• Published 11th Mar 2018
  • 2,200 Views, 284 Comments

A Compass to the Soul - CartoonNerd12



Rainbow Dash has always want a life at sea but not in the way she thought. Tormented by her past, she tries to move on with her life but nightmares and memories keep reminding her what she had. Will she ever be free from her shadows?

  • ...
3
 284
 2,200

Epilogue

"And so, Mom and Dad lived happily ever after… The end." Seventeen-year-old Scootaloo closed a book before facing her seven-year-old twin brothers, Whirl Wind and Hail Storm in their beds.

She inquired, "Now will you two please go to sleep?!"

Whirl Wind protested, "But we're too excited to go to sleep!"

Hail Storm agreed, "Yeah! Mom and Dad's story is too good!"

"Ugh!" she voiced, "I hate it when you two are right!"

"Maybe it would help if you sang Mom's lullaby, sis." Whirl suggested.

Scootaloo smiled and stated, "Alright…" she cleared her throat and began to sing softly, "Dry your eyes… Everything's alright… I am here to hold you, I won't let you go… Lay your head… Let me calm your fears… You are safe forever, I'll always be here… I know there's pain locked deep in your heart… You feel like you're lost, all alone… But just when it seems, it's hard to believe… The promise of love leads you home… When the rain falls, lift up your eyes… There's a rainbow just standing by… And the colors will light up the sky… Bringing hope to your heart… Guide you away through the dark… Where you'll find me… always with you…"

The boys started yawning and their eyes began to droop but Hail was still able to ask, "When will Mom and Dad be home?"

She stroked his mane, "Soon, I promise. Now, good night…" she saw them closing their eyes and took the candleholder by the nightstand and slowly went out and closed the door behind before going straight to her room and got ready for bed.

And before she blew the candle out she looked up to see a recent portrait of her family comprising of her grandparents, her parents, she, and her twin brothers before smiling at it as she said, "Good night, Mom and Dad." and blew the candle out.

Author's Note:

AND IT IS DONE! Though I'm sure it's not going to come as a surprise to you that I got a sequel in the works given all of those hints I dropped where Scootaloo and Rumble are concerned. So the next story will be called: Mask Not the Eyes and here is a short summary to what it's about.

Since the start of a new era between ponies and creatures alike in Equestira, Rainbow Dash and Soarin have been working extra hard as privateers for the Navy while unrest happens everywhere else in the world. Scootaloo has been happy living with her adoptive parents until one day long-lost relatives of hers have found her and demands for her return much to the dismay of the Dash family. Scootaloo herself doesn't want to go but doesn't have a choice. Will she be able to escape this fate and stay with the family she has gained?

I want to thank everyone for reading this story and I hope to see you in the next installment cause I have been waiting a long time to tell it. It's very exciting. Thank you to my wonderful reviewers, your support will always mean so much to me! Bye!

Comments ( 12 )

Bravo Bravo this story was off the charts with how much I enjoyed it but I have to say I don't know what to look forward to now:pinkiesad2: what do you think?

Regarding the author's notes, are her birth parents still alive, or is there something else going on here? :trixieshiftright:

9684869
The AppleSpike hint was more or less an inside joke of all of my ships being on a ship but yes, you're right it is pretty sudden hence why I made sure Applejack wants Spike to keep exploring his feelings with Rarity before coming to her.

9684872
Sorry that information is classified at the moment.

I loved this story!!!
Kinda disappointed that there was No Fluttercord kiss, but still amazing as always!
Can't wait for the sequel and more of these.
AND to read your other stories soon. 😉
Keep writing!

9684912

the AppleSpike felt came out of nowhere, but unlike her, I think the ship could have been omitted in its entirety in this story.

I was actually going to consider it but read my comment to GLP and you'll see why the result was as it was.

Well... that was... short and to the point. So the entire story was framed as a bed time story... does explain a lot of my criticisms away... I don't know if that was lazy, clever, lazily clever, cleverly lazy or any and/or all combinations of the four...:trixieshiftright:

9684891
So I take it that you are pleading the 5th. Your behavior is suspicious, but now I can't prove anything or state my summation lest I commit liable... clever. :trixieshiftright:

9704353
Whatever can repel villainous pegasi. Can love repel villainous pegasi? I feel like it should but I don't think it does. :fluttershyouch:

Does this mean the sequel will have more scootaloo and rumble in it. I hope so. I mean I like rainbow and scoots family relationship but I really wanna see a story with scootaloo and rumble being a the main relationship

I love this story. Rainbow Dash is awesome, her chemistry with Soarin is great, her relationship with Scootaloo is great, it's also to see RD as a pirate captain. Soarin is also great, I imagine him having Matthew McConaughey's voice. I also imagine thunder lane having Ben Affleck's voice.

WAIT, WHAT!?
DON'T SEPERATE THE DASH FAMILY!
ESPECIALLY not Scoots and her little twin brothers!
On another note, I do look forward to reading the Sequel either way or :twilightsmile:
I must confess, I'm looking forward to some Rumbleloo and CMC pairs in the Sequel though (and maybe even another Dash child, since we know Scoots is going to have a son already :scootangel:)
Aki

Absolutely wonderful. A great story. I enjoyed reading it. :scootangel: :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment