• Published 19th Apr 2021
  • 9,897 Views, 159 Comments

Game of Pones - Fuggmann



The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. Just as the Crystal Empire emerges from their 1000 year exile, Sombra finds his reign of terror cut short, and a new king rises to the throne (RGRE)

  • ...
26
 159
 9,897
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 53 )

Can't wait for next chapter! This is great πŸ‘

I wonder if they'll be the first with magic telephones or whatever

β€œGood.” You lick your dry lips. β€œRound up the Ministers. I want a meeting started five minutes ago.”

Ooooh this gets the ideas going I cannot wait to see what comes of this.

I hope the next chapter doesn't take too long to come, this is goooooooood shit

Looking forward to more chapters.

YESSSSS! This chapter is just what I needed for today! Thank you! I hope to see more soon!

Guess who's back
Back again

Ayyy I love ya man

I should be sleeping, but this is some good shit.

The young mare sighs shakily. β€œA-After the Crystal Heart’s barrier went back up, I had some of the few appearances we could spare go and check the perimeter and the area just beyond the dome.

I think that should read 'apprentices'.

Hopefully this story will continue

11024771
Fixed. Thankee much.

How long until Cadence arrives and realizes she’s not getting the sparkly kingdom she was promised by auntie Celly? I’m curious of how that’s going to be played here, but I’m really hoping she’s going to make a fool of herself.

Looking forward to how you play this out. Wonder if you play it as Candence being a spoiled brat wanting the throne or being paranoid and being a general nuisance or have her be understanding and negotiate. Many previous authors who do this premise chose the spoiled brat route, interested to see which yo take

β€œThe Oath of the Royal Guard is not just an oath, but a verbal spell keyed to the Crystal Heart. The Royal Guard are the greatest defenders of the royal family, and are thus afforded a stronger connection to the Heart so they can fulfil their duties with greater vigor.” Quill is swiftly becoming an expert at reading your face, because she answers your next question before you can even ask; β€œNot just anyone can take the Oath, as the Heart itself judges the intentions of the one taking the Oath. If the words are forced or uttered with other intentions in mind, the connection won’t form.”

So the Royal Guards are D&D 5e paladins?
Neat!

I'm glad that your back man and eager to see where this story is going however I may offer some advice. Whenever your about to be gone a long time(2 months to a year) or going on hiatus and still plan on finishing the story, making a blog about your intentions to do so is invaluable, because with no updates about the story for such a long time I though it was abandoned. Please note that if you've already done so on another website or your patreon then a lot people aren't going to see it. Either way I've been loving your story so far and I hope your doing well during hard times.

β€œWe do, Sire.” Lazuli looks up, your big blue eyes meeting yours. β€œWe are sworn in as defenders of the Empire, but being a Royal Guard is an entirely different and supremely important matter.”

I believe her would be a better word to use.

11024892
Fixed. Thankee

And so the Information Age begins with the Crystal Empire.

I imagine a certain Alicorn of Love and her consort are going to end up in a much stranger position in this branch of the timestream...

11025041
You got that right, because if Cadence comes to the Crystal Empire, trying to claim the rights to the throne by right of blood and birthright, the Crystal ponies will be screaming for her head for her houses betrayal and cowardice.

Loving this! If I could give another thumbs up I would.

Fantastic chapter, and I absolutely love the world building you did surrounding the oath and the way rune crafting works in this world. It was all deeply interesting but didn't feel like am overly long info dump, especially punctuated as it was by great character moments. Glad to see the story is back, and looking forward to seeing more of it!

β€œWhat I am wanting is a communications network first for the entire palace, and then expanded out into the city. I want you to create a network of... β€˜switches’ designed to route, boost...”

Sorry, but I think there is a "to" missing after designed.

I feel he is going to run into some culture shock eventually, somepony just needs to start talking.

11025143

That is unlikely. Coming into a clearly functional (if damaged) Empire with a fully working Heart doesn't strike me as "time to usurp the throne". The second she's in range, she'd know what's up.

On the other hand, as an expatriate of sorts, there's a good chance she ends up a diplomat. Cadence was never ambitious, only caring.

Just read this the other week. glad to see it's got an update and it's in your top form as always fuggman. looking forward to more.

Thanks again Fuggman for another amazing chapter. There are so few of these Human ruling the Crystal empire fics out there that it's great to see a new one show up, and one so well written. I'm excited to see where the story takes us next. Good luck with your next chapter, and as always have fun writing.

Princess Cadence is now the princess of nothing. Not you can sit home all day and do nothing but doing shipping fanfics. Making her the princess of love to the princess of shipping because she took too long and lost her Birthright.

They're not gonna be happy with the princesses...

Excited for more!

Another amazing chapter. Very much appreciated.

Hope Anon has a lot of patience, because he's gonna find that dealing with pompous nobles with an excess of entitlement will be a running theme of being king. The small taste he got in this chapter is just a faint whisper of what lies in store.

"I don't want to associate with the poors," is a sentence he'll be hearing a lot.

Regarding the concern given by Baroque, programming has the same problem. Many people think anyone can program, but that is very wrong. It's bad enough that anyone who could learn true programming is quickly poisoned by misleading and false information readily available online. Finding the good parts is difficult, even if you know what you are looking for, and newbies certainly do not. Sensible statements are often met with ridicule by the swarms of coders who can't make anything but gigantic blobs of trash that run at minimum thousands of times slower than a well-written equivalent would. That is not an exaggeration. I've seen software written following "best practices" with common tools that runs literally a million times slower than software written with methods that the typical coder refuses to touch! Imagine ideas so insidiously mediocre that they're causing the collapse of civilization. That's not an exaggeration either. For the curious, here are some videos that explain some of the problem:
Twitter and Visual Studio Rant
The Thirty Million Line Problem
Preventing the Collapse of Civilization

11031915
Indeed. This is why you don't just give free lessons. You set up a proper master/apprentice tradition to prevent bootcampers from diluting your field into the fucking ground.

Ahh this is so great. I only regret that I read some of this before it was ready. I hope you continue it.

This is pretty dang awesome! When's the next update?

This is so well written!
Oh amazing this story is

You better continue this

Hoping this continues. I really like the image you're having the king project, from his body language to his words. It's a great take on someone having power and responsibility and not abusing one for the sake of the other.

This is getting good~ You have been Fav'd and Followed my good sir/ma'am. XD

Great starte and the intro summary got me think of the song big iron:twilightsmile:

Glad to see another chapter here. I very much delayed on reading it though. Hope to see more soon and put out a tad bit quicker but I also understand it takes time to write.

Please update! Its been too long!πŸ˜£πŸ˜­πŸ™πŸ™‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

What a fantastic story, well written and thoroughly interesting. The characters are well made and the introduction to the story gets to the point without the ridiculous intro most of this sort seem to have.

I hope this story continues to update. Well done.

Now I see why I liked this story. It's written by the same guy who is writing junior! I love that story too! You have a good grasp of writing and story telling. I look forward to the updates!

You should really continue with this story,it’s amazing 😁😁❀️

godammit NOF, finish your freaking stories!

10777216
7 Months since the author was last on this site.... It does not bode well for the story.

Still hoping for new chapters for this story and ''Junior''.

RIP story. It was cancelled before it had a chance to shine

Good story, too bad it ended abruptly before it started.

Login or register to comment