• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 554 Views, 18 Comments

Amereep's Anthology of Flashfics - Amereep



A series of unrelated stories that are 150 words long. All written by some loser.

  • ...
3
 18
 554

PreviousChapters Next
Temples

Author's Note:

August 2021

You would think after writing that Daring Do & Donkey Kong crossover that I would be an expert in exploring temples by now, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I got very lucky to notice a pattern and associate each temple's obstacle to a process in life.

To further the matter, I had nothing for the last temple, not a single gimmick to go off with. ...well...maybe one idea... but I didn't want to deteriorate the tension with this dumb concept I thought of. Not to mention that it would even ruin the logical reasoning of the story's twist.

...it's not a crossover, it's self-promoting with a deleted concept.


The Final Temple's Gimmick

"Now the one under the statue."

*FWZZZZZZZZZZZ*

"Break the pot to use this one."

*FWZZZZZZZZZZZ*

"And then.. um... this one!"

*FWZZZZZZZZZZZ*

"Urgh! I was just here!" Daring roars, vibrating the confined room she stands in.

Daring has had her share of puzzles over the years, but this temple's elaborate layout is proving to be too much for her. Pitfalls, lava spills, blade pendulums, she would gladly take all three of them at once if it meant that she didn't have to step on another telepad. Every room has a unique layout with at least five pads to choose from, but they're starting to blend together to Daring. It's futile to leave an insignia either, as the room magically resets itself when she leaves.

After a heavy groan, Daring recollected her determination and tried another panel. Her location shifted and she now stood at the temple's entrance, "...water temples. ...mere foalsplay."

PreviousChapters Next