• Published 31st May 2021
  • 2,964 Views, 281 Comments

Beyblade EQG - MechaTomX



A teenager discovers his passion for the beyblade, he will show what he is made of in the next great tournament that will decide who is the best blader

  • ...
14
 281
 2,964

PreviousChapters Next
Ep 30: The Battle We Cannot Lose

The battle between Spike and Thorax had begun, their beyblades Emerald Flame and Light Shifter spinning in the beystadium with a lot of power, the beys colliding with each other with an even more epic meaning, because this fight was no longer to advance to the next round of the tournament , it was a fight that represented the pride of the bladers.

“Emerald Flame, go get him,” Spike ordered and at once, Emerald Flame hit Light Shifter hard with a great power.

CLANKKK.

Light Shifter was swaying, but Thorax was still relaxed.

"Tchh, he's relaxed, he's planning on letting this round go to waste so he can copy Emerald Flame's power when he loses," Spike thought, "I have to beat him now, with a Burst Finish."

Emerald Flame kept attacking Light Shifter, but Light Shifter did nothing to hit back.


"Hey, that jerk is making fun of Spike," Rainbow Dash said.

"No Rainbow, it's more than that, it's part of his plan," Twilight Sparkle said.

“Remember that his bey can copy the beys that have defeated him, and since Emerald Flame is very strong, he is confident that he will defeat him in the next round, darling,” Rarity said.


“That guy is more dangerous than he looks,” Flash Sentry said.

"I can confirm that," Smolder said.

Ember nodded, she knew how powerful Thorax and his beyblade Light Shifter were, to win, Spike would need to be careful not to fall into their traps.

"Wait a minute, what are you doing here?" Smolder asked, "You're still in the tournament, you should sit on the benches."

“I found that the bleacher seats are more comfortable,” Flash replied.


Spike, be very careful, Apple Bloom thought.


"I must end this."

"I MUST END THIS NOW," Spike yelled, "EMERALD FLAME USE YOUR SPECIAL MOVE, OVERDRIVE."

Emerald Flame enveloped itself in green flames and with high speed, headed for Light Shifter.


“It has to be a Burst Finish, please make it a Burst Finish,” Rumble said.

“Otherwise Spike will be finished and his arms will be broken,” Button Mash said causing everyone to glare at him.

"Ok i overreacted, his arms will be fine, win or lose."


“Bring it on Spike,” Thorax said, smiling.

Emerald Flame was a few centimeters close to Light Shifter.

CLANKK.

Emerald Flame pulled Light Shifter out of the beystadium.

Come on, burst, burst, BURST, Spike thought nervously.

At that moment a sound was heard.

BURST.

Spike looked over to where Light Shifter fell and saw that he was separated in 3 pieces.

"It can't be, I made it, I made it," Spike yelled excitedly.


"WELL DONE SPIKE," Twilight Sparkle yelled excitedly.

“Hehe, and he's supposed to be the Dark Crystal Knight's right-hand man,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Left hand, right hand appears to be Cozy Glow,” Twilight said.


"Don't you think that was too fast?" Flash Sentry asked.

Ember and Smolder nodded, "Wait a minute, something's wrong, look at Thorax."


Thorax had a serious look but without losing his smile.

"What happened?" Spike asked, "I didn't think he'd take defeat so well."

Celestia: Ring Out, a point for Spike with a score of 0 – 1.

"WHAT?" Spike asked in surprise.


“WHAT?,” the Mane 7 asked in surprise.


"WHAT?" Flash Sentry asked in surprise.


"Impossible," Rumble said.

“He is done,” said Button Mash.

"But Thorax's bey did Burst," said Apple Bloom.


Luna: I see that many are confused, so let us show the replay.

On the screen a replay of the last few seconds was shown, at the moment that Light Shifter flew out of the beystadium, there, it was clearly seen that he was disarmed, but they saw that half a second before, the bey had hit the ground, so technically it was a Ring Out.

Celestia: It was clearly a Ring Out so Thorax still has another chance.

Spike glared at Thorax.

Thorax picked up the pieces of his bey and put them in their respective places while smiling at Spike.

“It seems my time is not yet up, but yours may be drawing near,” Thorax said as his bey glowed.

"Don't underestimate me," Spike replied.

"Damn, he got my power," Spike thought nervously, "Come on Spike, you can't let this guy intimidate you."

Luna: Alright bladers, get ready for round 2.

Thorax and Spike placed their beys on their launchers and got into a battle stance.

Celestia: The countdown begins.

Luna: 3

Celestia: 2

Both: 1

And all the students shouted:

LET IT RIP.

Spike and Thorax forcefully launched their beys into the beystadium, which began to spin colliding with each other.

Spike noticed that Light Shifter began to glow.

"It's going to change its shape," Spike said.

"Light Shifter, go get Emerald Flame," Thorax ordered his bey who had transformed into Emerald Flame.


"Oh no," said Smolder, "It's going to destroy it."

"You have to trust Spike, after all, he's fighting with his soul," Ember told her.


“Spike,” Twilight Sparkle thought as she held onto her skirt with all her might.


Apple Bloom was staring, with a serious look, as if she was waiting for something.


"Now Light Shifter, use Overdrive," Thorax ordered his bey as he addressed Emerald Flame.

But at that moment.

SWISH.

Emerald Flame had disappeared.

"Huh, where did he go?" Thorax asked.

CLANKK.

Light Shifter was hit by Emerald Flame, which fell from above.

“It can't be,” Thorax said as his bey stumbled.

"I've been training, I've always been so focused on knowing what trick you'd use, but you have a weakness, you don't have anything new," Spike told him, smiling.

"I guess you got me," Thorax said.

“You can use Ember's tricks, Smolder's tricks, and even mine, but I already know how they play and how to counter anything you throw at me,” Spike said confidently.


"He's been training for this," Apple Bloom said with a smile, "Now beat him Spike."


"Alright Spike, you got it," Twilight yelled, encouraging her little brother.


In the beystadium Emerald Flame continued to anticipate his clone's attacks.

SWISH.

Emerald Flame dodged Light Shifter's attack.

SWISH.

Emerald Flame dodged Light Shifter's attack again.

SWISH.

“You won't beat me if you keep dodging without attacking,” Thorax said, starting to lose patience.

"I can beat you just by dodging, I have your records, you've only copied beys whose performance tip is flat or semi-flat, in general stats, it doesn't matter who you copy, yours will stop first, giving me an automatic win," Spike explained.


"Wow, I didn't even understand what he said, you should be proud Twi, he learned to speak your brainiac language," Rainbow Dash told Twilight Sparkle.

“Spike is also very smart, even if he doesn't seem so, Rainbow,” Twilight Sparkle replied with a smile.


“Grr, change of plan,” Thorax said as Light Shifter turned into Blood Stone.

"I told you, it doesn't matter what bey Light Shifter turns into," Spike said, "You won't beat me like that."

Thorax with a serious look, put his hand to his ear, he had a communicator, "Mr. Knight, he became stronger, I request permission to use the secret technique."

"Permission granted Thorax," he heard the Dark Crystal Knight's voice over the comlink.

At that moment, Spike began to notice a mysterious aura surrounding Thorax.

"No way," Spike thought, "He's still holding something back."

"LIGHT SHIFTER, IT'S TIME TO USE YOUR SECRET TECHNIQUE, CHANGELING CLONE," Thorax shouted and suddenly Light Shifter began to alternate between different forms, sometimes he changed and was Emerald Flame, other times he was Royal Claw and other times he transformed into Blood Stone.


“It's official, he and his beyblade went crazy,” said Button Mash.

“Looks like it's going to explode,” Rumble added.


But at that moment, Light Shifter started to glow and then…

Light Shifter create 2 other beyblades behind him, they were identical to him, they were…

Clones.

"Oh no," Spike said, "Flame, run away from them."

"Once again, Light Copycat," Thorax ordered his bey, or rather, his beys, to do their special move, as each beyblade glowed it transformed into a different one.

The one on the left transformed into a Blood Stone.

The one on the right transformed into Royal Claw.

And finally the one in the center transformed into Emerald Flame.

"Why does not surprise me?" Spike said to himself as he witnessed Thorax and Light Shifter's new power.

"Now, it's time for you to find out why the Dark Crystal Knight chose me," Thorax said and then ordered his bey to attack, "Light Shifter, triangle formation."

“Flame, dodge,” was all Spike could command his beyblade.

SWISH

SWISH

SWISH

Emerald Flame dodged the attacks of the 3 Light Shifters, but as he did so, Spike felt something strange, something he couldn't stop, something that made him smile.

But at that moment, Emerald Flame was surrounded by the 3 enemy beys.

"Damn," Spike said.

“NOW, TRIANGLE OF DEATH,” Thorax yelled as the 3 beys charged at Emerald Flame.

CLANKK.

Light Shifter and his clones pulled Emerald Flame out of the beystadium.

Celestia: Ring out.

Luna: Which is a point for Thorax, this makes the score tied at 1 – 1.

Several students had been transfixed by the power of Thorax and his beyblade.


“Clones, a strategy I haven't seen,” said Button Mash.

“The Dark Crystal Knight wasn't going to make things easy for him,” Rumble added.

I trust you, Spike, Apple Bloom thought.


“No, just when Spike had it all under control, that guy still had another ace up his sleeve,” Twilight Sparkle said.

“Hey, that's cheating,” Pinkie Pie yelled.

"Yeah, it's unfair, those are cheap shots," Rainbow Dash added, "I mean, it's 3 on 1."


Celestia: I can see there's confusion, but that's a legal technique.

Luna: It doesn't break the rules since technically he only throw a beyblade.

Celestia: However, if one of Thorax's beys bursts or gets knocked out of the beystadium.

Luna: Thorax will have lost the round even if the other 2 beys keep spinning.

“Fair enough,” Thorax said upon hearing the Principals.


“Oh come on,” Sweetie Belle complained, then Scootaloo covered her mouth before she started cursing, “Mphphh mphh.”


"Hehe," Spike laughed.

"What is so funny?" Thorax asked curiously.

"I don't know, I just, for some reason, feel good," Spike replied.

Thorax looked at him for a moment, but after a few seconds he smiled too.

"I see why the Dark Crystal Knight considers you so special," Spike told him as he picked up his bey.

Thorax's bey stopped spinning, causing the 2 clones to vanish, at which point Thorax picked up his bey, "And I can see why he has his eye on you."

Celestia: Alright, get ready for the third and final round.

Luna: This will decide which blader will go to the final.

Celestia: Bladers get ready because the countdown begins.

Spike and Thorax placed their beys on their launchers and got back into battle stance.

Luna: 3

Celestia: 2

Both: 1

And this time, only Spike and Thorax shouted:

LET IT RIP.

Thorax jumped up which he used to propel the launch of his beyblade.

While Spike stood his ground and threw it very quickly, generating a green flame in his hand when he pulled the string.

The moment the 2 beys fell into the beystadium, they left many cracks.

Luna: Speaking of breaking down everything in its path.

Celestia: At least this time it wasn't the structure of the building.

“Light Shifter you know what to do,” Thorax said as Light Shifter summoned his 2 clones which morphed back into the beys he had defeated.

Emerald Flame was running from the 3 Light Shifters.

Spike smiled, "I think I know what's wrong with me."

Thorax watched him carefully.

“I took back something that I had lost, since the day this tournament started,” said Spike, “The excitement and fun that a beybattle can offer us.”

"I like your style," Thorax told him, "I'm glad you're okay, but I won't show you any mercy."

Light Shifter approached Emerald Flame which hit him deflecting the first one, but the other 2 were still behind him.

"Then come with everything you have Thorax," Spike told him and the battle continued.

Thorax smiled and then his beys struck harder.

The beys started to collide with each other, Emerald Flame had a bit more difficult situation for fighting against 3 beys at the same time, but it was stable.

“SHIFTER,” Thorax yelled excitedly.

"FLAME," Spike yelled excitedly.


All the students were fascinated by such a display of power between beyblades and bladers.

“FIGHT SPIKE, FIGHT,” his sister cheered from the stands.


"DON'T GIVE UP SPIKE, YOU CAN DO IT," his friends encouraged him.

“SPIKE, I KNOW YOU'RE THE BEST, THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU,” his girlfriend encouraged.


While other students had sided with Thorax.

“THORAX, WIN THIS.”

"THE VICTORY WILL BE YOURS THORAX."

“USE THE POWER OF YOUR CLONES.”


At that moment, Spike felt the same aura on Thorax, and for some strange reason he could see a strange equine creature with insect wings and a horn manifest behind Thorax.

"IT'S TIME TO USE ALL OUR SHIFTER POWER, TRIANGLE OF DEATH," Thorax yelled as Light Shifter and his clones surrounded Emerald Flame like before.

Spike smiled, "I told you not to underestimate me."

Thorax felt a mysterious aura surround Spike and for some reason, he could see some kind of dragon manifest behind Spike.

"NOW FLAME, LET'S RISK EVERYTHING, BECAUSE NOTHING WILL STOP US IN THIS TOURNAMENT, OVERDRIVE," Spike shouted as Emerald Flame engulfed himself in green flames, at the same time that he was trapped by Light Shifter's Triangle of Death.

When he was no longer able to escape, Emerald Flame was hit many times by the Light Shifters.

CLANKK.

CLANKK.

CLANKK.

"Hold on a little longer, Flame."

The 3 beys were getting closer to Emerald Flame.

"GYAHHHH," Spike yelled.

At that moment.

Emerald Flame and the 3 Light Shifters were shot towards the ceiling.

"It can't be, he resisted," Thorax said, "But it all ends here Spike."

"So you say," Spike said, "FLAME, NOW."

With the last of her strength, Emerald Flame managed to descend even faster hitting the 3 Light Shifters.

“No, is not possible,” Thorax said.

"Nothing is impossible Thorax," Spike said.

At that time many students did not see the beys falling, they saw a small dragon pushing an insectoid equine creature into the beystadium.

And at the moment of colliding.

BOOM.

A huge explosion shook the beystadium and the entire gym.

That explosion sent all 3 Light Shifters shooting out of the beystadium almost hitting Thorax in the process, "Ahhh."

Everyone in the gym, even Spike, gasped.

At that moment the 2 clones of Light Shifter vanished.

Celestia: Certainly, that came out of nowhere.

Luna: But you have to stand firm, so with a Ring Out, the winner of this battle and the one who will go to the next round is.

Both: Spike.

All the students applauded.


"I can't believe it" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"I would never have seen that one coming" Twilight Sparkle said.


"Spike made it," Smolder said in surprise.

“He kept his promise,” Ember said.


"He did it, he did it," celebrated Rumble and Button.


Spike looked at the stands, he could hear the voices of his friends who believed in him.

And in that moment.

PMFTT.

Spike was tackled by Apple Bloom who came over to give him a big hug.

"You did great Spike," Apple Bloom said and then kissed him on the cheek.

“That was a victory kiss? Because I like it,” Spike said blushing.

"You did great," Spike and Apple Bloom heard Thorax approach, "Despite everything I threw at you, you didn't give up, maybe I don't deserve it but excuse my attitude a few days ago, I just want you to know that I respect you as a blader.”

Thorax proceeded to withdraw.

"Wait," Spike said, "That battle was amazing, you were the star of the show with that clone attack, and what I'd like to say, your bey seemed to react very well to you, you seem to have a strong bond, and a person with that kind of bond with his bey can't be a bad person."

Thorax smiled, "I, I was only recruited because the Dark Crystal Knight did a lot for me, I just hope that one day, when this is all over, we can be friends."

Thorax left the place.

Spike smiled.

"I'm sure you can be friends," Apple Bloom told him.

"Thorax, thank you."


In the lair of the Dark Crystal Knight.

Thorax knocked on the door.

knock

knock

"Come in."

Thorax entered and saw the Dark Crystal Knight in his chair, he was watching the battle through his screen.

“I must admit, I was impressed by you, Thorax,” the Dark Crystal Knight told him.

Thorax smiled.

"Yeah, no kidding, he got so excited he fell off his chair multiple times," added Cozy Glow.

“I think he didn't need to know that,” the Dark Crystal Knight said, turning away.

“Well, I think you know what I'm here for,” Thorax told him as he handed Light Shifter over.

"What? I dont understand" asked the Dark Crystal Knight.

"The deal was to beat Spike, I couldn't keep it," Thorax said, "So I don't deserve Light Shifter."

"Thorax, I know I asked you to defeat Spike, but I realized that you are a great blader, don't feel inferior to anyone even if you have lost," the Dark Crystal Knight replied.

“Thank you very much,” was all Thorax could say as he tried to hide his tears.

“I think Light Shifter would be better off with you,” the Dark Crystal Knight told her as he handed Light Shifter back.

“I, I promise I'll get stronger,” Thorax said as he backed away with Light Shifter.

“That was very nice of you,” Cozy Glow said, “Do you need to keep up those supervillain looks?”

“There are things that cannot be easily explained, Cozy,” the Dark Crystal Knight said as he removed his mask waiting for the right moment.

Author's Note:

Well, Thorax wasn't that evil, but the important thing is that there are no more minions of the Dark Crystal Knight in the tournament.

PreviousChapters Next