• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 554 Views, 18 Comments

Amereep's Anthology of Flashfics - Amereep



A series of unrelated stories that are 150 words long. All written by some loser.

  • ...
3
 18
 554

PreviousChapters Next
Pure Evil

Author's Note:

July 2023

I've talked about the Final Fantasy crossover I've been writing about a few times in these monthly entries for a while now and made mention of the antagonist, Sol, during those times. He's like an anti-villain Sephiroth that placed all of his sword training into magic casting, a mirror comparison to Tempest Shadow that's lost in his own ambitions, incapable of seeing life as anything but a painful journey that's forced upon us. I often envision his character and construct his lines despite my attempt to focus on the current chapter I'm on. I can't wait to go into deeper detail about him in the story, but before I can do that, I need to address the other antagonist first. While Sol plays as the elusive villain that'll bring the story to a close, the main focus is on a business Burmecian that's pretty much the root of everything.

His name is Yimeck, and the best way to describe him is that he's Donald Trump in a Mickey Mouse costume, but he possesses the brain that Trump likes to assume he has and isn't self-conscious on showing his remorseless side to get his way. I'm trying to make him a despicable ableist that follows a code of dominance no matter the expenses, but I'm concerned that I may be creating a character that doesn't connect with the audience, one that we enjoy to hate. Is he a character with villain traits, or a villain with little character? I don't have a lot of detail about him, and the only line I've written of his is... "There's only one resource that terrifies the competition, whips the defiant, and mesmerizes the consumers. Magic." So I'd like to take this month and test him out for everyone to give their own opinion on him.

And before I start, I'd like to state one fun fact. The last line in the story, it's a phrase Fred Trump drilled into his son. Tell me that it doesn't describe Donald to a 'T'.


Yimeck's Gimmick

"Magic is like a violin's bow, drag it on the string of lives and they sing. Done right, and creatures skip to the fiddle. And as the founder of the Magick Kingdom Corporation, I will always be the winner. Praised, assisted, and proven as winner. Right, captain?"

Shining jerked his restraints, incapable of escaping them, "I wouldn't call the obliteration of your city a win."

"A needed setback."

"Needed? You mean you knew the danger?! How could you just leave the lives under your care inside a deathtrap?!?!"

"Because I will not let a gimp be this company's downfall! I'd sacrifice anyone and profit wouldn't change."

"Even your son?"

"Someone had to go in my place. I'll have another."

Shining's daughter flickered in his mind, recalling all the times he saw her irreplaceable smile, "...you're a monster."

"Nature has two roles. You either play as the loser, or the killer."

PreviousChapters Next