• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 554 Views, 18 Comments

Amereep's Anthology of Flashfics - Amereep



A series of unrelated stories that are 150 words long. All written by some loser.

  • ...
3
 18
 554

PreviousChapters Next
Second Chances

Author's Note:

January 2023

With the prompt being 'Second Chance', I am very tempted to use Second Wind for this month, but a name alone won't be enough.

Luckily, this prompt also allows entries from 2022 to be used, and I've been wanting to expand upon a few scenarios that I made for Galloping Hearts (October's entry) such as Big Mac's, but that'll take at least three separate entries involving a running gag with a twist ending. In any case, I would need to follow the prompt for that month (The Feeling's New to Me), and continuing something that is intended to be 'new' is contradicting of itself.

That's why I'll be using BOTH approaches. Taking Galloping Hearts and using it under the prompt of 'Second Chances', continuing it as a story that can stand on its own, resulting with a story that invokes a feeling that'll be new to everyone.

...or at least to Logan upon judging it.


We Now Return to Galloping Hearts

"So I explained to Moondancer that even if she's truly from the future as she claims to be, I'd be an alternate version of the Twilight she knows."

"...daughter..." Flash mutters, attempting to dig out of his shattered world, "...yours and..."

"It's awkward when she calls me 'mother', but the idea of me and Blueblood becoming a thing? Brr."

Flash jumpstarts at the thought, ushering him to act, now, "Twilight, I... I've been meaning to ask you something." Genuinely curious, Twilight focuses on him, making things worse on Flash's faltering courage, "Would you like to... go someplace sometime, just you and me?"

Twilight flinches. Anxiety begins to build inside of her as she reads between the lines, "You mean, like on... on a date?"

"Y-yeah." Flash gulps.

"Well... I..." shrinking back, Twilight hides behind her mane, sheepishly playing with it, "...I'd like that."

"MOTHER! MY MANE HAS TURNED BLUE!!"

PreviousChapters Next