• Published 31st May 2021
  • 2,983 Views, 281 Comments

Beyblade EQG - MechaTomX



A teenager discovers his passion for the beyblade, he will show what he is made of in the next great tournament that will decide who is the best blader

  • ...
14
 281
 2,983

PreviousChapters Next
Ep 32: The Dark Knight's Shield

Spike was in the junkyard.

"Hell, where did he go?" Spike wondered to himself.

"And why did he come to this place?" Spike wondered again.


A few hours before.

Rumble was in his locker, opening it he found a letter, "Huh, what is this?"

Rumble read the letter.

Spike, it seems that you and your friends have defeated almost my entire army, I must let you know that I have never received such a humiliation in my life, but I am a fair guy, so I have a proposition for you that I don't think you want to refuse, after classes come see me i'll be in the junkyard we'll play a one point beybattle, if you win i'll give up my plan and you'll never see me again but if i win everything will stay the same and you and your friends will still be watched by me.

PS: And come alone.

"Oh no, this is bad," Rumble thought, "Though it looks like the idiot got the locker wrong, since this letter was addressed to Spike."

"Hi Rumble," he heard a voice approaching, Rumble turned to see Spike, Button and the Crusaders approaching.

Nervous as he hid the letter, Rumble replied, "Oh hey guys, what are you doing here?"

“Ummm, we study here,” Button Mash replied.

"Oh, that's great," Rumble said nervously.

"Are you OK?" Spike asked.

"Of course, it couldn't be better," Rumble proceeded to walk away, "Anyway, I've got to go do something in particular, see you tomorrow."

Rumble ran off.

As he walked away he thought, "I'm not going to let that lunatic continue to torment us, and I won't allow him to continue to harass Spike like that, I'll put a stop to all this stupidity."

"Okay that was weird," Scootaloo said.

“Even for him,” Sweetie Belle said.

"And it's clear he's hiding something, he wasnt being honest," added Apple Bloom.

"Huh?" Spike asked.

“Oh come on, I grew up with AJ,” replied Apple Bloom, “I can spot lies.”

"Why would he have lied?" Button Mash asked.

"I don't know," Spike replied, "But I think I'll follow him, just in case he tries to do something."

“I'll go with you,” Button Mash told him.

"But Button, your battle is tomorrow and you must train," Spike told him.

“But Rumble is my friend too, I can't abandon him,” Button responded.

"Button, I understand how you feel, but imagine how Rumble would feel," Spike told him, "He wouldn't want you to give up your battle just for him."

"I…. i,” Button wanted to protest, but he couldn't find a good reason.

"Don't worry, I'll follow him," Spike told him.

Button was hesitant, but decided to leave everything to Spike, "Okay, just be careful."

"I'll go with you," Apple Bloom told him.

"No, it could be dangerous, I'll go first, and if I'm not back in an hour, call the police," Spike told her.

Apple Bloom could only nod, but she was a little scared, especially considering that Spike wasn't the bravest boy, but she wish him good luck anyway.

Spike smiled and proceeded to follow Rumble stealthily.


Present time.

Spike was still looking for his friend, and at that moment he heard voices up ahead.

"Anyway, Spike isn't here, you'll fight me," Spike looked at Rumble who looked like he was going to face the Dark Crystal Knight, Pharynx was there too although it was obvious he was just going to be a spectator.

"Damn Rumble, what have you gotten yourself into," Spike said as he ducked out of sight of the Knight or Pharynx.

"And why should I?" asked the Dark Crystal Knight to Rumble.

"If you can't beat me then you're not even worth Spike's time," Rumble replied, "You'll have to get past me if you want to hurt my friend."

“Hehe, I must admit you have piqued my interest,” the Dark Crystal Knight told him.

“We're either going to talk all night, or we're going to get this party started,” Rumble said as he showed her his beyblade, Cloud Slayer.

Rumble, he's protecting me, Spike thought.

“Very well, I will accept your challenge,” the Dark Crystal Knight replied.

At that moment, it started to rain.

“Oh holy gems,” Spike said as he buttoned up his jacket to try to avoid getting wet from the rain.

“Alright, get ready,” Rumble told the Dark Crystal Knight as he placed his bey on his launcher.

“You'll be sorry,” the Dark Crystal Knight replied as he placed his bey on his launcher.

But there was something strange, the bey looked different, the first time he saw it, the same day when they met the Dark Crystal Knight, his bey was white with several blue fragments, but now it had a black attack ring.

"So he upgraded his bey," Rumble thought, "He'll need more than that to defeat Cloud Slayer."

At that moment, the countdown began.

3

2

1

LET IT RIP.

The 2 launched their beys to the ground and at that moment they began to spin.

Cloud Slayer was the first to take the initiative.

“Cloud Slayer, show him no mercy,” Rumble said to his bey.

Rumble's bey began to attack Knight's.

CLANKK

CLANKK

The Dark Crystal Knight smiled, "I see you are tougher than I thought, it would be a mistake to underestimate you, Crystal Barrier, do your thing."

“Crystal Barrier, a very cool name I must admit,” Rumble said.

But at that moment...

SWOOOOOM

“WHAT THE….” Rumble exclaimed when he saw what had happened.

Crystal Barrier created a kind of force field which pushed Cloud Slayer.

"A force field, so that's his special move," Spike said as he watched them from a distance.

“Hehe, now you see our difference in power is abysmal you brat,” the Dark Crystal Knight mocked him.

“Grrrr, don't think protecting yourself with an air shield will beat me,” Rumble replied angrily, then ordered his bey to continue attacking, “Cloud Slayer, don't let that stop you.”

Cloud Slayer advanced towards Crystal Barrier to try to hit him, but he went through again.

SWOOOOOM

Cloud Slayer was pushed out of the force field.

“Grrr, Cloud Slayer, again,” Rumble said to his bey.

“No matter how hard you try, you will not pass my barrier,” the Dark Crystal Knight replied.

And the result was always the same, no matter how many times Cloud Slayer got close.

SWOOOOOM

SWOOOOOM

SWOOOOOM

Cloud Slayer was always pushed.

"Can't you think of anything else?" Pharynx wondered.

"Rumble, what are you planning?" Spike wondered.

"Tschhh," Rumble was starting to get tired, but then smiled, "So your force field isn't invincible."

"What are you talking about, in case you didn't notice, my force field is…" the Dark Crystal Knight said but was interrupted by Rumble's yell.

“CLOUD SLAYER.”

Cloud Slayer approached Crystal Barrier.

“YOU DON'T GET IT, YOU DAMN IGNORANT,” the Dark Crystal Knight yelled.

But at that moment.

CRACKKK

“WHATTT?” exclaimed the Dark Crystal Knight, “NOOOOO.”

Cloud Slayer had managed to break through Crystal Barrier's force field.

“Very good Cloud Slayer,” Rumble said, at that moment, being so pressed within the force field, Cloud Slayer started pummeling Crystal Barrier repeatedly like there was no tomorrow.

CLANKK

CLANKK

CLANKK

“Grrrr,” the Dark Crystal Knight exclaimed in fury.

“You might as well undo your force field, unless you want to see your bey Burst,” Rumble scoffed.

“DAMN IT,” the Dark Crystal Knight yelled as Crystal Barrier nullified his force field.

“That brat sure has talent,” Pharynx said, “But my lord will not give in so easily.”

"Alright Rumble, you got it," Spike said to himself.

"CLOUD SLAYER, IT'S TIME," Rumble yelled, "SPECIAL MOVE, WIND BLADE."

Cloud Slayer went straight in a diagonal line to attack Crystal Barrier.

"He did," Spike thought as he clenched his fist and smiled, "Finally, the Dark Crystal Knight has been defeated."

Suddenly, like a sword, Crystal Barrier Burst in the most graceful way possible.

“THE VICTORY IS MINE,” Rumble yelled as he celebrated.

The Dark Crystal Knight had been defeated…..

Or so they believed.

“Hehehehehehe,” the Dark Crystal Knight began to laugh madly.

"Huh?" Rumble looked at his bey and it kept spinning, only now it didn't have any black in color, it was white and blue again, "But it's not possible, I saw how your bey was disarmed."

“Take a good look,” the Dark Crystal Knight pointed at a falling piece.

Rumble finally noticed the black attack ring in the ground and worried, "I didn't beat him, I just broke his armor."

"It can't be," Spike said surprised, "That asshole has an attack ring under another attack ring."

Rumble was overwhelmed that he let his guard down, and that moment was seized upon by the Dark Crystal Knight.

“NOW, CRYSTAL BARRIER, FINISH IT.”

Crystal Barrier went straight to Cloud Slayer.

CRASH.

Cloud Slayer did Burst.

Rumble didn't react, he expected that, but even so, it was very hard for him even if he didn't express it.

“I knew you would win my lord, never doubt you,” Pharynx told him.

"Thank you Pharynx," the Dark Crystal Knight thanked as he picked up his bey, then he looked at Rumble, "Certainly, the Dazzlings were right, you are very strong."

Rumble glared at the Dark Crystal Knight in fury and frustration at not being able to defeat him.

"I suppose that is all for today," the Dark Crystal Knight proceeded to withdraw.

"Wait a minute, are you leaving?" Pharynx asked him as he followed him, at that time the 2 had already left the place, leaving Rumble on his knees who was still tired.

"Sorry Cloud Slayer, I should have been stronger," tears began to well up in Rumble's eyes as he reassembled his bey.

But at that moment, Rumble felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around and saw Spike who came out of hiding when the Dark Crystal Knight and Pharynx left the place.

"Spike, how long have you been there?"

"Long enough," Spike replied.

“I, I'm sorry, I wanted to end this once and for all, but I wasn't strong enough, I'm sorry,” Rumble said as he tried to hide his tears.

"Rumble, you went alone to face the Dark Crystal Knight, and you did it to protect us, you lost, but everything you did, is the very definition of strength," Spike told him.

"Spike," Rumble said surprised.

"I'm glad you're our friend," Spike offered his fist.

Rumble smiled and bumped his fist into Spike's, "I'm the one who should be."

“And besides,” Spike said, “At least you revealed his bey's secret, we already know how to beat him,” Spike said to which Rumble nodded.

"Well, it's getting late, and I have a feeling this rain is going to get worse, I think it's time to go home," Spike told him.

“Yeah, you're right, and tomorrow we have to cheer for Button,” said Rumble.

At that moment, the 2 went to Spike's house since it was the closest one, something was certain, they would continue fighting regardless of the obstacles, and one thing was certain, one day they would defeat the Dark Crystal Knight.


Meanwhile in Dark Crystal Knight's lair.

"My lord, why did we have to retreat?" Pharynx asked, "We were able to get more information out of him."

The Dark Crystal Knight was going to respond, but at that moment, he fell to the ground.

PAMM.

“My lord,” Pharynx exclaimed and went straight to help him.

"It's nothing, it's just that I used a lot of energy in that battle, that kid, grrr, no one had broken the Crystal Barrier armor," the Dark Crystal Knight said frustrated, even though he won the battle, he felt like a defeat.

Author's Note:

Well, many already wanted to see the Dark Crystal Knight fight, what did you think?

And the power of his bey, is based on Revive Phonix, Phi's bey in Beyblade Burst Turbo.

PreviousChapters Next