• Published 22nd Mar 2021
  • 16,153 Views, 1,184 Comments

That Particular Instance I Performed Metempsychosis As An Equine Named After A Piece Of Silverware - Yuri Fanatic



Silver Spoon. Derived from the phrase "born with a silver spoon in your mouth," which implies being born into wealth, privilege, and now a pony too apparently.

  • ...
32
 1,184
 16,153

A Quick Explanation of the NMM Arc (Massive Spoilers)

Author's Note:

Appletank:

I don't really get how Luna comes back? It seems she gets knocked out between her fight with SS and then disappears.

Explanation of Nightmare Moon

At the time when Celestia used the Elements of Harmony on NMM, Luna and NMM were both the same pony. NMM was simply Luna's shadow-given life way back then, a childhood friend who would listen and be a shoulder to cry on whenever Luna felt like she was overshadowed by her sister. Luna called her shadow "Night", and as Luna's hatred grew, so did Night's resentment of Celestia for causing her best friend to suffer so. She was created to be Luna's companion, and as a programmed spell, Night thought the best way to prevent her creator from suffering any longer was to remove Celestia from Luna's life.

It was then when Luna's hate became at its apex, Night offered to lend Luna her power to defeat her sister, allowing them both to unite in both body and mind, creating Nightmare Moon. Celestia battled with her sister, and having realized NMM's power overpowering her own, she was forced to use the Elements of Harmony on her. Luna and Night were separated upon being blasted, their body being sealed on the moon while their "spirits" were lost within the dream realm.

Night lived the years on the moon in complete isolation, fully believing that Celestia "killed" Luna. Years of planning and years of resentment turned into hatred. She wanted revenge for her best friend dying at the hooves of her. However, she didn't just want to kill her. She wanted to continue Luna's legacy of taking over Equestria to become the respected and beloved ruler Luna always wanted to be. So she plotted and went into the dreams of her loyal subjects to stage a coup upon her return.

Luna, however, was still alive in spirit. She was lost in the dark dreamscape where everypony's nightmares and fears lay. Her own hatred and fears consumed her, turning her into a Nightmare Queen, spawning night terrors that plagued everypony's dreams for the past thousand years. Night would naturally try to protect them, destroying these night terrors and spending her days finding the source of this evil. It was only on the night of NMM's prophesized return, Nightmare Luna would meet with Night and shock her to her core. Taking advantage of Night's shock, Luna would consume her and merge once more, NMM reborn again. Only this time, NMM discarded Night's carefully laid out plans in favor of simply enacting revenge on her sister and sealing her.

It was only when Twilight and her friends used the Elements of Harmony on her again, Night would be conscious once more and want Luna to redeem herself. So by taking away all the corruption from Luna, she would sacrifice herself and tell Luna to forget about her hatred of Celestia and find it in herself to forgive her sister. Only then she might have a second chance at life and earn everypony's respect and love. Luna, being left truly alone after Night's death, would embrace Celestia out of fear of being alone again.

Of course, with the timeline being changed with Silver Spoon, NMM would be knocked out, allowing Night to regain control of her own body, and suppressing Luna into the deepest reaches of her mind. She would flee, occasionally showing up to protect ponykind from massive threats to Equestria, such as the Changeling Invasion. She also would stay in isolation once more, trying her best to keep her best friend contained, seeing if there was any way to purge her hatred from her to save her.


Celestia opened her eyes, hoping that Twilight and her friends proceeded along as planned. She was her last hope, the last hail Mary to save her long-lost sister. However, instead of seeing her friends stand triumphant over Luna's purified body, she saw a group of fillies standing over a defeated Nightmare Moon. She blinked her eyes. This wasn't the plan.

Then she saw Nightmare Moon's body slowly stand up, staggering off balance. Celestia immediately took action, rushing in to catch the group of fillies in her wing before jumping back at the expected retaliation. However, nothing came.

The fillies stood there confused, some awestruck from just seeing her. She paid it no heed, her attention lay solely on the monster that took her sister away. She felt her throat threatening to growl at the sight of her. "Nightmare Moon, why do you still stand?" She asked.

The monster looked at her, but something was different. When she first fought her, before she was sealed in the moon, she clashed blades and lasers at a true monster. A being completely consumed with hatred and rage, comparable to a feral beast throwing around massive blasts of magic out of spite. However, instead of a face of cruelty and rage, the being in front of her had a calm, calculative expression. The monster's eyes narrowed into vertical slits, eyes that spoke with newfound clarity and intelligence. "Oh, it's you." The monster said with disdain, but it lacked any malice that it had before. "I must say, this isn't what I imagined my return to be like." She said with, annoyance.

Celestia blinked again. 'I' and 'me'? Those weren't words Luna- Nightmare Moon referred to herself as. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking at now. Was this the monster that first attacked her those thousands of years ago? The same monster that returned and attacked her before sealing her on the moon? It didn't matter. "Bring back my sister, now." She growled, her wings pushing back the fillies that she recently had rescued.

The monster's eyes narrowed at her. "No, she's done too much damage already." She said, her voice sounded with cold apathy. "I will leave this place. I must take steps to address the problems you've made, and will make." The monster said cryptically as she turned around.

"No, you don't!" Celestia shouted, casting a magical barrier around herself. The barrier then expanded, pushing the fillies away as it overlapped Nightmare Moon and castle ruins, forming a magical dome that prevented entry or exit. "I'm not leaving without my sister!" She declared, standing defiantly with her wings brought to bear.

Nightmare Moon turned around to face her, her expression filled with irritation. "Luna wasn't your sister the moment she embraced me." The monster stated coldly.

"You took her away from me!" Celestia screamed, launching a beam of magic at the monster.

Nightmare Moon erected a shield in front of her, the laser splashing and dissipating into nothing. After the display of light faded, Celestia saw that the monster's expression shifted to that of barely contained rage. "I, took her away from you?" The nightmare creature said calmly, taking one step forward. Then the monster laughed, a maddened laugh. A laugh of pain and anguish that wasn't present in any of the last two encounters she had with her.

Then her eyes locked with hers. "YOU TOOK HER AWAY, FROM ME!" She yelled a scream of pain that had accumulated over a thousand years.

This caused Celestia to flinch, the barrier flickering from the pure resentment the dark alicorn radiated. "You don't deserve to see her, not after what you've done." The monster said with restrained contempt. "And now, I am left to fix what's left of her, no thanks to you." She said with pure disgust. Then, with a flap of her wings, she soared, breaking through the weakened barrier and into the night.

Celestia collapsed on the ground as she saw the monster- Nightmare Moon disappear from her sight.

Comments ( 14 )

A very novel interpretation, I've never seen Luna/Nightmare presented in such a way. Very interesting!

With the latest I have read in this and the previous entry, I can't help but think that Silver Spoon was going to end up becoming a background character in his own story.

11910433
Not quite. Silver Spoon would have befriended Night in the dreamscape. She would come clean about her origins to her and her insights to the future, something they both would like to prevent as the many disasters Celestia would let happen would come to fruition. She would also try and successfully convince her that she can peacefully have the ponies listen to her. However upon her return, she would have noticed something wrong with the drastic change in behavior when Nightmare Moon returns and announces to plunge the world in eternal night at the Ponyville town hall.

Upon Nightmare Moon's return, she would know Celestia's plan to use Twilight and her friends to use the Elements of Harmony, thus she would seal them along with Celestia. No trickery or anything involved. This is where Silver Spoon and her friends would come in to save the Main 6, Celestia, and Night from Nightmare Luna.

Silver Spoon would also be directly responsible for the return of the three Witches in Gen 1 due to her mistakenly releasing the Heart of Darkness. She does this by exploring the Witch's former base on the Volcano of Doom to find an ingredient to help Applebloom regenerate her eye after it's been poked out after an origami war.

Silver Spoon would have been able to aid in the Changeling Invasion due to her Everfree Forest Venus Flytrap living off of an infinite source of parasprites and growing to the point where it can swallow Changelings whole.

The Witches would resurrect Sombra and return his memories from Gen 1, being another witch in a past life. Sombra and the Witches would take over the Penguin Kingdom and invade the Crystal Empire.

Silver Spoon would have gained a proficiency for Dark Magic thanks to her training with Zecora, her human soul being a naturally gifted for dark magic, and possessing the Alicorn Amulet after redeeming Trixie.

Since half of Sombra's power is sealed in the Alicorn Amulet, he would send his army to capture Silver Spoon to retrieve the Amulet. Celestia teleports her out of harms way into the cold frozen outskirts of the Crystal Empire. She meets with a group of nomadic Snow Ponies, then convinces them to inflintrate the Penguin kingdom to rescue the Penguin King and save the Crystal Empire.

Then there's the whole time traveling Cozy Glow mess where Cozy Glow is another reincarnated human that wants to reset the timeline so he can experience a "genuine" Isekai life without Silver Spoon's changes to the timeline. Cozy Glow does this by trying to "save" Silver Spoon from being killed and reincarnated in the first place, in the human world. Silver Spoon has to choose between stopping Cozy Glow and letting himself die to a truck, or to save himself and erase his entire existence and his friendships in MLP. Obviously, he chooses the latter.

There's also Discord and Tirek, but since the Main 6 never saved the day they never really got all that familiar with each other, always constantly failing. So Silver Spoon and her friends have to save the day with... unorthodox methods.

Silver Belle also has an affinity for pyromania since everything she touches spontaneously combusts. She also wants to be a singer, in the form of a rockstar. So her beats are sick and her lyrics are fire, literally, as she can roast the shit out of ponies and set them on fire.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders would also get their own cutiemarks that aren't... getting cutiemarks.

So yeah, Silver Spoon is very much still a main character.

11910443

always constantly failing

well thats a little concerning. That sounds like the mane 6 were just gonna be a group of naive losers that would always need to be saved by silverspoon and friends.

the more I read the more the longing for this concept is so cool I wonder if Megan could be reborn in this verse?

11910531
To be fair, Hasbro seemed content on letting Celestia take that role of always constantly failing, only to say "it was part of her MaStEr PlAN all along!" I'd say it's fair to let the Main 6 take that role here while SS fixes their problems in the most unorthodox and entertaining ways as possible.

neato, thanks. also equestria prevails is always cool

11910846
Well wait if the main 6 are such losers then how would twilight ever become princess at all?

11911258
I didn't think that far. I would have just assumed Celestia would have at least made the attempt considering Princess Twilight was the only possible "good ending" she would have gleamed from her future sight before she lost it. I might have been a fruitless endeavor, but having an extra Alicorn on hand wouldn't hurt Equestria. The only thing Silver Spoon would have had an issue with is with the loss of Twilight's library during her battle with Tirek and the fact that Celestia never really gave Twilight a choice on the matter, something she would try to rectify.

OOOOOOOOOOO more plot ideas and brainstorming, I love it

still sad that the story is cancelled, but thanks for letting us see more of the writers room

Well, it a fun journey. Adios!

Login or register to comment