• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 6,742 Views, 178 Comments

My Pink Salvation. - WinterTwister

  • ...
15
 178
 6,742

Chapter 5

The day of the trial had come, Pinkie and Carrot were outside of the building moments before the court was scheduled to begin.

Carrot took a deep breath. "I hope we come out on top..."

Pinkie fixed his hair a little and put her hooves on the side of his face in assurance, not touching the bandages from the blow a few days ago. She smiled and her smile made Carrot forget all of his worries.

They both entered the building and quickly found the court hall where on one side of the isle were their friends and customers that had seen Cup Cake's true nature. The other side of the isle had only three ponies as Cup Cake's character witnesses.

Pinkie took her seat next to Cherilee and began to chat lightly.

Carrot continued to the front and sat down at a desk with his civil attorney.

The guard next to the stand where the judge sat saw the judge come in. "All stand."

All of the ponies in the room stood up as the judge made his way to his elevated seat.

"Please be seated." The guard said as the judge sat.

The judge looked over the two ponies before him and surprisingly saw his daughter. "Why are we here?"

Carrot's attorney stood up and spoke clearly. "My client, Carrot Cake, wants to divorce his wife in hopes of no reimbursement."

"Very well, you may provide the jury with your evidence to prosecute or defend your client." He told the attorneys.

The court room was filled with tension, Cup Cake tried to look innocent but you could feel the hate radiating from her thoughts.

Several ponies were asked to give a brief example on their behavior and their opinions on the case.

Pinkie was the first to go to the stand and she was really nervous.

Pinkie spoke and tried to avoid the gaze of Cup Cake. "I've worked with the Cakes for several years and I always thought of Cup Cake as a good teacher..."

Cup Cake was relieved, she thought Pinkie was going to be against her.

"But then two weeks ago I found out that she is very aggressive and hit her husband, and that she has also been aggressive without my knowledge of it before I knew."

Cup Cake's mouth was gaped What?! How did she know?!.... I knew it..

The judge dismissed Pinkie and she returned to her new seat in the front next to Carrot.

Several more ponies were asked to give their character assessments.

"I always thought she was so sweet, but the other day I saw her hit her husband with all of her strength and he fell over backwards.. it was an awful sight." A mare had testified.

Another mare had defended Cup Cake's character. "She has always been a darling, and I'm sure that what happened the other day was just a misunderstanding."

Cherilee took the stands. "I never knew that she was a bad pony, but she is a drinker and thats not tolerable when shes always around children, I remember several times where she had slurred speech."

A colt took the stands for Carrot. "Ah sometimes saw Mr. Cake ther, with some bruises and asked him about a few of 'em, an' he always told me these weird things tha' happened. Ah guess it was Mrs. Cake beatin on the poor fella, and him bein a stallion an all, he couldn' hit back.

Regardless of Cup Cake's character defense, the numbers of the offense were alot higher, and all with bad opinions on Cup Cake.

The judge looked at his daughter and never thought that she was capable of being so cruel, and he blocked his emotions and memories of his daughter and now thought of her as just another pony.

After all of the evidence was gone through, Cup Cake's chances of winning were almost non existent. A long history of abuse, both verbal and physical, and working a bakery while intoxicated

The judge called for the jury to make their assessment, and it only took five minutes for them to make their decision.

The jury took their seats and one of the stallions had a piece of paper, ready to tell the judge the decision.

"What is the verdict?" The judge said as he gripped his gavel.

The colt stood up and spoke clearly, and with a tinge of hate in his voice. Just about everypony in the room now hated Cup Cake. "We find that the divorce should be final, and that no reimbursement is given to the defendant."

The judge tapped the gavel. "The jury has made their decision, this court is over in this decision." He tapped the gavel again and saw the crowds reaction.

The crowd that supported Carrot clapped and the crowd that supported Cup Cake just shrugged and left.

Pinkie had ran up next to Carrot and they hugged each other tightly.

Cup Cake's mouth was gaped in surprise. She saw Pinkie run up and hug Carrot and she lost her temper and her voice bellowed throughout the courtroom. "YOU LITTLE SLUT!"

Pinkie stopped hugging Carrot, the room was silent and she began to shrink at being called such a word.

Cup Cake looked on the desk and grabbed the glass of water and shattered the top of it on the table, sending the water splashing to the ground and she lunged at Pinkie.

Carrot saw his ex-wife grab the glass and he immediately knew her intention and he pushed Pinkie behind himself and extended his hoof forward, ready for the rampaging mare.

The guard was trained to always be ready for a situation like this and he galloped forward and grabbed Cup's hoof, inches before it was about to cut Carrot on his hoof.

Cup was being restrained by the guard, but was already becoming loose and still swinging the broken glass at Carrot and Pinkie.

Three other guards had come in the room and rushed to help restrain the mare, it took all four of them to fully restrain her and pull her out of the room.

The judge saw in disgust as his daughter behaved in such a manor, but then sighed and realized that she had just threatened someone in the courtroom with a weapon. He just stood up and left the courtroom to relax and press his hooves against his temples to help relieve the stress.

Pinkie had closed her eyes as soon as she saw Cup get up with the glass and only felt being moved a little. She opened her eyes and saw Carrot standing in front of her, he had protected her and she felt as if she owed her life to him now.

Carrot turned around as soon as he was sure that Cup was gone. "It's okay, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, ever."

They happily left the courtroom together, and they were now free to show their relationship in front of others now that Carrot Cake had no wife.

They returned to the bakery and the first thing that they did was make sure that the sign said 'closed' before they disappeared inside of Carrot's bedroom.


~*~* 7 Years Later ~*~*

Everypony in Ponyville quickly knew of Pinkie's and Carrot's relationship with each other. At first it felt awkward for some, but everypony eventually accepted it as how it should be, seeing how happy they were together.

Pinkie's friends were very accepting of her love with Carrot. A year later when they were getting married Pinkie's friends all had wanted to be Pinkie's mare of honor and there was a little chaos in that time, but it was quickly resolved as Dash being her mare of honor.

On the week of their wedding they heard on the radio talk show news about a mare in prison being killed. The killer was a mare from Prance named Grindstone who was paid in cigarets to do the job, apparently the victim wouldn't learn to keep her mouth shut in prison and nobody liked her.

They had a good idea on who the victim was.

Pinkamena Pie had become Pinkamena Cake, but she still goes by Pinkie.

Two years after their marriage they had two children, there was nothing wrong with Carrot after all, Cup was indeed sterile. Two earth ponies named Pumpkin Cake, after Carrot's mother, and Clyde Cake, after Pinkie's father. The toddlers quickly showed their ability to defy the laws of physics like their mother did.

The family grew and the bakery had been more successful being ran by Pinkie and Carrot.

Pinkie was tucking her children in bed upstairs in her old room, they were now five years of age.

Pinkie nuzzled Clyde. "Good night my angels."

"Night mom.." Clyde said with a yawn.

Pumpkin was already fast asleep and snoring lightly.

Pinkie left the room and Carrot was waiting for her at the doorway.

They both tiredly went downstairs and went into bed. They both had everything they dreamed of, A loving partner, beautiful children, and the rest of their lives ahead of them.

Comments ( 64 )

Before you ask in comments about the kids, Pumpkin came from Mr. Cake's side so she stayed Pumpkin Cake - Who looks like her father
Pound Cake has the same colors as Clyde so Pinkie named him after her father

The two kids are earth ponies because Pinkie is not a slut.

ALSO I do not know how to write court stuff, I've only watched Judge Judy a few times and its not the same, so I can't promise accuracy - If im wrong just think of me as a retard that makes semi-decent fics.

I did enjoy writing this alot though. hope you liked it

cigarets -> cigarettes

Just one thing I caught while reading the story. Not a bad job, I truly enjoyed it.

I had a more gruesome an detailed death planned for cup cake in the prison shower. She was gonna talk back to the convict(Grindstone) next to her and the convict would proceed to rip off Cup's limbs and force feed them down her throat. The guards would go into the showers to find the room filled with blood like a meat pinata had exploded on the walls twice. The inmate in question was in there for three consecutive life sentences for 1st degree murder, after the deed is done she goes back to the mess hall and receives a brohoof from some of other prisoners.

This fic was based on a true story about a guy i know ho was having an affair b/c his wife was an abusive bitch, he won the court case to get custody of their kids and she tried to kill him in court. She was killed in prison a a month later.

Peace Out and thanks for reading.

:pinkiehappy::heart::heart::heart:
:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:
best story ever

At first glace I thought this was bad and now THIS is a great story. I love how you included a the court stuff. 5/5 and a favorite ( thought there were some spelling and grammar errors but I dont mind ) :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

133551 JUDGE JUDY!!! :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy: lol nice story. i think you should write a sequel that explores the ridiculous fourth-wall-breaking adventures of pinkie and her abundance of future offspring. :pinkiehappy: because that would be awesome. lol

to much of a happy ending if you ask me

134034
It's partially based on a real life story about a guy I know, who was in an abusive relationship, had an affair, got divorced, secretly drove his ex-wife crazy, got into a custody battle which he won, she tried to kill him in court, she died in prison, he remarried to the woman he had the affair with and has been together with her for the past eight years.

Sometimes life can be that happy. plus we set up that Carrot Cake's life was complete crap fro the longest time and his ending is happy because he deserves it.

good story, very good.

133778 :pinkiesmile: I've always wanted one of those, thank you :heart:

133887 What made you think this was bad in the first place :fluttershysad:

This is simply great. I really enjoyed this new spin on the cakes. I never would have guessed such things were going on.

Hell yes, my soul feels filled:rainbowkiss:muchos gracias.

* * * Disclaimer * * *
The following is my opinion that is only slightly relevant. Feel free to ignore this part as it is mostly me just being nitpicky. What I thought of the story will continue after the second group of dashes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally I avoid reading pinkie fics. This is primarily because I love pinkie's canon personality so much that frankly, I would probably still in some way, shape, or form find something wrong with it regardless of how well she was portrayed in a story. Now on to what I actually thought of the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall I thought it was a great story, not my cup of tea but it's always nice to read something outside the usual, and find something you enjoyed. The only thing that I didn't like was how in the end you came out, and told us everything that happens afterwords. Personally I find endings that are more open to be more enjoyable because they allow you to create your own ending. Then again given that it is based off of a true story it makes sense that you would add that, and there are probably a lot of people who would argue that filling the reader in on such information makes the story better. Guess we can just chalk that one up to personal preference. That aside it was a great story and I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.:twilightsmile:

139946 I didn't think I strayed far from her cannon personality, I made it to where she wanted to cheer up Mr. Cake, like she does to everyone, but I gave her a more caring personality to get him out of his depression - and like most girls if they are around a guy long enough they usually like them, if you love someone and the person they are with is someone they resent, I kind of think that works out for everyone. Yeah I thought the ending was too much, but its an actual ending to something in real life so I thought I would go ahead and bring the whole thing down - glad you enjoyed it though, I'm still trying to move up from a decent author to a possible good author.

139984 Well like I said its mostly me being picky with pinkie so feel free to ignore me. I'm not sure why I am considering twilight is my favorite and I am nowhere near as fussy about her personality in fan fics.

[img]+_31cc320661c7c80917134ec66d0a361f[/img]

I won't speak about characterization because the Cakes in MLP:FiM had none, so I really think that you're the one to decide their personality. Nor will I bash you for not taking Baby Cakes as canon for this, since this story begun being written before the episode was even announced.
The plot of the story itself is really nice. A good twist for a Pinkie-ish relationship, since she's near the Cakes as much as she is near her friends. I liked how you put alcoholism in there as well (on a side note, I liked how you left Cup Cake cheating on Carrot ambiguous).
My only problem with this is the writing. It feels... lacking to me. I'm sorry if I may sound like an ass, but everything feels fast-paced because of the writing itself.
You could do with a little more detail on it all... Especially in that courtroom. I read that you are not familiar with the court system in itself, but that's not what I meant.
Plot-wise? I'll give you a solid 5 for a really innovative idea.
Writing-wise? I'll give you a 3, because of the mentioned problems

If ya'll use yer fancy mathematics, ya'll see that Ah' rated you's a 4 star. :ajsmug:

142273 Glad you took the time to review it, I'm still a new writer, I'm hoping to eventually come out of my shell as a semi-decent writer to an admirable one- but that might take awhile.:twilightsmile:

142346 Actually, it's quicker than you might think. Three months ago all I could write was shit. Now I can actually write something comprehensible enough.
PS: I'm relieved that you know how to take a critic. Keep the attitude and I don't see any harm coming your way.

142646 I love critics lol , I love to have accurate reviews on my stories I may have shown rage to another 'Critic' but in my opinion he was a huge troll and annoyed me and my writing team. His idea of a critic is to only point out flaws in the most aggressive way possible and half the time they were invalid because he couldn't comprehend what I was trying to do - The one thing I hate is today's writing/movies where everything is just given away, I like to write stuff that you have to imagine yourself in the characters position to see whats really going on.

But I love having smart people tell me how my writing is - I hope to see more reviews from you, right now I think my best fic is Stray Ardor - its not on my account, its on a friends. He is a slow typer and I offered to write it for him, he gave me a summary and I turned it into a story, I would really enjoy it if you reviewed that, It is almost complete I'm working on the last chapter right now but I've been really sick and haven't been able to, I hope I can finish it today.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5924/Stray-Ardor

142907 Reading that your work has flaws is really a hard thing to do. Even more so when someone throws it in your face and blatantly calls you names for it. Trolls are... incomprehensible.

About the giving away: Me too! I love to imagine the scenery in the books I read. That's why too many details are a don't for me. Although I try to relay some simple facts, I still need to learn to keep details in a medium level. Sometimes I overdo them and other I lack completely.

Oh, I'm not smart, believe me. Well... in the sense of writing/reviewing, that is. I only point out those little, itsy bisty details that nag my brain.
I am not from the USA and I have a mediocre grasp on grammar and punctuation. Writing here is also helping me learn a bit more of English (funny story, I already traveled to the USA many times before; even though I can't write decently, my speaking is really good).

You want me to send you PMs of my critique or you want me to comment them?
You want me to send you one bigass critique or one per chapter?

I'll be sure to read the story for you and give out a nice, big review. :twilightsmile:
But tomorrow only! :twilightoops:
As I stated in my blog; to me, today is REVISION DAY!
:yay: < ...yay.

You can help me by reading one or two or how-many-you-want-to chapters of my story and review them. Just click the name above my avatar (yes, that's the one!) and find my story there.
> blatantly asking for your help.

142939 Your English is fine, and I've read that English is the hardest language to learn and you do it quite well - I live in the U.S.A and your writing grammar probably surpasses mine, when you live in the area that I do (central America where all the cowboys are) and you play games where everyone uses shortened words like be right back, its brb. So yeah lol, I'll give your stories a look, but idk how long I can read until I get a headache - really sick lol

88221

Someone has clearly never seen "Misery." It's a classic. But then again, maybe that's why you never saw it. No flashy explosions and jive-talking robots.

267307 its by Stephen King, I HATE Stephan king lol. This story is based off of a true story about my friends uncle and with a classic, one of the best novels of all time "Ethan Frome" But I'm sure you've never read it, no psycho chicks and people struggling for their life. and Misery isn't just about someone breaking someones leg, its about a hardcore psycho fan that breaks his legs so he can't get away- its not just about her breaking his legs. Also for the record, I hate Michale Bay too.

268725

No. Just no. If anything is one of the best works, I'd say Spenser's "The Faerie Queen" is far superior to what you might name. (Yes, even better than Milton, I'll say it every day and twice on Sunday.)

269913 ... are you trying to compare books? lol. I'm not the one that says Ethan Frome is one of the best novels written, its all of the critics that ever read it. But really, trying to just name another book because its 'superior' is far more than just ignorance. You can't just say something is superior just because you like it - it's your opinion, and its lowly valued, and I went back to look at the comments and I have one question.
Why did you wait 9 weeks just to try and tell me I hate anything without explosions or robots, because you obviously don't even have any idea what a classic even is so lets go through some technical lines here.
1. Misery by Stephan King was no plot centered around her breaking that author's legs, it was just an event that contributed to the plot.
2. Here is the definition of a classic, Classic- An original work in the media that's the first of its kind and leads to several other types of media and endorsement behind it.

The Fearie Queene is an epic poem by Edmund Spencer, its a two part story and the only thing noticable in this story is that it is called a 'Specerian' Stanza which is just a more modern looking Shakespearian that has flea plot (bounces around in areas). This book was only bought and distributed highly because of Queen Elizabeth that 'liked it' but never showed any evidence of reading it herself meaning she couldn't decipher any of it, nor could she had named any major event. This book was made to show people how to be virtuous and that's all fine and dandy, but that's probably why she loved the book so much - so her people could learn from it.

Sorry about the big message, I really don't like it when furies make really terrible statements like that, IF you don't want to make other Furies look bad I would recommend being more informative and also to stop the Bronies, like me, look bad - please do not publicly say your a fury, people that see furies in a fandom immediately label the rest of us as furies.

270122

It took a second to decipher what you were saying. I couldn't recall referencing Alecto, Megaera or Tisiphone, or Nemesis. So I was a bit confused until I realized it was just a sustained typo. I applaud your editors for cleaning up your works.

Why did it take so long to say anything? Remember, there didn't used to be reply notifications. I forgot about this contrived classic of contextless misery until I saw a link to it and read through the hilarious comments.

270622 :facehoof: alright. I do enjoy editing my own comments when I derp on them

:moustache: i must say. This story was absplutely superb!

And to the divorce of cup cake and the marriage of pinkie, i have one thing to say
HU-FREAKING-ZAH!!

Just finished reading your story. I must say, I didn't expect this shipping to be this superb. Really original pairing and a nice flow of story development, you did well good sir. I can't wait to read your other stories :eeyup:

Bitch get shanked

Cup.. I was receding to ex Mrs cup cake

Refering to

1233178
I'm aware of that, I just like how she got shanked too :yay:

Its prison right? She had to get shanked

wow........that was dark

1648809
How did you comment on chapter 6? :rainbowderp:
there's only 5

I don't know>>1649921

But great story and it was harsh and dark but became light at the end.
and Celestia said let there be light lol

While the ending felt a bit rushed, it was still quite cute. I also like how you had Pinkie name one of the foals after her father. That's a nice touch.

Still, your grammar and sentence structure need a bit of work. Keep at it though, because as I've said before, I really did enjoy this story :pinkiehappy: . Fave and thumb, yo :twilightsmile: .

1976370
Glad you liked it, I wrote this awhile ago so it's not 100% on par of where I am now- but it's close.

2040145
All ma stories are old :pinkiesmile:

Im going to apologize in advance for saying this: The cake is a pie. :facehoof:

Login or register to comment