• Published 1st Nov 2019
  • 2,674 Views, 21 Comments

The Door - Equimorto



There's a door in Twilight's castle. She doesn't know where it leads to, she doesn't know why it's there. But it is. Sometimes, at least. It's rather hard to catch though.

  • ...
2
 21
 2,674

The Door

Twilight stood there, watching.

The mops and buckets stared back. With a flip of her wing, she closed the plain wooden door to the broom closet, and stood there. She stared ahead, without really seeing anything.

Was it still there? She'd have to search through old newspapers to find that out. Could she even find the place?

Did she want to?

Twilight turned, and walked away.

Comments ( 11 )

Curious. Repressed memories? Temporal shenanigans? Ghost door? A most enigmatic tale. Not at all sure what to make of it.

What a fragile thing, the mind is. The scars of experiences long past pop up to trouble one’s future self. Very interesting read.

This was a most interesting read, a nice ride.
And... brilliant horror.

A horror story that actually had me shiver, and not just be mildly uncomfortable. Nice.

I don't know if this was your intention, but I could relate to this story, as a person with panic attack disorder.To me, this door felt like a lingering panic attack.You are always afraid you will have one.And even if you don't, the sensation is always there.Taunting you with"what ifs"

Such an interesting, enigmatic read! Really enjoyed this.
So I assume Twilight had stumbled upon someone's veritable Murder Shed at some point in her youth? And obviously those memories were traumatic and haunted her. That, or the door really is A Thing.

Is it she was dealing with Trauma? Her mind tried to erase it but it kept bugging her as she grew up and she hallucinated it until she could finally face it? Or was she just feeling like a child during that moment and then after witnessing the horror was back to normal? Or something else?
I so very much enjoyed this story.

so...from what i can gather in the comments, filly!twilight saw something through an open door that scarred her for life, and now she's remembering faint glimpses of her past that continue to haunt her.

Holy shit this story turned amazing. Last few chapters made me shiver.
That was just... holy crap. Wow.

This built really well and having the end not be a total reveal but only a vague hint fit the horror nicely.
I'm usually not a fan of the bite-sized chapter style, but it was used very well here with all the small but separate events serving to give a solid sense of the passage of time.
But my favorite bit was how the end had me recontextualize my view of the rest of the story, changing what I thought was supernatural horror to psychological horror.

This was excellent, thank you for writing it:twilightsmile:

Looks like nopony ever shared it here, Scribbler made a reading from this fic:

Login or register to comment