• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 554 Views, 18 Comments

Amereep's Anthology of Flashfics - Amereep



A series of unrelated stories that are 150 words long. All written by some loser.

  • ...
3
 18
 554

PreviousChapters Next
An Inconvenient Paradox

Author's Note:

November 2021

There where a few contest a while back that I participated in that involved the use of a monster mare of my own design. I made a detective story about a mushroom mare, and she was again used in the proceeding contest in the form of a sequel. People liked it, and when talk about a third contest was being made, I was already preparing for it. However, the contest died and many of the concepts are left unused, such as the cover art that I specifically made for the story...

So I thought, why not use some of the ideas I had for it this month. After all, I can't think of a better prompt that best describes this opposing character.


The Blue Flame of Thievery

"What does that one say, Truffles?" Tricklebrook points a hoof at the bulletin article.

"Hmm... it's a request to prevent an upcoming... robbery? 'A declaration made by the notorious thief, Nilafia, was made earlier today upon Lord Beaumont, stating that tonight, she'll be acquiring the jewel rose he possesses.' It goes on saying rewards for Nilafia's capture and how to get to Beaumont's castle from there."

"Reward... Hey! Why don't we go get Nilafia first before she can steal that flower? You're good at finding creatures, right?"

"Detective work will do little good with that monster mare. She's crafty with her tactics, an expert at being discreet when she wants to be, and is completely uncatchable."

"Sounds to me like you're scared," Brook mocks.

"I'm stating facts. Nilafia is a Teumessian, a creature that's incapable of being caught. What can there be done to her thieving ways with that advantage?"

PreviousChapters Next