeant? Holy shit, was Quill an actor?”

“Yes ma’am!” Quill saluted. “The subject Blake has discussed with me his preferences on social activity. He immediately opened up to me and stated to me his values to remind himself of his character. He values the act of getting to know somepony, and immediately began trying to teach me to value the time spent with my associates,” she then dropped her hoof and returned it to the ground while continuing to stand at attention.

Her British accent was unshaken and controlled. It suggested that the entire display with her tears may have actually been staged. And considering who she is, I could only assume it was entirely staged.

“Very good Sergeant. Now, what of the chain of events?” the navy blue princes inquired.

“Blake reactively moved between me and the aggressor, Boulder. The subject showed signs of nervousness and fear, but continued to remain in the aggressors’ path. Rather than play the third party and leave me to the aggressor, he continued to defend me by trying to ward him off. When I was attacked, he quickly rushed to my aid and attempted to intimidate Boulder after subduing Lt. Skydiver. Rather than continue the conflict, he attempted diplomacy before the guards arrived.” she finished evenly.

“Very good Sergeant Sunglass. You are dismissed. Return to the barracks where Captain Shining Armor will debrief you.” ordered the navy blue Princess, her tone authoritative.

Her horn lit up, and the metal iron bar door began to slide to the right and open a path for Spyglass to pass. Spyglass bowed and marched passed both ponies wordlessly. When she reached the spiral staircase she started to go up it and out of sight. All three of us watched as she went, and when she was out of sight both Princesses rounded on me.

“So Blake. You probably have questions.” started the blue Princess.

I opened my mouth to ask the most prevalent question on my mind, but stopped to consider my options.

“Well yes, I do have a few.” I replied with a smile. “What were your names again?” I asked with a sheepish smile.

The navy blue Princess rolled her eyes while her ‘sister’ put a hoof on her mouth to hide her amusement.

“Again,” the navy blue one spoke. “I’m Princess Luna. And this is my sister, Princess Celestia.”

“Pleased to see you again, Blake.” Said Princess Celestia. “But do you have any questions about the events that just transpired?” She asked in a more cheerful way.

“Yeah,” some hesitation had worked its way into my voice. “Why would you set that up?” I asked with concern.

Celestia made to answer, but Luna interjected with an indifferent expression, “Well I’ll answer that one. I was the one who set up the event. The reason for it was to get a more accurate interpretation of who you are.” She admitted. “Staging this event was the quickest solution to this matter.”

“Ok, but why?” I asked.

“Well.” Princess Luna looked away sheepishly. Her tone of voice was strong, but quiet, like a strong whisper, “We had no right to hold you more than twenty four hours, considering all you did was trespass in the gardens...” She then looked back at me, “Even if you were an unknown species. And if you turned out more violent than you claimed, we could hold you in the prison longer if we decided to have you held responsible for the injuries or death of a pony.”

I stood there slightly stunned. “S-so if I didn’t act the way I did, you’d have kept me in jail for a longer time…” I stated shakily.

“That is correct.” she replied to me indifferently.

I looked over to Princess Celestia who held a sympathetic gaze. I looked at the cold floor and at the heavy duty gloves with finger slits that I put on to look more intimidating. Now instead of protecting me from harm or a bad situation, they made me feel less exposed. I wanted to shrink into a corner and be left alone, until I saw fit. But to do that would make it harder for me to ask questions. I looked to the right and noticed the empty desk with keys resting idly on the desk.

“H-hey, isn’t there supposed to be a guard there.” I noted unenthusiastically.

Princess Celestia looked over and then back to me with her sympathetic gaze. “Why yes,” she answered my question. “But, to protect the identity of one of our operatives, he had to be dismissed.”

“S-so, I'm guessing I’ll be sworn to secrecy about Quill’s identity?” I asked, still in a slight state of shock.

“Correct.” Luna's reply came heartlessly. Her face remained in its neutral expression.

“…So what now?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow at the pair.

Luna looked at Celestia, who in turn gave her an encouraging smile that they soon shared together. They both faced me with those encouraging smiles.

“We have no more reasons to consider you a threat to Equestria, nor do we have a reason to hold you here. So you are allowed to go free and roam Equestria as you wish. But I suggest you stay at the palace, until your presence becomes known throughout the realm.” Luna suggested to me.

“O-ok. Can I have my-…” I paused, my mind then filling with nervousness. “…-my stuff back?” I finally finished.

Princess Luna nodded. “Of course. We’ve finished looking at your Toolgun, and found it inert. So we feel obligated to return it to you.”

“Ok. So where do we go from here?” I asked.

“Well.” Princess Celestia stated to get our attention. We looked over at her and she smiled. “Like Luna already said, you can always stay here at the castle. We will find you a place to stay to discover yourself while you remain here.” Celestia said with enthusiasm.

“Discover... myself?” I repeated.

“Yes. You came here to do that, didn’t you?” Said Princess Luna.

I pondered in confusion for a moment before I remembered the light.

“Oh right, the light.” I replied awkwardly. “Ugh, it still didn’t tell me anything useful. How am I supposed to learn what I’m supposed to be doing when I don’t know where to start? All it told me is that I create worlds and stuff. But that’s not useful.” I grumbled.

Princess Luna traded a suspicious look with Princess Celestia, before looking back at me with raised eyebrows.

“Well actually,” Celestia commented knowingly. “Your situation is not unlike the process of getting a cutie mark.”

I tilted my head and looked at her quizzically. “Wait, yeah! Quill, or Spyglass told me about those. I asked what they were.” I looked at Princess Celestia’s flank and spotted her sun cutie mark. “Wait, what does yours show?”

Celestia looked back at her mark and smiled before turning back to me.

“My cutie mark is the image of the sun,” she stated proudly and her face broke out into a warm smile. “That is because I control the sun with my magic.”

“And I...” Princess Luna turned to her side, after she got my attention. “Control the moon.” She added smugly.

I looked between both of them with a quizzical expression. “Wait, but the moon revolves around the earth, and the earth revolves around the sun.” I stated.

They looked back at each other with raised eyebrows. Princess Luna stepped toward me with a small frown on her face.

“What makes you believe that? The magic of Earth made the sun and moon's orbit uncontrolled. When unicorns came into the fray; they used their magic to stabilize the movement of the sun and moon. Do your sun and moon orbit uncontrollably?” she asked, her tone curious.

“Uh no. It’s a very well-rounded orbit. But it’s definitely not controlled by magic.” I stated. “So do you guys move them on your own?” I asked.

“Yes. We do. The unicorns used to do it themselves, but with larger groups, all trying to move it at once before Celestia and I appeared.” Luna answered my question pompously.

I gave her an unimpressed look. “Ok whatever,” I dismissively waved a hand. “New world, that means new rules.”

Princess Luna deflated slightly, while her sister watched on in amusement. “All right then, shall we?” Princess Celestia suggested, motioning to the spiral staircase.

I looked through the iron bars and over the open doors. “Yeah I guess.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pathway through the dungeons and up to the surface was a long one. Princess Luna was behind me while Princess Celestia stood in front of me, as we ascended the stairs. I began to lose hope that there was a top of the dungeons after my feet started to scream in agony as they forced themselves to march up the long spiral staircase. But when I saw the staircase becoming brighter and the grey brick revealed to be a light brown, I felt joy.

By now the Princesses noticed my exhaustion. It was hard to miss, considering I was huffing and puffing my way up the staircases. I saw Celestia look back at me and give me a smug look. She was clearly taking amusement of my exhaustion, and I personally really didn’t care. When I saw the light outside, I was ecstatic. I couldn’t run to it, so instead I continued to hobble up the stairs and occasionally using my hands to pull myself up.

When Princess Celestia stepped out onto a marble surface, and away from the exit door of the staircase, I gathered as much energy as I could to rush out that door. When I got to the door, I fell forward and rolled onto my back while breathing through my mouth. Princess Luna got to the top of the steps and walked over me without acknowledging my presence. I didn’t care as I was prioritizing my breathing.

While I sat there on the white marble floor I was able to get a good look at the well-lit ceiling. But when I saw it I began to realize I was out of the prison. The Princesses let me free from a cage full of inmates that would want to hurt me for what I did. They took me away from a hostile place, and let me see the sun. All of a sudden the world felt just a little too surreal to me. Like this whole adventure was just a dream.

“So Blake.” Celestia started optimistically. “Do you want me to carry you to your Toolgun?” she asked, her tone of voice said she was joking.

Princess Celestia’s voice made me reconsider the creation of such a fantasy. I collected my thoughts and smiled, while panting for air. I readied myself to be free from the nervousness and doubt that I acquired over time in this magical, and somewhat terrifying, land. When I was ready, I responded to Celestia.

“You know... *pant* I think *pant* that’s a good *pant* idea.” I replied, still completely exhausted.

“Well I’m not sure what others would think, if the Princess of the Sun were to carry an unknown species through the castle.” Celestia mused in a pondering tone. “Oh well, might as well do it if you’re this tired after going up a few stairs,” she added sympathetically.

I listened to the hoofsteps of the Princess as she got closer to me. I caught her horn out of the top of my vision, before her whole face found a position over my head. She was wearing a warm smile that seemed to calm me of all my worries. But as I continued to watch her facial expression, I noticed a slight change in that expression. Her horn began to glow in a golden light and after a few seconds she raised her eyebrow. Her horn's aura dissipated as she looked down at me.

“What?” I asked.

For a few moments she didn’t say anything, and just stared at me with a quizzical gaze. I began to feel slightly nervous as she looked down at me. I heard hoofsteps come from behind her and Princess Luna came into view to my left. She also was looking down at me with a similar expression, but it was full of more worry than Celestia’s.

“What?” I repeated, but with more anxiety this time.

Princess Celestia raised her head and stepped back a few feet. “Nothing. I just thought I sensed something.” she stated dismissively, waving a hoof in the same manner.

“Hmm, I thought I sensed something too, sister.” Luna added, looking back at Celestia. “I believe I felt a bit of chaos magic in him.”

“Chaos magic?” I asked. “It’s not going to hurt me, right?” I said sitting up and spinning to my left to look at them both.

I crossed my legs and felt my breath return to me gradually. My exhaustion still affected my body, but it wasn’t at the point where I would be coughing up my lungs. I swiveled my head between both the Princesses who looked at me strangely.

“Well no.” Luna started. “But it’s odd for any form of magic to go undetected for so long. Especially if the user of that magic was unconscious most of the time...” she trailed off speculatively.

“Wait ‘most of the time?' How long was I out?” I interjected, my voice showing my worry.

“Well, not all that long really. Just twelve hours since you were recovered in the sculpture gardens.” Celestia commented simply.

“Twelve? Really?” I asked rhetorically. “Wow that’s a long time. Or at least I think it is. I’ve never been unconscious before, to be honest.”

“Well, we did wait for some time for you to get up. At least eight hours of watching you lay on those bricks.” Princess Celestia stated indifferently.

“Wait hold a sec, eight hours of watching me sleep?” I thought to myself. “Holy hell, they're really dedicated creepers, if they watched me sleep that long.”

I gave them a disapproving gaze and deadpanned, “You really watched me sleep that long.”

Princess Luna frowned and scrunched her eyebrows in irritation. “You make us sound vulgar. And trust me, creature-” her tone turned vitriolic. “-unfavorable misconceptions of the crown is not only frowned upon, but here are considered treason.” Without another word, Luna spun around and trotted off down the long hall of the marble castle.

“Damn it. I’ve been demoted from Blake to creature. Wait, did she say crown?! Oh no way, she’s the ruler of the country?! Wait, what was I thinking? Princesses are the royal family! And considering the medieval feeling of this place, I’d say they’re in the dark ages... fuck I just sealed my fate.”

Princess Celestia watched Luna with a surprised look on her face. But as Luna continued down the hall it contorted into a sympathetic look. She sighed and lowered her head slightly as her ears folded back.

“I’m sorry about that Blake.” Celestia admitted. “Luna’s been upset recently, what with Discord's reformation and all. She’s almost always very touchy these days, with his antics getting on her nerves.”

“My my, Celestia. Do you have to put it that way?” chimed in an ominous disembodied voice.

Celestia and I started looking around the hallway for anything that could create the voice. I was more specifically looking for speakers, or an E2, for some reason.

“Is it really always my fault that she can’t find the joy in what I do?” the voice added sorrowfully.

“Discord, now is not the time.” Celestia replied to the voice with a hint of irritation.

“Sorry.” the voice dispassionately replied. I saw a flash of light in front of Celestia and the same creature from when I woke up appeared, with an indifferent look on his face. “But you know I’m right,” he added sagely.

“Yes. She can’t find it in her to forgive you for the horrible things you’ve done. More specifically, the horrible things you put us through.” she shot him a slight glare. “But I’ve put that behind me. So why are you here? I thought you would stay in your room where you could use chaos to your whim.” Celestia asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, true.” Discord's reply came jovially, with a smug grin. “I should be in my room and fooling around. But I felt something curious coming from our pal Blake here.” he stated jubilantly. “Just a little bit of chaos,” he then looked directly at me. “Sup Blakey.”

“…Hi.” I replied nervously. “Hey Princess.” I started, grabbing Princess Celestia’s attention. She looked me right in the eye as I continued warily, “Princess Luna’s not going to accuse me of treason is she?”

“She wa-?” Discord looked at me inquiringly and turned to Celestia.

“No Blake.” Celestia interrupted his question with a reassuring smile. “Princess Luna was speaking impulsively. Besides, we both have to agree that the pony or creature in question is to be accused of treason, to be punished for it.”

“But isn’t she the ruler of the country?” I asked nervously.

“It’s Equestria, Blake.” She explained compassionately, “And no, she’s actually one of the co-rulers. I am the other co-ruler, and as sisters, we rule Equestria together.”

I paused to consider the following information. But another question came to mind before I fully absorbed it.

“Wait wouldn’t that mean you should be calling yourselves the Queens, rather than Princesses?” I asked.

Princess Celestia looked at me appreciatively. “Well yes, Blake. We technically are considered Queens. However, early on in our co-rule, the leaders of the other kingdoms and republics believed Equestria was divided, since we both claimed to be Queen. So we would receive letters from each of the leaders of the realm about our ‘separate’ kingdoms,” she explained with subdued joy. Possibly from being able to explain the process behind it herself. “So we both agreed that we are not Queens in title, but Princesses. To show that neither of us has full rule over the country, and to show that we still have power,” she finished her explanation with a warmer and wider smile.

“Blah blah blah, talk talk talk, me her me.” Discord teased her, miming with his paws of a pair of mouths talking at each other. “Yes yes Celestia, you’re brilliant and all your subjects love you for it.” he added sarcastically. “But let’s get to the real fun shall we? Now how did you get chaos magic?” he questioned me with interest.

He showed it by floating in front of me horizontally while watching me with an exaggerated grin. Princess Celestia backed up and stood off to the left, but so our view of each other wouldn’t be blocked. But she remained a wedge between us, although it didn’t seem protective or intrusive.

“Actually Blake.” she added, looking at me. “I would also like to know the answer to that too. If you happen to have one.” she stated politely.

I looked between both of them perplexedly. “Uh well, I’m actually not sure what you mean. You said you felt something, but I didn’t feel anything.” I admitted cautiously.

Discord's smile vanished and he took on a pondering stance by disappearing and reappearing with a black tux that were complimented with a monocle and top hat. He was also leaned back in what looked like a brown leather chair. Princess Celestia looked at him amusingly, when he appeared in that outfit.

“Hmm... interesting,” he stated. “You could be lying to us.” He then leaned forward and gave me a serious look. “But...” he leaned back and relaxed. “I’ve been looking over you for a little while, and I can tell that your race isn’t at all responsive to magic. So it would make sense if you didn’t feel it,” he pondered aloud. “Oh well!” he exclaimed obnoxiously. “I’m bored with pondering, let’s go have some fun shall we?”

Without any extra words Discord snapped his fingers and the whole world became blindingly bright, but somehow very bearable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my vision cleared I was in a large study. The room was made of red carpet, and the walls were covered in book shelves. In the center was a large desk that had a low-padded seat. On it was a clock in the center, that faced the padded chair so the occupant would see the time and a globe on the right of the desk. There were several rolled up scrolls on the left side of the desk, and an ink well with a quill inside it next to the clock. The desk was on the opposite end of the room to the door. There were two wooden chairs on the other side of the desk that faced the low-padded seat.

But the most important item the room held was the Toolgun that I was supposed to have. It was lying on top of the desk, and right dead center of all its collective items. I looked around the room at its defining features. I was standing in front of the desk and looking at it. To my right was a fireplace, and to my left was a mannequin of a pony with purple, but official, armor. I noticed that I was alone in this room until my vision became blurred and the light returned.

I found myself standing in the same room I just observed only a few moments ago. Only this time the room was occupied by four other creatures. One of which was Princess Celestia, who stood to my left with a quizzical look. Another was Discord, whom hovered casually to my right with a content smile. In front of me was Quick Quill, and another pony I didn’t recognize. His coat was white like Celestia’s, and he was sitting forward in his padded chair. He looked buff and authoritative, and his blue mane and tail made him seem nonthreatening. I had the sneaking suspicion that we caught him mid-sentence, since his mouth was open and slightly limp.

Quick Quill was sitting in the wooden chair to my left, and looking between me, the Princess, and Discord with a bewildered expression.

“Hello everypony!” Discord exclaimed jovially. “How is everypony this fine afternoon! Great weather, hmm? Lots of winged ponies in the sky, right? I saw them too!” his voice was matched with a wide smile.

“Um yes. Discord, please don’t teleport me and our guests anywhere you choose,” Princess Celestia scolded him with disappointment in her voice.

Discord crossed his arms and scowled. “Well you’re no fun...” he mumbled loudly so we all heard.

“What the hay is going on?!” asked the white stallion with blue hair.

“I’m sorry Captain Shining Armor, but Discord thought it wise to teleport us here. We were actually on our way here, and we would have knocked if we knew you were busy.” Princess Celestia apologized.

“Well, I would have burst in and interrupted to party anyway.” Discord commented matter-of-factly.

The stallion put his hoof up to his forehead and sighed disapprovingly. I felt slightly out of place and wanted to leave, but I also desperately wanted to reach out for that Toolgun. But my better judgment kept me quiet about it, until I had the chance to get it fairly rather than suddenly and unannounced.

“Well ok, I forgive you.” stated the white stallion. “But you’d better knock next time,” he growled irritably toward Discord. “Anyway, did you want to see me Princess?” he then turned to Celestia.

“I was just bringing Blake here to collect his things.” she announced pleasantly.

He tilted his head in confusion, asking “Wait, he’s been allowed out?”

“You know that’s kind of rude to say when the person you’re talking about, is right in front of you.” I deadpanned snarkily.

“Oh, I agree!” added Discord. “Mr. Shining Armor is very rude when it comes to these things. Now pray tell, what were you doing?” Discord asked curiously.

I already knew the answer, and I wasn’t sure if Discord knew about Quill’s identity. I looked back down at Quick Quill who had her gaze fixed on me. Her lab coat was gone and her saddlebag was nowhere to be found. It left her completely naked, and exposing her full body to the elements. I found this strange, until I noticed the other pony wasn’t wearing anything either. I began reflecting on the times where clothes were worn, which was actually at all times, for social norms I’m used to. But I noticed that all the ponies I saw didn’t have full sets of clothing.

I examined Spyglass’s figure, thoroughly taking note of each way her muscles moved and soaking in the colors of her coat and hair. Her tail had the same light green coloration as her short hair, her horn seemed sharp and well groomed, and her light blue coat complimented the green hair and made her seem slightly fragile. But I knew she was a well-trained soldier or spy. I actually wasn’t quite sure what her role was, but I didn’t really care. All I wanted to do was get to know her more than ever. The idea of being able to learn more about someone who’s really good at hiding who they really were, excited me.

“Blake?” Spyglass asked in her slightly British accent. “What are you doing?”

I paused for a moment to contemplate my response before finding one.

“Sorry, I was thinking. Um, why are you naked?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

I was subtly aware that all eyes were on me. I looked up to confirm my suspicions. I was right.

“What?” I asked as my eyes darted between Discord and Celestia.

“What do you mean, 'why is she naked?'” Discord inquired. “It’s a normal thing.” He smiled.

“Oh. Huh, well where I’m from, it’s not. Nearly everyone wears clothes. That, and she’s the first pony I saw without clothes” I clarified.

Everyone in the room made a distinct noise to show they understood where I was coming from. The white horse named Armor simply said, “Ah.” and was mimicked by Discord shortly thereafter.

Princess Celestia and Quick Quill, or Sergeant Spyglass, simply let out an, “Oh.” In their own variants of the expression.

“Wait, why wouldn’t you look at me the same way?” Asked Armor.

“Well I kinda don’t know you so I don’t want to offend a stranger by looking at them. Especially seeing as you have my things.” I admitted, pointing at the Toolgun.

“Ah yes,” his horn began to glow pink and the Toolgun lifted off the desk and to him. “This?”

“Yes that.” I replied excitedly.

“Princess?” Armor asked for confirmation, looking at Celestia.

“You may give it to him, Shining Armor.” she regarded with a warm smile.

He nodded and moved it with his magic toward me. I wanted to rush toward him and grab it but I continued to wait patiently as it got closer to me. I stepped forward and reached out for it, when it got within four feet of me. I smiled and felt real joy as I was about to get the supposedly most powerful device in the world of gaming. No magical staff, great sword, or spell can compare to the abilities of the Toolgun. No fictional super battleship, or great protagonist can compare to the Toolgun’s awesome power. The power to literally build and destroy the world. The ability to turn a simple cardboard box into a nuclear weapon, at your fingertips. And the power to make spaceships out of train cars. Its possibilities are only limited by the wielder's imagination.

My right hand reached the Toolgun, and my fingers wrapped around the handle. My right index finger rested near the trigger and the aura of magic disappeared around it. The Toolgun was in my hand. But it wasn’t activating.

“Aw... buzz kill.” I commented out loud as I looked at the black screen that faced me on the gun.

I didn’t want to give up after so long waiting for this weapon. I put my finger over the trigger and pointed the Toolgun's barrel at the ground. Instinctively, I pulled the trigger. What happened next was amazing.

*PUFT!*

The Toolgun fired one shot. A small light appeared on the ground, that I quickly identified as the light tool in the tool menu. All of a sudden, the Toolgun’s screen lit up, and it started making a strange electrical sound. But as I held it and listened to the sound, I felt something going through my hand and into my body. The occupants of the room were too busy looking at the odd light that I spawned on the ground, to notice the screen lighting up. That was until whatever was flowing into my body started to pour.

A wave of intense energy flowed through my arm and into my body. I could feel the Toolgun as an extension of my arm, rather than a tool in my hand. My breathing increased as the power continued to flow into me.

“Blake!” Celestia shouted, her voice full of worry.

I looked at her, and saw her horn glowing and at the ready. She has a worried look on her face and her body was angled directly facing me. She looked like she was ready to charge me, and probably impale me with her horn. I looked back at Shining Armor and noticed his horn was alight too. Looking down at Quick Quill I found she wasn’t there, and in fact, in the time I spent relishing in this new feeling of power Quill was able to move to the side of the desk between Shining Armor and Princess Celestia.

I looked over to my right, to see Discord had moved up against the book case and staring at me with a befuddled gaze. His talon was at the ready to snap, if need be. Just as I was going to tell them not to worry, I felt something forming inside of me. I felt something inside of me become changed and deformed. Not to my physical body, but something deeper than that. I felt a space become opened, and items began to form.

I suddenly cycled through a newfound inventory. In my arms was not the Toolgun I held only moments ago, but the Physicsgun. I cycled again and the Gravitygun appeared in my arms. They both looked the exact same, other than their glowing color. The Physicsgun was its regular blue glow, and were I to hit the trigger, it would shoot out a blue beam that emitted no noise, but once it contacts a prop, it will move it, regardless of weight.

I felt ecstatic that I had these. But then I felt something wrong, when the process was done. All the massive energy that went into me started to force its way out, and back into the Toolgun that wasn’t in my hand. I can feel it enacting its will on the energy, and crashing it around on its way out of my body. My body froze up, and I began to feel excruciating pain.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

The last thing I saw was the worried looks on the ponies faces as darkness welcomed me into its embrace.

Author's Note:

Surprise? Oh and possibly featuring sound emitters and wire next chapter!

Editor's Notes:
This would've been up yesterday if I wasn't getting ready for a new college semester. Or playing Fallout: New Vegas.