• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 10,651 Views, 716 Comments

In the Heat of the Moment - RainbowDoubleDash

Comments ( 86 )

So I didn't get Crisis done in time...but I did get this done!

:yay:

What in the shit-stain just happened?

Okay, the ending was fine, but the epilogue was just WTF? :derpytongue2:

The ending. Goddamnit, the ending.

Now I want to see more non canon shipfics in the Lunaverse.

That ending.:rainbowlaugh: Just so goddamn perfect.

Dat glorious ending! :moustache:

I can only hope the text on that image in meant to be taken literally and not just as a homage. :twilightsmile:

Lol. Didn't see that coming.:rainbowlaugh:

Okay, so Ch8 was... busy, and pretty much epitomizing the transformation of this fic from it's original crack origins into something more serious. The chapter was by no means bad in and of itself, just a little underwhelming as the climax of what had mostly been a rollercoaster of comedic outtakes. Personally, I'd have probably preferred if instead of Trixie actually getting nearly the whole town --and the princes-- involved in an extraneous (if mostly glossed over) search scene, instead Ditzy had known EXACTLY where to find Raindrops, but was initially leery of bringing Trixie to her until after the impassioned speech about turning the town upside down.

Also, there are scenes like Twilight's interactions with Dinky and Luna that while VERY good, just kind of distract from the narrative of this particular fic.

All that said, when we finally got to the end scene with Trixie and Raindrops everything was quite touchingly enjoyable, if a bit short cut. I didn't need it to turn into something explicit, but it still felt a bit overshadowed by all the other scenes that were jammed up in font of it.

...

Ch9 though... yeah, hilarious epilogue there. It's completely insane and comes smack dab out of nowhere, but well, it works... or something, and even if the tone is entirely different it's good to have what started as a crack fic, end as a crack fic.

Fantastic ending. Feel-good finish.
I greatly enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing.

2880013

Pretty sure that was a 'non-cannon ship'-fic lead-in right there in the Epilogue. Dohohoho.

That, TO BE CONTINUED, had better not be just a fun tribute, that's all I got to say.

Well, no, I have a lot more to say actually. Mostly it comes down to the fact that I really liked this story, and this non-canon version of the Lunaverse.

Twilight's apology and her drawing away from the Dark Side was a big hit with me as well.

You make me sad RD2... I can't have canon ships in the show, why can't I have this in the Lunaverse? Why can't we have nice things?

2879926
I forgive you. This was well worth the wait.

Gotta say, I don't read romance too often, but every now and then I find one that hits all the right notes without getting too sappy. Trixie and Raindrops have a ways to go (but a bountiful one if the ending is to be believed!), but they are learning and that's the best we can hope for.

Thanks for the silly ride!

One point twenty one gigawatts!

Huzzah! It is completed! Well done, Now I just need to read the rest of the Lunaverse stories.

What the hell just happened there?
Wha...
What?
Why?
How?
Dinky of the future?
Huh?
But...?

Ok whatever.
I'll just roll with it

Hunn... humm... errr.. wha.. WHAT THE HECK happened here. No seriously, love it. Really do. Wonder where this is going.

Oh and great. You now have Hewy Lewis and the New's "Back in Time" stuck in my head. Thanks.

I sort of expected it to end with Raindrops going into heat.

But Back to the Future works as well :pinkiehappy:

I'll say this much, I loved this story and pretty much everything that happened in it, thanks for writing, it's been a wild ride! Raindrops discussing their relationship, how they are both steadily learning more about it and each other and the image of Trixie curled up on the couch under Raindrops's wings were too sweet for words! I'll leave the future Dinky thing. But the back to the future reference was hilariously great! :scootangel:

...

Well, of course.

It was foolish to think it would end any other way, really.

YES.

HELL YES.

FUCKING. HELL. YES.

2879926>>2880394 With that ending I think this song is fitting;

2880010
Look to your avatar and ye shall know how I feel about the epilogue.

2880098

Ch9 though... yeah, hilarious epilogue there. It's completely insane and comes smack dab out of nowhere, but well, it works... or something, and even if the tone is entirely different it's good to have what started as a crack fic, end as a crack fic.

My thoughts exactly. That, plus sooner or later I want to do a time-travel story with a significant amount of time-travel happening in it, and now I've set myself up for one.

Not that I have any idea where I'll go with it, but then, that describes my situation at the start of this fic, too.

2880241
I'm calling this the "Sexyverse" (not that I plan on making a whole new group or anything, it's just what I'm calling it in my head). The Sexyverse is just like the Lunaverse...but sexy.

And curiously enough, if the tone of this fic is anything to go by, it's also much closer to the actual show in terms of tone, even if it's also adult-oriented.

2880767
Future Dinky first showed up in the (also non-canon) story I'll See You Soon. Presumably given that Trixie is surprised but not shocked at Future Dinky (and reacts like she's seen her before), ISYS has happened in this universe.

Although according to ISYS, Trixie after meeting Future Dinky and realizing it was Future Dinky, got drunk and had a magnificent hangover and so couldn't remember the whole thing. Canon is loose in the Sexyverse...just like the ponies.

2880767 Time traveling Dinky makes a lot of cameos in the Lunaverse, Just get used to it

2881536
She's only made two, actually, and one of them was this very fic. And she has yet to show up in any canon stories.

2881544 still counts, and I was figuring it was becoming a running gag... Allons-y!!

That ending...

Whaaaaaa?

:rainbowderp: Wha... :rainbowhuh: Huh? .... *snerk* Okay, that was completely out of left field, but I loved it! :rainbowkiss:

Now, RDD, you've set yourself up for a pretty fuckin' great sequel here. Don't let me down and have it all be a fake-out. The BtTF homage demands respect! Also I want more cute Trixiedrops and future exploration. Quick question, is the "It's not you, it's your kids!" line also from a BtTF movie? I feel like I recognize it. Yes I realize I could google but where's the fun in that? :trollestia: I loved this whole story, it's the best "crack" fic I've ever read.

Future Dinky returns! Whooo!

That was funny as hell. Can't wait till the sequel. Or, well, actually, I can, but only because I want to see the end of Crisis.

2882454
At the end of the first "Back to the Future," Doc shows up and basically does the scene that I just did, only with less ponies and more flying cars.

2882800
Ah, okay. I thought it was from the trilogy. Thanks.

When this baby gets up to eighty-eight knots, you're gonna see some serious horseapples! :rainbowdetermined2:

In any case, it's kind of a shame this is very definitely not canon, given how nicely it resolves the saga of Twilight Sparkle. And future Dinky is always a treat, especially when she's Doc Browning it up.

Also:

Luna was not like her sister. When she made her entrances, they were at once subtle, yet jarring.

Luna makes Batman entrances. Headcanon accepted.

Anyway, fantastic stuff. Thank you for another thrilling installment of your AU. Though this is an AAU. Or something like that... :derpytongue2:

:rainbowkiss::raritystarry: The greatest of endings!! As soon as he said "Sails?" I knew exactly where we were going with that. Also just gonna say again (because I'm pretty sure I said it before and if I didn't just read this comment twice) YYAAAAAAAAAYYYY for Trixdrops! Dropsxie! Whatever!! The most glorious of Lunaverse ships! A fantastic cracky ending to a fantastic cracky beginning, and all the middle stuff was fantastic too! I love your work, RDD, and I'm glad you got to write something FUN and SILLY and yes, dare I say, SEXY. Because I think we all, deep down, need a little more Sexyverse in our lives. :duck:

....I feel as though I have been trolled.


...and I honestly wanted Raindrops to take Trixie up on her offer of having her way with her.

....I feel as though I have been trolled.


...and I honestly wanted Raindrops to take Trixie up on her offer of having her way with her.

:rainbowlaugh:

awesome epilogue...:pinkiehappy:

Dat ending. Oh hell yeah!

Aww, what a sweet ending! They really do seem to be working nicely together. I think they balance each other well. I like the way that they're pushing each others' boundaries very slowly and carefully, which is the right way to do it.

And hooray for another appearance from Future Dinky! As soon as you mentioned the Castle Tree in the previous chapter, I thought something like this might happen. And for that final scene, what can I say except... it's really nice to watch a new ship take off. :coolphoto:

I really, really loved this whole story. I hope that some of the character development makes it into canon, even if the actual events don't. It's really great for Trixie, Raindrops and Twilight. Well done.

And now my mature filter goes back on.

*GROAN*:facehoof:
Good story but the ending, really?:pinkiesad2:
Now I have Lunaverse stories to read into.:rainbowlaugh:

BEST ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::yay:

2880816 I was expecting the same thing really. It would have been hilarious to see Raindrops initial entry into heat and Trixie going " 'Here we go again' *sigh* "

2895074
I was tempted with that, actually...but then I got the "Back to the Future" idea and couldn't not do it.

2881554 Allons-y indeed. Anything with time travel needs to reference the good Doctor. When it comes to time travel he is simply the best there is.

Login or register to comment