• Published 22nd Mar 2021
  • 15,695 Views, 1,136 Comments

That Particular Instance I Performed Metempsychosis As An Equine Named After A Piece Of Silverware - Yuri Fanatic



Silver Spoon. Derived from the phrase "born with a silver spoon in your mouth," which implies being born into wealth, privilege, and now a pony too apparently.

  • ...
29
 1,136
 15,695

Family Calls

"Put it in with the rest?! Just how many complaints does this town have for that mare?" The light grey unicorn huffed as she walked away from Mayor Mare's office. She had sent her complaint personally to the grey-maned mare, but instead of taking her complaint seriously, she had put her request in a nearby drawer that was labeled 'Rainbow Dash'. The very same drawer had already been filled to the brim with papers of similar origin.

"This is simply ludicrous. Does that mare not have her own mailbox? How is anypony supposed to contact her?" Rarity complained out loud. Of all the times she needed to talk to the blue pegasus, she was always either on the scene or just a few meters up in the air to easily get her attention. Now, however, she was nowhere in sight. It hadn't occurred to her how any other ponies managed to contact her up to this point.

With an exasperated sigh, Rarity held her hoof to the bridge of her nuzzle. The unicorn had already visited the post office, yet when she asked to have her mail delivered to the troublesome pegasus, all the staff members collectively cringed at the mention of her name. Not only had they refused service, but they also haven't bothered giving a reason why she can't just send her letter. Just what was going on with that mare's mailbox? Rarity thought to herself.

She then immediately froze in her place. "The mailmare! Of course!" She face-hoofed in exclamation. This was of course the grey pegasus that had delivered her the mail every few days. Although she got the addresses confused for the first couple of deliveries, she had gotten better at it over time. Sorta. Sometimes there were mishaps with her, but she quickly took back her deliveries and fixed her mistakes whenever there were any. "Oh what was her name?" Rarity brought her foreleg up to her chin in thought. "Was it... Derpy? No Ditzy! Ditzy Doo!"

The unicorn immediately jumped into gear and surveyed the cottages around Ponyville for the familiar pegasus. She darted around the marketplace, Café Hay, and the town hall. "Ahah!" Her eyes immediately spotted the mare right by Sugarcube Corner, holding a brown bag filled with pastries no doubt. She galloped towards Ditzy, startling the mare. "Miss Doo! Your name is Ditzy Doo right?" Rarity before after catching her breath.

The mare before her was a light sapphire bluish-gray mare, sporting a pale yellowish mane. She was most definitely a pegasus and she was currently staring at Rarity with one eye while the other was crossed in another direction. "Um, yes?" Ditzy answered, before slowly recognizing the unicorn from one of her mistake mail runs. "Rarity? Is there something I can help you with?" The mare asked while still holding her bag in her mouth.

"Why yes! Yes, you can!" Rarity pulled an envelope out of her satchel with her mouth. "Could you please deliver this letter to Rainbow Dash?" She asked hopefully, "That is if you aren't too preoccupied. I wouldn't want to impose."

"Oh, muffins. I'm sorry Miss Rarity. I'm not on my shift right now," Ditzy Doo apologized. "and I need to pick up my little Dinky from magic practice."

"Magic practice? Oh that reminds me, I need to get my little sister to move her magic practice here in Ponyville." Rarity said, mostly to herself. "Well then, that's a shame. Taking care of your sister is your first priority, I understand."

"Sister?" Ditzy tilted her head quizzically.

"Oh she isn't your sister?" Rarity asked.

"Oh no, my little Dinky is my daughter." Ditzy clarified with a small chuckle.

"D-Daughter!? But you look so young!" Rarity touched her cheek, suddenly feeling inferior about her youth.

"Eheh," The grey pegasus laughed reluctantly and blushed while scratching the back of her head, "yes I have a daughter."

"What year is she going to?" Rarity asked, her addiction to gossip already fueling her interest.

"She's in the first year." Ditzy answered.

"That's the same year Sweetie Belle is going to..." Rarity thought out loud. "Um, if I may ask a personal question, do you have a foalsitter?"

"A foalsitter?" Ditzy's expression widened a bit, not expecting that line of question at all. "Well actually my cousin, once-removed, currently watches over my daughter while I go off for work."

"Oh... I see..." Rarity said, a tad disappointed by the revaluation.

Despite Ditzy's vision, she could clearly see the less enthused mare. "Were you... going to offer to be my foalsitter?"

"What?! No, of course not- well if you are looking for one then I wouldn't mind helping." Rarity abashedly offered.

Ditzy pondered at this for a couple of seconds. She was slowly registering Rarity's words as her right eye slowly turned upwards, causing the unicorn to grow slightly nervous as time went on. "Hmm... I don't know. My little Dinky isn't really good with new ponies..."

"But this could be a good opportunity! Sweetie Belle and your daughter will be going to magic practice anyways and the both of them could learn something from interacting with other fillies their age. Who knows, they might even be friends." Rarity edged on with convincing words and a smile.

"Hmm... Well Amethyst Star could use a break from Dinky. I know she's trying to find a job in the office..." Ditzy reasoned to herself. "Will this cost anything?" The pegasus asked.

"Oh no, of course not. I'll take care of her free of charge!" Rarity boldly offered.

Surprised by the light grey unicorn's generosity, Ditzy reluctantly agreed. "Alright Miss Rarity, you've convinced me."

"Oh no, please call me Rarity. We've met each other far too many times to continue calling each other that." The unicorn smiled and extended her hoof.

"Alright, Rarity. Well if that's the case then you can call my Ditzy then." The pegasus shared her smile and shook hooves. "Oh, but uh, could you perhaps schedule this another time? I really need to get going-"

"Oh no no, please don't let me take you for any longer. I'll be seeing you!" Rarity started to walk away while waving goodbye.

"Goodbye Rarity." Ditzy waved back as she extended her wings out and flew away.



Rarity walked for a couple of minutes out of Sugarcube Corner before coming to a halt. "Oh dear Celestia I forgot the letter!" She shouted to herself before craning her neck around to see Ditzy nowhere in sight. The unicorn panicked momentarily before she forced herself to breathe slowly. "Okay okay, calm down Rarity. No problem. You just befriended the mailmare and offered to foalsit her daughter. The letter can wait. Ditzy will no doubt send your letter for you in exchange for this little favor you're doing. Everything is completely fine." The mare took a deep breath in before exhaling. "I'm in no rush."


"And this is the snack place!" Dia informed me as we slowly walked across the cobblestone street.

"The snack place?" I repeated deadpanned. We both had decided to have Dia take me around town to introduce me to all the places that she liked. It was a good opportunity to see the places I haven't yet and familiarize myself with the town I live in. However, for the past few places, she gave me a few odd names for a couple of establishments, which is understandable since the grade we're in is in the process of learning how to read properly.

"Well, yeah! There's Sugarcube Corner, Flowers and Snacks, that one place where they make and sell candy, the milkshake bar, that's my favorite by the way." The pink filly whispered that last part.

"That's a lot of sweets I'll say." I remarked, taking the view around me. There were buildings surrounding the plaza, all of them surrounding the giant pink fountain with a statue of a pony I don't recognize. The closest buildings were an array of different confectionery shops, each specializing in a certain type of candy. It's actually quite astounding to see the excessive amount of stores dedicated solely to supplying the pony populace with sugar. "Sheesh, there's so many."

"Right? And guess what I have?" Dia turned towards me before smirking.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"My allowance!" Dia pulled out a sack of coins in her hoof. "Daddy just started giving me a bonus for the both of us so we can hang out more!" She smiled at me.

"Oh, that's nice." I simply said, not particularly impressed at this either.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Dia noticed my apathy.

"Eh, I never get allowances. It was a pain to convince my father that I could go outside. I even had to convince him not to have staff follow me around." I said exasperatedly.

"Isn't that normal though?" The rich filly furrowed her brows.

"Hmm? How so?" I raised a brow in return.

"I have staff following me around everywhere. Mr. Garrison is over there looking over me." She pointed behind me.

Turning around I could see a frail old stallion wearing glasses and a red bowtie several meters away, waving towards us the moment he noticed our gazes turning towards him. "Wa- was he there the entire time?" I asked while taken aback.

"Yeah! He also carries stuff I ask him to whenever I go shopping!" Dia informed with a smile.

"That's... a little creepy." I say, a little weary from noticing the much-too-old-to-be-working butler.

"It is?" Dia asked.

"Eh, whatever." I dismissed the thought. "So where are we going to next?"

"Well, I was hoping for you to decide."

"Huh?" I replied.

"I've already been to all these places, but you haven't yet. So I want you to have your first pick!" Dia chirped.

"Oh, well let's see..." I brought a foreleg to my chin. Well I could go to Sugarcube Corner and see Pinkie Pie. Although that could be a problem in itself. I never had a birthday of my own, father always said it was pointless to celebrate something that was inevitable in the first place. That, and I know that Pinkie gets really crazy when meeting new ponies she has never seen before. Going there now will probably start a series of events that causes a huge party to make up for the birthdays I've missed. And considering it's been six whole years since I've been reborn, yeah I'm not going to deal with that right now. That entire ordeal sounds like a pain in the ass.

"Eh," I shifted my gaze towards another confectionary, "how about there?" I pointed there.

"There?" Dia asked, showing mild disappointment.

"What? Is there something wrong with that shop?" I questioned.

"No, there's nothing wrong. The candy there is okay, just not my favorite that's all." Dia oddly remarked.

"Huh, well I'll see to that myself." I proceeded to walk in that direction.



The door swung open as it hit a bell hanging above, the chime letting the owners know that a potential customer has arrived. A light aquamarine unicorn with a stripped light cyan and white mane walked towards the main room. From the moment she revealed herself instantly recognized her, and in my blunder, I spoke. "Lyra?"

"Huh?" The aquamarine unicorn eyed me skeptically. "Have we met before?"

Oh fuck. Why did you say her name out loud you dumbass?! "Oh! No no, not personally. I just heard mention of you at one of my father's gatherings. His name is Silversmith."

"S-Silversmith!? The Silversmith? You're his kid?" The mare seemed bewildered by this fact.

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered. Diamond Tiara was too busy staring at me to help.

"And he mentioned me?! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh, Bon Bon!" The lyrist shouted towards the back. "The kid of Silversmith is here and my name was mentioned at one of his gatherings!" She galloped in place in her excitement.

"Sorry, what is going on out there?" A light apple gray mare with a stripped dark-blue and pink mane walked out of the back and towards the front counter. She had an apron on her while carrying a bowl of mixed ingredients. "Lyra what in Equestria are you shouting about?"

"I said, the kid of Silversmith is here and said that my name was mentioned-" Lyra started to repeat before having her lips shut closed by the apple grey mare.

"Alright, calm down and stir this for me." Bon Bon nonchalantly pushed her bowl into Lyra's hooves before manning the counter. "Alright kid, what is it that you wanted to order." She peered down at the both of us, getting straight to business.

"Oh... I-I want..." I quickly scanned the room for some kind of sign, then I realized there weren't any.

"Can I have one bag of candy drops? Oh yeah and one bag for my friend too!" Dia answered for me before stepping up and sliding a couple of gold coins on the counter.

"Alright, two bags drops coming right up." Bon Bon answered as she slid the coins into her hooves and started to rummage through a glass drawer.

Lyra obviously wanted to ask more questions as her eyes glanced at me a couple of times, but was currently using her magic to stir the bowl that was handed to her.

"Alright, here you go." Bon Bon reached over the counter to hand us our bags of candy. The bag itself appeared to be a knitted bag filled with colorfully wrapped hard candy.

"Oh hey! I saw you two earlier today!" A chirp came from a set of stairs beside the counter. Our eyes glanced upwards to see the familiar sight of Twist. "I didn't get eithser of your names."

The violating sound of her accent stabbed my ears as I flattened them in response. Oh god, not her again. Of course I had nothing personal against the filly, but the sound of her accent had violated my sense of social etiquette that was drilled into me at an early age. Each lisp that was uttered was no short of being physically painful to hear. At least Applebloom's accent was funny to hear, but Twist's accent had a unique vex that went against the grain of being around nobles and aristocrats.

"Oh, hi there. My name is Diamond Tiara!" The pink filly smiled.

NO! Dia don't introduce yourself!

"My name's Twist! I'm glad you came to my sister's shop! I helped make thsose sweets you're holding." The amberish gray filly informed cheerfully while pointing at our bags.

"Oh cool! I remember you said something in school about helping your sister with making candy." Dia said.

"Yeah, I did. Thsis is her shop!" Twist chirped.

"Oh, so you all know each other from school then?" Bon Bon remarked from her counter.

"Hey, when can I stop stirring?" Lyra asked, before getting stared down by daggers from Bon Bon.

I turned my attention to Bon Bon in hopes that I'd avoid a conversation with the troubled filly. "We're classmates, we just had a lesson on the sun and sugar. That's when the subject of your shop came up."

"Ah, that makes sense." Bon Bon replied, quickly losing interest afterward.

Hmm, now if I recall, wasn't Bon Bon a secret agent or something? I walked beside the counter to peek at her cutie mark. It definitely matched my memory of a trio of wrapped sweets. She also did own a confectionary and made sweets. Taking one of the sweets in my bag, I unwrapped it and popped it in my mouth. Hard, but sweet and chewy on the inside. How was she a secret agent? Especially in a backwater town like this? I sighed. This made no sense.

My gaze went up to Lyra, who still happened to be stirring while occasionally eyeing me. She still has no idea either. I mused. If my memory is correct, Lyra should just be a normal pony who has a talent for playing the lyre. All those ideas that Lyra knew about humans and was obsessed with hands were purely fan-canon. She shouldn't know about humans if things are canon here. Then my trail of thought started to go down a darker path. But what if she does?

I quickly made a skeptical look at the aquamarine unicorn with intense doubt. I couldn't just ask her if she knew anything about humans. If she does know then that immediately puts suspicion on me. If she doesn't then that would just make me look weird, if she didn't see me as weird already. I shook my head. This is stupid. If I really want to confirm this, then I just need to make a subtle off-handed reference to humans and see how she reacts. It's this simple.

"So Twist," I joined the ongoing conversation between Diamond Tiara and the dorky filly, "you give your sister a helping hand from time to time?"

Suddenly the sound of a crash resounded throughout the main room. "Lyra! You ruined the whole batch!" Bon Bon shouted at the unicorn.

"U-Uh oh, I'm so sorry Bon Bon. My bad." Lyra apologized, before picking up globs of sticky candy and shattered ceramic mixed in with her magic.

"Urgh, now I need to get a new bowl and make a new batch." The confectioner mare grunted in annoyance.

"I said I was sorry Bon Bon. Look, I'll help you buy a new bowl." The lyrist offered.

Bon Bon simply huffed at this. "Hmph, fine. But you're going to help me make the new batch." She entered the back.

"What? But I don't know anything about making candy!" Lyra objected.

"Well you'll learn now!" Bon Bon stepped out to bite Lyra on the tail before dragging her into the kitchen.

"Ow ow ow, okay okay!" The aquamarine lyrist said defeatedly before taking one last look at me before disappearing behind the curtains.

"I should probably start cleaning the rest of thsat mess up." Twist said, climbing down the stairs.

"Why? Can't you get somepony else to do that?" Dia asked.

"Okay Dia, we've been here long enough." I tapped my friend on the shoulder.

"Oh, okay! Bye Twist!" Dia waved before leaving with me through the front door.

"Okay, bye!" The dorky filly waved goodbye as the sound of the bell's chimed echoed throughout the shop. "I hope you come back soon!"

Author's Note:

Have a 3k word chapter on me.