• Published 24th Dec 2020
  • 349 Views, 6 Comments

Notes in Service of a Love Story - Seer



"If this is what it means to be a fool, I don't wish to be anything else."

  • ...
0
 6
 349

Afterword - Get To Heaven

The audience has long since filtered out, leaving only two mares alone in a vast theatre. Without anyone to watch, the space seems endless. Maybe it always was. In that space, time stretches unchecked and unmarked.

And after time stretches, and then stretches once more, and then eternity passes eternally, infinity moving an infinite amount of times, the sinner finally begins to fill out again. Flesh thickens her form, her coat returns, except it doesn’t stop at the dull earth tones she once was. Rather it keeps going until she is deep and black, majestic, imperious, godly. Wings erupt from her back and she throws her head back in rapture.

The whole time, The Angel watches, until eventually The Sinner stands of her own accord, as stunning and terrifying and beautiful and perfect as her very own shepherd. And the two of them share no words, a look conveys all necessary meaning. The two of them gently embrace, smiling, teary, finally catharsis in a world defined as being bereft of it. And then, their wings begin to gently beat, lifting them skyward.

From above, the spotlight that they are ascending towards starts to get stronger and stronger, until the whole world is once again too bright to even comprehend.

Comments ( 6 )

Fantastic use of the screenplay method without straying into script format. This was evocative and beautiful in all the right ways and the underlying character work is so fitting and so beautiful. Great work as always!

Wow okay. This was unlike anything I've ever read and I loved it. Once again, your ability to set a scene is awe-inspiring, and reading this and Meditations is probably the best way to start Christmas I could possibly imagine.

Dawn needs to pull out the crowbar more often.

Hmm, this was interesting, but I couldn't help but think that watching this as an actual play would be really strange. I also struggle to understand what the audience added, except perhaps to evoke the feeling of experimental theater where the big resolution to the story happens only after all the audience has left.

What a wonderful way to tell a story. I don't think I've read anything like this on fimfiction until now, and I don't think I will again for a very long time. Thank you for leading us on this journey, and for the lovely little reveal at the end. Simply magical, it was.

That was plainly surreal! I loved it

Beautiful. I didn't expect to cry, but I did. Thank you.

Login or register to comment