• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 554 Views, 18 Comments

Amereep's Anthology of Flashfics - Amereep



A series of unrelated stories that are 150 words long. All written by some loser.

  • ...
3
 18
 554

PreviousChapters Next
Accelerated Evolution

Author's Note:

March 2021

Accelerated Evolution... This prompt seems easy at first, but I keep hitting on the issue of how to make it entertaining.

I could have Twilight give a speech, but it's more of a speech than a story.
I could make a mini-prequal that involves Sol, but spoiling it would be unavoidable.
I could take this a step further and have it about a real life topic that often doesn't get any recognition, but due to the theme, I don't think people are ready to listen to anything about-

Wait! I know what to write.


The Role We Must Play

Staring up the colossal entrance, Twilight wobbles her jaw with her eyes on the door handle far beyond her reach. She tried to use her magic to open the doorway and she tried flapping her wings to hover towards the handle, but for some reason, the magic in her horn was gone and her wings weren't giving her any height.

Twilight gallops back across the wooden plain towards the castle and starts pushing it towards the door. Her hooves begin to feel the floor vibrating and she stiffens up in fear as the door opens.

"ROOOAAARRR!!!"

Twilight holds her pose as a giant hand picks her up.

"*gasp* an ursa minor! Defend the castle!!"

The hand swings Twilight and rams her into the big teddy bear.

"*phew!*"

The stuff toy flies back.

Twilight is placed on the castle playset, "Nothing will stop me from protecting Equestria!" Megan voices for Twilight.

PreviousChapters Next